What's new

Tom Cruise is Moving to Florida

Wait a cotton picking minute. He's moving to Tampa, not Agua Claro? ( Clear water in Spanglish) Now it's all clear to me. A businessman I know of, moved the Tampa, because of the lower workman's comp rates. So now that the jig is up on him using SO members to decorate his hangers and make tricked out vans, and HE has to pay normal wages - hey! Vamoose to Florida.

It's either that, or he's going to get a gun carry license. The paparazzi better keep their distance.

Mimsey

Gun Laws Overview

RIFLES & SHOTGUNS

HANDGUNS

Permit to Purchase No No
Registration of Firearms No No
Licensing of Owners No No
Permit to Carry No Yes

The list and map below are included as a tool to assist you in validating your information. We have made every effort to report the information correctly, however reciprocity and recognition agreements are subject to frequent change. The information is not intended as legal advice or a restatement of law and does not include: restrictions that may be placed on non-resident permits, individuals under the age of 21, qualifying permit classes, and/or any other factor which may limit reciprocity and/or recognition. For any particular situation, a licensed local attorney must be consulted for an accurate interpretation. YOU MUST ABIDE WITH ALL LAWS: STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL.

STATE STATUS

Castle Doctrine Enacted
No-Net Loss Enacted
Right to Carry Confidentiality Provisions Enacted
Right to Carry in Restaurants Partial Ban
Right To Carry Laws Shall Issue
Right To Carry Reciprocity and Recognition True Reciprocity
Right to Keep & Bear Arms State Constitutional Provisions With Provisions
thanks to the NRA

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/florida/

hero_EB20040806REVIEWS408060302AR.jpg

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Houses are cheap there, but in the $20,000,000 and up range, you gotta get one built. Here's one currently being built that looks more suitable for Tommy's tastes. http://www.campagnahomes.com/gallery/appian/the-lakes/

Interesting logo.

CampaignaHomes.png

Can I be the one to just say the obvious?

The people who promoted Tom's recent Mission Impossible installation managed to zip the lips of everyone on every talk show on the circuit, but they didn't zip the lips of every actor and director and make up artist behind the scenes.

People must be talking about is him using slave labor, bugging Nicole's phone and being fine with his best friend's wife disappearing.

There are probably lots of colleagues of his who had no idea. Well now they do. Maybe TC has been getting the cold shoulder from his formerly naive friends.

The real reason IMHO is he just doesn't want to be in town while the Academy awards are on. If Going Clear wins Academy awards, he cannot be there when it does. The film is largely about him.

In fact, if it is nominated, he'd have to be present in the room while bits of it were being shown. People would be clapping. They'd be clapping at his expense.

He won't be back before February 2016. My hope is he accepts a voluntary exile. My hope is he stops making movies.

I think Going Clear has really broken him. I think Gibney's choice to adapt Lawrence's book into Tom's own format delivered to his own audience has really thrown down the gauntlet.

Gibney openly challenged Cruise to take responsibility for the actions of the Scientology organization.

This move would appear to be his answer. Cruise is a coward. He's moving to one of the few places where that film hasn't been shown.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
This has arguably been the worst year in Scientology's history.

Tom Cruise is about to get clobbered in Leah Remini's book, Troublemaker.

And if Going Clear wins an Academy Award next year...I don't think his needle will be floating much.

So he's "confronting" the suppression in his life in accordance with the dictates of his "church."

By running away.

In fact, if it is nominated, he'd have to be present in the room while bits of it were being shown. People would be clapping. They'd be clapping at his expense.
The stars only go to the academy awards if they have a film up for an award, or are a presenter. I was told by a person who helps the stars prep for the evening - it costs a star on average $5 K to do the academy awards.

All the money goes to stylists for hair, makeup, stylists to arrange what dress, and once that's chosen, someone to co-ordinate jewelry, shoes, bags, accessories. Plus someone to hire their limos, on and on not to discuss the time spent fitting different dresses, jewelry, shoes, bags, accessories, staff the dress them, to keep the makeup perfect before they present etc. Just finding a dress is a pain - the stylist has to talk to the different houses - and hopefully get a dress that's not being worn somewhere else. All billable hours.

