What's new

Tonight, Thu, July 7: Smart Admin who pwned OSA interviews Janet Reitman; invites ano

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
Deborah Beeksma, the smart admin who pwned OSA, is having a three-hour show on Scientology on GodDiscussion. She will talking with Janet Reitman, who will be available for anon hour, about her book, and then two hours following Janet are reserved for a discussion about Scientology.

She explicitly invites anons to call her before 2 pm Pacific Time if you want to participate in the dicussion. (See below)

Janet Reitman, Author of Inside Scientology, On GodDiscussion's BlogTalk Radio Show

July 6, 2011 By God Discussion Reporter Leave a Comment

Journalist Janet Reitman

In her critically acclaimed new book, Inside Scientology: The Story of America's Most Secretive Religion, Janet Reitman offers the first full journalistic history of the Church of Scientology. She traces Scientology’s development from the birth of Dianetics to today, following its metamorphosis from a pseudoscientific self-help group to a worldwide spiritual corporation with profound control over its followers and even ex-followers.

Based on five years of research, unprecedented access to Church officials, confidential documents, and extensive interviews with current and former Scientologists, Reitman exposes a little-known world and she will share some of her observations this Thursday, July 7, on the GodDiscussion show.

Scientology was created in 1954 by a prolific sci-fi writer named L. Ron Hubbard. It claims to be the world’s fastest growing religion, with millions of members around the world and hugefinancial holdings. Its celebrity believers keep its profile high, and its teams of “volunteer ministers” offer aid at disaster sites such as Haiti and the World Trade Center.

But Scientology is also a notably closed faith, harassing journalists and others through litigation and intimidation, even infiltrating the highest levels of the government to further its goals. Its attacks on psychiatry and its requirement that believers pay as much as tens and even hundreds of thousands of dollars for salvation have drawn scrutiny and skepticism. Ex-members use the Internet to share stories of harassment and abuse.

Inside Scientology is published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and is available in print and Amazon's Kindle.

Show Time: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 6 PM Pacific/7 PM Mountain/8 PM Central/9PM Eastern

Call-In Number: 914-338-0452

BlogTalk Radio Show Page: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/god-discussion/2011/07/08/janet-reitman-inside-scientology

How to Tune In and Other Information: A live, web-based chat will run with the show. If you can't call in, post your questions in the chat room. Tips on accessing the chat, hearing the show, time zones and other details are on the God Discussion Show overview.

About Our Guest.

Janet Reitman is a contributing editor at Rolling Stone and her article, Inside Scientology, published in March 2006 was a National Magazine Award-nominee. She is the first American journalist to publish a major book on Scientology, and the only writer to have charted its full history.

Reitman also covered the war in Iraq for Rolling Stone and has reported on a wide range of other topics, including the failure of US and international recovery efforts in post-earthquake Haiti; the Duke lacrosse scandal; the death of American aid worker Marla Ruzicka in Baghdad; and the national childhood obesity crisis. She has also reported extensively in Africa, profiling Zimbabwean leader Robert Mugabe, and covering conflicts in Sudan and Sierra Leone.

In addition to Rolling Stone, Reitman's work has appeared in GQ, Men's Journal, the Los Angeles Times Sunday Magazine, and Salon, among other publications. She and journalist L. Christopher Smith live in Brooklyn, New York, with their French sheepdog, Bode.

After Interview Chat and an Open Invitation to Anonymous.
Janet will be available for one hour. An additional two hours are reserved for the live podcast to discuss Scientology.

GodDiscussion has had its own interesting experiences with Scientology, after “sock puppets” (meaning one person using an IP but posing as several people) were exposed in the comments to a small article published in April about a Scientology protest by members of the group Anonymous. Through the dozens of comments, members of Anonymous revealed a great deal of information about the church and its operations. No one directly associated with the church, nor a Scientology apologist using the name “Louanne Lee,” responded to requests in April to defend their positions on the show. They are welcome to call in during our discussion.

Members of Anonymous or others who have had experiences and/or insight about Scientology are also welcome to join the show after Janet Reitman's interview. We can call you (your name will remain anonymous if requested) from the switchboard and schedule you into the live discussion. Please contact Deborah, the show host, by 2 PM Pacific time if you would like to participate.

Background Interview.

In 2006, Janet was interviewed on MSNBC about her article, Inside Scientology, published in Rolling Stone.

BC1

Patron with Honors
Re: Tonight, Thu, July 7: Smart Admin who pwned OSA interviews Janet Reitman; invites

A funny coincidence that Anons have to call by 2pm on Thursday.

:lol:

Mystic

Crusader
Re: Tonight, Thu, July 7: Smart Admin who pwned OSA interviews Janet Reitman; invites

OSA must love this one. At least they get to make some stats, negative stats according to the Hubbard-spew they implant themselves with, but at least stats.

Intelligence

Thu, July 7, 2011 12:29:49 PM

Radio Show - Exposing Scientology

David Love <[email protected]>
View Contact
To: [email protected] Cc:[email protected]

Hello Deborah

My name is David Edgar Love and I received a request to contact you about
the Show you are doing tonight with Guest Janet Reitman.

Unfortunately, I will be at work, but could take 10 minutes to call in or be called
to participate.

Here is a link to my web pages: (With a Bio on my Montreal Personal Safety Examiner Page)

http://anoneire.ning.com/profile/DavidEdgarLove

http://www.examiner.com/personal-safety-in-montreal/david-love

Sincerely,

David Edgar Love

Trying to work out Logistics right now. It may be possible.

NCSP

Patron Meritorious

This ^^^^^ is the Podcast. It was a pretty good show. I was on from 107min to 117min.
The lady on before had a very interesting story to tell.

I think there will another show in the near future :)

It was a pretty good show. I've listened to a few interviews so far, and Reitman really acquits herself well. (I really can't wait to read the book!) I wondered if the Scientology callers toward the end were genuine or OSA; they didn't do a lot of attacking, so probably not OSA, although if they are, they're getting better at PR.

Intelligence

It was a pretty good show. I've listened to a few interviews so far, and Reitman really acquits herself well. (I really can't wait to read the book!) I wondered if the Scientology callers toward the end were genuine or OSA; they didn't do a lot of attacking, so probably not OSA, although if they are, they're getting better at PR.

Apparently their Area Code pointed toward OSA. I think they were well versed in Media "Handling":eyeroll:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron

The Electrician scientololgist didnt sound like OSA he was committed on his wins, but i wondered if someone else was listening to the negative commentary and then giving the thumbs up with an R Factor someone was negative , its your turn to counter the lies with your success story.