What's new

Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes - National Enquirer, October 6, 2008

Pixie

Crusader
Ah, yes. The Universe is your friend. :)

But there's another saying: "People who marry for money earn every penny." I guess she's finding that out.

Lynn

:laugh: I knew a woman when I was a young teenager, she used to say to me, "It's as easy to fall in love with a rich man as a poor one". Now I was only ten at the time, but for me, if the love's not there, what's the point. I dated two millionaires in my life, one of them proposed and offered me more than I could even list here, but I didn't love him. Do I regret it now? Yes... :laugh: But I still couldn't do it.

But for sure she's finding out. But she was in love with him for ages yes? Even before they got together. I think her 'illusions' are being shattered as we speak, and my heart goes out to her.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
But for sure she's finding out. But she was in love with him for ages yes? Even before they got together. I think her 'illusions' are being shattered as we speak, and my heart goes out to her.

Well, that might have been a shore story too. But if it was real, I feel for her. I guess all of us here know a thing or two about shattered illusions. Going into things with "eyes wide shut," so to speak. :coolwink:

Lynn

Pixie

Crusader
Well, that might have been a shore story too. But if it was real, I feel for her. I guess all of us here know a thing or two about shattered illusions. Going into things with "eyes wide shut," so to speak. :coolwink:

Lynn

Well that IS for sure Lynn!! And there's nothing more painful than having one's illusions shattered! :no:

Jakadak

Patron with Honors
National Enquirer=liars.

Although I hope this story is true.

I was thinking the same thing Iknowtoomuch. How much credit do you give magazines like this to tell the truth??? I know ( here in Oz ) some people believe what they read in a magazine like this but some people ( me included ) question the validity of the story.. especially if its to do with celebs. Thus I don't buy magazines much any more.

Jakadak :happydance:

Wisened One

Crusader
I really feel for Katie.

I hope she gets out, soon.

I bet she already has and is constantly being recovered.

Wonder if she's friends with Jason's wife (or was and can't be now). :melodramatic:

