What's new

Tom Cruise has time for Scientology, but no time for his daughter or his now dead dad

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Tom Cruise has time for Scientology, but no time for his daughter or his now dead step-dad.

There are separate threads on this, but I wanted to put the pieces together under one headline.

As commonly and frequently reported, Tom Cruise has not seen his nine year-old daughter Suri for two years.

As recently reported, Tom Cruise did not see his dying step-father or bother to attend his funeral.

As reported today, Tom Cruise did, however, make time to visit Scientology’s Bogotá ‘Ideal Org.'

Scientology.

Last edited:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Tom Cruise has time for Scientology, but no time for his daughter or his now dead

I like this thread. No one can even pretend he is a victim anymore. He's a sociopath.

Re: Tom Cruise has time for Scientology, but no time for his daughter or his now dead

I like this thread. No one can even pretend he is a victim anymore. He's a sociopath.
I don't agree with either category. On one hand he is Miscavage's willing and protected tool, on the other - he's a zealot, main lining the kool aid. If I were to pick one Scientology dictum, from it's vast panoply of Hubbardism's, this is the one that applies: You are entirely responsible for your own condition. Tom chooses to ignore the truth, he lives in the movie star's world, where he's shielded from the truth, his ego is constantly stroked and fluffed and more than that, he erected or allowed the barriers to keep the truth at a distance to be erected.

Mimsey

175nc5.jpg

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious

Suri is a reminder for Tom of his inability to keep a wife or his family together. Therefore he has to pretend it's not important, compared to his movie career and his mission of planetary salvage as a Scientologist. Other Scientologists are depending on him to help save this planet before it's too late.

Suri and Katie have their own lives now and neither of them use Scientology or depend on it for anything, and they probably don't need Tom for anything either.

I would imagine that as a father Tom was a bit too intense, controlling and distracted to be great company for a little girl like Suri. Even when they were together as a family, their time together was probably all structured in time blocks, including when Tom was gone for long stretches of time.

I think Katie is smart enough that after she got away from Tom, she probably found some father figure for Suri who was a lot more fun for a little girl to be around, and not someone who was so famous and important. Suri started to feel like she has her own life now, with school and dance classes or whatever, and she's no longer just a prop for her famous father.

That would hit Tom hard, that idea of when he has visited, it's almost like he's a stranger.

This is all speculation based on what I think are probably Tom's delusions about himself, and his role in saving the planet.

Lone Star

Crusader

I don't agree with either category. On one hand he is Miscavage's willing and protected tool, on the other - he's a zealot, main lining the kool aid. If I were to pick one Scientology dictum, from it's vast panoply of Hubbardism's, this is the one that applies: You are entirely responsible for your own condition. Tom chooses to ignore the truth, he lives in the movie star's world, where he's shielded from the truth, his ego is constantly stroked and fluffed and more than that, he erected or allowed the barriers to keep the truth at a distance to be erected.

Mimsey

175nc5.jpg

In other words, he's copped a sociopathic valence.

Anyway, he's doing Suri a favor by not coming around. One day she'll agree. When she's old enough to understand what a fuckwit is....her Dad.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron

AND something awful has happened to his face. He looks more and more like Liberace.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Tom Cruise has time for Scientology, but no time for his daughter or his now dead step-dad.

There are separate threads on this, but I wanted to put the pieces together under one headline.

As commonly and frequently reported, Tom Cruise has not seen his nine year-old daughter Surri for two years.

As recently reported, Tom Cruise did not see his dying step-father or bother to attend his funeral.

As reported today, Tom Cruise did, however, make time to visit Scientology’s Bogotá ‘Ideal Org.'

Scientology.
Of course the important thing is that he does his own stunts

Priorities, people. Priorities.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious

As commonly and frequently reported, Tom Cruise has not seen his nine year-old daughter Suri for two years.

Scientology.[/QUOTE

If true: piece of shit.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious

The story about the stepfather is true. The article I read about it said the stepfather was interviewed just a few days before his death. In times past Tom apparently credited him for being "more of a father to him than his own father ever was". (According to the same article Tom's bio-father was an abusive drunk. That info was in author Andrew Morton's extremely readable unauthorized biography of Cruise. That book is what got me hooked on learning more about $cientology!)

