Tom Cruise Reacts to Lawrence Wright's Book/New York Post

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
This is the statement from Tom Cruise's lawyer, but I'm assuming it is how Cruise feels. For me it is official now - gloves off. Tom knows everything or should know. There is no excuse anymore, no saying that he has been protected, that he doesn't know about child labor, RPF's, DM's brutality and abuse - to just dismiss the book outright like this - shouldn't shock me, but I guess I still wanted to hold onto that little crumb of belief that Cruise is a good guy who just got caught up in something bad and didn't know any better.

After this, I feel that he is totally, 100% responsible for his role as church spokesperson, not just parishioner. And he is fully accountable for the slave labor that he has used for his own projects. For Tom to have this kind of sassy response, makes me think he'll never leave. He'll just shut out what he doesn't want to hear. Tom Cruise has enabled DM violence because he is the one person, unless LRH comes back from the grave, who is powerful enough to make it uncomfortable for DM and he refuses to do it. I'm finished with TC. This is a new low.

Bert Fields, longtime lawyer for Tom Cruise and the Church of Scientology, doesn’t think much of the new book “Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief” by Pulitzer Prize-winning Lawrence Wright. The Knopf book, excerpted in the Hollywood Reporter, states that church leader David Miscavigeviewed Nicole Kidman as “a gold digger who was faking Scientology,” whom the church branded a “suppressive person.” It also claims Kidman happily conducted the search for her successor, who turned out to be Katie Holmes. But Fields told Page Six yesterday: “The chapter about Tom is based on provable lies by a bunch of bitter ex-Scientologists. The book itself is boring.”
Cruise_hits--300x300.jpg
Getty Images
Nicole Kidman

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/cru...tm_source=OutbrainArticlepages&obref=obinsite

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is the statement from Tom Cruise's lawyer, but I'm assuming it is how Cruise feels. For me it is official now - gloves off. Tom knows everything or should know. There is no excuse anymore, no saying that he has been protected, that he doesn't know about child labor, RPF's, DM's brutality and abuse - to just dismiss the book outright like this - shouldn't shock me, but I guess I still wanted to hold onto that little crumb of belief that Cruise is a good guy who just got caught up in something bad and didn't know any better.

After this, I feel that he is totally, 100% responsible for his role as church spokesperson, not just parishioner. And he is fully accountable for the slave labor that he has used for his own projects. For Tom to have this kind of sassy response, makes me think he'll never leave. He'll just shut out what he doesn't want to hear. Tom Cruise has enabled DM violence because he is the one person, unless LRH comes back from the grave, who is powerful enough to make it uncomfortable for DM and he refuses to do it. I'm finished with TC. This is a new low.

Bert Fields, longtime lawyer for Tom Cruise and the Church of Scientology, doesn’t think much of the new book “Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief” by Pulitzer Prize-winning Lawrence Wright. The Knopf book, excerpted in the Hollywood Reporter, states that church leader David Miscavigeviewed Nicole Kidman as “a gold digger who was faking Scientology,” whom the church branded a “suppressive person.” It also claims Kidman happily conducted the search for her successor, who turned out to be Katie Holmes. But Fields told Page Six yesterday: “The chapter about Tom is based on provable lies by a bunch of bitter ex-Scientologists. The book itself is boring.”
Cruise_hits--300x300.jpg
Getty Images
Nicole Kidman

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/cru...tm_source=OutbrainArticlepages&obref=obinsite

It's real, real, easy to be in denial about something. I went thru a major medical episode recently, and spent about 3 weeks in the hospital earlier this month on 3 separate admissions. It sucked. I hate hospitals. First the operation, next the post op pain, and finally re admission for possible internal bleeding. BUT ... all thru December I had all the classic symptoms and pains. I could have saved myself a great deal of grief, pain, danger, etc. But I would have had to have paid attention, instead of being in denial and blowing off all the warning signs that I had. Why did I do that? I hate doctors, I hate exams, I hate having to deal with anything medical, etc. It's too easy to tell yourself that a persistent pain is just an occaisional twinge and means nothing.

I suspect that TC isn't deep down evil, just in extreme denial. He would have to have his face really rubbed in the shit before he would wake up and understand wtf is really going on and how he has been being used.