cinamingrl

Patron Meritorious
~~~

I do not buy or read those magazines, the people who run them are trash.

I remember once in a college writing class we were supposed to write a paper on something that happened in the media pertaining to celebrities or the famous or wealthy being allowed preferential treatment over regular people. We were not allowed to use those awful magazines. I wrote my paper on Winona Ryder being arrested for shoplifting and how she didn't do any jail time. Considering how expensive the garment she stole was, it should have been grand theft or burglary.

I'm getting off the subject.

I think that Tom Cruise is a womanizer and sweeps women off their feet. And then reality hits them. I'd hate to be with a freak like Cruise, who was constantly reading LRH crap and leaving it all over the place. I think I'd have been shredding it or tossing it.

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Now with link.

"Is Cruise Control... OuttaControl? Furious KATIE HOLMES discovered Scientology books and pamphlets cluttering a table in her dressing room after a rehearsal of the Broadway show 'All My Sons," snatched them up, shoved them at hubby TOM CRUISE, and snapped: 'Get rid of these! They are NOT staying in my dressing room!' Insiders say Tom planted the reading material in hopes that 'VIP well-wishers' would peruse the Church propaganda, but wifey - rightfully raging that her dressing room is not a Scientology library - added that her Broadway debut's put her under major stress, and he's making it worse! Incredibly, sources say, tom quietly did just as he was told. (Yay, Katie... you GO, girl!)"​

National Enquirer
October 6, 2008
Pages 12-13

Now with link:
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/katie_dressing_room_scientology/mikewalker/64174

sandygirl

Quote from Cinamingirl:
I remember once in a college writing class we were supposed to write a paper on something that happened in the media pertaining to celebrities or the famous or wealthy being allowed preferential treatment over regular people.

Wow...too bad you couldn't go to Celebrity Centre! Compare, let's say JTs experience with some of the SO or staff members on this board!!! That would be a prize winning paper!!!!

Pixie

Crusader
I tend to think he swings the other way.

At the end of the day who cares what way he 'swings'. We were ALL like Tom Cruise once upon a time, hysterical with glee so I don't get why people give him such a hard time. None of us know the real truth, maybe there is no way out for this guy, who knows what DM has got him caught up in, maybe we'll never know. But when we were 'in', we thought it was the bees knees in the cats jim jams and wanted everyone else to share our 'wins'. He's a brainwashed cultie just like we all were, so scathing him isn't going to help. What if he comes on this site and sees all this crap about him, he's not going to feel very welcome is he. I feel that he means well, he's a scientologist, so on some level he wants to help. Give him a break.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
At the end of the day who cares what way he 'swings'.

Not me, I ain't sleepin' with him.

It was simply a response.

I do think he's a good actor. I won't pay to see movies he stars in, but I do think he stole the show in Tropic Thunder. It's nice to see a departure from his typical fare. (The large glowing Om behind his desk? Priceless.)

Human Again

I do think he's a good actor. I won't pay to see movies he stars in, but I do think he stole the show in Tropic Thunder. It's nice to see a departure from his typical fare. (The large glowing Om behind his desk? Priceless.)

OMG :omg: I was watching the movie and about 20 minutes after he first appeared on screen I turned to hubby and whispered, "I think that's Tom Cruise".

It was brilliant!

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
If it's true and Katie did put her foot down and set limits... that's good for her and good for Tom too.

As far as Tom is concerned and his PR for the 'church', yes he's like many other scn'ists- caught up in the machine; but quite unlike most of us he has a hugh audience and can do far more damage in terms of attracting thousands of young people to the Co$'s doors. No doubt he was duped into doing so. And rightly so many people have voiced their concern and protest on this issue. As he is also a very visual close friend of DM.... and... well, it is what it is and it ain't a pretty picture. I feel for him, as I do Katie and all those who are unknowingly doing DM's bidding; yet the public out-lash against his very vocal involvement can be seen as a natural reaction to a celebrity cultists influence having 'gone out of control'. Somewhere inside, I hope he knows this.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Pixie made the point that she doesn't know why people are so hard on him. I guess in my viewpoint he is a liability as long as he is in and getting others in. But in reality he seems to be doing far more damage to the cult than good. Every time he opens his mouth about it people think he's crazy. But maybe one day he'll have the cognition that the person who has done more damage to his career, reputation /, and relationships is DM. And who knows maybe the fact that he was so gung ho about it will make him more likely to do a 180 as did Jason Beghe. So at this point I really can't stand the guy as he represents this cult that exploited my idealism and left me in serious debt. But if he were to come out against it I would welcome him back to reality and he could probably do more to hurt scn than anyone.

MLWilde

Patron
Any ideas here what might help Katie wake up?

Sounds like Katie is awake... otherwise she might have embraced the freedom pamphlets.

I also just read about the National Enquirer having that reputation for being [more] legit because of being sued so much in the past... (maybe it was here?) And they did report on the John Edwards affair like a year before it was officially verified, so one hopes that this story has a vein of truth. Katie can't be that blind or insulated, can she? It's not like she's been "in" for years or anything - remember that video of all the Scns clapping wildly at some event and Katie's clapping softly, with a "wtf" look on her face.

Wisened One

Crusader
If that story is true, I agree that it sounds like Katie may be waking up, good for her! :thumbsup:

Re: TC: I'm still mad at him, and refuse to watch any of his movies! (At least for a while).

Re: TC getting people in: Yeah, he got one of his set dressers from the Interview With The Vampire movie interested, and I was her Reg. Sweet lady. She gave me a pair of yin yang earrings that I still have to this day. Wonder if she's still in? :hmm:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Maybe, but what does it say about the Tech that he appears to have changed so much for the worse? Isn't there something faulty in the original vision of the CofS that such a person can not only degrade in this fashion but rise to the top of the organisation while he does it?

Free will trumps everything. If someone's constantly acting irresponsibly or predatory then they aren't applying tech and they aren't going to get anywhere with it.

sandygirl

Can i just say why I HATE TC???

When I was fed up with the Nazi regime DM "fired off" to our Org. to go St. Hill size, I found my little toocas in Ethics a few times.

Guess what I had to watch OVER AND OVER??

"MR. CRUISE" whining about how he had no time to ROMP!!!!

WTF????

All I've ever seen the guy do is romp!!!! And..........didn't he take a SPECIAL romp in the wildflowers????????????