Apparently Tom's mother divorced the stepfather in 2012. In the interview the stepfather confirmed that he had "not seen Tom for a long time" but made no further comments. Shortly thereafter he was hospitalized and died.

Didn't Katie Holmes have a few siblings? Between her parents and siblings who perhaps have children of their own, there would be family there for Suri. I would NOT want my child around Cruise at ALL. Who would want a misguided zealot like him around their child?

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron

why did I remember Tonys "letter to Tom Cruise"....:p

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

Here's what I don't understand. Before TC's latest film, the media was about how he, 'saw the error of his ways,'which almost certainly was a PR curve ball as he tightly controls his image.

In other words, there was no denial about the reports of him speaking to Suri and how he had a, 'realisation' that she was growing up and he wasn't a part of that.

It's now gone completely quiet now that his film has been released, so quiet in fact that he has effectively muzzled the media from asking anything personal.

But why the mea culpa story?

Jump

Operating teatime

http://www.vulture.com/2015/08/alex-gibney-tom-cruise-should-talk-scientology.html
Going Clear Director Alex Gibney Thinks Journalists Should Ask Tom Cruise the Tough Questions About Scientology

What would Gibney ask Cruise, if he could?

I would like to see him asked how he responds to the detailed accounts of human rights abuses in the organization that he singularly represents. He’s the guy who draws people into the organization, so surely he has some comment on the abuses that have been so widely reported. I know he knows about them because his lawyer has detailed accounts of every one of them.

This is all gearing up to Cruise’s next film, Mission: Impossible — Press Control.

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie

Did anyone stop and think that Tom might be seeing his daughter privately?

In order for her to have a "normal" life their visits might be out of the glare of the press.

You do not see as much of mother and daughter out in public either.

I for one would want to protect my children and keep things private and he does have the money to do it. And Katie might have had it set up that way in the divorce papers.

Just saying.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

Did anyone stop and think that Tom might be seeing his daughter privately?

In order for her to have a "normal" life their visits might be out of the glare of the press.

You do not see as much of mother and daughter out in public either.

I for one would want to protect my children and keep things private and he does have the money to do it. And Katie might have had it set up that way in the divorce papers.

Just saying.

No, I don't think this is the case.

There was a story before his latest movie that he had a, 'realisation,' that Suri was growing up and he wasn't a part of her life. Tom is not shy to threaten legal action, so it's probably true, with the unpleasant possibility that Tom and/or his PR people planted this story in order to quell the inevitable questions as he hit the PR movie trail to promote his latest movie.

Tom has been seen with Suri after the divorce.

Personally, I don't care about Tom Cruise, and think he's a bit of a wanker.

What I do care about is that he has managed to manipulate the media and questions need to be asked about scientology's poster boy.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious

Here's what I don't understand. Before TC's latest film, the media was about how he, 'saw the error of his ways,'which almost certainly was a PR curve ball as he tightly controls his image.

In other words, there was no denial about the reports of him speaking to Suri and how he had a, 'realisation' that she was growing up and he wasn't a part of that.

Whether Cruise sees Suri regularly but in secret, we don't know. Whether he doesn't see her for stretches of a year or more and why, we don't know.

However, when the stories about him leaving Scientology because he wanted to spend more time with Suri started to surface -- conflating those two stories -- at first I didn't see an apparent reason why Cruise's PR people (or people promoting his current movie) would start such a rumor when it was suggested by Tony that they could be the source.

UNLESS, perhaps Cruise's PR people would like to sow a crop of various stories such that it becomes confusing to the point where the public never believes any story about Tom Cruise, including the true stories? The bulk of the public won't know or believe that Katie left partly to protect Suri from Scientology; that the cult arranged dates for him; that slave laborers from the Sea Org worked on his aircraft hanger, manage his estates, or tricked out his SUV.

They won't know if he's in the cult or out of the cult, because Cruise himself stopped shilling for the cult in public (I don't mean private Scientology events) and does not want to make the PR mistake of trying to push Scientology when he is supposed to be promoting his movie, as he did with War of the Worlds. So Tom's PR people would like everything about him that isn't so wonderful to be a confusing blur. And journalists aren't allowed to ask him questions about it either.