Pete

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow

Knowing the kinds of calls that went out from the orgs to ordinary folks I can only imagine what TC was told to say. Or, what he was told his lawyer should say on his behalf. There's nothing in the statement that suggests TC or his lawyer read the book .... or did anything more than parrot what they were fed. It's what my spouse did.

Blanky

Last edited:

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
TC's smirk and absolutely unbearable EGO, plus that air of superiority he sports, tell me he's right where he belongs.

He can go down with the ship he's helped perpetuate. His career is already down the tubes. He'll keep on

hiring wives.

:biggrin:

JohnMccMaster

Patron with Honors
Standard tone scale drill response brand new members drill on their first course, The Success Through Communication Course. Nothing to get excited about at all. Tom is merely keeping up appearances.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
I suspect that TC isn't deep down evil, just in extreme denial. He would have to have his face really rubbed in the shit before he would wake up and understand wtf is really going on and how he has been being used.

Pete

Denial is so destructive that it deserves no empathy.

rhansrider

Patron with Honors
"But Fields told Page Six yesterday: “The chapter about Tom is based on provable lies by a bunch of bitter ex-Scientologists. The book itself is boring"

What an idiotic comment! There are many books that are boring but are none the less true. For either Tom or the cult to think that comment is enough to dismiss f rom the public mind a well-documented, well-researched book is just another example of what mindless fools they have become. And they think a remark like that maintains credibility in the outside world!!

Tom is not loaded with brains, but you would think it must be getting embarrassing for Bert Field who is a heavy-weight lawyer to have to state such things in public.

And if the chapter about Tom was full of "provable lies", give us a few examples.

I imagine the beatings at Gold Base are getting intense.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
I suspect that TC isn't deep down evil, just in extreme denial.

If it's one OT super power Tom has developed through "the tech," it is probably the ability to ignore this book. But will his ego allow it? We know that just because of the release of his Tom Cruise Crazy Clam video, he wanted to organize and speak out. What was he going to say? "Stop laughing at how crazy I sound? Clams are the only ones who can really help at car accidents!" The whole anti-religious card the cult played rather successfully about Germany, simply isn't going to work anymore. Actors and other people in Hollywood are going to read this book.

Fields saying it is boring is just stupid though, because the book is going to hit #1 on the best seller list and be the talk of the world. The same politicians who used to court Tom Cruise for popularity and publicity, will now read this book and think twice.

The "boring" is a lame strategy but probably the best they can do at this point. Tom Cruise, his team, and all clams, would like to postulate that it will be boring to his fans. If he reacts in ANY way, he knows it would just sell more books. So, he's going to pretend it isn't there.

Oprah is going to read this book, and she may not have read Reitman's. Who knows, she may even react. Thousands of people who didn't react to the Reitman's book are going to react to this one. This book is bigger than Tom Cruise and bigger than his space cult.

Once it picks up steam, the cult is not going to know what hit it. They may attempt to send Tom Cruise on some kind of anti-hate tour, but without him having read the book, it will make scilebrities look even more callous, robotic, self-absorbed and clueless than they already are.

Wright posed a real challenge in his book, for Scilebrities to look at the abuses in their own cult as well as the documented history of the founder. Journalists who interview Scilebrities are going to ask these questions until they get answers.

You know how Wright said Tommy Davis said he subscribed to the New Yorker and was so disappointed they were going to do an article on Scientology? Why should he have been disappointed, except if Sciloontology were a bunch of secretive control freaks and Hubbard's ideas appear ridiculous outside the cult? Tommy's worst nightmare has come true as everyone in the world who reads the book is going to see what a liar he is -- like the stuff about disconnection. And Tom Cruise too. But Hubbard -- oh holy Xenu!

Because Scientology is stranger than fiction, this is going to cross over into the fiction market too. People who might not have wanted to read about something as upsetting and complex as Wright's book about 9/11, are going to want to read this book.

Hubbard, Jack Parsons, and girlfriend "Babalon" may have aborted her anti-Christ but oh baby, did Wright give birth to a healthy, bouncing anti-Hubbard. Just a little karma going on there?

Last edited:
:
:
Mr Cruise cannot possibly be allowed to handle this in any sort of talk mode. It is too volcanic
and to do so would be suicide ....which now only means a faster suicide than has been happening already.

