What's new

Tom Cruise on Cover of National Enguirer

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
choose_digital_hover.gif
Saw this cover today at the check-out line. Can somebody check this out and feed us some entheta?

Dean Blair

View attachment 7658
Saw this cover today at the check-out line. Can somebody check this out and feed us some entheta?

I am at my computer now and unable to get to the super market to access a copy. I wish they had it in Kindle format for download.

If this article about Tom is true maybe DM let some information out to show Tom who is the boss.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
BEHIND closed doors, a furious TOM CRUISE is at the center of two explosive scandals that could blow the lid off his private life, The ENQUIRER has learned.
While the Hollywood megastar has long insisted that he is not a homosexual, nightmare rumors -- said to be about Cruise and his sexuality -- have made it into print.
The incredible claims and outrageous allegations involving same sex love affairs appear in Amy Sohn’s new book “The Actress.”
The so-called “roman a clef” offers a thinly veiled version of Cruise’s life -- complete with sham marriages and “fake looking relationships with women,” say reports.
Sources close to the superstar say that Cruise is “fit to be tied” over the fictional book’s claims about his life.
Not only that -- but an explosive lawsuit as well that may expose details of his private life!
For the FULL STORY with ALL the details – it’s ONLY in the new ENQUIRER – on sale now!

cover_stry_62.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

There is a docu-novel (roman a clef) that seems to be the main source of this Enquirer "expose" called "THE ACTRESS".

Amy Sohn’s roman à clef about Tom Cruise’s love life and his marriage to Katie Holmes is being billed as “a big, juicy literary novel” by its publisher, Simon & Schuster. But it’s unclear what “literary” is supposed to mean. Slow? Artistic? Rife with allusions to Henry James? A blurb on the book’s back cover wishfully claims the book is “like Henry James crossbred with the very best of US Weekly.”

It’s true that a few James references have been Hollywoodized for Ms. Sohn’s dubious purposes. But only one of them works: when the ambitious title character of this startlingly bigoted book makes a nasty crack about James’s homosexuality. “Is that the way you think of gay men?” asks her husband, who is pejoratively linked to the word “gay” on virtually every page. “You won’t get very far in this industry.”

Ms. Sohn has written about unhappy marriages before (“Prospect Park West,” “Motherland”). So perhaps she took the Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes union to be the ur-example of a mismatch, and a good way to write about some place other than Brooklyn. In any case, “The Actress” clumsily tells the story of 20-something Maddy Freed, who turns up at Sundance (called Mile’s End Film Festival here) with an indie film she made with her boyfriend, Dan. Something about Maddy’s fresh new talent and tall, mannish frame (aha) catch the eye of Steven Weller, who sounds just like Mr. Cruise with a few Clooney and Travolta traits grafted onto him, and Bridget Ostrow, his longtime manager and hand holder. They’re looking for new talent, and not just the acting kind.

Photo
jpbook-master180.jpg

Amy Sohn CreditPiotr RedlinksiEverybody gossips about Steven’s fake-looking relationships with women. “The man is so gay,” somebody says on the book’s very first page, as the drumbeat begins. He’s also blamed for being too good looking, too shallow and not as talented as such indie types as Dan, whose cure for the blues is getting drunk and watching “Claire’s Knee.” Maddy is young enough to have had a crush on Steven forever (as Ms. Holmes did with Mr. Cruise), so turning Dan into toast is a cinch.

The book blames Steven for everything and Maddy for nothing — not even for being blinded by the perks and fame that come her way when she starts being squired by him to public events. She can’t tell whether she’s high on Steven or celebrity, and the book forgives her many instances of idiocy about her new status. Ms. Sohn does a decent job of transcribing Mr. Cruise’s style of seduction, so it’s not hard to see what snows Maddy. He doesn’t quite say, “You complete me,” but the book uses a version of that phrase.

Anyway, Maddy is happily agog when Steven whisks her off to his palazzo in Venice, where all the butlers are very hunky (aha). Then, one magical night, he picks her up and carries her à la Rhett Butler up the grand marble staircase “without a grunt.” There’s a lot of steamy sex between these two, which leaves no reason for Maddy not to be blissfully happy for a while. Still, she continues to think gay, gay, gay and have suspicions about Steven’s true nature.
Photo
book-master180.jpg

“The Actress” takes the narrow, benighted attitude that a man and woman who are this smitten and sexually compatible cannot possibly be happy if the man is bisexual. Even though Maddy has had her own bisexual experience, she delves into Steven’s past as if conducting the Spanish Inquisition. And she fumes more and more as she suspects he’s been lying to her. She snoops in his study, looking for evidence, but that’s about as big a secret as this book dares to uncover. However obviously he is modeled on Mr. Cruise, Steven has no religious affiliation with a famously litigious church that might go after the author or publisher.

