What's new

Tom Cruise has lured my friend into Scientology

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
Well, you signed up to it just the same as everyone else. It's no different for other people. It is all sitting on the shelves of the Scientology bookstore right there for anyone to browse, read or buy. You can go into the org and read them any time.

The difference is in knowing the truth and supporting them anyway. Even those that support the 'tech' here decry the abuse.

When I took my course I read through the website and thought they stood for a good cause. I went to them willingly. It has been a while and as some of you can see, my memory isn't the best. I don't remember even being concerned with Hubbard at all. I mainly remember the ethics or something like that. I've never been a good student. Among other reasons, it was not easy reading.

Does anyone still use wordperfect? No.
Actually I prefer Word Perfect over MS Word, but my business partners use Word so out of simplicity, I use it. When in Rome...

So Jenn W., what are you trying to accomplish now that this thread is over 500 posts long? Have you achieved what you wanted originally? I read your friend was pissed that you were discussing her here - isn't that what I warned you about on day two of your thread?

I guess advice is cheap.

Mimsey

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I hope you are wrong but you are probably right. This is a new thought for me today based on some information Claire posted. I don't see why anyone would want to join knowing all of this. And I am surprised anyone does. It's making me wonder if anyone is joining or if they have to make do with the people they have.

I'm right.

You lose a person at the very moment that they 'find' scientology ... some eventually return and if they're lucky, the people they trashed will still care.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Originally Posted by Mini Me

I've got an idea that might help.

Stop posting.

You got what you came for. You may have been legitimate when you first arrived - I really don't know. But you're just here to cause noise now. I ALWAYS give the benefit of the doubt to newbies. It's my great weakness. I'd rather believe people than not. But you are over the top.

Actually, I am fine with the thread closing. But there is an easier answer. Ignore the thread. It is not mandatory reading. You have no insight into my intentions and your post just adds to the noise you speak of ...Outside of a few posters it is beneficial. Today I have learned things I did not know happened or maybe are still happening.

Untitled-2074.jpg

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
So now you're fine with the thread. A moment ago you were "you guys have broke me like the Scientologists do. I'm brainwashed and am forgetting my own posts. What's next? I will be joining with her?" :bigcry:

Are you bipolar by any chance?

I am joking. Being sarcastic. There are some posters here that have shared invaluable information. It's been a good service to myself and any future person that reads it. But some of the posts haven't served much of a purpose other than to 'out' me as an OSA member, make fun of me, or interrogate me over everything I've said. And now chastise me for making a very simple mistake. I try to remind myself that many of you were probably staff members and had to live by rigid standards and probably impose them on others. The mistakes I have made with inconsistencies, forgetting a post (probably more), etc, probably would not have been tolerated. Like people in the military it would be hard to change the standards you are used to.

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
It's making me wonder if anyone is joining or if they have to make do with the people they have.

Yes, they make due with the people they have.

I was told many many years ago that it was imperative to clear the planet fast. So I got talked into doing things. Turn's out it was all just to keep paying the rent.

Scn went nowhere. And I wasted alot of years....and alot of family.

But I thought I was doing the right thing at the time. Gotta be careful with that stuff. My grandpa told me that in fact, but I didn't listen.

I was going to be a hero! lol.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Originally Posted by JennWonderful
I meant it to be more sarcastic. I'm not a mean person. But you did compare the two. I don't think it is ok. That's why I am here. But is has nothing to do with concentration camps. There is a HUGE difference from the Nazi's coming into peoples homes and shooting people or dragging them off to concentration camp vs.someone seeking enlightenment through Scientology. I get that once people signed up it may have seemed like a concentration camp but you can never compare the two. You can hate me but that is just a place you can't go. I don't see how anyone can defend that comparison.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by FreeBeing
How can you be afraid of your friend joining $cientology and then say it's a path to enlightenment?
duh.gif

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by JennWonderful
I share the beating of the head. Most people here are EX-Scientologists. When they joined it was for a positive reason, right? That was before they knew how bad it was. They signed on the dotted line seeking enlightenment. People have said that to me before. I do not think and have not said I think it is a path to enlightenment. Way out of context.

There's your quote and as previously quoted by me, in complete context. All you Jen's should compare notes before making fools of yourselves. Hint: post history is quotable. :biggrin:

crowd-of-people-1.jpg

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Actually I prefer Word Perfect over MS Word, but my business partners use Word so out of simplicity, I use it. When in Rome...

So Jenn W., what are you trying to accomplish now that this thread is over 500 posts long? Have you achieved what you wanted originally? I read your friend was pissed that you were discussing her here - isn't that what I warned you about on day two of your thread?