They want to make the stories about his personal life so confusing and contradictory that the public won't believe any of it and instead see Cruise as a victim of malicious and arbitrary gossip on the Internet and by the press, and that he really is an upstanding guy, a heroic figure, just like many of the roles he plays in movies. That's what will sell movies, not people finding out what a creep he is, or how committed to Scientology he is.

They don't want the public to even think about the contradiction of Cruise claiming that Scientologists are the only ones with all the answers, as he did in his video, and Scientology offering courses and answers on marriage repair, and yet Cruise could not keep Katie Holmes or his own daughter. Nor do they want the public to believe that the story about him dating Nazanin, and then having her sent to Flag for punishment could possibly be true.

A lot of people, including even fans of Tom Cruise, do not have the time or the inclination to delve into all the stories about him, trying to separate truth from fiction, so they'll believe want they want to believe about Tom -- that he is a wonderful, delightful guy, and the ultimate movie star.

By claiming that Tom is leaving Scientology, Tom's PR people could hope to also capture some of his fan base who won't even bother following up on the story to find out that Tom hasn't left Scientology! Those fans will be like, "I trust Tom to know what's best."

As far as the stories about how often or infrequently he sees Suri, that is personal. It would be fascinating to know what's going on there, especially if it happens that he is seeing her only once in a blue moon. Is it because he regards her as a PTS? Is she not his biological child? Is it that Suri doesn't really care about seeing him all that much? (Sometimes the children of stars bond more closely with their caretakers than their parents, if the parents are busy and not around much.) Until Katie or Suri (when she grows up) writes a tell-all book we'll probably not know what's going on there.

What if it happens that Tom Cruise is kind of nutty, an egotistical, overly controlling jerk in his personal life -- "I will call you 'Kate' because 'Katie' is a child's name -- and things like that don't help his image and selling movies at all. That's the kind of thing Tom's PR people will try to control.

The extent to which stars will try to protect their reputations or conceal unflattering truths about themselves is commonplace. Still, it would be nice to hear Tom Cruise come out one day and say, "Maybe Scientology doesn't have all the answers after all."

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

Whether Cruise sees Suri regularly but in secret, we don't know. Whether he doesn't see her for stretches of a year or more and why, we don't know.

However, when the stories about him leaving Scientology because he wanted to spend more time with Suri started to surface -- conflating those two stories -- at first I didn't see an apparent reason why Cruise's PR people (or people promoting his current movie) would start such a rumor when it was suggested by Tony that they could be the source.

UNLESS, perhaps Cruise's PR people would like to sow a crop of various stories such that it becomes confusing to the point where the public never believes any story about Tom Cruise, including the true stories? The bulk of the public won't know or believe that Katie left partly to protect Suri from Scientology; that the cult arranged dates for him; that slave laborers from the Sea Org worked on his aircraft hanger, manage his estates, or tricked out his SUV.

They won't know if he's in the cult or out of the cult, because Cruise himself stopped shilling for the cult in public (I don't mean private Scientology events) and does not want to make the PR mistake of trying to push Scientology when he is supposed to be promoting his movie, as he did with War of the Worlds. So Tom's PR people would like everything about him that isn't so wonderful to be a confusing blur. And journalists aren't allowed to ask him questions about it either.

They want to make the stories about his personal life so confusing and contradictory that the public won't believe any of it and instead see Cruise as a victim of malicious and arbitrary gossip on the Internet and by the press, and that he really is an upstanding guy, a heroic figure, just like many of the roles he plays in movies. That's what will sell movies, not people finding out what a creep he is, or how committed to Scientology he is.

They don't want the public to even think about the contradiction of Cruise claiming that Scientologists are the only ones with all the answers, as he did in his video, and Scientology offering courses and answers on marriage repair, and yet Cruise could not keep Katie Holmes or his own daughter. Nor do they want the public to believe that the story about him dating Nazanin, and then having her sent to Flag for punishment could possibly be true.

A lot of people, including even fans of Tom Cruise, do not have the time or the inclination to delve into all the stories about him, trying to separate truth from fiction, so they'll believe want they want to believe about Tom -- that he is a wonderful, delightful guy, and the ultimate movie star.

By claiming that Tom is leaving Scientology, Tom's PR people could hope to also capture some of his fan base who won't even bother following up on the story to find out that Tom hasn't left Scientology! Those fans will be like, "I trust Tom to know what's best."

