What's new

Tom Cruise leaving Co$ : the Gossip & Speculation thread.

Cornelius Bigot

Patron with Honors
I imagine there's plenty of rumors going around regarding TC and the Co$.
Here's one i just came across. Published July 1st on hollywoodlife.com.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/07/01/tom-cruise-leaving-scientology-church-suri-cruise/

An insider explained to Star Magazine how Tom’s recent phone call with Suri made him realize he needed to get out. “She was going on and on about her ballet class and how much she loves it. That’s when Tom realized he’s never seen her perform ballet and he started to tear up,” the insider claimed. “It hit him that she’s growing up before his eyes and he’s not there to witness most of it. They talk on the phone and video chat, but it’s not the same.” Phone calls and video chats for Tom and Suri can’t really replace spending actual, physical time with each other, especially since Suri is so young.

I'll believe it when i see it. But thought perhaps a thread might be usefull to keep things together.

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
It would be epic - if true. The Suri story is believable as truth or as a pretext. It is entirely believable he would leave to spend more time with her but it's also believable that he's done with Scientology and using "I want to spend more time with my family" as an excuse to get out. I'm sure he does want to spend more time with her, but it would be a more gracious way to leave than saying, "Scientology is total bullshit and an embarrassment, so I'm leaving."

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Terrific if he does it! - And strangely fitting, with the new TopGun flick that is rumored.. The first TopGun movie just before Tom Cruise joined Scientology, sorry: The Sinister and execretable Scamcult of Scientology which is also obnoxious, then TopGun 2 just after he left. Reflecting Hubbard's start/change/stop cycle. In between start and stop we can hear him screamin' Get Control! get control! while spinning. Reminds me of my ride with that cult!

:yes:

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
I imagine there's plenty of rumors going around regarding TC and the Co$.
Here's one i just came across. Published July 1st on hollywoodlife.com.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/07/01/tom-cruise-leaving-scientology-church-suri-cruise/

I'll believe it when i see it. But thought perhaps a thread might be usefull to keep things together.

What doesn't make sense is that allegedly Tom was still active in Suri's life even after the divorce for a period. At this stage, Katie almost definitely would have had the SP label, and yet he still had very public contact with Suri.

So what has changed making him a deadbeat dad?

Possibly the, 'Going Clear,' factor making him declare which, 'side,' he is on as he's something or other in the Sea Org command structure. Maybe the issue of Suri came up as a PTS/SP item and since he has the personal skills of a rhino, he just disconnected, but still manages phone calls? Maybe Katie doesn't want him to have contact, but this doesn't seem likely as he would take immediate legal action and ensure every gossip magazine was aware.

Either way, Suri is way better without him.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
This story does not make sense.

An insider explained to Star Magazine how Tom’s recent phone call with Suri made him realize he needed to get out. “She was going on and on about her ballet class and how much she loves it. That’s when Tom realized he’s never seen her perform ballet and he started to tear up,” the insider claimed. “It hit him that she’s growing up before his eyes and he’s not there to witness most of it. They talk on the phone and video chat, but it’s not the same.” Phone calls and video chats for Tom and Suri can’t really replace spending actual, physical time with each other, especially since Suri is so young.

Tom probably lives in a fortress with all sea org slaves or at least brain washed scientologists so who is in the room with him while he made this phone call? If this story got out he would know exactly who told this story.

And who knows what Tom did or did not "realize" about his not seeing her perform ballet.

This story tells us what he is thinking, how would anyone know.

I doubt he will ever leave Sceintology. Where else would he become ruler of the universe

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
So what has changed making him a deadbeat dad?

Possibly the, 'Going Clear,' factor making him declare which, 'side,' he is on as he's something or other in the Sea Org command structure. Maybe the issue of Suri came up as a PTS/SP item and since he has the personal skills of a rhino, he just disconnected, but still manages phone calls? Maybe Katie doesn't want him to have contact, but this doesn't seem likely as he would take immediate legal action and ensure every gossip magazine was aware.

Either way, Suri is way better without him.

That's a bit strong. It's always better to have your Dad in your life so long as he is not abusive. It is the enemy that breaks up families.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ain't gonna happen. The poor man is just too stupid to see the obvious. He deserves some award or something. How can you misread so badly someone you've spent so much time with while continually hearing what the guy is really like? It's truly impressive.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Ain't gonna happen. The poor man is just too stupid to see the obvious. He deserves some award or something. How can you misread so badly someone you've spent so much time with while continually hearing what the guy is really like? It's truly impressive.

Besides, he has another wife audition to host. I'm patiently waiting for a callback. :biggrin:

cheerful-man-drag-queen-female-suit-29076622.jpg

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
This is by far the funniest thing I have read about the Star's latest article on Tom Cruise, lol!

r5onznet3fwlof4gzx3u.png

This Week In Tabloids: Tom Cruise Is Leaving Scientology, Xenu Is Mad
By Bobby Finger at Jezebel
Filed to: midweek madness 7/01/15 2:45pm

TOM LEAVING SCIENTOLOGY! “I’M DOING THIS FOR SURI”

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Could it be true? Tom Cruise is actually leaving Scientology? Star says so, and they’re as reliable as L. Ron Hubbard. Sources say “Tom has finally had enough” and that he “may soon part ways with the cultlike religion.” Hehehehe, cultlike. That’s cute, Star. Anyway, he’s sick of how the religion has destroyed his marriages (all three of ‘em!) and doesn’t want it to ruin “his relationship with Suri, too.” The source continued, “When she speaks to him on the phone, it’s becoming more and more like she’s talking to a stranger. Tom hates that.” Imagine Tom calling and being like, “Hey Suri, it’s daddy!” and Suri saying, “Who? Mr. Klein?” It’s funny, but it’s also very sad. You know what else is sad? That Tom will have to hire plenty of lawyers just to leave a religion. “He knows things are going to get ugly,” says the source, who has probably seen Going Clear at least twice. Imagine if David Miscavige uploaded his entire Scientology file to Scribd! All our heads would explode like the hydrogen bombs that were lowered into volcanos to destroy the aliens 75 million years ago.

