What's new

Tony O exposes Virginia Stewart's lies regarding disconnection (ESMB gets a mention)

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
You gotta read this!

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/01/scientology_virginia_stewart_allen_wright.php

In this article Tony carefully pulls apart Virginia's lies about disconnection. She disconnected from her own father for 23 years because he left Scn and went to study under Bill Robertson.

On Thursdays, we bring you Scientology news from around the globe. And this week, we were planning to note that Australia's television program A Current Affair had done a nice job on a story we brought you earlier, about Ramana Dienes-Browning and her hellish 8 years on Scientology's private cruise ship, the Freewinds.

But then, our plans for a brief item about the Australian program changed, as we learned more about the chatty church spokeswoman who appears in it, Virginia Stewart...
Read more at the Voice.... :biggrin:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Re: Tony O exposes Virginia Stewart's lies regarding disconnection (ESMB gets a menti

Tony O is as awesome as ever... but I worry about him.

His output has been so prolific recently that I fear he might attract direct action, either at the orders of management or from some misguided Hubbard apologist acting on his or her own initiative. I know that OSA is much diminished from what it formerly was, and that the public (and law enforcement, and legislators) are wise to a lot of Scientology trickery now... Still, Tony's landing some pretty heavy blows against the abuses and idiocy of Scientology, and he seems to have stepped up the pace to be just about daily.

Is it really safe to be so vocal a critic of Hubbard and his lunatics, now? Maybe I missed the memo.

But good on yer, Tony. Balls of steel, and all that. And please be careful, all who spread stories of Scientology's weirdness. The remaining members of the cult are more likely to be the particularly disturbed ones, and the ones with reason to feel desperate. It worries me.

NCSP

Patron Meritorious
Re: Tony O exposes Virginia Stewart's lies regarding disconnection (ESMB gets a menti

Tony O is as awesome as ever... but I worry about him.

His output has been so prolific recently that I fear he might attract direct action, either at the orders of management or from some misguided Hubbard apologist acting on his or her own initiative. I know that OSA is much diminished from what it formerly was, and that the public (and law enforcement, and legislators) are wise to a lot of Scientology trickery now... Still, Tony's landing some pretty heavy blows against the abuses and idiocy of Scientology, and he seems to have stepped up the pace to be just about daily.

Is it really safe to be so vocal a critic of Hubbard and his lunatics, now? Maybe I missed the memo.

But good on yer, Tony. Balls of steel, and all that. And please be careful, all who spread stories of Scientology's weirdness. The remaining members of the cult are more likely to be the particularly disturbed ones, and the ones with reason to feel desperate. It worries me.

I'm sure that if anyone knows the risks of speaking out, it's Tony. If I were him, I'd be more worried about being fed disinformation that could then be used to discredit me professionally. But he's a good enough reporter that I don't think we need to fear that too much.

Good twin

Floater

I agree Freeminds. I find it really exciting but a bit frightening at the same time. There have been some body parts found in Hollywood recently. Every time I hear about it on the news I wait to see if there might be a Scientology connection.

There really are no limits to what Scientologists might do.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron

You gotta read this!

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/01/scientology_virginia_stewart_allen_wright.php

In this article Tony carefully pulls apart Virginia's lies about disconnection. She disconnected from her own father for 23 years because he left Scn and went to study under Bill Robertson.

I thought a great quote from this video was "The mind control is so insidious that the people who are perpetrating it don't know they are doing it"

Similar to this well known quote "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing you he didn't exist"

Sindy

Crusader

I'm sure that if anyone knows the risks of speaking out, it's Tony. If I were him, I'd be more worried about being fed disinformation that could then be used to discredit me professionally. But he's a good enough reporter that I don't think we need to fear that too much.

Yes, I also see what Freeminds is saying but, since Tony has decided to take them on (with all of us) then the more visibility the better. He needs to keep plugging now until the entire world sees him as the expert journalist on the cult's ass. He needs to be visible. They can play their cloak and dagger bullshit games but out in the open, where all the world can see, is probably the best place he can be.