I guess advice is cheap.

Mimsey

Yes...

Yes. I confessed my sins committed on this forum and she is no longer speaking to me. And refuses to read any of it because she doesn't want it to 'cloud' her mind. Maybe the reason for my lovely attitude today.

isn't that what I warned you about on day two of your thread?

yes... and I, as well.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
There's your quote and as previously quoted by me, in complete context. All you Jen's should compare notes before making fools of yourselves. Hint: post history is quotable. :biggrin:

I don't get your point. My quotes are the same. You posted two quotes from me and they both say the same thing. I said you can't compare the Jewish people being dragged to a concentration camp vs someone seeking enlightenment through Scientology. Then I said people join Scientology seeking enlightenment by signing on the dotted line. Same thing. I mean that the Jewish people were forced into a concentration camp against their will. She was talking about Scientology and posting pictures of Auschwitz. To me that is making a comparison. I said that people joined Scientology voluntarily. Big difference. But people that signed up then and now still sign up for the same reason...enlightenment many of them tell me. Of course, as a side note, this was before I knew what gottabrain went through. Had I known that I would have left it alone.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
Jenn Wonderful,

I just want to say that, (and I'm posting this in both threads), despite what it may seem like to you, you've gotten a lot of love on this site. Some of it is "love-love", and some of it is "tough love", but it is all love - and by love I mean attention. Those who don't believe you have still given you great advice, and those who do believe have been sticking up for you, holding a space for you to be listened to and supported.

I read an article today about Tom Cruise dating a woman very publicly and I thought about your friend. I think he may be on a campaign to find another girlfriend quickly, if for no other reason than to humiliate Katie Holmes publicly - I think T.C. can be vindictive and cruel when he wants to be. It made me wonder again if your story was true. But I have to say, I still have a lot of doubts, and I'm not changing my mind about my earlier posts.

If, by some slim chance, your story is true, then in the end, it doesn't matter whether it is believed or not. When you got to the emergency room with a broken leg, you may tell them you slipped from a skateboard, or Big Foot tripped you, or a bus ran over it - it doesn't matter. All that matters is that they treat you and ask questions later.

In other words, I feel you've gotten a lot of "treatments" here - sane, thoughtful advice about what to read, what to consider, what to avoid, what to expect. Use that information, whether it came for a supporter or detractor of yours, to make an informed decision that will help you and your friend. If people seem to be against you, perhaps I should speak for myself, it may not only be about you, but about maintaining the integrity of the site. No matter what happens in here, the bottom line is: the church is dangerous and destructive and should be avoided. What I think about your story doesn't matter. Use this information to help your friend, yourself, someone else. If the story isn't true - then I think that is sad. But you're probably telling someone's story, somewhere. That doesn't excuse lying, but it does mean that even through a deception, healing can take place.

XB

Thoughtful advice. Thank you!

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
What did you ever give up? cept the bottle?

I'm not sure what you mean, Done Deal, are you talking about my alcoholism?

Wow, tacky, baby, but I guess, "Fair Game".

What is the context? Please share. I'm not sure what you are referring to. I've given up lots of things. Did Jenn give up something?

Please, if you're going to insult me, go right ahead, but be more specific, or clarify what you mean. Thanks, hon.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors

I guess advice is cheap.

Mimsey

I confessed my involvement here. Thought it was the right thing to do. Everyone's advice here helped tremendously! Good advice is one of the most valuable assets you can have. I am now hoping to snark everyone into forgetting it all so we can all move on. But at the same time, make everyone realize that they need to take people for their word. Some mistrust is expected but I think I answered every question many times over and did everything I could to prove that my intentions were honest. But every time I leave it just continues.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors

I'm right.

You lose a person at the very moment that they 'find' scientology ... some eventually return and if they're lucky, the people they trashed will still care.

My tone in posts probably reflects my thoughts today. I wish I knew all the facts of why she is so obsessed with it. I know many of them and think I know what the main reason it but it doesn't seem like enough to me to make such a life change.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
Yes, they make due with the people they have.

I was told many many years ago that it was imperative to clear the planet fast. So I got talked into doing things. Turn's out it was all just to keep paying the rent.

Scn went nowhere. And I wasted alot of years....and alot of family.

But I thought I was doing the right thing at the time. Gotta be careful with that stuff. My grandpa told me that in fact, but I didn't listen.

I was going to be a hero! lol.

Being a hero has a lure. I tried to tell my friend that she should start her own group. She has the right ideals and has a lot of talents. Not a cult but a blog or something. If enough people come together with the right goals and don't let greed or power come into it, it could be beneficial on a large scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.