What's new

Tom Cruise Off Tom Cruise

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
While we can easily laugh about Tom Cruise and his video and especially about the parodies spawned from it, there are two things of a more serious note:

1) Tom Cruise has been educated into Scientology so that he really believes what he says is true. He is not acting this part, he is living it.

2) What he says is the Church propaganda line of PR of how it wants the world to see Scientology and it's effectiveness. Not the truth.

So what about the "information" Tom Cruise is giving the world about Scientology?

Please post here any information of outright CoS lies that TC is forwarding, without him even realizing he is doing so.

The first thing that sticks out in my mind is his statement that "we can get people off drugs."

That would be in reference to Narconon, with it's "over 90%" success rate. Lo and behold, that success rate ONLY counts those people who have graduated the Narconon program, the secret "End Phenomenon" of which is that the person now announces that he is a Scientologist! And since Scientologists are forbidden to use any drugs, what do you expect. Well, you would expect to know what percentage never completes the program to the end result of saying they are now a Scientologist, wouldn't you?

That statement is also referencing those quarter-of-a-million people that Scientology "has helped get off drugs." That figure (accuracy aside) mostly consists of the people who have done the Purification Rundown, which is, in most cases -- drug user or not -- the first requirement before any other Grade Chart actions are taken. So, per this logic, any and every Scientologist was a drug user before getting into Scientology. For the purposes of the Church of Scientology: Acceptable truth.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good post, LBV!

I love the line about accidents, where "We have the answers".

Just forget about ALL Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, and Any and all other
medical people, and just people in general? Only Scientology has the answer?
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: If it wasn't SICK, it'd be funny.

There are more---but I have to go to bed.

I'll check back in tomorrow.

Remember: You're either "in" Or you're Out: Period. LOL! (Thank GOD I'm OUT)

Sleep tight :)

Tory/Magoo~~

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
There's one really alarming thing that jumps at my face in Cruises video!

He rants about SP's and psychs! - He even laughs at the idea of obliterating them from the face of the earth and wistfully envisions the day wher they are all gone.

This has direct parralels to Hitlers perscution of the Jews.. Only Scientology has the more 'versatile' concept, that everyone can be a Supressive Person.

Quoting Arnie Lerma: "Scientology is built on the same propaganda principles as the Third Reich!"

The 'Common Enemy' propaganda technique! Or 'Scapegoat technique'.. To rally people into joining the fight...

This idea, that dangerous SP's are lurking everywhere disquised as ordinary folk you wouldn't suspect permeated the Guardian's Office around 1980 when I was there. Always on the alert to 'root out the SP's'.. It was what made me run away.. (Before I was rooted out!) I consider it the primary evil in Scientology.

:coffee:

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
There's one really alarming thing that jumps at my face in Cruises video!

This alarmed me too about the SPs.
and quoting LRH on being interviewed on the Royal Scotsman in 1967 on a Shrinking World of L. Ron Hubbard

"a suppressive person is a person who denies the rights of others",

So Tom Cruise can say what he likes about Sps and on Psychiatry "to end their reign". To go to guns,with no mercy.
Is that not denying the rights of others,freedom of choice.
I am not saying i approve of all forms of Psychiatry,a great many people are helped. I cannot say the same for Scientology,although i know there are those on this board who would disagree with me.

Quoting Arnie Lerma: "Scientology is built on the same propaganda principles as the Third Reich!"

"Why ask permission,we are the authorities on the mind" says Tom Cruise.

Who Says?

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Whose fucking rights am I denying?

Tom Cruise is an ignorant scientology Robot Idiot!!!!

Wake fucking UP!!!

(Or does this make you PTS?)

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think this whole business says more about the society we live in than it does about Tom Cruise.

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Whose fucking rights am I denying?

Tom Cruise is an ignorant scientology Robot Idiot!!!!

Wake fucking UP!!!

(Or does this make you PTS?)

Damn....I just got a runny nose Bea! Stop it now.

(It is a great thing that Tom has done for the world. After the dust on this one settles celebs may be running from CofS at mach speed. He sounds like a fucking fanatic! Dm's butt buddy! I love it. )