He is not alone. :)

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Yes. Lovely mentions of ESMB (and a link!) and Ems. :)

One huge advantage Tony Ortega has is that by both publishing lots of fairly accurate articles and by being a real journalist and doing due diligence and his own research and so forth is that he has built up a large following of knowledgeable exes and critics. And these people feed him lots of fast leads to stories so he gets scoops. As well as comment voluminously on his pieces giving him even more data in the feedback.

Paul

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

Well done Tony. Cult spokeshole being exposed as a liar and a hypocrite. Yet again.

And, I noted the contribution of a certain Michelle Sterling. :) Anyone would think that the cult had done something to royally piss off this formidable woman and make her determined to even the score.

But of course the cultists in the Cult of Scientology can’t see that. They just blindly attack, attack, attack, never realising that they create more and more enemies for themselves.

I’m feeling generous, so here’s a bit of free advice for OSA – there are plenty more ‘enemies’ waiting to put the boot into your silly little cult. There is only one way to stop that from happening and that isn’t by telling more lies and trying to stamp on the Critics In Present Time.

Hmmm, maybe I’m being a little too oblique here – we’re dealing with cultists who can’t think logically and spot the source of the problem after all – so I’ll explain it in simple terms.

OSA – you attacked Michelle and tried to get her sent to prison. This made her a bit angry (not to mention a whole load of other people, including me). She didn’t forget this, and when the opportunity arose, she said something to the right person. This has resulted in even more bad PR for your ‘church’. You have also made a lot of other people angry. They are waiting to put the boot in as well.

Every time you try to attack a ‘critic’ it rebounds and hits you in the ‘nads. And more importantly, creates more enemies lining up to put the boot in. Your current policy is creating more enemies than you can possible stop, no matter how many PIs or law firms you hire, or police forces you try to buy.

You are right in the path of a Tsunami and the only way you can stop it is to tell the truth, admit what you have done and get rid of the problem (hint – Slappy is his nickname, and for good reason).

Remember, you reap what you sow.

Axiom142

Smilla

Ordinary Human

I just totally Love and admire everyone involved in bringing this to light.

FoTi

Crusader

I agree Freeminds. I find it really exciting but a bit frightening at the same time. There have been some body parts found in Hollywood recently. Every time I hear about it on the news I wait to see if there might be a Scientology connection.

There really are no limits to what Scientologists might do.

:omg: Body Parts???? :omg:

Where did you hear about that? :nervous:

When I lived near Big Blue for about 7 years. During that time there were two naked dead bodies that were found when the sun came up in the morning. One was a lady who was prostituting in the neighborhood to pay for her drug habit. A Scientologist tried to help her to get off drugs.....took her to Narconon......she left after a couple of days, then called him to help her go back.....he did. A couple of days later she was stripped naked, murdered and left on the sidewalk......she was an example to the others in the area who might want to back out of the prostitution/drug connection. People in the neighborhood heard her being murdered.....she was screaming. The people who lived there and saw what was going on did nothing....said nothing....didn't report it.....they were too scared. She was married with several children....I think she was 25. Hollywood is a crazy town where crazy things happen. There are many gangs and lots of drug trade. I doubt that Scientologists would go so far as to chop up someone's body and leave parts here and there.......but.....I could be wrong.....I just can't see that happening.....unless one of them is just psycho to begin with and would have done it anyway, whether they were involved in Scientology or not. But....then again....there are people like Rex Fowler, so what do I know? :confused2:

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

:omg: Body Parts???? :omg:

Where did you hear about that? :nervous:

Excerpted from Jan 19 article at http://newsone.com/nation/associatedpress3/human-head-found-near-hollywood-sign/:
LOS ANGELES — An investigation unfolding near the iconic Hollywood sign in Los Angeles is playing out like a gory movie script, as police worked to identity a man whose body was found in parts over the past two days – first a head on Tuesday, then two hands and two feet on Wednesday. <snip>​
Paul

FoTi

Crusader

You gotta read this!

