What's new

Tom Cruise Stunt Injury

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Watching the video, it looked like he took off too early with a few feet left on the boards. I don't know how well padded they had the side of the building but it looked like a very dangerous stunt. The harness stopped him from plummeting to his death. It seems like the purpose of the cable in back would have been to yank him back if it looked like he wasn't going to make the distance.

It looks like about a 10 or 12 foot jump. The world record for long jump is 29.2 ft. But even in sports events, athletes can screw up completely. I wonder if they'll have to have a double for the see-Tom-run scenes that follow.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeh. :hmm: I'm not so sure that's Tom Cruise, either. The one big picture I posted looks like a partial mask on the face and doesn't resemble him that well. The nose is entirely different, too. If you do freeze frames on :08 to :11, there's something odd going on there, like a mask being pulled off. When you play the clip at regular speed, none of that can be seen. Some stealthy, fast hand motions there by the man with orange safety vest and looks like he's holding something rolled up in the hand he keeps hidden. After that, no close-ups of the actor's face.

Yeah, what's up with that? Looks like a bad shoop job. But I don't see where that picture is in the vid. Maybe they used a stand in with a mask for the test runs and just botched the real take.

JustSheila

Crusader
Yeah, what's up with that? Looks like a bad shoop job. But I don't see where that picture is in the vid. Maybe they used a stand in with a mask for the test runs and just botched the real take.

Yeh, or vice-versa. Cruise was filming in London at the time so the best shots and vids are from UK media sites. Sorry if I didn't put a source tag on that shot; I think it was taken from the film clip and blown up. There seemed to be at least two camera angles for the film of his accident. One version also had those few seconds blurred but another didn't.

tr8theta

I Love Kitties
Yeh, or vice-versa. Cruise was filming in London at the time so the best shots and vids are from UK media sites. Sorry if I didn't put a source tag on that shot; I think it was taken from the film clip and blown up. There seemed to be at least two camera angles for the film of his accident. One version also had those few seconds blurred but another didn't.

best he change his name to Tom Bruise now

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

The vid link in the article at Fox was dead when I looked for it there. Maybe it was pulled because they hadn't edited something yet? Big mystery.

In either case, I suspect somebody's stunt insurance rates just jumped.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
It was a VERY hard impact. I hope he heals and that Brooke Shields does not call him to tell him not to take any medication.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
It was a VERY hard impact. I hope he heals and that Brooke Shields does not call him to tell him not to take any medication.

Suri's old enough to pick up the phone and tell him that he pulled it in though.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Like a puppet on a string ...

He didn't look all that "at cause" to me as he flapped about on the end of those bits of string he was attached to.

Will I go to hell if I admit to laughing as he limped off trying to look like he hadn't hurt himself?

Thought so.

Don't care.

:giggle:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
When someone has an accident the only person who can really help them is a scientologist according to Tom.

So I hope he didn't go crying to some wog medical personnel.:naughty:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
It occurs to me that this could be the beginning of TC's unraveling. He's at the age where the odds are turning against him. It will be harder for him to do the action movies where he does his own stunts, it will be harder to get the leading man roles. He will see that he is not immortal or superhuman. Age is catching up. And it sure as hell is not going to improve when he's 60.

Of course, right about now he'll be scrambling to find and label the SP.

What if it's Miscavige?

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
Is he required to do a Contact Assist? What is the "correct" tech in this era of GAT II?

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
He should have been e-metered before the jump, because his needle probably wasn't floating either. This probably means he's not going to be playing Peter Pan on Broadway anytime soon. No mini-motorcycle riding with the COB.

I'm sure he's going to milk this for publicity, but no one is paying attention because he got upstaged by you-know-who breaking his presidency.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Re: Like a puppet on a string ...

He didn't look all that "at cause" to me as he flapped about on the end of those bits of string he was attached to.

Will I go to hell if I admit to laughing as he limped off trying to look like he hadn't hurt himself?

Thought so.

Don't care.

:giggle:

MSN has a video on their site showing an earlier similar incident where he failed to make the same jump:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ce...onths-to-recover-from-stunt-injury/ar-AAq5Czk

No worries though, I'm sure Miscavige has C/S'ed a special PTS handling for Cruise and maybe even created a Correction List for his Superpower Rundown.

During his months of downtime maybe Cruise will have a chance to catch Season Two of Leah's show. :yes:

Last edited: