What's new

Tom Cruise reportedly "freaking out" over Leah's book

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

JOURNALIST
So, Mr. Cruise, it seems that all 3 of your ex-wives
were blown Scientologists and therefore suppressive. You even
indoctrinated your kids that Nicole--your 2nd wife--was an "SP", right?

TOM CRUISE
I never had a 2nd SP.

This is still cracking me up! Thanks HH!

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
It would be fun to see that...
"I had a big day of filming, you know, doing all my own stunts, as I do, and my good friend Leah was over for dinner, and a new staffer brought out a chipped cup. I just lost it because at my house we make an effort for our guests, you know? Looking back on it, it was so trivial."

Interviewer: Of course Mr Cruise we can all have a bad day. And all that other stuff, the slave wages, re-education camps, yelling and violence, imprisoned wives, child labour, was just lies from a bitter defrocked apostate trying to sell a book?

"Yes, how did you know that?"

What you wrote Tom as saying would be something a normal, rational, non-Scientology person could say. But it would still leave the other questions.

If Tom Cruise did do an interview, I don't think he would be able to mention any of the incidents, such as the chipped cup. Such an admission would lead viewers to believe everything Leah wrote about him was true. He wouldn't acknowledge having Leah over to his house, because then people would know that he went into his make-out routine in front of her, where she told them to "get a room," and then got a KR filed on her for saying that to his holiness and the new Queen of Scientology, now an SP.

But then what you had the interviewer saying was equally fanciful, as much as we'd like to hear it. But interviewers are getting a lot more armed, as far as what to ask about. That's why if open questions are allowed at all, there isn't a chance Tom would give an interview. He's not going to talk about Leah, Shelly, Nazanin, Katie, Nicole, Suri or his adopted props.

I don't think he'll give any interview because no matter what he says, it would be too conspicuous to have him not answering any of obvious questions raised by GOING CLEAR and Leah's book.

If Tom read Leah's book, one thing that would really piss him off, is that the idea she thought he was not behaving like a good Scientologist. He would love to call her an SP, and repeat his hand motions indicating where he and the dwarf are, and where she and everybody else is on the big being Scientology scale. He "knows." I wish he'd do that on national TV. His movie career would be over. He could then take over for the dwarf as top loon.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
LRH was highly missioned to recruit and groom celebs as emissaries and role models for Scientology. His term was "Opinion Leaders". They got special treatment and status within the church. Any religion can have celebrities but not every religion makes the creation of an elite class such a high priority. There is a good reason for this. Firstly, it is counter to an emphasis upon spirituality and most people's expectations that the members are treated with equal respect, but secondly exactly because fame and public reputation are so unreliable.

What sensible religion wants to invest so much of their public image in individuals whose fame can turn to infamy overnight?

This is another classic LRH Fail - Scientology as Classism.

TC has been able to support Scientology publicly only to the extent that people don't know what it really is but now words like Suppressive Person, Disconnection, Sec-Checks, Sea Org, RPF, The Hole and Narconon are becoming part of the public vernacular. The irony is that TC and other celebs are lightning rods drawing the bright light of the public onto the Church and anyone who criticizes it.

If they were smart they would lay low and let this blow over but as Leah points out, TC sincerely believes that he is doing good. However, fanatics often are firm in their convictions that they are doing good. That doesn't mean they are and average people instantly get this. The longer TC waits to openly disavow the abuses of the church as they become more commonly known, the smaller his window becomes to get out of this unscathed.

Every response the church or any of its celebrities makes to Leah will just add fuel to the news cycle. We all know how difficult it is for the church to keep stats up over the holidays. People are spending their money and time on other things, staff want to take that exceedingly rare vacation and its virtually impossible to find someone else to cover their post. This Christmas they may not come back with "Troublemaker" waiting under the family tree.

All that remains to push Leah completely over the top for Christmas is to have Tom try to explain all of this away on TV.

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
What sensible religion wants to invest so much of their public image in individuals whose fame can turn to infamy overnight?

In 2005 I remember telling a friend that the cult's obsession with Tom Cruise was eventually going to backfire.

Back in the 80's sometime I did a PR and Marketing course and I have a vague recollection seeing a PL that said you DON'T want to put emphasis on any celebrity, and I think he gave an example of Paul Robeson, who was blacklisted in the McCarthy era. Since then, I've never seen this policy mentioned by anyone. Wonder if it got "disappeared"?

Anyway, Scientology doesn't look so "cool" when its poster boy is a laughing stock.

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
hey tom.

keep up the good work.

glad you blew over to sinkville and help circle the wagons.

you are fabulous. you prove that scn sucks. well done shithead.

lol, your acting out in rl what you did in that dumb nazi movie where you played the guy who couldn't get it done.

flunk