Cudos to Tony and thank you Emma for helping him out, and for posting this here for all to see. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Good twin

Floater

Thank you Paul. Yes, this is what I've been seeing in HLN on TV. I guess the downside to being off work for so long is I can fixate on all of my own paranoia even more than usual. Tomorrow when I see my doctor we are going to have a talk about sending me back to work.

Well done to Tony Ortega and of course Michelle Sterling and all the exes and critics who never give up or shut up. I may still be a fanatic in some ways. I still hope to see as much disclosure of as much truth as possible about what we all happened upon and bought into. Somehow I still think it's important for my sanity that some of the truth be told and the more the better.

:yes:

elwood

Patron with Honors

Excerpted from Jan 19 article at http://newsone.com/nation/associatedpress3/human-head-found-near-hollywood-sign/:
LOS ANGELES — An investigation unfolding near the iconic Hollywood sign in Los Angeles is playing out like a gory movie script, as police worked to identity a man whose body was found in parts over the past two days – first a head on Tuesday, then two hands and two feet on Wednesday. <snip>​
Paul

There was a similar case in LA about 60 years ago. Same perp?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Some of the comments from the article.

Mimi The Great 8 hours ago
You've astounded me again Ortega, magnificent job :)

As a non-scientologist, its almost unimaginableto fathom a parental bond being broken and ripped apart by a "religion".

Logically you have to ask yourself what religion would seek to destroy a family just because a difference of opinion. It's unimaginable because a real religion wouldn't do that, a cult would.

My best friend has two adult children that have been ordered to disconnect from her because of her resignation from the "church". Yes, they are adults but prior to the sudden disconnection, they were extremely close. In texts, the word DISCONNECTION is used, yet the church claims that policy no longer exists.

Let's ask the real question here, who in their right might would WRITE and ENFORCE such an asinine and cruel policy?? Whether it was cancelled or not,it is very much alive and well. I've seen it first hand.

As a mother, I can truly say it would destroy me completely to have one of my children turn away from me. I can't think of anything more devastating, crushing or inhumane.

They're clearing the planet of HUMANITY, nothing else.

Michael Hobson 6 hours ago in reply to sketto
Ron Hubbard cancelled Disconnection in 1968 because the policy was too often abused and because the #1 complaint in the Australian Inquiry (which resulted a total ban against Scientology in Australia) was family disconnection.

It was David Miscavige who ordered this policy reinstated in 1983 specifically for purpose of political control on his own and without the knowledge or permission of Ron Hubbard according to public statements by the late Robert Vaughn Young, who also stated that *he* was the actual author of the 1983 reissue.

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist

JustCallMeMary 5 hours ago in reply to Michael Hobson
I don't know why these lies about there not being a disconnection policy persist and keep being repeated by the church and some indies. There are ample Scientology policies and bulletins demonstrating that the practice is required when 'handling' the person is 'not possible'. Here are a few of the many written after 1968. These have never been cancelled and I dare you to tell me LRH didn't write them.

HCO Bulletin of 10 August 1973
PTS HANDLING
[..] That getting rid of the condition requires three basic actions: A. Discover. B. Handle or disconnect [..]
[..] If that suppression is located and the person handles or disconnects, the condition diminishes [..]
A PTS person can be markedly helped in three ways: (a) gaining an understanding of the tech of the condition (b) discovering to what or to whom he is PTS (c) handling or disconnecting...[..]
[..] So you ask him if he wants to handle or disconnect. Now as sparks will really fly if he dramatically disconnects and he can't see how he can, you persuade him to begin to handle on a gradient scale[..]
[..] You can get complexities such as a person being PTS to an unknown person in his vicinity that he may have to find before he can handle or disconnect.[..]

HCO Bulletin of 31 December 1978 Issue II
OUTLINE OF PTS HANDLING

[..]Once spotted, the potential trouble source can be assisted in working out a handling for that terminal, or more rarely, in deciding to disconnect from that person.[..]

