What's new

tony O - new post scientology spy

Len Zinberg • 2 hours ago
No one who has worked or volunteered to be a part of Scientology's massive spying apparatus is a saint. Quite the opposite. We have hurt innocent people, justified it, and in the process emboldened and strengthened an evil organization.

Scientology is akin to the Mafia and the witnesses with direct knowledge are seldom choirboys. Think Sammy "the bull" Gravano, a low-life killer himself, whose testimony put away Gotti.

Whenever I think of those Scientologists I knew who still remain silent; people like Jerry Hines, Kathy and Andy Savas, Charlie Batdorf, Jimmy and Jeff Marino, and George Pilat, all in their late 60's or '70's today...I wish they'd come forward and tell what they did, instead of carrying their "secrets" to their graves.

Their victims are owed the truth after all these years, as are all victims of Scientology...including themselves.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/03/19/a-...-war-with-david-miscavige/#comment-2578210803

Hi Len - I thought I'd mention - the last time I saw Charley Batdorf, he was at Flag - he was doing the basics ( I think that was the course he was on - I had to do them on my spare time, when I wasn't in session, or maybe the congresses) and interestingly he was going through them with a lap top, used as an online dictionary, and making careful notes, cross referencing one LRH comment against others in great detail. Now, of course, it is laughable to me, but then I admired it. I took extensive notes of tapes when I did the BC, but sometime after I was declared, and I realized that Scientology was pretty much a con, I tossed them.

Did you ever know these guys? Duke Snider and Joe Lisa and Henning Heldt. I met both Joe and Henning ( and his wife Mary) back at NYO. Duke I met in LA when I was on the FSC OT Committee in LA. I was surprised just how many GO staff came from the ranks of New Yorkers, including Jimmy Mulligan and some of the others Tony mentions in his book on Paulette.

Anyway - I don't know how Skip plans to war with Scientology, but I wish him all the luck in the world.

EDIT : By the way - if OSA hassles you Charley, for my post, my apologies. I have been on the receiving end of their "care" about posts by others about me, and have paid for the subsequent sec check. It's kinda late for me to do anything about it now that I already posted, but, like I said, sorry, I wasn't thinking it through.

Mimsey

Last edited by a moderator:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'd rather these guys come forward and speak rather than not. Anyone who committed crimes for the cult was/still is brainwashed under the "greatest good" banner.

I want to support them when they come forward because the world needs to hear the truth, but it is also hard not to judge them. They come forward ONLY when they are getting the same treatment they dealt out to others, and you just want to say "Karma's a bitch ain't it?" A lot of comments on Tony's blog seem to be saying that.

Still, it's more important that they come forward and we should try to make it safe to do so. But they usually need a LOT of time to decompress before they stop glorifying Hubbard and see the full picture of what they were a part of. See Rathbun et al for examples.

Right now, this guy is probably just hating the Miscavige regime and still thinks Hubs was a glorious savior.

Veda

Sponsor
Hi Len - I thought I'd mention - the last time I saw Charley Batdorf, he was at Flag - he was doing the basics ( I think that was the course he was on - I had to do them on my spare time, when I wasn't in session, or maybe the congresses) and interestingly he was going through them with a lap top, used as an online dictionary, and making careful notes, cross referencing one LRH comment against others in great detail. Now, of course, it is laughable to me, but then I admired it. I took extensive notes of tapes when I did the BC, but sometime after I was declared, and I realized that Scientology was pretty much a con, I tossed them.

-snip-

EDIT : By the way - if OSA hassles you Charley, for my post, my apologies. I have been on the receiving end of their "care" about posts by others about me, and have paid for the subsequent sec check. It's kinda late for me to do anything about it now that I already posted, but, like I said, sorry, I wasn't thinking it through.

Mimsey

Is there some reason why you'd think Charlie Batdorf might look at ESMB, other than being shown a quote during an Ethics handling?

Charlie Batdorf was an acquaintance (class mate) of a friend. I met Charlie (briefly) before he became involved in Scientology, when he first joined and, for a time, on and off, after he joined.

IMO, he was lonely and looking for friends and for an "identity." I can recall him telling me about his first trip to the Org and his being told that he was "mellow." He liked being told that, and was a sitting duck for Scientology's "love bombing" and "validation."

Soon after, he joined staff and became a "test evaluator," meaning he gave the personality analysis test to "raw meat" and then explained to them that they needed Scientology services to correct their "ruin," etc.

Then he graduated to the Guardian's Office, where he thoroughly enjoyed what seems to have been his more prized identity (other than being a Scientologist) of being a super cool 007 secret agent type.

I didn't see Charlie for some years after that and, when I did see him, he stood by, bewildered, and listened, as I discussed with his wife (an Org executive) my disagreement with the recently held Mission Holders' Conference.

My last memory of Charlie was him disapprovingly shouting - from about 100 feet away - "So you're a squirrel!"

It would be very surprising if Charlie ever left corporate Scientology. IIRC, he's been "in," now, for 45 years.

Is there some reason why you'd think Charlie Batdorf might look at ESMB, other than being shown a quote during an Ethics handling?

Charlie Batdorf was an acquaintance (class mate) of a friend. I met Charlie (briefly) before he became involved in Scientology, when he first joined and, for a time, on and off, after he joined.

IMO, he was lonely and looking for friends and for an "identity." I can recall him telling me about his first trip to the Org and his being told that he was "mellow." He liked being told that, and was a sitting duck for Scientology's "love bombing" and "validation."

Soon after, he joined staff and became a "test evaluator," meaning he gave the personality analysis test to "raw meat" and then explained to them that they needed Scientology services to correct their "ruin," etc.

Then he graduated to the Guardian's Office, where he thoroughly enjoyed what seems to have been his more prized identity (other than being a Scientologist) of being a super cool 007 secret agent type.

I didn't see Charlie for some years after that and, when I did see him, he stood by, bewildered, and listened, as I discussed with his wife (an Org executive) my disagreement with the recently held Mission Holders' Conference.

My last memory of Charlie was him disapprovingly shouting - from about 100 feet away - "So you're a squirrel!"

It would be very surprising if Charlie ever left corporate Scientology. IIRC, he's been "in," now, for 45 years.
Ya - I know about being in a long time. It was an after thought, my adding the edit, and likely would never be seen by him. Whatever. I am PMing you. Mimsey

Paulette Cooper

Re: tony O - new post scientology spy - Batdorf

Charlie Batdorf went to jail for 8 months rather than reveal what he knew about what was done to me, especially with Operation Freakout. If he ever gets out... I'd love to talk to him. I am one of his victims.
Paulette Cooper

Re: tony O - new post scientology spy - Batdorf

Charlie Batdorf went to jail for 8 months rather than reveal what he knew about what was done to me, especially with Operation Freakout. If he ever gets out... I'd love to talk to him. I am one of his victims.
Paulette Cooper
Did you know for several years your book was in the qual library at the New York Org? They had no idea it was there. This was back in the early 70's LOL Mimsey