But! We have the policy and advices of Dr L.Ron Hubbard, used by the elusive Karin Pouw.
Tom's hat requires him to be high toned. So he is 'bored'. That will bring Mr Wright and the whole planetary media and their publics up to enthusiasm. Tom has carried out his instructions using the 'via' of his lawyer.
So that's a 'done'. Stat reported. :goodluck:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Same identical handling as when "The Truth Rundown" was released by the Tampa Bay Times. Cruise delegated the job to his attorney, Fields, to respond to the nearly two dozen eyewitness allegations that his best friend COB was imprisoning, terrorizing and beating fellow OTs. It was a turning point for Cruise to go on record and state that he "...didn't believe it."

At that moment he became an accessory and co-conspirator.

Now we have a repeat performance as Cruise's toxicity expands outward across world media channels again for about at least a half-dozen times. He is single-handedly, like COB, destroying the goodwill and support of his fan base and just about anyone else who might be an ally. How many times is Cruise capable of attacking himself? Well, of the top of my head, there was:

* Matt Lauer meltdown on national TV
* Couch jumping meltdown Part I: On Oprah, Tom is total cause over the 2D.
* Couch jumping meltdown, Part II: Katie blows him and his cult off like a low-toned alien bt.
* The Truth Rundown meltdown; Tom denies it happened.
* The infamous KSW video that inspired the worldwide presence of Anonymous as yet a new enemy.
* Couch jumping meltdown, Part III: Vanity Fair blows the whistle on pimping scam to get Tom an "Ideal Wife".
* Going Clear Book meltdown: Tom has his juniors deny it to avoid DevT while he is saving mankind.

Let's see what Cruises attorney actually says again. . .

“The chapter about Tom is based on provable
lies by a bunch of bitter ex-Scientologists.
The book itself is boring.”

This is another doomed footbullet strategy by the dumb cult. How many tens of millions of media impressions have they created in promoting "BITTER EX SCIENTOLOGISTS"?

Think about it. . .

If the advanced technology of Scientology actually worked, why are there so many bitter ex-Scientologists?

Imagine if any other company did PR Damage Control by saying: The reason so many bad things are being said about Apple is because there are lies by all those bitter ex-Apple customers. Why are they bitter? Why are they ex-customers?

How exactly did Scientologists become bitter ex-Scientologists? Let's ask Tom and see what new moronic strategy he will use to "handle" us. LOL

TEoS

Patron with Honors
Did I miss something here? I don't see any evidence that Cruise has read Wright's book. Sure, it appears his slimy lawyer has (or is he just regurgitating a line that the cult has given him?), but it doesn't follow that Cruise has. I know if I were Slappy McPunch, I'd be moving mountains to instil in Cruise a fear of reading it. Probably something along the lines of "Doing so will completely ruin your case, Tom. Ignore it and we'll handle it all for you. Here, have a cookie and STFU.".

Jump

Operating teatime

There is an old adage that if you put a live frog in a cooking pot, and slowly bring up the temperature, the frog, although it could jump out, will not notice the heat and die in the soon-boiling water.

This situation may be allegorical, but will Tom notice, and jump out of the pot ??

I can't look - but I can't look away!

:drama:

Div6

Crusader
LOL - wut? The book makes NO claim that Kidman participated in the "search for her successor". So anything else that is said by this tool is also suspect as being completely divorced from fact.

Which is what lawyers do, when they facts are against them. Assert anything, and bill the client.

BTW, I just finished reading the book, and apart from some minor nitpicks re: certain "facts" I found it artfully written, fairly even handed, and appreciated some of the "gaps" it filled in in some of the narratives. The book has a rhythm, and the cadential footnotes of the repeated church denials gave a new meaning to the term "deceptive cadence".

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
The fact that Tom Cruise cannot even speak for himself speaks VOLUMES of just how Oat Tee he really is...has his "attorney" respond? WOW - really Tom - and I want to spend $1 million dollars on becoming an Oat Tea Ate like you??? This is hysterical. He is a nut - may have gone too far and will never see the truth! Who cares about Tom Cruise really? He will be replaced soon in Hollywierd with the new hunky 25 year old! Tom is a "has been" and soon will be a NOBODY - cuz that what Oat Tea's really are unless they join the Sea Org...and I don't see him donning the blue uni soon..do you?

The_Fixer

Class Clown
LOL - wut? The book makes NO claim that Kidman participated in the "search for her successor". So anything else that is said by this tool is also suspect as being completely divorced from fact.

Which is what lawyers do, when they facts are against them. Assert anything, and bill the client.

