What's new

Tonight, Leah Remini takes us into the incredible story of Scientology’s Clearwater takeover

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Tonight, Leah Remini takes us into the incredible story of Scientology’s Clearwater takeover

[Tonight, ‘Aftermath’ gives Gabe his due.]

Scientology’s very sketchy history in the Florida city of Clearwater gets a nice going over in tonight’s episode of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.

As Mike Rinder points out early in the episode, some of us may take for granted Scientology’s incredible history in the Gulf Coast town,[.......]

Continue reading...

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
https://www.tampabay.com/clearwater...ts-clearwater-in-national-spotlight-20190123/

There’s no debate that the Church of Scientology’s international spiritual headquarters is downtown’s most dominating presence.

It’s become the largest landowner with at least $245 million worth of property. Its seven story, 300,000 square-foot Flag Building towers over Fort Harrison Avenue and uniformed Sea Org staff members hustle daily between buildings and off buses.

But on Tuesday evening, worldwide viewers of A&E’s Emmy Award winning show Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath got the darkest analysis of what that legacy and presence means for the city.
(snip)

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
As a member of public in the UK I never experienced Flag myself but I used to see the glossy brochures describing it as "the Mecca of technical perfection".

Then a member of public at my org went over there to have some auditing because he assumed it would change his life. He came back and said the staff at Flag were "nuts".

Then another member of public decided to join staff at my org but before signing the contract he paid for the FEBC at Flag and went there to get trained. He blew from Flag after a few weeks, blew from our local org and never came back to scientology.

Then another member of public from my org went there for auditing. She came back and refused to speak about her experience.

This was all in the 1990s. I assume it hasn't got better since then.