What's new

Tom Morgan

Aliceinwonderland

Patron with Honors
A friend of mine wants to know if anyone has seen a "gent" from New Zealand, named Tom Morgan, who worked at Flag. He was in Distribution, Div. 6 around 1983. Worked with Jeff Walker, when he was the senior CS at Flag. He wants to know where he is or if he died.

Thanks,
L

Terril park

Sponsor
A friend of mine wants to know if anyone has seen a "gent" from New Zealand, named Tom Morgan, who worked at Flag. He was in Distribution, Div. 6 around 1983. Worked with Jeff Walker, when he was the senior CS at Flag. He wants to know where he is or if he died.

Thanks,
L

I believe I saw him whilst on the 81 FEBC evolution. He played the Piano
in a public area. I'd last seen him as someone big in Div 6 at st Hill. I asked him why he was demoted to being a piano player or something along those lines, but he wouldn't give any reasons. He seemed very ARC broken. I
think he was Tom Morgan.

Aliceinwonderland

Patron with Honors
I believe I saw him whilst on the 81 FEBC evolution. He played the Piano
in a public area. I'd last seen him as someone big in Div 6 at st Hill. I asked him why he was demoted to being a piano player or something along those lines, but he wouldn't give any reasons. He seemed very ARC broken. I
think he was Tom Morgan.

Okay - I'll let my friend know. Thanks :)

Maybe someone will pop along eventually who knows like from the 90's or maybe even a little more recently :).

L

ozzie

Patron with Honors
wow Tom Morgan was a middle aged man when I was in my teens at Saint Hill. Brings back memories! He was older than my parents and if still alive would be probably in his 80s now. If he is I wish him well. He was always a very nice person.

Ozzie

Aliceinwonderland

Patron with Honors
wow Tom Morgan was a middle aged man when I was in my teens at Saint Hill. Brings back memories! He was older than my parents and if still alive would be probably in his 80s now. If he is I wish him well. He was always a very nice person.

Ozzie

I guess my friend knew him in New Zealand or something. I don't know what made him think of him, but I thought I'd ask the board for my friends sake :).

:)
L

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
Tom Morgan was Div 6 for Auckland Org for many years.

In that time he wrote the book on how to read an OCA Graph.

His insights and ability to read what was in a graph was well known and the book (if you could get hold of a copy) was a "bible" for c/s's, reg's and public handlers.

Needless to say, Hubbard, (who couldn't read an OCA graph for shit) did not appreciate being shown up as a clown, so he pulled Tom off post and onto Flag lines where they buried him in minutae.

Tom was a quiet and gentle man who always had a ready smile and friendly word for all. He was a genuine Div 6 person who could bring the public in. He kept Auckland going with new people for years.

I hope he has found peace in his old age.

Dart

BAYCB

Patron with Honors
I met Tom at flag after I had just finished the PTS/SP course there. I was assigned the action of doing a PTS interview with him (10 Aug). I knew his name from reading earlier HCOPL’s (before they were stripped of others names).

I was pretty nervous and it was a bitch to find a room in the fort Harrison to do the interview. I ended up screwing up the interview, but Tom being the gent that he was, was very polite and nice.

After I turned in the interview, I was ordered to cramming and sent for a full re-train by David Mayo….of course after lower conditions.:nervous:

Sorry I can’t give any update as to where Tom is today, I’ll always remember how nice he was.