HCO Bulletin of 16 April 1982
MORE ON PTS HANDLING
[..] The reasons he cannot handle are because he tries to do it in the heroic fashion that is required in a disconnect.[..]

Xenu 3 hours ago in reply to sketto
Since I worked for HCO during the '70s, I thought I'd chime in with what I personally witnessed during those years.

Hubbard actually DID cancel disconnection in March of 1969, after Australia had cracked down, and New Zealand was on the verge of outlawing the cult. Not only did he cancel disconnection, he also banned Fair Game, sec checks, and the recording of what went on in auditing sessions. Way cool, huh?

The only problem, was that the policy letter cancelling those things was only issued to the NZ government commission that was considering the banning of Scientology. No copy was ever sent to any org or mission, no copy appears in any compilation of policy, or on any course checksheet. Only a handful of staff, directly involved in producing and sending this PR fabrication to NZ, ever saw it. The only way we know it ever existed was because former cult shill Omar Garrison mentioned it in a book, and provided an excerpt there. But Garrison's book was not Source, and it was only published years later, so it did nothing to change the way things were done in Scientology organizations.

I oversaw a ton of disconnections during the '70s, and had to disconnect from a couple of people myself. I personally saw that they continued to happen at major Class IV and SO orgs just as they always had. Nothing changed, because "if it isn't written it isn't true," and none of us had ever seen any issue banning disconnection. Had we ever seen that supposed policy, we would also have stopped writing down what happened in auditing sessions, and anyone who has ever seen a PC folder from later than March '69 can tell you that never happened. Sec checks and Fair Game also continued as before, despite the wholly disingenuous sham of a policy change.

Andre Tabayoyon, and various other posters here, who were in HCO during the '70s, can easily vouch for me on this. Even public from the '70s can probably do so, since disconnections were quite common.

Synthia Elizabeth Fagen 8 hours ago
Someday, maybe, Virginia will thank you for this piece as it is beautiful even if it would be hard for her to confront.

Virginia, come on out. There is love out here. There is hope and there is freedom. Stop lying for this cult. It is not good for your health.

Heather Grace 7 hours ago
A dreadful story, beautifully told, Tony. Thanks.

It's disturbing to watch Virginia lie so easily and appearing not to care about the people she is defaming. But I hear that every now and again she finds herself wanting to break free of the Sea Org. I hope she does. We'll be here to help her if and when.
LightOfTruth123 and 7 more liked this

JustCallMeMary 7 hours ago in reply to Heather Grace
Breaking free of the Sea Org is not breaking away from the church. Regarding both, however, the church would jump on her in a heartbeat if there were such. She is part of OSA. If she were desiring to leave either, we would be the last to know. She knows how to keep a secret and how to extract one. That's her job and the job of her superiors.

And many more... http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/01/scientology_virginia_stewart_allen_wright.php

Zhent

Leakus Maximus

Sounds like a great excuse for another ACA follow-up! Although who wants to bet Virginia would not be making an on video appearance for this one? :wink2:

Terril park

Sponsor

Well done Tony. Cult spokeshole being exposed as a liar and a hypocrite. Yet again.

And, I noted the contribution of a certain Michelle Sterling. :) Anyone would think that the cult had done something to royally piss off this formidable woman and make her determined to even the score.

But of course the cultists in the Cult of Scientology can’t see that. They just blindly attack, attack, attack, never realising that they create more and more enemies for themselves.

I’m feeling generous, so here’s a bit of free advice for OSA – there are plenty more ‘enemies’ waiting to put the boot into your silly little cult. There is only one way to stop that from happening and that isn’t by telling more lies and trying to stamp on the Critics In Present Time.

Hmmm, maybe I’m being a little too oblique here – we’re dealing with cultists who can’t think logically and spot the source of the problem after all – so I’ll explain it in simple terms.

OSA – you attacked Michelle and tried to get her sent to prison. This made her a bit angry (not to mention a whole load of other people, including me). She didn’t forget this, and when the opportunity arose, she said something to the right person. This has resulted in even more bad PR for your ‘church’. You have also made a lot of other people angry. They are waiting to put the boot in as well.

Every time you try to attack a ‘critic’ it rebounds and hits you in the ‘nads. And more importantly, creates more enemies lining up to put the boot in. Your current policy is creating more enemies than you can possible stop, no matter how many PIs or law firms you hire, or police forces you try to buy.

You are right in the path of a Tsunami and the only way you can stop it is to tell the truth, admit what you have done and get rid of the problem (hint – Slappy is his nickname, and for good reason).

Remember, you reap what you sow.

Axiom142

Caught between Scylla and Charybdis.

On one hand the "footbullet", on the other the "boot in".

Such is the delightful symetry one may find in life. :)

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Another

Vistaril 7 hours ago in reply to JustCallMeMary
Yep, all true. Disconnection is a fundamental aspect of KSW Standard Scientology Tech, as per:

Tape: 6505C18 “Organization and Ethics”

Tape: 6506C08 “Handling the PTS”

HCO PL 23 Dec. 65RA Rev. 10.9.83 SUPPRESSIVE ACTS, SUPPRESSION OF SCIENTOLOGY AND SCIENTOLOGISTS

HCO PL 7 March 1965RB I, SUPPRESSIVE ACTS, SUPPRESSION OF SCIENTOLOGY AND SCIENTOLOGISTS

HCO PL 5 Apr. 65 - HANDLING THE SUPPRESSIVE PERSON, THE BASIS OF INSANITY

HCO PL 7 Aug. 65 - SUPPRESSIVE PERSONS, MAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF

Tape: 6608C02 “Suppressives and GAEs”

Tape: 6608C25 “The Antisocial Personality”

HCOB 27 Sept. 66 THE ANTISOCIAL PERSONALITY THE ANTI-SCIENTOLOGIST

HCOB 24 Apr. 72 I C/S Series 79 PTS INTERVIEWS

HCO PL 3 May 72R Exec Series 12 Rev. 18.12.77 ETHICS AND EXECUTIVES

HCOB 10 Aug. 73 PTS HANDLING

HCOB 29 Dec. 78 THE SUPPRESSED PERSON RUNDOWN

HCOB 31 Dec. 78 II OUTLINE OF PTS HANDLING

HCOB 31 Dec. 78 III EDUCATING THE PTS THE FIRST STEP TOWARD HANDLING: PTS C/S-1

HCO PL 20 Oct. 81R PTS TYPE A HANDLING Rev. 10.9.83

HCOB 8 Mar. 83 HANDLING PTS SITUATIONS

HCOB 10 Sept. 83 - PTSness AND DISCONNECTION

. . . inb4 apologists say "but, but but . . . it was cancelled".

JustCallMeMary 7 hours ago
RIP Allen Wright. You tried. That's what counts.

Veda

Sponsor

Some of the comments from the article.

Thanks for posting these.

The fourth letter down by Xenu in reply to Sketto hits the nail on the head.

Here's a little more background: From Volume One of the OEC Course, HCO Division, a.k.a. a Green Volume, from 1974, HCOPL dated 23 December 1965, 'Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists', and on page two of that HCOPL there is a list of suppressive acts over forty lines long - most of the page.

"Suppressive acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce, or impede Scientology or Scientologists...

"[Such suppressive acts include] public disavowal of Scientology... public statements against Scientology.

"[Suppressive acts also include] continued membership in a divergent group; continued adherence to a Suppressive Person or group pronounced a Suppressive Person or group by HCO; failure to handle or disavow or disconnect from a person demonstrably guilty of suppressive acts; being at the hire of anti-Scientology groups or persons..."

Disconnection was standard Scientology policy and practice in the 1970s.

When Hubbard's 1968 sham cancellation of Disconnection (and Fair Game) was seen to have created some amount of confusion, during a period of schism in the early 1980s, a decision was made to issue a reinstatement of Disconnection, but anyone seriously involved with Scientology in the 1970s knows that disconnection was never discontinued. Handle or disconnect was always standard practice, no matter how it was disguised or named.

Last edited: