What's new

Tony O "Breaking Even Bigger Story" Monday, 11-18-2013

Well it's pretty embarrassing for a celebrity to be linked with Scientology these days. I'm not surprised the smart ones are fighting tooth and claw not to be associated with it. Even Kirstie didn't show for the Super Power opening!

She could have given some great "finger to the helicopter" shots.
She may have been advised that the wog media would not be high-toned enough to duplicate her reality.

Srlsy though...how could she not attend? Wonder wot wuz up. Is she doing TV shows now?

Purple Rain

Crusader
She may have been advised that the wog media would not be high-toned enough to duplicate her reality.

Srlsy though...how could she not attend? Wonder wot wuz up. Is she doing TV shows now?

No idea. Their stars were very thin on the ground. The only ones spotted were Cruise, Travolta and Preston to my knowledge.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

This UK publication (Daily Mail) specifically took notice of the fact that Kirstie was missing, and Elisabeth Moss as well.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ral-members-trained-develop-super-powers.html

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I must be the only person who stayed up and was happy before, during and after.

Please note how far the goalposts have now moved:

We are now ranking press leaks on the basis of how amusing and shocking they are to us personally. Far from being a serious threat, as Scientology once was, it is now now an entertainment source for those in the know.

I remember a time when we would see a story on SP times and hope that the rest of the media would pick it up. We were disappointed when the US media was not interested in Jan Eastgate-Meyer.

Where this story is a win is that as has been pointed out already, TMZ ran with the story, and then it was pulled. Will Smith still has a career to protect from connection to Scientology. We have watched TC turn into a laughing stock. He has his own studio and all he can do is rehash. We are watching Will Smith's career go down slowly.

Will Smith really dodged a bullet in Feb 2008. He was so close to going public about his involvement with Scientology. The Tavis Smiley interview, where he talks about being 'at cause' rather than 'of effect' of the universe came just before the Anon protests. I'm sure he saw those protests and clammed up.

The press are aware of a lot of what Will Smith has done, but his Scientology connection is unknown to many people. This is a really fucking awesome story. It shines a light on the secular/religious line that the Scis always draw on and it forces Will Smith to deny he is a Scientologist. 'At cause' are you Will?

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
I must be the only person who stayed up and was happy before, during and after.

Please note how far the goalposts have now moved:

We are now ranking press leaks on the basis of how amusing and shocking they are to us personally. Far from being a serious threat, as Scientology once was, it is now now an entertainment source for those in the know.

I remember a time when we would see a story on SP times and hope that the rest of the media would pick it up. We were disappointed when the US media was not interested in Jan Eastgate-Meyer.

Where this story is a win is that as has been pointed out already, TMZ ran with the story, and then it was pulled. Will Smith still has a career to protect from connection to Scientology. We have watched TC turn into a laughing stock. He has his own studio and all he can do is rehash. We are watching Will Smith's career go down slowly.

Will Smith really dodged a bullet in Feb 2008. He was so close to going public about his involvement with Scientology. The Tavis Smiley interview, where he talks about being 'at cause' rather than 'of effect' of the universe came just before the Anon protests. I'm sure he saw those protests and clammed up.

The press are aware of a lot of what Will Smith has done, but his Scientology connection is unknown to many people. This is a really fucking awesome story. It shines a light on the secular/religious line that the Scis always draw on and it forces Will Smith to deny he is a Scientologist. 'At cause' are you Will?

I wish I would have seen the Smiley interview. I still remember when I discovered him... I just went omgwtfbbq, this guy is just amazing, but then I also saw interviews he did where he seemed clueless and total douche. Would love to have seen where he went with Will--sounds like he maybe brought his A game. When the guy is on, he is ON!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I wish I would have seen the Smiley interview. I still remember when I discovered him... I just went omgwtfbbq, this guy is just amazing, but then I also saw interviews he did where he seemed clueless and total douche. Would love to have seen where he went with Will--sounds like he maybe brought his A game. When the guy is on, he is ON!

There's a link to a 24 minute interview here between those two on 12/12/2007. Is that the one? :unsure:
http://video.pbs.org/video/1869183414/

Also, if you search "tavis smiley interview" you'll see some shorter clips come up as well, including this one:

[video=youtube;M88uMRwsj0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M88uMRwsj0U[/video]

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is all over youtube - "tavis smiley will smith" you'll find tons of links. Even before his Scientology connections started eeking out, people must have thought he was weird.

As to Tavis performance, he didn't say much. Will did all the talking. Tavis just sat there stunned.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I don't see it primarily as a failure of study tech. Note that most of this was stolen by Hubbard. No problem, he was good at seeing the ideas worth stealing.

I see it as a failure of rote application founded in ignorance, and assumptions that Hubbard was always right about all aspects about EVERYTHING.

I've done a lot of word clearing with people who had troubles studying.
Word clearing method 7 is a bed rock. They hesitate, pick it up. from there
go to simple dictionaries, and even there just use the definitions that solve the current difficulty. They'll understand what they are reading and will progress to higher understanding or could. And progression is possible.

The former principal was probably interested in the prime area of studying.
Imbuing a sense that its interesting and very worth while.

But then I'm just a squirrel. A superior one may I note:coolwink:
It's not that Study Tech failed, Terril, it's that Study Tech + scientology failed. It just doesn't pass the real world test when alloyed with scientology additives. The guys in South Africa have had some remarkable success with a simple, secular approach (if what's been written about it is true).

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

I can think of three possibilities of high likelihood, offhand.

1. She's on drugs again and they have to hide that.

2. She had some sort of a breakdown over the cognitive dissonance from the Remini flap.

3. The cult realized during said flap that she is a liability and is keeping her under wraps until her particular brand of crazy is again called for.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
There's a link to a 24 minute interview here between those two on 12/12/2007. Is that the one? :unsure:
http://video.pbs.org/video/1869183414/

Also, if you search "tavis smiley interview" you'll see some shorter clips come up as well, including this one:

[video=youtube;M88uMRwsj0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M88uMRwsj0U[/video]

Holy fuck... I just gave up and decided to stop wasting my time (finally) when he went into the treadmill.

No BS... all the shit that came before was pretty much identical to stuff I heard from folks who were tweaking on meth. It was fucking eerie. Delusional obsessive and giving 'logical' explanations.

Jump

Operating teatime
Holy fuck... I just gave up and decided to stop wasting mey time (finally) when he went into the treadmill.

No BS... all the shit that came before was pretty much identical to stuff I heard from folks who were tweaking on meth. It was fucking eerie. Delusional obsessive and giving 'logical' explanations.

WINNING!!

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can think of three possibilities of high likelihood, offhand.

1. She's on drugs again and they have to hide that.

2. She had some sort of a breakdown over the cognitive dissonance from the Remini flap.

3. The cult realized during said flap that she is a liability and is keeping her under wraps until her particular brand of crazy is again called for.
And they're not mutually exclusive.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
I googled el colegio de will smith. It is kind of ironic that Jaden, son of Will, has been going around recently saying that el colegio is a waste of time. His father's colegio was certainly a waste of time.

It is not news that Will Smith and his two kids have been advertising Scientology and Study Tech in Spanish since 2008 - at least.

http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=...KFuLUvXiFqG50QXBgYFg&ved=0CEIQ9QEwAw&dur=2531 (Scilon site)

I wonder how long it will take for the news that study tech is a waste of time to spread around the Spanish-speaking world.

Last edited:

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm grateful for this story. I don't know if it is worth staying up all night for - I think Tony is considering the long term significance of a post like this. But I think he is so immersed in his anti-Scientology work, things like this excite him to no end. I appreciate his passion, but he might want to stay away from "teasers" unless he's leaking a new high profile lawsuit, or the Leah Remini developments, Nazanin Boniadi, stuff like that.

That being said, this story is important because it really lifts the lid off the idea that the Smith just "dabble" in Scientology from time to time, or appreciate "all religions" and have looked at Scientology but not committed, as they like to suggest in interviews. One of the reasons I really loved the unauthorized Tom Cruise biography a few years ago by Andrew Morton was because he described the systematic way that Tom Cruise was befriending specific people to reach certain demographics of the population (Victoria and David Beckham for U.K., Jennifer Lopez for Latinos, Will and Jada for blacks, Tom doing Valkyre the film to help with public relations in Germany - everything is calculated now) so I've always been suspicious. I've always found Jada Pinkett a little hard, but I've noticed a humorless in her acting and personality, and now this all makes sense. And it helps to understand that the Scientology thematic underpinings in After Earth were not a fluke either, or Jaden telling kids, "We all need to drop out of school, they aren't teaching us anything anyway" translation- there is a school that is can teach you something and that is the school of Scientology.

I think Tony's excitement comes from exposing obvious hypocrisy and lying. I, for one, am grateful for this confirmation because I have a friend who heard them on a talk show and thought they sounded "great" - the kind of thing that might bring certain people look into and possibly join the church if there wasn't reportage like this. She was shocked when I suggested that they were Scientologists, and she didn't believe Louis Farrakan was encouraging his followers to study Dianetics and pay for auditing until I sent her a link where he actually acknowledges Hubbard and says, "I don't care if he is seen as a white devil or not he has something to teach us, or something to that effect. We need major exposure on how Scientology is actively trying to recruit in the black community.

If the Smith's are going to promote Scientology, then they need to take responsibility for what the organization is doing in the world - and they haven't had to experience that kind of backlash - yet.

Last edited:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I'm grateful for this story. I don't know if it is worth staying up all night for - I think Tony is considering the long term significance of a post like this. But I think he is so immersed in his anti-Scientology work, things like this excite him to no end. I appreciate his passion, but he might want to stay away from "teasers" unless he's leaking a new high profile lawsuit, or the Leah Remini developments, Nazanin Boniadi, stuff like that.

That being said, this story is important because it really lifts the lid off the idea that the Smith just "dabble" in Scientology from time to time, or appreciate "all religions" and have looked at Scientology but not committed, as they like to suggest in interviews. One of the reasons I really loved the unauthorized Tom Cruise biography a few years ago by Andrew Morton was because he described the systematic way that Tom Cruise was befriending specific people to reach certain demographics of the population (Victoria and David Beckham for U.K., Jennifer Lopez for Latinos, Will and Jada for blacks, Tom doing Valkyre the film to help with public relations in Germany - everything is calculated now) so I've always been suspicious. I've always found Jada Pinkett a little hard, but I've noticed a humorless in her acting and personality, and now this all makes sense. And it helps to understand that the Scientology thematic underpinings in After Earth were not a fluke either, or Jaden telling kids, "We all need to drop out of school, they aren't teaching us anything anyway" translation- there is a school that is can teach you something and that is the school of Scientology.

I think Tony's excitement comes from exposing obvious hypocrisy and lying. I, for one, am grateful for this confirmation because I have a friend who heard them on a talk show and thought they sounded "great" - the kind of thing that might bring certain people look into and possibly join the church if there wasn't reportage like this. She was shocked when I suggested that they were Scientologists, and she didn't believe Louis Farrakan was encouraging his followers to study Dianetics and pay for auditing until I sent her a link where he actually acknowledges Hubbard and says, "I don't care if he is seen as a white devil or not" - he has something to teach us. We need major exposure on how Scientology is actively trying to recruit in the black community.

If the Smith's are going to promote Scientology, then they need to take responsibility for what the organization is doing in the world - and they haven't had to experience that kind of backlash - yet.

She is a former employee of a high-profile celeb who's started singing like a canary. That's right up there with a high profile defection to some...

It's just unfortunate that George Zimmermann got his pathetic ass arrested on the same day Tony broke the story. Much more schadenfreude value in him than Scn right now. Scn comeuppance is well underway - his is just starting.