Crazy crazy crazy.

So, unless he's got a reason to be there, he won't show. Mimsey

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
The stars only go to the academy awards if they have a film up for an award, or are a presenter. I was told by a person who helps the stars prep for the evening - it costs a star on average $5 K to do the academy awards.

All the money goes to stylists for hair, makeup, stylists to arrange what dress, and once that's chosen, someone to co-ordinate jewelry, shoes, bags, accessories. Plus someone to hire their limos, on and on not to discuss the time spent fitting different dresses, jewelry, shoes, bags, accessories, staff the dress them, to keep the makeup perfect before they present etc. Just finding a dress is a pain - the stylist has to talk to the different houses - and hopefully get a dress that's not being worn somewhere else. All billable hours.

Crazy crazy crazy.

[highlight]So, unless he's got a reason to be there[/highlight], he won't show. Mimsey

Like showing off his new dress for instance?

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Ellipsis normally means omission of something and is often seen in quotations.

In Leland's case....however....it just means a sort of meandering....different thoughts here and there... from one topic to another...without need for punctuation (using the dreaded single-dot periods) ...or capitalization......who can be bothered?

I kid Leland of course. I've often found myself using those awesome dots on occasion....:biggrin:

It never really occurred to me until this discussion about ellipsis' but I've been wondering the last couple days about what is the proper amount of dots when utilizing an ellipsis? I've always used 5 dots since that looked to be the most aesthetic to me and didn't seem to be over or under use.

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
It never really occurred to me until this discussion about ellipsis' but I've been wondering the last couple days about [highlight]what is the proper amount of dots when utilizing and ellipsis[/highlight]? I've always used 5 dots since that looked to be the most aesthetic to me and didn't seem to be over or under use.

[...]

HTH. :wink2:

Last edited:
Interesting logo.

View attachment 11433

Can I be the one to just say the obvious?

The people who promoted Tom's recent Mission Impossible installation managed to zip the lips of everyone on every talk show on the circuit, but they didn't zip the lips of every actor and director and make up artist behind the scenes.

People must be talking about is him using slave labor, bugging Nicole's phone and being fine with his best friend's wife disappearing.

There are probably lots of colleagues of his who had no idea. Well now they do. Maybe TC has been getting the cold shoulder from his formerly naive friends.

The real reason IMHO is he just doesn't want to be in town while the Academy awards are on. If Going Clear wins Academy awards, he cannot be there when it does. The film is largely about him.

He won't be back before February 2016. My hope is he accepts a voluntary exile. My hope is he stops making movies.

I think Going Clear has really broken him. I think Gibney's choice to adapt Lawrence's book into Tom's own format delivered to his own audience has really thrown down the gauntlet.

Gibney openly challenged Cruise to take responsibility for the actions of the Scientology organization.

This move would appear to be his answer. Cruise is a coward. He's moving to one of the few places where that film hasn't been shown.

True, and even Kirstie might be packing up her lemurs and moving out when Leah's book hits the stores.

I am moving up to glee.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
This has arguably been the worst year in Scientology's history.

Tom Cruise is about to get clobbered in Leah Remini's book, Troublemaker.

And if Going Clear wins an Academy Award next year...I don't think his needle will be floating much.

So he's "confronting" the suppression in his life in accordance with the dictates of his "church."

By running away.

LOL LOL

Yes, exactly!

But, in Scientology we don't refer to OTs "running away" or "blowing".

We much prefer to describe it as a stellar act of "honor" (e.g. "Do not give or receive communication unless you yourself desire it").

In Scientology, we also quite like the notion of "Duplicating Source" and following Ron's "Successful Actions".

Ergo..............

HELPFUL TIPS FOR TOM CRUISE:

* You are doing great on your current course, HPDARC (Hubbard Professional Disconnection & Abdication of Responsibility Course). Stay on Ron's Routing Form and the Commodore will be there waiting for you up the line, over the bridge and holding the fort at Target II.

