What's new

Tom Cruise Selling Countryside Estate

Anonycat

Crusader
Tom Cruise Selling U.K. Countryside Estate

SELLER: Tom Cruise
LOCATON: Dormans Park, East Grinstead, West Sussex, UK
PRICE: £4,950,000
SIZE: 11,331 square feet, 5-6 bedrooms, 5 full and 2 half bathrooms plus staff accommodations

A stately drive passes though electronically operated gates monitored — natch — by a camera-equipped security system and snakes its way across the verdant, 14.2-acre spread’s manicured grounds before it arrives at a substantial motor court at the front of the red brick main residence. Built brand new in 2003 on the site of a pre-existing Victorian residence, the four-floor mansion measures in at a considerable 11,331-square feet with five to six bedrooms and five full and three half bathrooms. A short entry vestibule leads to a wide foyer that shares a bowed wall with a vast, 900-plus-square-foot step-down living room that features a bow-fronted fireplace and a curved bay window with French doors to the rear terrace. To one side of the central living room there’s a library/study and a secondary living room and on the other side there’s a compact family room that might be best suited for use as a formal dining room as well as a roomy if somewhat ordinary looking kitchen that opens over a long peninsula to an informal dining space with wide bay window and French doors that open to the rear terrace.

Three en suite guest/family bedrooms on the second floor each have French door access to a wrought iron railed balcony and are joined by an extensive master suite complete with a nearly 33-foot long bedroom, a separate sitting room with private balcony, two fitted walk-in closets, and a spacious bathroom where a two-person soaking tub sits rather grandly on a black marble pedestal in the center of the room. Tucked up under the eaves on the uppermost floor are two more bedrooms — or a bedroom and an adjoining sitting room — on either side of a large bathroom and, in addition to a subterranean parking garage, the finished basement includes a large laundry room, dance studio/gym with sprung floor, screening room with tiered seating on red leather sofas, and a partially paneled game room with fireplace, wet bar, and some terrifically ill-advised royal blue wall-to-wall carpeting.

Almost three years ago Mister Cruise dumped his 2,200-square-foot pied-a-terre in Manhattan’s East Village — it went for $3 million — and his heavily fortified Beverly Hills estate, bought in 2007 for $30.5 million from Platinum Triangle mega-broker Kurt Rappaport, is much rumored to be quietly available as a whisper listing with an asking price of $50 million. His sprawling, nearly 300-acre Rocky Mountain compound in Telluride, CO, popped up on the open market in October of 2014 and remains listed with a sky-high price of $59 million and in October of this year (2015) he sold a freshly refreshed two-residence compound above L.A.’s Laurel Canyon for $11.4 million to “Desperate Housewives” and “Telenovela” star Eva Longoria.

http://variety.com/2015/dirt/real-estalker/tom-cruise-lists-estate-near-london-1201668039/

How many other places does he have? I know he just popped for one in Tampa. Maybe he'll hold on to that till he finishes 7.

But why would he liquidate?

A) Armageddon is coming?
B) He wants to buy a fortress on a island - complete with air port and machine-gun nests?
C) He needs to have a place the makes all the rest seem like chicken feed?
D) DM needs a hideout?
E) DM told him the world is coming to the end, so transfer all your holdings to gold and silver - CST will dig him a vault.
F) DM told him Big Beings don't need material possessions - he should invest in his eternity and give the cash from the sales to the IAS
G) Winter is coming - the white walkers might get him?
H) He and Dave are going to have a man cave together to weather the coming foot bullet storm
I) He needs to be eating super organic - so DM will transfer all to INT staff to work on his private farm on the island to work for peanuts - literally - peanuts. They can also go out in the water and keep the sharks at bay with sticks when the Big Beings want to go scuba diving

Mimsey

TraceyIsland.jpg

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
How many other places does he have? I know he just popped for one in Tampa. Maybe he'll hold on to that till he finishes 7.

Maybe he can't deal with the memories the places hold — like happier times with former family members.

As a big being, and Clear, and OT VII or whatever status level he's at, he can't just go into session and run out the losses. Especially when the Dwarf holds midnight drinking parties where he reads out the session worksheets. Plus he can't very well go it alone and get the charge off with PaulsRobot like anyone outside the cult could.

So sad.

Paul

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
Could it be he is seeing the writings on the wall?

Those homes must cost a hell of a lot of money to maintain. Has his box office drawing powers kept up with his spending?

The homes have a distinct feel like the empty idle-orgs, so big and empty.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Could it be he is seeing the writings on the wall?

Those homes must cost a hell of a lot of money to maintain. Has his box office drawing powers kept up with his spending?

The homes have a distinct feel like the empty idle-orgs, so big and empty.

Empty orgs and with disconnection, empty houses.

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
they should include in the advertisement, includes five thousand camera security system installed and monitored by david miscavige

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Mimsey

TraceyIsland.jpg

Mimsey - Tom Cruise is liquidating his assets cuz of that public announcement he made on the infamous You Tube video. You see - he pulled in the divorce / Katie Holmes flap and all of the other entheta Tu Dee stories - failed marriages and ALL of it went public.

Tom Cruise has, single handedly, actually done more harm to Scientology than all of us SP's put together.

Since he became the 2nd biggest being on the planet - just look at what he pulled in.

Hurricane Leah, Naronon lawsuits, Garcia refund lawsuit, Marty Rathbun flap and all other entheta happening to Scientology right now.

That is the problem with being "connected" to the BIGGEST Being on the planet in the tiniest man body a thetan can mock up - David Miscavige. :yes:

You get BLAMED for everything!!

Miscavige has reduced Tom Cruise to BEING NOTHING. That is the goal of Scientology....BEING NOTHING, a nobody. No one is exempt.

Who cares about movies when you have a planet to CLEAR.

Three failed marriages and no Tu Dee in site. Tom is TOAST!! He is sinking with the Scientological Ship. I believe the poor guy is losing his marbles. I bet he joins the SEA ORG in 2016 and Miscavige will have him in the RPF scrubbing shit stains off of the wee tiny man's boys size 4 underpants (they have super man on them) by 2018. Remember - psychopaths secretly HATE EVERYONE...and Miscavige can't stand it that Tom Cruise is FREE so he plans to ENSLAVE him. Mark my words!!

Tom is too far gone. He is insane and is liquidating everything because he will be giving all of his money to Scientology and joining the Sea Org. Remember - with GAT II, Idle Morges and Stupid Powerz - they gots a planet to clear....:eyeroll:

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
maybe he's preparing for a custody war, he probably thinks suri is l ron hubbard and he has to get her back so she can run the church

if i were him i'd be selling my houses because they're full of miscaviges cameras

who are his new handlers now that tommy dbag is gone, are the new handlers bugging the new property he bought or is he wising up?

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
The foyer of the place -- pictured here in the Telegraph -- looks like a prison. I wonder what the total time he spent there was -- probably three weeks.

It's got to be pretty weird for him, if he ever stays in a place like that now, just him and the 10 servants.

I think it was Doris Duke's bio, if I remember correctly, just maintaining her estates got to be a full-time headache for her. Even when you have a staff member to handle the staff, you still have to deal with issues. Ah, yes, the problems of being super wealthy.

I never owned a summer cottage or a second residence, except for several months, two times, when I needed to move and had not sold my previous house. Just maintaining the unsold house was annoying and a mental burden for the months it went unsold, and I'm talking about bottom-of-the-market properties, not estates. At least they're easy to sell. Even when you have unlimited funds, like Tom Cruise, then it becomes a logistical issue, that your property manager has to make sure the right staff is on hand for your visit, and that things are done to perfection -- cookie dough in its proper place.

When Cruise isn't there, I'm sure his homes are kept to perfection. There's not going to be any letting his lawn go brown during a California drought. To stay theta, his lawn is going to drink more than the population of a small town. It's not like he's going to move in with his buddy Dave, just to save energy or resources. Basking in each other's big beingness and puffing on each other's cigars is probably something they can both take only in small doses.