“The Actress” isn’t enough fun to get by on covert references alone. Yes, there’s “a beautiful Spanish actress with a Jessica Rabbit figure and a thick accent,” just like Mr. Cruise’s ex-girlfriend Penélope Cruz. Yes, Steven and Maddy make a sexually explicit film for a renowned reclusive director who did his most awe-inspiring work decades ago and who, like Stanley Kubrick with “Eyes Wide Shut,” summons them to England. (Of course Mr. Cruise did this with his wife Nicole Kidman, but his life has been put into a blender for Ms. Sohn’s dramatic purposes, such as they are.) And some of Steven’s film titles have amusing connections to Mr. Cruise’s films: He hit it big with something called “Briefs,” while Mr. Cruise hit it big dancing in his briefs in “Risky Business.” But these are tiny semiclever blips in a book that mostly drags on at the slow pace of its heroine’s thinking.
If there’s anything universal about “The Actress,” it’s an overriding pessimism about the way all marriages eventually turn sour. Neither stardom, secrets nor sexual orientation has much to do with that. Once Steven has grown bored with the rituals of wooing a new conquest, he begins to turn into a fiercely jealous guy who can go ice cold when he’s angry, and a control freak who expects Maddy to sacrifice her career to his. His glamour also wears off, to the point where when she thinks he’s smiling into a mirror, he’s actually stretching his face so he can trim nose hair. To give him one extra touch of the Neanderthal, Ms. Sohn has him say, “Are we living in a world where women are no longer expected to show deference to their husbands?”
Maddy grows less sympathetic as the book goes on, too. She gets lonely, bored, shrewish and increasingly determined to advance her own career, even though her creative plans don’t sound all that promising. It comes as a great relief when the lovebirds reach a kind of understanding, thanks in part to Maddy’s visit to the only old friend of Steven’s who won’t take stupid questions like “Did I marry a fraud?” seriously.

“I can’t tell you who he is,” this man says. “Why would I presume to know? I’m not Gay Yoda.”

THE ACTRESS
By Amy Sohn
336 pages. Simon & Schuster. $26.

Wants2Talk

Sometimes bubble gum sweetens the soul! I know its cheap and frivolous - but it was there and I just had to look. :duh:

Last edited:

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
I can't stand Tom Cruise! I don't even watch his movies anymore because all I see is the delusional $cientologist turned insane by $cientology and DM.

But, I don't believe he is gay. That is just like the 'national enquirer' to create false stories to make money. And to say some people buy that shit :duh:

I believe John Travolta might be. But than, so what? I really like JT. He never turned like TC. He has compassion and a good heart and that you can't fake.

What I see in TC's face that is hunting him is that Katie Holmes double crossed him :biggrin:

She saw the truth and found a way out. And there is nothing TC can do it seems. Karma can be a bitch :coolwink:

Xenu's Boyfriend

Yawn. If you believe anything the Enquirer prints, send me $10,000. I'll send you a deed making you owner of Manhattan.

http://www.gossipcop.com/exclusive-tom-cruise-gay

OOOOOH, Miss Cruise is going to be so mad!!!! :rickroll: Time to sue again, y'all!

Actually, Smurf, ordinarily, I would agree with you. Only the shocker is, the National Enquirer was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize several years ago, yes, that Pulitzer Prize, for their pioneering investigative reporting on the John Edwards/Rielle Hunter love child story. Remember, when he was leaving that hotel and denied that the child he was holding was his daughter and he hid in the bathroom? They actually did good work on that one, believe it or not.

I've often heard people joke that the National Enquirer is just People magazine two weeks early. They love the "gay Cruise" stuff, but usually the headline will read, "Cruise Gay Life Exposed" and the "exposure" inside will be that he hates to be called gay, will sue your ass off if you can him gay, and that there is no actual gay life to speak of or that can be proven. Travolta on the other hand.....

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tom Cruise is not gay.

Calling Tom Cruise gay is an insult to all the gay people in the world.

And regardless of if he is please please I don't want anybody to even talk the gay talky talky stuff because I do not, I repeat, I do not want to have to force that image of Tom groping for golf balls out of my mind.

There is no way that a truly gay person could be the most dedecated Scientologist on Earth. A truly gay person can do better than that.

Rd00

Last edited:

Wants2Talk

I don't care about Cruises sex life. I care about the duplicity of COS as it deals with its 50's world view and its biggest whale.