* After completing your current course, be sure to continue following the Commodore's Successful Actions--by acquiring a Bluebird Motorhome.

aff231e5a7935141c2335a8433f9443a.jpg

Ron stated in the Sea Org tapes that it is best to "...always remain Fabian" and (just like Ron) you will be able to go wherever you want undetected, always on the move one step ahead of investigative journalists, process servers or pain-in-the-ass Scientologists who take everything literally and are actually trying to do the DOUBT FORMULA by asking what your true stats and intentions are. As if! LOL

* You will also want to buy a boat (like Dr. Hubbard) to stay out of reach of civil and criminal litigation and tax agencies. While hiding at sea may be somewhat out-PR for an OT, you can easily out-create the perception that you are a scared little delusional cult member by writing a best-selling book. And you can give a filmed interview where you can answer intrusive questions about the failure of your 3 marriages by saying such clever misdirections as: "I never had a second [STRIKE]wife[/STRIKE] dynamic", and so on and so forth...

b21a0040-2e7f-452e-873d-043cb763a7d4_zps21dg53c0.jpg

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

NOTE TO LURKERS: Just in case you don't know why there was a black-n-white photo of Tom Cruise (above) wearing a cringey sailor costume, holding a ludicrously stupid book. . .

df8f24d1-54e5-4425-9a61-f4d31a66dd7b_zps7ea6fdd0.jpg

See? I didn't make it up. LOL

Scientology: You don't have to make anything up to create satire. Hubbard already thought of the stupidest things imaginable.

JustSheila

Crusader

We much prefer to describe it as a stellar act of "honor" (e.g. "Do not give or receive communication unless you yourself desire it").

In Scientology, we also quite like the notion of "Duplicating Source" and following Ron's "Successful Actions".

Ergo..............

* You are doing great on your current course, HPDARC (Hubbard Professional Disconnection & Abdication of Responsibility Course).

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :roflmao: Lol on the HPDARC course, the Hubbard Professional Disconnection & Abdication of Responsibility Course. That is EXACTLY what Scientology is about!

AWESOME! You had me on the floor already, but the rest, lol, HH!

Stay on Ron's Routing Form and the Commodore will be there waiting for you up the line, over the bridge and holding the fort at Target II.

* After completing your current course, be sure to continue following the Commodore's Successful Actions--by acquiring a Bluebird Motorhome.

Ron stated in the Sea Org tapes that it is best to "...always remain Fabian" and (just like Ron) you will be able to go wherever you want undetected, always on the move one step ahead of investigative journalists, process servers or pain-in-the-ass Scientologists who take everything literally and are actually trying to do the DOUBT FORMULA by asking what your true stats and intentions are. As if! LOL

They're out to getcha, all of 'em, so this is how you run away, hide and eventually try to electrocute yourself. Always ask, "WHAT WOULD RON DO?" lol lol lol

* You will also want to buy a boat (like Dr. Hubbard) to stay out of reach of civil and criminal litigation and tax agencies. While hiding at sea may be somewhat out-PR for an OT, you can easily out-create the perception that you are a scared little delusional cult member by writing a best-selling book. And you can give a filmed interview where you can answer intrusive questions about the failure of your 3 marriages by saying such clever misdirections as: "I never had a second [STRIKE]wife[/STRIKE] dynamic", and so on and so forth...

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

One of my favorite posts you've ever written, HH! Thanks for the laughs. :kiss:

Sassy

Patron Meritorious

From Orlando Weekly

I wonder what they really think :think: :confused2:

LOVELY. I live on the opposite coast--that's a little too close for my comfort! We don't pay a State income tax here in Florida so maybe it's got something to do with that? I hear his ranch in Telluride is on the market and that he's sold one LA home & there's possibly another on the market out there as well. He's got some kind of agenda for sure & I have a funny feeling it's got something to do with funding his dying church. I bet he's regged on a proportionate scale so maybe DM has told him he can be the BIGGEST BEING ever but they only need $100 million! It's very odd for sure & will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
That is funny! He was abducted alright, the moment he joined $cientology.

