What's new

Tony O asks why we believe in Xenu

Div6

Crusader
:hysterical::hysterical:

Yeah, I had a huge win and blew that BT.

But now there's another problem. He was so blown out, he decided to stay and have more wins with "my tech".

So now he is recruiting large numbers of other BTs to come into my body so they can have similar wins to his (with "his tech").

Lol. Put up your "Gone fishin" sign and point them to the nearest "Church". :biggrin:

xaxxat

Patron
:hysterical::hysterical:

Yeah, I had a huge win and blew that BT.

But now there's another problem. He was so blown out, he decided to stay and have more wins with "my tech".

So now he is recruiting large numbers of other BTs to come into my body so they can have similar wins to his (with "his tech").

You should turn him into a Servant of the Bones (Ann Rice).

Have him go out and punish your enemies, get all the goodies, etc.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Originally Posted by Div6
Lol. Put up your "Gone fishin" sign and point them to the nearest "Church".

You should turn him into a Servant of the Bones (Ann Rice).

Have him go out and punish your enemies, get all the goodies, etc.

Thank you both for being there and communicating and granting beings-ness to me and my team of BTs.

Our wins and stats continue expanding. Now, each morning I am mustering my BTs before they go on post. However, some nearby wogs looked at me strangely while I was doing roll call.

But apparently my tone 40 "START!" was really in, because all the passengers on the bus immediately got off at the next stop.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Mark doesn't post wins or anything like that. He does post according to his frame of reference- just as everyone else here does. He's also very critical of Hubbard and has posted accordingly. I'm surprised that this would seem whacky to some... :whistling:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Mark doesn't post wins or anything like that. He does post according to his frame of reference- just as everyone else here does. He's also very critical of Hubbard and has posted accordingly. I'm surprised that this would seem whacky to some... :whistling:

You mentioned things nobody is talking about or debating except you.

I was very specific about what I considered not just wacky, but super-wacky. However, what I actually said and was talking about was not mentioned in your bill of particulars.

Is there such a thing as a straw woman fallacy?

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
You mentioned things nobody is talking about or debating except you.

I was very specific about what I considered not just wacky, but super-wacky. However, what I actually said and was talking about was not mentioned in your bill of particulars.

Is there such a thing as a straw woman fallacy?

Here's what you did say:
Amazing stuff, isn't it? I have never figured out why Indie/FZ Scientologists like Mark Baker and Terril keep posting super-wacky spin about Scientology "tech" on an Ex-Scientology Message Board. (Cue posts that will recite how everyone is welcome here)

Of course everyone is "welcome" to say what they want. But WHY would a Scientologist WANT to keep talking to people about their "tech" who are (quite noticeably) very happily out of the tech-mind-warp? People who are demonstrably and very vocally averse to L. Ron Hubbard's hoax? Why do they wish to keep selling something to people who have repeatedly said they are not interested in buying it?

My points about MAB remain, therefore.

Now, as to Indies posting their take on tech or how it was for them, let me share a story with you.

I used to post a lot of OCMB. Sometimes talking to very nice sweet people and on most other occasions, quite the opposite. By the time I opted to start posting there regularly instead of sporadically, I'd already been on critical fora for a couple years. (about 3 or 3.5).

In that time, I'd noticed many posts indicating that wins are out of place on critical fora. I decided that I agreed with that. And I was an Indie Scn'ist at the time. But I agreed with that anyway.

And what happened? I got repeated requests- even demands- that I post things that happened to me. Wins, etc. And I responded almost every time "I do not think Scn wins have any place on a critical forum. I'm happy to discuss Scn in the third party vein." And what happened?
Quite a few people got really worked up. I was asked 76 trillion times why I was there. Why I wouldn't talk about it.

So I think Indies are damned if they do, and damned it they don't.

I think that no matter what they do, it's not going to be good enough and I think that this solely and completely reflects on those questioning them.

Sux 2 B U.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
And, further, Emma has repeatedly posted her "who can post here" sticky. It basically says all points of view are welcome. Doesn't mean she agreed with all of 'em. But since they ain't breaking the rules, then the onus is on the rest of y'all.

And, further, Emma has repeatedly posted her "who can post here" sticky. It basically says all points of view are welcome. Doesn't mean she agreed with all of 'em. But since they ain't breaking the rules, then the onus is on the rest of y'all.

And simply put ESMB is a discussion board for individual's who wish to discuss a variety of topics relating to their experiences with scientology and otherwise. If there are topics being discussed which lie outside of an individual's personal interest then that individual is free not to discuss it. Surprisingly there is no guarantee of a right to badger others concerning discussions which they may find to be of interest.

Amazing how that works. Even more amazing how some few remain vociferously opposed to it. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
dogbert1na.gif

Tell me if this is helping Hoaxie

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
And simply put ESMB is a discussion board for individual's who wish to discuss a variety of topics relating to their experiences with scientology and otherwise. If there are topics being discussed which lie outside of an individual's personal interest then that individual is free not to discuss it. Surprisingly there is no guarantee of a right to badger others concerning discussions which they may find to be of interest.

Amazing how that works. Even more amazing how some few remain vociferously opposed to it. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

Yah. I wonder if some of those people who scream the loudest about anyone posting (what amounts to) a minority view re Scn- weren't nice little DM style martinets gaily fucking everyone over when they were in CofS. Then they kept the attitude after leaving CofS.

I've seen it. People are identified as "dangerous" "trouble makers" and so on and they go after them just the way they did when they were still sucking DM's cock.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
It's very indignificating.

This is how one reader reacted after being exposed to the ill-informed, ad hominem, ad hominid, poorly conceived, poorly congealed, strawman straw doll, straw dog, and dogbone material in this thread. It must be stopped before it's too late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcEKOwheFRk

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Some of these posts sound very angry. Not everyone has the same thoughts on these things.

As it happens, I've studied a lot of comparative religion. But even if I hadn't or even if I had drawn incorrect conclusions, so what? Why get so angry and worked up over it?

It sounds like cognitive dissonance. It sounds panicky. It sounds the way I used to feel when I very first found internet discussion groups that I thought (at the time) were "bashing" my "religion". But I realized people had a right to their opinions and that I, back then, belonged to a group that felt threatened by that and that I should not feel threatened by those views.

For some time I've been wondering why you so often characterize other people's posts as "angry" when, to me, they didn't seem at all angry ... now I see that you were/are projecting your own feelings.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Freezone Technical Standards Committee

Revised OT III Procedure

The Technical breakthrough of 2012

1. Walk around the Org in a counter-clockwise direction chanting "Om Marty Ronnie um, Om mini Marty bum."

2. Continue this until a black cat is spotted. This may take some time.

3. Approach the cat and flow admiration to it. Show it the fish. The cat should now follow you as you continue walking and chanting.

4. Continue walking and chanting until a ladder is observed. This may take some time.
Do NOT walk under the ladder.

5. Climb the ladder and continue chanting until you have absolute certainty that you won't get an answer and that nothing is going to happen. Climb back down, rapping each rung of the ladder ten times with your left hand knuckles.

6. Get back into comm with the cat, take out your hand-mirror, break it, and look at the cat in the reflection of the broken mirror. Give the fish to the cat.

7. Cast your runes to the ground.

8. Take three rotten eggs, a handful of butter, and some used engine oil, mix them together carefully, and apply the mixture to the whole of your head.

9. Take the chicken, place it amongst the runes, and see which one it pecks.

9. Take that rune, close your eyes and dance the frug until you know where to place the rune on your body. This may take some time. You have located the BT.

10. Scourge that location with willow branches dipped in salt and black pepper.

11. The BT will now leave and report to Rey Robles for duty as a recovered Loyal Officer.

This procedure works every time when standardly applied. Only two cases of failure have ever been noted, and were entirely due to squirreling. In one case, the cat was not black, but was instead a ginger tom, and in the other the Pre-OT walked under the ladder.

Now go and audit - you know what to do.

The whole of Sector 9 is depending on you to do this right.

ML,

Ron

superstition.png

Are you quite sure you're not a scientologist Smilla?

That is one of the funniest things I've ever read (so, you can't be).

:lol:

Mythbluster

Patron
Hello to all :thumbsup:
Long time lurker of these boards, I'm from Scotland and have a keen interest in philosophical and spiritual debate, likely inspired by my enjoyment of recreational herbs (really need to sort that out with some niacin and saunas, anyone got a spare £30000, or enough oatee magic spare to postulate some metaphorical funds into my account? :wink2:)

Fortunately I have never been directly involved with Scientology (except recently at protests in my home city) but after seeing disturbing footage on YouTube and realising they were already in my country I have spent a lot of time researching documents and videos and lurking forums. After reading this entire thread (thoroughly entertaining and informative btw) I thought I'd finally make an account and join future discussions to offer another fully "wog" pov to the mix. I have a tendency to ramble, must be those damn bt's chiming in and throwing me off, so I'll wind things up for now with a couple of my thoughts on subjects discussed:

I don't possibly see how incident 2 can be a metaphor by proper definition

Definition of a metaphor:

1. A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in “a sea of troubles” or “All the world's a stage” (Shakespeare).

2. One thing conceived as representing another; a symbol: “Hollywood has always been an irresistible, prefabricated metaphor for the crass, the materialistic, the shallow, and the craven” (Neal Gabler).

Examples of metaphors

Life is a journey, purposes are destinations, means are routes, difficulties are obstacles, counselors are guides, achievements are landmarks, choices are crossroads.. Co$ is a mosquito on the arse of humanity (bloodsucking unwanted, nuisance so devoid of usefulness that eradication wouldn't have any true negative impact on the rest of the world)

The xenu incident is a long winded account, with lots of detail, put forward by its author as absolute truth. The following auditing processes directly reference the locations, times and events described within. So if it IS a metaphor what exactly is it supposed to be representing? Are the metaphor purporting crowd simply saying they believe in bts but not the incident so because Ron's tale could hypothetically explain the phenomena it must be a metaphor for the "true story?" If so could they enlighten us what they believe to be the truth behind the metaphor? (its hardly a metaphor if you can't explain what it metaphorically represents!)
If the only "truth" in ot3 is that bts exist and ridding oneself of them is nice then what is the difference between already established hypothesis about excorcism etc? Or to put it another way there is nothing unique about rons theory (like most of his garble it is just stolen from elsewhere and maximised for profitability, christian exorcism happens waaay less often and the main difference is it is only performed when requested and when someone is in distress of some kind, just a coincidence that Rons alteration involves much more time spent doing it, much more cost to the recipient and most importantly the theory that EVERYONE needs it regardless of if they feel fine!) And if bts exist, but incident 2 didn't, yet somehow running the process (based on a made up story) works then why the need for the bridge etc, just start running the process straight away, or make up your own! If inc 2 isn't real but works who is to say the above hilarious ladder, cat etc method won't work too? Maybe even better!

A question to the metaphor believers, is all space opera a "metaphor" (non pr translation: LIE) or just xenu? Because if it isn't all metaphor it seems a bit odd to believe all that rubbish but not xenu and if it is all metaphor then there is nothing left to Scientology expect confessing sins in the vague hope you will feel happier (sounds like Catholicism!)
Phew told you in ramble, had a lot of that going round my head and needed to blow the charge though ;)

Final thought for now, in my opinion saying xenu is a metaphor but ot3 works is like saying you are a Catholic who believes Jesus is a metaphor but you can feel communion clearing your sins and you can taste the blood and flesh of Christ in the wafer and wine!

Apologies for overly long post and many thanks to all on the boards (even those I disagree with, without argument and debate life is vanilla) for the knowledge and laughs I have gained from reading this forum. :yes:

Veda

Sponsor
Hello to all :thumbsup:
Long time lurker of these boards, I'm from Scotland and have a keen interest in philosophical and spiritual debate, likely inspired by my enjoyment of recreational herbs (really need to sort that out with some niacin and saunas, anyone got a spare £30000, or enough oatee magic spare to postulate some metaphorical funds into my account? :wink2:)

Fortunately I have never been directly involved with Scientology (except recently at protests in my home city) but after seeing disturbing footage on YouTube and realising they were already in my country I have spent a lot of time researching documents and videos and lurking forums. After reading this entire thread (thoroughly entertaining and informative btw) I thought I'd finally make an account and join future discussions to offer another fully "wog" pov to the mix. I have a tendency to ramble, must be those damn bt's chiming in and throwing me off, so I'll wind things up for now with a couple of my thoughts on subjects discussed:

I don't possibly see how incident 2 can be a metaphor by proper definition

Definition of a metaphor:

1. A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in “a sea of troubles” or “All the world's a stage” (Shakespeare).

2. One thing conceived as representing another; a symbol: “Hollywood has always been an irresistible, prefabricated metaphor for the crass, the materialistic, the shallow, and the craven” (Neal Gabler).

Examples of metaphors

Life is a journey, purposes are destinations, means are routes, difficulties are obstacles, counselors are guides, achievements are landmarks, choices are crossroads.. Co$ is a mosquito on the arse of humanity (bloodsucking unwanted, nuisance so devoid of usefulness that eradication wouldn't have any true negative impact on the rest of the world)

The xenu incident is a long winded account, with lots of detail, put forward by its author as absolute truth. The following auditing processes directly reference the locations, times and events described within. So if it IS a metaphor what exactly is it supposed to be representing? Are the metaphor purporting crowd simply saying they believe in bts but not the incident so because Ron's tale could hypothetically explain the phenomena it must be a metaphor for the "true story?" If so could they enlighten us what they believe to be the truth behind the metaphor? (its hardly a metaphor if you can't explain what it metaphorically represents!)
If the only "truth" in ot3 is that bts exist and ridding oneself of them is nice then what is the difference between already established hypothesis about excorcism etc? Or to put it another way there is nothing unique about rons theory (like most of his garble it is just stolen from elsewhere and maximised for profitability, christian exorcism happens waaay less often and the main difference is it is only performed when requested and when someone is in distress of some kind, just a coincidence that Rons alteration involves much more time spent doing it, much more cost to the recipient and most importantly the theory that EVERYONE needs it regardless of if they feel fine!) And if bts exist, but incident 2 didn't, yet somehow running the process (based on a made up story) works then why the need for the bridge etc, just start running the process straight away, or make up your own! If inc 2 isn't real but works who is to say the above hilarious ladder, cat etc method won't work too? Maybe even better!

A question to the metaphor believers, is all space opera a "metaphor" (non pr translation: LIE) or just xenu? Because if it isn't all metaphor it seems a bit odd to believe all that rubbish but not xenu and if it is all metaphor then there is nothing left to Scientology expect confessing sins in the vague hope you will feel happier (sounds like Catholicism!)
Phew told you in ramble, had a lot of that going round my head and needed to blow the charge though ;)

Final thought for now, in my opinion saying xenu is a metaphor but ot3 works is like saying you are a Catholic who believes Jesus is a metaphor but you can feel communion clearing your sins and you can taste the blood and flesh of Christ in the wafer and wine!

Apologies for overly long post and many thanks to all on the boards (even those I disagree with, without argument and debate life is vanilla) for the knowledge and laughs I have gained from reading this forum. :yes:

Welcome Mythbluster.

The Metaphor thing is just one more example of Scientologists being willing to lie for Scientology.

Glad you found ESMB. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=xwlzBlurwWo

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
For some time I've been wondering why you so often characterize other people's posts as "angry" when, to me, they didn't seem at all angry ... now I see that you were/are projecting your own feelings.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Like most other hominids on the planet, I do sometimes relate and correlate things I see according to my own frame of reference. I believe I have this in common with roughly 99.9999 percent of the other people in the world...

It's not projection.

Some of the posts sounded very angry. I know the difference between an angry post (such as355,357,348- with oodles of underlining-329,311,313,315,318,320 and 307 ) and, say, oh, I don't know, a snide post like, say...yours here.

I see a lot of posts on this thread that indicate strong disagreement with a lot of aspects of this which don't strike me as angry at all. Infinite's, for example. I also have, on many threads, described how great many posts are on this board. Anyone who'd read my stuff and think I characterize a large percentage (if not all) ESMB posts as "angry" probably needs to take a Hooked On Phonics course.

So I realize you wanted to come in here and take a swipe at me but once again, you're missing the boat.

I suggest you get over your apparent obsession.

(plus we all know that Olska feels I don't have any feelings...or don't deserve to...)