Tom Cruise Gives Scientology "Black Eye" by Missing Fundraiser

Smilla

Ordinary Human
“Is Tom Cruise, Scientology’s most high-profile emissary, ready to cut ties with the controversial religion that appears to be driving a wedge between him and his 6-year-old daughter, Suri?” asks In Touch.

The magazine, picking up on discredited rumors while also completely contradictingits own story from just two weeks ago, interprets Cruise’s absence from a recent Scientology fundraiser as a “powerful statement” against the faith, and an indication he might be leaving it.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/ente...ives-scientology-black-eye-missing-fundraiser

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
:duh:
If anyone wants to make some money.. Just start a blog and cross post shit about Tom Cruise.. Get paid per click by Adsense :lol:
Funnier that In Touch and Life & Style are the same.. Gossip Cop made some money :clap:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
His filming schedule may have had something to do with it.

Mission Impossible 5 ?? Yuck. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000129/

Where is this being filmed? Really, I would think that based on past history he'd find a way to attend. He has a private jet, and, unlike the rest of us mortals, he can go back and forth from movie sets with relative ease. The only good reason for him to miss would be something like Hurricane Sandy. And even then, he should be able to attend, what with his OT abilities to manipulate the MEST universe to suit Co$ needs.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Unlikely speculation.. Yet, it's what I would do, were I in the Cruisemaster's shoes.. Fire the Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology, loud and noisily...

Yep, I'd do that in a hot second!

I'd fly my mustang inverted over Gold Base and give 'em the abominable finger, with a CNN camera crew filming it!

Then I'd apologize to Katie!

:yes:

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Where is this being filmed? Really, I would think that based on past history he'd find a way to attend. He has a private jet, and, unlike the rest of us mortals, he can go back and forth from movie sets with relative ease. The only good reason for him to miss would be something like Hurricane Sandy. And even then, he should be able to attend, what with his OT abilities to manipulate the MEST universe to suit Co$ needs.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here.. But, if he can't use that jet to see his daughter he better not be seen at a $cion show..talk about a flap!

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
The thing is, if he really his hung up on Katie which is certainly possible, he may in fact be trying to distance himself since he knows that's an issue with her. She may also not be liking her new life as much as she thought she would but who knows on that one.