BTW, I just finished reading the book, and apart from some minor nitpicks re: certain "facts" I found it artfully written, fairly even handed, and appreciated some of the "gaps" it filled in in some of the narratives. The book has a rhythm, and the cadential footnotes of the repeated church denials gave a new meaning to the term " deceptive cadence".

Jesus guys, I'm glad I'm not a clam anymore.

All these words you lot use would have kept me frantically scrambling for the dictionary....

Nowadays I'm just happy to be blissfully ignorant. Yes, I can be lazy. DILLIGAF?

AND Tom Cruise is even more retarded. Now I'm happy::yes:

Time to ruthlessly slam my ethics in on myself and grab another beer....ah fuck the ethics, the beer'll do.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Let me put this in the nicest possible way.

Tom Cruise is a disgusting and vile piece of shit.

The way he treated Nazanin Boniadi alone was beyond despicable.

Concern for how the poor boy "has been being used?" Really? The pathetic bitch (a word I'd use against only males; I'm not sexist) has his "Church" customize his ride, gift him a motorcycle, plant fucking flowers for him, provide him with luxury accommodations, and pimp for him, and I'm supposed to worry about how the bitch was "being used?" Really? Poor boy knows he is a "Big Being!," and I'm supposed to be concerned that the bitch was used? Fuck him. What is he, 12 years old? Developmentally disabled? Suffering from delusions of grandeur?

Ok, maybe the latter.

But seriously, are none of these assholes responsible for their behavior?

Here's the R factor. He's not some Sea Orger on the RPF. He is not some Sea Order working 100 hours a week. He's an asshole who REALLY "knows" that coming upon the scene of an accident, he is the ONLY one who can do anything about it -- as opposed, say, to a medical doctor, EMT, fireman or even someone, like me, who has taken Red Cross first aid training. What, the bitch thinks he is going to give a touch assist to the victim who is in shock and bleeding out?

People are really willing to say, FUCK DAVID MISCAVIGE! Unfortunately, they shy away from saying, FUCK TOM CRUISE!

Yeah, Tom Cruise is such poor victim. Fuck him.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron

There is an old adage that if you put a live frog in a cooking pot, and slowly bring up the temperature, the frog, although it could jump out, will not notice the heat and die in the soon-boiling water.

This situation may be allegorical, but will Tom notice, and jump out of the pot ??

I can't look - but I can't look away!

:drama:

which is why I named my story Chicken Joe in the Cauldron after "Chicken Joe" experienced this in a film, but, this ain't about me:coolwink:

In Hollywood, you kind of get demi-God status, and as a Celeb Scino, you pretty much get that to the nth degree. I hate TC... I really do, just because I have this stupid idea that he knows it's all messed up, but I could be totally wrong. The thing is, he's an icon... he's somebody that is featured in promo for the cult and there might be a part of him that thinks the cult is responsible for his success. Part of that might be true... TC was much more of a talented actor than when he got fucked up by the cult, but there was a time when the cult had infiltrated Hollywood to such an extent, that being a Scio helped get you in the door. I'd actually like an update on this since I totally walked away and have no idea, but there was a point where being declared would be close to getting blackballed because of the connections that existed.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
The fact that Tom Cruise cannot even speak for himself speaks VOLUMES of just how Oat Tee he really is...has his "attorney" respond? WOW - really Tom - and I want to spend $1 million dollars on becoming an Oat Tea Ate like you??? This is hysterical. He is a nut - may have gone too far and will never see the truth! Who cares about Tom Cruise really? He will be replaced soon in Hollywierd with the new hunky 25 year old! Tom is a "has been" and soon will be a NOBODY - cuz that what Oat Tea's really are unless they join the Sea Org...and I don't see him donning the blue uni soon..do you?

My guess is (cynical) he may end up in the SO as a disenfranchised celeb fallen out of favour with DM, cuz he's no longer famous.

Then all his WISE based businesses and services (does he use them?) that handled his affairs that gobbled his money up for dubious returns down to his last 50 cents means his OT fixes and therapies will have to be funded by giving himself and his services to the SO and help clear the planet!

Should we run a book on this? 2:1, maybe 1:1?

Cynical barstard ain't I?

freethinker

Sponsor
I completely agree here with what you say.

However, Mark A Baker would disagree, but I don't agree with him.:think:

Cruise_hits--300x300.jpg
Getty Images
Nicole Kidman