As far as the stories about how often or infrequently he sees Suri, that is personal. It would be fascinating to know what's going on there, especially if it happens that he is seeing her only once in a blue moon. Is it because he regards her as a PTS? Is she not his biological child? Is it that Suri doesn't really care about seeing him all that much? (Sometimes the children of stars bond more closely with their caretakers than their parents, if the parents are busy and not around much.) Until Katie or Suri (when she grows up) writes a tell-all book we'll probably not know what's going on there.

What if it happens that Tom Cruise is kind of nutty, an egotistical, overly controlling jerk in his personal life -- "I will call you 'Kate' because 'Katie' is a child's name -- and things like that don't help his image and selling movies at all. That's the kind of thing Tom's PR people will try to control.

The extent to which stars will try to protect their reputations or conceal unflattering truths about themselves is commonplace. Still, it would be nice to hear Tom Cruise come out one day and say, "Maybe Scientology doesn't have all the answers after all."

Yes, of course no one really knows what happens behind closed doors, however his pattern of behaviour is to publicise his time with Suri.

It is also fairly unlikely that Katie Holmes is restricting access for several reasons. First, he has been seen with Suri post divorce. Second, he calls her, so there is indirect contact. Most importantly, Tom is such a control freak, and if Katie was in fact stopping contact, he would be the first to ensure the media were aware of this so it didn't create adverse PR or take legal action.

But you raise a good a really really good point about the possibility of the story that he was going to leave scientology, partly as he wanted to see more of Suri. At least this is how the stories were released. Your point being that it was to confuse people, and at least those who don't really understand the mechanics behind disconnection, it would be memorable, that Tom Cruise was leaving scientology with the default that it was the last thing they heard.

I wonder what the media were threatened with to get them all to comply with the gagging clause?

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious

I wonder what the media were threatened with to get them all to comply with the gagging clause?

They would be threatened with that person, or even their channel/outlet not ever being able to interview Cruise again. But most likely they were the conditions for getting the interview in the first place, that nothing about Scientology or his personal life would be mentioned.

Only a star the magnitude of Tom Cruise can pull that off.

While the initial meetings with Suri were publicized, it's still possible that Cruise met with Suri without it being made into a story. Kind of hard to believe since when they were together, every time Suri bought a new pair of heels (ha ha) or threw a tantrum, it was a news story with photos.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious

The story about the stepfather is true. The article I read about it said the stepfather was interviewed just a few days before his death. In times past Tom apparently credited him for being "more of a father to him than his own father ever was". (According to the same article Tom's bio-father was an abusive drunk. That info was in author Andrew Morton's extremely readable unauthorized biography of Cruise. That book is what got me hooked on learning more about $cientology!)

Apparently Tom's mother divorced the stepfather in 2012. In the interview the stepfather confirmed that he had "not seen Tom for a long time" but made no further comments. Shortly thereafter he was hospitalized and died.

Didn't Katie Holmes have a few siblings? Between her parents and siblings who perhaps have children of their own, there would be family there for Suri. I would NOT want my child around Cruise at ALL. Who would want a misguided zealot like him around their child?

I totally agree. As much as I believe a little girl should see her Daddy, I'm thinking Katie must wake up every day SO thankful that Suri was pulled far away from the cult. And yes, Katie is the youngest of five (?) so I'm sure she's got cousins etc. I hope she's settled back into school as well with friends there, and a "normal" upbringing.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious

They would be threatened with that person, or even their channel/outlet not ever being able to interview Cruise again. But most likely they were the conditions for getting the interview in the first place, that nothing about Scientology or his personal life would be mentioned.

Only a star the magnitude of Tom Cruise can pull that off.

While the initial meetings with Suri were publicized, it's still possible that Cruise met with Suri without it being made into a story. Kind of hard to believe since when they were together, every time Suri bought a new pair of heels (ha ha) or threw a tantrum, it was a news story with photos.

If I were a journalist, I'd be willing to throw it all away & be "that person" who dared to ask his highness about his children & religion. About the rumors that are out there, etc. If Cruise answers the questions honestly, then he'd be back in everyone's good graces. I think the fact that a condition was that he NOT be asked, it must have been known that he'd either flip out and storm off the interview set, or his answers would drive more nails into the proverbial coffin. He said LOTS, in my opinion, by making such a ridiculous condition.