I can't believe how many people now post on the Hollywood & celeb chat sites about Xenu, spaceships, cult, wackos, etc etc etc. Tom Cruise and his cult are the laughing stock of so many of these articles where average folks comment. With the size of his ego, the very fact that he's still in tells me there is ZERO chance he will ever leave. People are dying, families are torn apart, a film about the cult could possibly win an Oscar and he is STILL IN. He's long gone :omg:

HelluvaHoax!

I can't believe how many people now post on the Hollywood & celeb chat sites about Xenu, spaceships, cult, wackos, etc etc etc. Tom Cruise and his cult are the laughing stock of so many of these articles where average folks comment. With the size of his ego, the very fact that he's still in tells me there is ZERO chance he will ever leave. People are dying, families are torn apart, a film about the cult could possibly win an Oscar and he is STILL IN. He's long gone :omg:

HellYeah!

There is one other little curiosity that has allowed Cruise to...well, "cruise over" the burning questions about his cult, without answering any of them whatsoever!

Recently "GOING CLEAR" documentary filmmaker Alex Gibney went quite public with his insightful lambasting of talk show host Jon Stewart, who famously avoided any "sensitive" questions that Scientology's spokesman might take offense at:

'Going Clear' helmer Alex Gibney writes for THR:
"Human rights are more important than
Hollywood stunts on the wing of an airplane."

That "THR" is THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER, the most famous movie/entertainment trade paper in the world, read by virtually all movie stars, actors, directors, producers, agents, managers, writers, cinematographers, production crew and studio executives.

ARTICLE LINK HERE

Back to the premise of this post--why Cruise is immune from being questioned about his cult's human rights atrocities and sociopathic "fair game" policies. Only one reason.

Money.

To be even more specific, the Boxoffice Success of Tom Cruise's "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE" sequels.

Cruise's other movies have bombed or underperformed for more than a decade.

His last lifeline is that Mission Impossible's sequels are blockbusters. That means big money.

If Cruise didn't have that franchise, he would be "Fair Game" to the media and they'd jump all over him like a pack of rabid ratings wolves.

But, media professionals (like any other professionals) are worried sick about their own jobs and ratings. And when they score a huge exclusive or semi-exclusive interview (Tom Cruise, Obama, Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner, et al) they are building their own show's franchise, longevity and revenues.

Those interviewers are, naturally, not who they pretend to be. They are not the indefatigable democratic human rights crusaders, they are business professionals who (like the actors they interview) have created a likable personna. For example, if Jon Stewart cared even slightly about all the ultra-liberal "social justice" issues that he promotes, he would have (like Cruise's character in the movie RISKY BUSINESS) just said: "Sometimes you just gotta say WHAT THE FUCK!!" After which, Stewart would have asked Cruise very directly about why he doesn't do something about the imprisonments, beatings, terrorism and fraud of Scientology's David Miscavige.

Well, perhaps when MISSION IMPOSSIBLE is no longer raking in truckloads of money, some intrepid interviewer will conduct a real interview and ask some real questions. Until that happens, Cruise and his handlers require that the talk shows and their hosts AGREE IN ADVANCE TO NOT ASK CRUISE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY.

So much for Grade Zero, where Scientologists lie and pretend they can talk to anyone about any subject. LOL

LOL LOL

Yes, exactly!

Ergo..............

* You are doing great on your current course, HPDARC (Hubbard Professional Disconnection & Abdication of Responsibility Course). Stay on Ron's Routing Form and the Commodore will be there waiting for you up the line, over the bridge and holding the fort at Target II.

Hehe, when I first glanced at the book in your post, 'How to Save Your Marriage",
because it's a little blurred, and I have not had any coffee yet, I read it as :
"How to Save Your Marriages" :biggrin:

HelluvaHoax!

Hehe, when I first glanced at the book in your post, 'How to Save Your Marriage",
because it's a little blurred, and I have not had any coffee yet, I read it as :
"How to Save Your Marriages" :biggrin:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

That would be one insanely hilarious shoop! So as to not majorly f*ck it up with my detestably amateurish graphic skills................

I pray that ILove2Lurk receives this message in the theta universe on this planet. lol