I'm happy to weigh in whenever something strikes me and hope it's helpful, but you know I have a very narrow concentration of experience, mainly in criminal law and non-profit management from running an international NGO so sometimes it's more like, hmm, not sure about that but something makes a little bell go off in my head, probably from the far reaches of studying for the bar exam...otherwise, I am friggin useless on a lot of legal issues. But thanks.
Yeah, you know it's funny, yesterday I was in a mindnumbingly long meeting at the US Atty's office over a very typical case, Colombian drug smuggling...and I was thinking, you know, you guys should really look at some of this Scientology stuff! Why are we all spending time on these low level guys who are poor in a foreign country and just trying to make a buck selling some documents to the heavy hitter smugglers (and my guy is looking at many many years for this) and there are all these people allegedly harming your people right here and nothing. We spend millions on this crap. And believe me when I tell you the AUSAs are sitting there not giving a crap either, trying anything to get rid of the case without breaking a sweat, but this is where our national policy stands. It's sad really. But my time spent on this board really made me think, damn, you guys could really get passionate about other things and spend our tax dollars far more wisely. And it would be so much more rewarding!
Now granted, I am a defense lawyer so I usually don't advocate prosecuting anyone, but it would be really nice to see our govt lawyers working to uncover some real malfeasance here in the US and not in Bogota. We all get paid a tidy sum to drag these old guys here from other countries, house them, prosecute them and jail them for 25 years because they took a wee wrong turn at some stage to feed their kids.
With you on the CIA history, it is long and distinguished, but the Clinton one, not so much. Did any politician, including Obama, ever have so many enemies willing to spew the silliest inuendo just hoping anything would stick? Really, I was no Clinton lover and didn't vote for him second time round, but that shit is dumb.
Possible reasons ... hmmmm ....
1. The celebs haven't donated recently.
2. They donated but required their names not be printed publicly as a condition of donating.
3. The CoS's records are so screwed up they don't know who has and hasn't donated.
4. The earlier pubs that advertised celebs' donations were so overblown and out-dated that CoS decided even it couldn't bloat their donation rosters one more time.
5. Someone (?) in CoS mercifully decided not to make the donating celebs a media target and decided not to print their names here ... oh, never mind, since that didn't happen.
6. This was an unfortunate and suppressive misprint caused by the poor schmuck who couldn't find anyone else to lay out the copy for this publication and who's now in the RPF's RPF's RPF.
7. Others? Come on, people!