What's new

Tommy Davis BLEW! Laura Dolan BLEW! Update from Miss Cabbage's Bunker

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Tommy's family.. the Davis'.. were never involved in the cult. His stepfather & mother's side.. the Jastrows are.

It's my understanding that the Jastrows have remained Scilons in name only by remaining on the cult's Honor Roll for donations, and, occasionally, speaking at graduations.

Well, then there's the famous one, Ann Archer.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had to look up plox - means "please". It came from Marty and hopefully he has resources that give him info. I have no reason not to believe it but so many blow and sign gag orders so how do we see the proof if they are paid off to stay silent?

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
I had to look up plox - means "please". It came from Marty and hopefully he has resources that give him info. I have no reason not to believe it but so many blow and sign gag orders so how do we see the proof if they are paid off to stay silent?

It might be true, probable even, the circumstances would seem to indicate it, and its certainly fun to tease the cult about - but - just because Marty says its true doesn't make it true. I suspect its only half true insomuch as Tommy may have left his position as spokeshole after having made it untenable. Remember this:

. . . At the meeting, Davis and I also discussed Hubbard’s war record. His voice filling with emotion, he said that, if it was true that Hubbard had not been injured, then “the injuries that he handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie” . . .

Leader of Anonymous FTW!!

Now, whether Tommy has actually "blown" or has left his position (perhaps to focus attention on his wife's recovery?) or is stuck in the hole, remains a matter for speculation. Don't get me wrong, I would love for Tommy to have blown, and Laura, and everyone, but please excuse me if I don't leap for joy just yet.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
This is why I initially thought Rathbun lacked moral authority to take on a leadership role amongst independents.

Surely this is still the case?

The future remains uncertain. Those remaining just need to rest assured that Scientology will continue on regardless of what happens. To deny them this reality is cruel as there is nothing inherently evil about auditing itself. And if it's not auditing, then as far as I'm concerned it's not "the tech".

I don't intend this as an endorsement, but rather granting Scientologists the same consideration I would any other religion or belief system.

But Scientology is not a religion or a belief system. It is a criminal organisation.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
I disagree, emphatically, I think auditing is a gross misconduct on the part of the person being audited.Being "audited"is part of the "tech" of scientology and it is this that causes people to be damaged irreparably.just the mere thought that the E-meter has any credence is fraudulent in itself, let alone any form of supposed counseling.The whole set up is a con of fantastic proportions and imagine the whole thing is filmed without the person knowing.And, even if they did know by this point they would think it was for "the greatest good" because they have been indoctrinated in this way.

Don't come this, I don't intend this as an endorsement with me, it won't work! Scientology should not be granted the same considerations as any other religion, because they are not and have never been a religion, ever! It was done purely to gain access to real religious ministers and governments and every god damned aspect of cultural life in order to gain control of the masses and if you think I am joking then you need your head testing.When I see London Police officers, world leaders, local MPs and the likes of celebrities endorsing the works of L. Ron Hubbard, I am going to be alarmed, very alarmed!. I cannot stress this enough, but do you want me to live my life in total fear, continually, forever? I do find some of the tactics of Scientology hilarious, purely because, the whole thing beggars belief, they are very scary, very, very f**king scary! But, as a favorite critic of mine says "I would rather die knowing the truth than living a lie" or words to that effect.

I am being very open and honest here and if you can't see that, then you have some serious problems.

When I was a young girl and Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard took the best of me and tore me apart, broke me into a million fragments and they did break me into a million fragments of myself, I wanted to end it all. But, not now, not now, you see all this talk about the "wins" in Scientolgy only exist in the mind, and when you are deep into scientology these"wins" only exist in a reactive mind that doesn't exist at all, but, you are told it does, and this is told to you by a nuclear physicist, who can dispute that? Certain people DID, and they were right!

I could go on and on, but it's late, I am tired and I think you must get the picture by now, but if you don't then I don't really think there is much hope, let alone Faith and Charity.

All of this ^^^^

Man de la Mancha

Patron with Honors
I disagree, emphatically, I think auditing is a gross misconduct on the part of the person being audited.Being "audited"is part of the "tech" of scientology and it is this that causes people to be damaged irreparably.just the mere thought that the E-meter has any credence is fraudulent in itself, let alone any form of supposed counseling.The whole set up is a con of fantastic proportions and imagine the whole thing is filmed without the person knowing.And, even if they did know by this point they would think it was for "the greatest good" because they have been indoctrinated in this way.

