What's new

Tom Cruise's Sci-cult sister Lee Ann De Vette 'to be deposed'

Anonycat

Crusader
Tom Cruise's Scientologist sister Lee Ann De Vette 'to be deposed' in magazine legal battle

The sister of Hollywood star Tom Cruise, Lee Ann De Vette, will allegedly be forced to answer questions as part of the bitter libel lawsuit against two magazines and her brother.

According to RadarOnline.com, she is supposed to answer questions about her 51-year-old brother’s parenting skills and his split from ex-wife Katie Holmes.

Lee Ann, 54, who is also a Scientologist and a member of Cruise's entourage, has allegedly been given a subpoena by Bauer Media which forces her to sit for an interrogation.

Full article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...n-De-Vette-deposed-magazine-legal-battle.html

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good - glad the whole family gets a wog sec check. His sister is so brainwashed by the cult and she is going to feel like such a fool when she finds out the entire church is a scam

:yes: that will teach Tom Cruise to cry about how hard he works for millions of dollars - and how it is worse than fighting in Afghanistan. She can drill her "TR-LIE" and lie like she has been for her whole life whilst in the cult of Scientology.

Tom is really looking so stupid and making Scientology look even creepier...

Fantastic...CONTINUE...:yes:

remember...the truth will never be exposed as long as you keep lying...Tom did chose his cult over his family!! I wish he had not - they were a nice family!!

Purple Rain

Crusader
Good - glad the whole family gets a wog sec check. His sister is so brainwashed by the cult and she is going to feel like such a fool when she finds out the entire church is a scam

:yes: that will teach Tom Cruise to cry about how hard he works for millions of dollars - and how it is worse than fighting in Afghanistan. She can drill her "TR-LIE" and lie like she has been for her whole life whilst in the cult of Scientology.

Tom is really looking so stupid and making Scientology look even creepier...

Fantastic...CONTINUE...:yes:

remember...the truth will never be exposed as long as you keep lying...Tom did chose his cult over his family!! I wish he had not - they were a nice family!!

Lying is, of course, only wrong when Scientologists do it. When magazines do it we spread it around.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Tom Cruise's Scientologist sister Lee Ann De Vette 'to be deposed' in magazine legal battle

Full article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...n-De-Vette-deposed-magazine-legal-battle.html

I'd rather think of her as his sister, who is a Scientologist. Saying sci fi cult sister makes it sound as if she would not be considered to be his sister, were it not for the cult membership.

She's his sister. AND she's a Scientologist. She's not, like, oh, it's his sister in the grace of our Lord El Ron Hubbard.

Anonycat

Crusader
I'd rather think of her as his sister, who is a Scientologist. Saying sci fi cult sister makes it sound as if she would not be considered to be his sister, were it not for the cult membership.

She's his sister. AND she's a Scientologist. She's not, like, oh, it's his sister in the grace of our Lord El Ron Hubbard.

I had to shorten the title, which was taken from the article. That poor writing style was borrowed from the article. The full headline is: Tom Cruise's Scientologist sister Lee Ann De Vette 'to be deposed' in magazine legal battle - as you probably noticed.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Well, Bauer seems to be taking this lemon and making it into lemonade.

If Cruise thought that by hitting them with this lawsuit he'd get them to back down and apologize, he was definitely mistaken.

I definitely get the impression he was given no - or bad - legal advice about going down this road to begin with. Or, he was warned that it might not go his way, and he ignored it.

The way that it's shaking out, he's going to wind up with more bad PR than he started with.

Anonycat

Crusader

If Cruise thought that by hitting them with this lawsuit he'd get them to back down and apologize, he was definitely mistaken.

I definitely get the impression he was given no - or bad - legal advice about going down this road to begin with. Or, he was warned that it might not go his way, and he ignored it.

The way that it's shaking out, he's going to wind up with more bad PR than he started with.

I agree 100%!

Anonycat

Crusader
She used to do some babysitting of Suri, but was not kept on by Katie after they moved to NYC.

Tom-Cruises-sister.jpg

His cult string pullers are such Masters at telling other people to shut up, especially in legal situations, you'd think they would have applied that tech to Tom.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Lee Ann De Vette

his sister, fellow Scientologist Lee Anne DeVette, who served in that role until November 2005.[111] DeVette was replaced with Paul Bloch from the publicity firm Rogers and Cowan.[112] Such restructuring is seen as a move to curtail publicity of his views on Scientology, as well as the controversy surrounding his relationship with Katie Holmes.

"Making it go right" by listening to fellow cult-member rather than the multi-million dollar firm he employed, how is following reg's going TC ??

Anonycat

Crusader
His cult string pullers are such Masters at telling other people to shut up, especially in legal situations, you'd think they would have applied that tech to Tom.

Shootout at the footbullet corral!

Cruise’s attorneys responded to to the magazine boss’ position by likening it to “a plantation owner claiming, ‘I’m no racist’” even though everyone “picking my cotton is black.”

Lawyers for the German-based publisher cited the quote in a November 12 filing as an alleged example of Top Gun star Cruse’s “inability to perceive any boundaries to logic or taste.”

They also claimed Cruise has “trivialized” the Holocaust, the mass murder or genocide of approximately six million Jews during World War II, with his argument that Bauer is pro-Nazi and anti-Scientology.

“By doing so, Cruise trivializes the Holocaust as he attempts to draw entirely unfounded analogies between the most serious of historical events and current entertainment news coverage about his divorce that only briefly touches on his Scientology religion,” Bauer wrote as part of its bid to have a District Court judge issue a protective order against Cruise, who they argue is on a campaign to “harass, oppress and annoy.”

Cruise’s lawyers did not return Radar’s request for comment asking them to explain the context of the racially charged plantation remark.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...ish-gay-journalists-to-cotton-picking-slaves/

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

This could be said about Miscavige too... All of it.

Who is in who's valence?

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
It is no longer Lee Ann Devette. She has remarried...again.. to Tom Gillotte. She sure gets around alot. And, she may have split already with her most current husband.

She was married to John Haigney & had 2 kids with him.. Lauren & Sean; then married Derek De Vette, dumped him & married Tom Gillotte. Both Haigney & De Vette has since remarried.

'Odin Productions' is her brother's company in Santa Monica.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lee-anne-gillotte/54/34/b06

https://www.facebook.com/leeanne.gillotte

Her husband's FB page. (neither he or she are mentioned on each other's FB page):

https://www.facebook.com/tom.gillotte.3

Tom & Lee Anne Gillotte & her daughter, Lauren Haigney, listed as Patrons Meritorious.....IAS 25th Anniversary.

http://whyweprotest.wikia.com/wiki/IAS_25th_Anniversary_Award_Presentations

Anonycat

Crusader
It is no longer Lee Ann Devette. She has remarried...again.. to Tom Gillotte. She sure gets around alot. And, she may have split already with her most current husband.

She was married to John Haigney & had 2 kids with him.. Lauren & Sean; then married Derek De Vette, dumped him & married Tom Gillotte. Lauren Haigney lives with her mother. Both Haigney & De Vette has since remarried.

'Odin Productions' is her brother's company in Santa Monica.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lee-anne-gillotte/54/34/b06

https://www.facebook.com/leeanne.gillotte

Her husband's FB page. (neither he or she are mentioned on each other's FB page):

https://www.facebook.com/tom.gillotte.3

H ello, my name is Barbara Ayash, and here is a little bit about myself:

I was born and raised in the State of Colorado. I was baptized a Lutheran, attended parochial schools until I entered high school. I was a cheerleader, played basketball, was on the gymnastics team, a member of the school choir and modern interpretive dance team.

I now live near North Long Beach, California. I have mothered seven. I am a grandmother of ten and an a great grandmother of four. At 65 I don't look my age. I attribute this to the fact that a person is as young or as old as he or she thinks.

I am a lover of animals especially horses. I was a champion horsewoman in my youth, a bronco rider, a barrel racer and the only woman in my town that belonged to the Future Farmers of America. However, I never got to rope the calves. I was only allowed to tie the ribbon on their tails after the boys roped them. But I did earn awards at the county fair for my horsemanship, for raising a champion Palomino colt and 300 chickens that laid double yolked eggs.

I now own a Pekingnese dog named Happy, a Persian cat named Fritz, and a Grey cheek parakeet by the name of Barbie and my current hobbies are gardening, writing some fiction and creating children's comic books.

The majority of my time is spent doing the job I dearly love -- being the co-founder and President of the Concerned Businessmen's Association of America (CBAA) which is a tax exempt, not-for-profit charitable educational organization dedicated to helping children.

My work with CBAA has helped millions of children in American schools avoid the pitfalls of drug abuse, crime and violence through the American SET A GOOD EXAMPLE Contest, and earned me two international awards of which I am very proud.

In 1985 I received the prestigious International Association of Scientologists Religious Freedom Medal. I was the first woman to receive it. Then in 1993-94 I was named International Woman of the Year by the International Biographical Association of Cambridge England.

But these credits are not mine alone. They also belong to the millions of children who have participated in the SET A GOOD EXAMPLE Contest and helped me achieve those honors. They earned many of their own for the projects they did that were based on The Way To Happiness book, written by noted author and humanitarian L. Ron Hubbard. Their good works have been commended 17 times in the United States Congressional Record. Forty-four governors have proclaimed Set A Good Example Months in their honor as have hundreds of mayors in cities throughout the country.

According to a national study completed by Beckman and Associates, an independent research firm, 90% of the teachers who participated with students doing SET A GOOD EXAMPLE contest projects rated The Way To Happiness book as "Excellent," for helping children learn the difference between right and wrong and to apply common sense guidelines for living such as honesty, trust, respect, and good citizenship.

The SET A GOOD EXAMPLE Contest works this way: Students can win one of three $5000.00 grants to help improve education in their school. The competition requires that students plan, develop and complete a project that will influence their peers in a positive way....away from drugs, crime, and violence and encourage them to practice honesty, trust and competence.

You can learn more about the SET A GOOD EXAMPLE Contest and CBAA by visiting our web site at http://www dot cbaa dot org. There is even an anti-drug comic book on the site. Take a look at the section entitled 'For Children Only.

http://www.our-home.org/barbaraayash/myself.htm

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I had to shorten the title, which was taken from the article. That poor writing style was borrowed from the article. The full headline is: Tom Cruise's Scientologist sister Lee Ann De Vette 'to be deposed' in magazine legal battle - as you probably noticed.

I appreciate the explanation and your patience with yet another of my blonde moments.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I don't wish to start yet another Tom Cruise related thread so I'm going to just leave this here:

From The Christian Post:

Katie Holmes Tweets a Dig at Tom Cruise?

By Sami K. Martin, Christian Post Reporter
November 15, 2013|11:14 am

Actress Katie Holmes is creating headlines after posting a tweet that may or may not be a slam against ex-husband Tom Cruise. The Tweet comes during a significant time for Cruise, who was just deposed in a suit against the Church of Scientology, the organization he belongs to.

"The real struggle begins when you have to contend against a part of your own self," Holmes tweeted, citing a quote from French novelist Andrew Maraux. "Up to that point, it's all plain sailing. Yet it's only from such inner conflicts that a real man emerges."

<snip>
Full Story: http://www.christianpost.com/news/katie-holmes-tweets-a-dig-at-tom-cruise-108854/

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Is Lee Ann the "publicist" circa Tom's Super-Scientology come out mid 2000s?

Yes. Cruise's bankability as an A-List movie star was enhanced by his very protective publicist, Pat Kingsley, who was widely admired in showbiz circles & represented many A-List stars. TC took great exception to Kingsley's attempts to downplay his Scientology connections. She foresaw the major train wreck that was to come. The hyper-egotistical TC couldn't.

He fired Kingsley & hired his Scientologist sister who had zero experience in celebrity PR & no connections in showbiz circles. It proved disastrous to him. He fired her a year later & replaced her with Paul Bloch, a well-respected & experienced Hollywood publicist, who steered TC away from promoting Scientology. It was shortly after hiring Paul Bloch that Cruise would respond to media inquiries about his role in Scientology with.."if you want to know about Scientology, they have an Internet website."

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2004/04/cruise_control.html

Cruise no longer talks about the cult, and, obviously, his PR flack forbids mention of it in interviews.

Anonycat

Crusader
I just saw my incomplete post about Barbara Ayash ... IRL has been hectic, I'll try to come back to that soon :)