What's new

Tom Cruise on Katie Holmes Divorce: 'I Didn't Expect It'

leina

Patron
He's one of the biggest movie stars in the world. He's also suddenly and unexpectedly single at age 50.

"Life is a tragicomedy," Tom Cruise tells the German TV network ProSieben (via Bunte magazine. "You need to have a sense of humor."

Promoting his new film Oblivion overseas, the actor opens up about his divorce last year from Katie Holmes after six years of marriage.

"I didn't expect it," he says. But after turning 50 just a day after the breakup , "I had an unbelievable amount of time to think about it," Cruise says, and found "life is a challenge."

"To be 50 and to have experiences and to think, you have a grip on everything, and then it hits you: This is it, what life can do to you," he says. source: People

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
He's one of the biggest movie stars in the world. He's also suddenly and unexpectedly single at age 50.

"Life is a tragicomedy," Tom Cruise tells the German TV network ProSieben (via Bunte magazine. "You need to have a sense of humor."

Promoting his new film Oblivion overseas, the actor opens up about his divorce last year from Katie Holmes after six years of marriage.

"I didn't expect it," he says. But after turning 50 just a day after the breakup , "I had an unbelievable amount of time to think about it," Cruise says, and found "life is a challenge."

"To be 50 and to have experiences and to think, you have a grip on everything, and then it hits you: This is it, what life can do to you," he says. source: People

Interesting how being blind-sighted by a divorce or even your own child's sudden death isn't enough to keep these fools from being blind. The public shaming of these dumb celebrities can't come soon enough.

Abletu

Patron with Honors
Life can be so predictable...

Sure LOL.

It takes a lot of little things, stupid things and bright ideas to create to big mess.

Two divorces and a number of break ups. scientology Hubbard style does strange things to the head.

Since I been reaching within for answers and working on how to communicate with people I can't stand "me" life and attitudes are getting better.

What I had to learn was those I couldn't stand throgh reading how to deal with people you can't stand, made it clear that what I was facing was my past behaviours of "me"

Best book I ever read, Tom read the book and find yourself. LOL

Last edited:

apple

Patron Meritorious
Somehow this saying relates to this thread:

Good judgment comes from experience and experience.......well that comes from poor judgment.

Sidney18511

Patron with Honors
This dude HAS got to know that something really hinky is going on in the COS, he can't be THAT blind.
imagegif

Has anyone noticed his face is looking a little funky lately in photos?

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors

Yes, it's called aging. The normal aging process starts to look strange on people that have had multiple plastic surgeries. Tom also has a strange barrel chest and torso that had too much lipo. When someone gains weight after having a lot of lipo, your body creates fat cells and stores them in strange places, like your chest. That's why Tom looks like he could grow a serious pair of man-boobs. Tom Cruise is starting to go the way of the Bubbie (Al Pacino looks like an old Jewish Grandmother right now too).

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
This dude HAS got to know that something really hinky is going on in the COS, he can't be THAT blind.
imagegif

Yeah, I noticed. He is getting fillers, maybe botox . . . Don't ya think . . .?

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Yeah, I noticed. He is getting fillers, maybe botox . . . Don't ya think . . .?

Looks like he has bags under his eyes. Not fillers / Botox so much. More like he went from way youthful to run down and dejected looking. He seriously aged 25 years between the time Katie ran off and now.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
Looks like he has bags under his eyes. Not fillers / Botox so much. More like he went from way youthful to run down and dejected looking. He seriously aged 25 years between the time Katie ran off and now.

Well, spending a lot of time hooked on the cans doing NOTS can't be helping him either. Scientology tends to age people at faster rates (compared to the wog population) at the higher levels. There are a lot of unhappy looking OTVIIs and OTVIIIs that I've seen since I've been interested in the subject.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Everyone ages. No one looks 25 forever. Being youthful looking isn't actually the point to life.

However ... Tom's looks took a relatively sudden turn in the last year or so. Maybe his looks would've changed this way anyway, even if Katie had not left him.

Nonetheless, he now looks like someone who has had a little air let out of him.

Good. He was full of it before.

TG1

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

WOW - Tom Cruise is OT8 and CAUSE - and yet he still can't see the truth - that he has been so duped by David Miscavige and his amazing cult called Scientology!!

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
WOW - Tom Cruise is OT8 and CAUSE - and yet he still can't see the truth - that he has been so duped by David Miscavige and his amazing cult called Scientology!!

Cruise doesn't have a reputation for being at all intelligent (opposite of most Scientologists) and I think he's excelled at his career because he had very smart people around him making decisions. I could see him being so duped and insulated from most of the bad PR, but not all of it. But he's dumb enough to keep the blinders on just enough so he doesn't ask questions. It will only be when it gets so bad for him personally (like it has to with most ex-Scientologists, no offense intended here but that's a running theme) that he will start to ask questions. We all know that it will never get 'bad' enough for him to be pushed into waking up. So he stays just where he is....

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Gawd - I definitely have mine own little issues to deal with but have so NOT any sympathy for mega-rich stars who have long since lost their way...I mean: he still can afford to buy his way back to sanity, right? I mean: if he chooses so. Just guessing though that the error is too great a thing -at this point - to ever recant. It'll just tear away at him slowly. Very sad indeed - but definitely what so many others have been through already, without all the glory and impenetrable fame...

It'll be National Inquirer fodder for years to come

Boo-hoo tommy boy - you're royal-ass OTness has made you not see or 'expect' much of anything. Did Davey make you say that stupid F statement?

(sorry-just in rant mood)

TL

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
When did he attest to 7 being complete? The last I heard he was still on 7. Mimsey

I don't know Mims - does not really matter cuz Cruise IS CAUSE - he is the only other being on the planet besides Slappy McSavage that can save mankind, doncha know? Oh....don't forget that Tom Cruise cares so very, very, very much as he sits in his Sea Org Slaved re-built Excursion with Sea Org Slaved - hand crafted interior made out of Sea Org slave bones and teeth! :omg: and he still does not see what is wrong with that :whistling:

If he is still on 7 - he is still getting bilked for lots of dough - that is a very convenient level to keep someone like Cruise and Travolta on. What that means is there is a huge hose connected to Tom Cruise's bank account with a direct line to a Swiss Bank account in the name of David Miscavige and all you hear is "sssssssslllllllllllllluuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrpppppp" for many, many years. That is one "flow" in Scientology that goes ONE WAY only!! In exchange - Tom Cruise has the privilege to call himself a Scientologist and get mocked by the "fans" that now don't think so much of him - they think he is kooky!

Now that is taking some responsibility and it is really theta for Tom to do that!:lol: He will never finish that level - not until it is dry as a bone!! How long has Travolta been on it?

I saw on the front cover of the Enquirer the other day - TRAVOLTA $230 million at stake in divorce with Kelly Preston! I have seen reports that Tom Cruise is worth $230 million - and Misscabbage has collected $230 million from lying to the members about Souper Power....interesting....

I just had a WOGNITION - Travolta is on OT7 = getting divorced! Tom Cruise is on OT7 - divorced. I have seen two other OT7's get divorced in the past year! Is this one of the EE PEE's of being at CAUSE???

OT7 = Divorce!! Sounds so theta!

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Tom and his team work out what he's going to say, so it will be as harmless and as Cruise-promoting as possible.

I think it's possible that Suri's education and Scientology upbringing were a major factor in the breakup. At any time it was discussed, Katie may have backed down to Tom's wishes, but each time she probably realized that he wasn't going to bend or even discuss it rationally, and that the only way out was a divorce. So, I think it is possible, he didn't expect it. However, saying that he didn't expect it makes it a lot easier because he can pretend that he has no idea what happened.

Katie probably also felt she was ready to start making her own career decisions and simply not be TomKat anymore.

What's It All About

Patron with Honors
To me the telling part of his remark is (my bolding): " To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control ...

That's his core delusion, as it was Hubbard's, who admitted his "insatiable lust for power..." But Tom's "surprise" over Katie's actions and his obvious resulting lack of control over her, his relationship with Suri, his public image, and most importantly, the public image of scientology prove the failure of the basic promises of scientology: to be "at cause" over everything and everyone.

So he's failed to fulfill scientology's promises; luckily for him, it's all his fault, so he can just keep pouring money in and trying harder. He just doesn't realize that as far as scientology's ability to help him progress towards mastery, he's on a treadmill, not a path.

I can't wait to find out how much of a sense of humor he has about being duped by Miscavige.