Jump

Operating teatime

I vote for the
FREEDOM MEDAL OF CAPTIVITY

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
When I was Suri's age, I used to see my aunts and uncles more than she sees her father. The "growing up before his eyes" part -- that's the problem. She's growing up NOT before his eyes. Every time he sees her she's grown more, because he doesn't see her very often.

Scientology was certainly a problem for Katie, especially in regard to Suri -- maybe even a major problem -- but I bet there were many other problems with Tom also.

It's hard for me to believe Tom is being guided by Miscavige on how to behave toward his daughter. I think Tom himself, is probably pissed that he has to be a visitor of his own child, and is not able to mold her into the clam he would like her to be. I bet it infuriates and frustrates him to the point where he's postulating that as Suri gets older, she'll rebel and come back to him at some point. He'll be waiting with open cans.

He'd let her do anything, as long as she agrees to become a clam. This scenario is predicated on a few factors though. Katie may be a great mother, and Suri could have picked up on that Daddy was too busy and important for her, and driven by things she had no interest in. If Suri and Katie grow up bonded with a lot of love for each other, then Suri won't run to be with Daddy.

If he wants to see her in ballet, he could order a video made and sent to him, since it seems it's mostly a Skype/phone relationship anyway.

I don't think Tom would talk about anything having to do with Suri with anyone where there was a risk of it getting out. If Suri told Katie something about Daddy regretting spending more time with her, I don't see why Katie would tell anyone that.

One call from his daughter is not going to break through years of brainwashing.

ScottPerry--sp--not-xscn

Patron with Honors
When Tom leaves the CoS

On the day that Tom leaves the CoS, he will automatically gain a huge new fan base. All of the former CoS'rs (which now far outnumber the current CoSr's) will automatically become instant fans. All of the WOG's who always knew that there was still something "not quite right" about poor old Tom will come onboard, and I have little doubt that everyone on this forum will consider him a true hero! No?

Glenda

Crusader
Re: When Tom leaves the CoS

On the day that Tom leaves the CoS, he will automatically gain a huge new fan base. All of the former CoS'rs (which now far outnumber the current CoSr's) will automatically become instant fans. All of the WOG's who always knew that there was still something "not quite right" about poor old Tom will come onboard, and I have little doubt that everyone on this forum will consider him a true hero! No?

No. Count me out as someone who would consider him a hero. Hell would have to get a bit chilly before I would have any respect for Cruise. Having said that, I do have a bit of gratitude for Cruise - his craziness helped me leave the cult. Any "instant fan, instant hero" crap just ain't gonna happen for me. True hero? No.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

No. Count me out as someone who would consider him a hero. Hell would have to get a bit chilly before I would have any respect for Cruise. Having said that, I do have a bit of gratitude for Cruise - his craziness helped me leave the cult. Any "instant fan, instant hero" crap just ain't gonna happen for me. True hero? No.

I do have a high level of forgiveness once a person leaves but for sure no hero status. He's a make believe hero. He would have to do some serious work to make amends lol. I mean how many people joined because of that guy?

ScottPerry--sp--not-xscn

Patron with Honors

Hey, when Cruise leaves, I do believe that the whole house of cards will finally start to collapse. How many people joined because of him? How many will leave when he leaves? In my book, I don’t care if it’s the Boston strangler who finally brings down that little house of cards. He’ll certainly have my vote of gratitude just for that! Was Tom a 'mean and vindictive' person like DM or just another sad tool in DM's hand?

Scott

Leland

Crusader
IMO, if he leaves....it will destroy his movie career. ( Which to me is no big deal....he's got enough money...i would assume...) ( and I don't care for his acting anyway....)

If he leaves....i thing he would be considered even more of a drama queen than he is now....and more of a wing nut....

IMO anyone that joined the Cult....because of Tom Cruise....would have to have been a very troubled person anyway. I don't believe the status the Cult bestowed upon TC for his "FSMing" to have been deserved....(or real...)

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
If Cruise shows up for the Colombia Ideal Org dedication on Sunday with his best friend, Little David Miscavige he's probably not leaving:yes:

Last edited:

Glenda

Crusader

Hey, when Cruise leaves, I do believe that the whole house of cards will finally start to collapse. How many people joined because of him? How many will leave when he leaves? In my book, I don’t care if it’s the Boston strangler who finally brings down that little house of cards. He’ll certainly have my vote of gratitude just for that!
Scott

Gratitude, yes, but not elevated "hero worship" type status. Imo, how Tom might leave the cult would be the crucial factor. I do not see Tom as a man of authentic courage. If he left, I bet ya he would do it very quietly, and just disappear off the radar. For him to ever speak out - or make some sort of public announcement - I just don't see that happening with this type of person. Tom is all about Tom. Narcissistic cult = good for narcissistic man.

Make me wrong Tom! Go on!