Filming without PC's consent is wrong and cannot possibly have a pure motive. But filming is not auditing.

Other than a few ancient sec checks, I've never had any auditing so I cannot attest to its ultimate effects. Based on the procedures themselves I find it difficult to see where real harm could be done, and I've never seen anyone "damaged" by it.

I have seen broken families, friendships, and business relationships - but "disconnection" is not auditing.

I've seen the degradation and deprivation endured by Sea Org members in need of "rehabilitation", but the RPF is not auditing.

Don't come this, I don't intend this as an endorsement with me, it won't work!
As explained above, I can neither endorse nor condemn the auditing. Either would be disingenuous.

I have no doubt that you endured great hardship - much more than most both in your childhood and your overall experience with "the church". Because you have this sort of insight on things, I always read your posts when I see them. You seem very smart and your anger with the church comes through loud and clear.

I can't blame you for being angry and wouldn't remotely consider judging your position on things. On the other hand, it is becoming more and more obvious that most Scientologists - even the orthodox - are fed up with the abuses, and they seem to be taking matters into their own hands.

If Scn Inc doesn't repair itself, it appears that Scientologists in general will. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable depriving them of that opportunity.

It is desireable to have many different viewpoints on a board such as this. Quite frankly yours is probably way more important than mine, so don't let anything I say bother you too much.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RET1zBC0p7k

I did find this pretty funny! Angry Gay Pope is hysterical. "You can save money on toilet paper - use Dianetics"! That is classic!

Where is Tommy Davis now? Anyone know anything? I bet he is out completely now! He had to have looked at the internet - once out of the bubble...it is just too damn tempting to find out why the cult you dedicated your life to just did not work for anyone - especially his poor wife. Last I heard - she is selling real estate in Texas. I wonder if they had any arcx sessions from Marty yet? They are going to need something to help ease the pain they are in. The mind fucking they were subjected to must have been just horrific!

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
[SNIP] One thing is for certain - he knows and loves the tech, as any devotee should, and as any leader must. [SNIP].

I read this bit, and I must wonder if the current 'leader' of Scientology, David Miscavage, knows and loves the technology of Scientology. I'll set aside his own pronouncements, of course. Under Miscavage's watch, it appears the tech (such as it is) has become seriously degraded, and his reported behavior to others below him in the hierarchy doesn't seem to indicate a person who uses Scientology in any positive sense.

Perhaps we should simply re-classify him as a dictator, instead of a leader?

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I read this bit, and I must wonder if the current 'leader' of Scientology, David Miscavage, knows and loves the technology of Scientology. I'll set aside his own pronouncements, of course. Under Miscavage's watch, it appears the tech (such as it is) has become seriously degraded, and his reported behavior to others below him in the hierarchy doesn't seem to indicate a person who uses Scientology in any positive sense.

Perhaps we should simply re-classify him as a dictator, instead of a leader?

I've seen no evidence to suggest that he is a practicing scilon. I think he was at one point. What he loves is money, power, and smacking people. Lyintology is a means to that end and probably the only way he could have ever achieved those things. So even though he's not a believer he should at least write a success story.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I was researching today and watched a video that had him in it, and honestly it made me sick to see his bald faced lies again. Absolutely disgusting. Yeah I hope he is out and recovering but he also has a lot to answer for. So patronising ... :puke2:

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
This person recommends the European Free Zone for services. How does he seem to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqzpUurtwPw

He's just a plant, to discredit the Freezone, because only Hubbard is allowed to spout such crazy stuff and be taken seriously.

Just yesterday I listened to the Marcab Confederacy lecture of Hubbard, again. Does it get any nuttier? And why aren't those clips featured on more TV shows about Scientology? Tommy Davis should have been made to explain what Hubbard meant about the Marcabs, rather than have to defend Xenu.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't see any reason to call him a plant. He's calmly stating what every well-informed scilon knows. Discredit the FZ? How does this discredit the FZ? This is textbook Hubbs.

SomeGuy

Patron Meritorious
Out of curiosity, did Tommy do anything more then be a spokesman?

I'm trying to figure out if he was Baghdad Bob or if he was closer to a Mike Rinder/Marty Rathbun type.