What's new

Tony Ortega Scientology’s Georgia Drug Rehab Hit with Double-Barreled Media Onslaught

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Tony Ortega at the Ortega Underground Bunker posted about his latest article

"Narconon's nightmarish year continues as a remarkable media firestorm has started in Atlanta. We wrote earlier about Patrick Desmond's 2008 death and his family's lawsuit this summer, and were outraged by some of the deceptive Scientology practices outlined in court documents. Now, a coordinated expose by local radio and television is exploding this story in a remarkable way."

Read the article here:
Scientology’s Georgia Drug Rehab Hit with Double-Barreled Media Onslaught
http://ortegaunderground.wordpress....gia-hit-with-double-barreled-media-onslaught/

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Tony Ortega Scientology’s Georgia Drug Rehab Hit with Double-Barreled Media Onsla

Great work Mary. Please remember to breathe now and then.:yes:

Terril park

Sponsor
Re: Tony Ortega Scientology’s Georgia Drug Rehab Hit with Double-Barreled Media Onsla

Tony Ortega at the Ortega Underground Bunker posted about his latest article

"Narconon's nightmarish year continues as a remarkable media firestorm has started in Atlanta. We wrote earlier about Patrick Desmond's 2008 death and his family's lawsuit this summer, and were outraged by some of the deceptive Scientology practices outlined in court documents. Now, a coordinated expose by local radio and television is exploding this story in a remarkable way."

Read the article here:
Scientology’s Georgia Drug Rehab Hit with Double-Barreled Media Onslaught
http://ortegaunderground.wordpress....gia-hit-with-double-barreled-media-onslaught/

Great stuff Mary. I didn't realise you were instrumental in all this info coming out.

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid

Great article!!

This one story here shows off the cult at its' criminal best and in a jurisdiction that will take it to the woodshed for its' long overdue whipping.

Thank you for your work on this and all you do for the cause Mary, great stuff!!

And kudos to Tony for keepin' on keepin' on!!

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

I do so appreciate Tony bringing more and more attention to the cult.

He is having a big hand in bringing down the cult.

Good work Tony !

AnonyMary

Thank you all for the compliments and encouraging words! However, all I did in regards to this media burst was alert the masses about the articles and shows. I did not coordinate this. Here is my reply to Tony, which I hope he allows to be posted there. It explains more in detail:

Thank for reporting on this, Tony! I'm glad Dave Touretzky brought this case to your attention and appreciate all that yo have written on it .

Atlanta WSB Radio's Pete Combs has spearheaded this 'media onslaught' and it is exciting that so many media outlets are working together to get this story out. I've been told that WSB's investigation is also is also going national via CBS Radio and possibly with prime time network TV.

Yes, it's true that Dave Touretzky and I have been actively working to get the word out about Narconon for many years now and I appreciate your acknowledgement and link to the Reachng For The Tipping Point Forum where I am an active member.

But on this particular Narconon of Georgia case, I would not have been able to accomplish much without the efforts and resources of former Narconon students, concerned residents of Georgia, and especially Reaching For The Tipping Point Forum, whose members of, like Ethercat, Social Transparency and mefree, have gone the extra mile in helping dig up and post incriminating documents in attempts to get at the truth out there about what Narconon of Georgia and the Department of Community Health (DCH) have or not have been doing. In an extraordinary brave step, 2 members of the forum filed a petition to the court, as members of the public interest, to support the plaintiff attorneys request to unseal records that Narconon did not want the public to see. One member doggedly hounded, and still hounds, DCN for documents they didn't want to give up.

And it is these efforts combined that have lead to this media onslaught by reporter Pete Combs, a talented and bright guy who got a tip to come read about the case on the forum.
He's in that class with you, Tony. That class of reporters who see an important story that much be told, who GET what is going on with Narconon and Scientology, and who run with it wholeheartedly. We needed local media attention on this and we got it. And because Pete Combs knew this is a bigger story than just local, he brought in the forces.

Lastly, if it weren't for the persistence of the the Desmond family in wanting to know what happened to their son, and wanting justice when they found out, we wouldn't have this case, which is lead by stellar legal team bringing us what is the most damaging case against Narconon ever. The documents in this case will effect every other case brought against a Narconon in the future and that is delicious!

The deposition of Dr. Casal is one I regretfully did not make a point to read until now, so I appreciate everyone digging into it and your writing about it, too. There is a treasure trove of information to be found in these depositions, which all can be found here: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,8408.msg25711.html#msg25711

ps: Love the update, lol!! I heard rumor that Kasim Reed was Narconon of Georgia's attorney before he became the Mayor of Atlanta!

((huggs))
Mary

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

I do so appreciate Tony bringing more and more attention to the cult.

He is having a big hand in bringing down the cult.

Good work Tony !

Yes, good work Tony! I suspected that he had gone from mere observer to true believer at some pont. The fact that he set up a wordpress blog to keep up the momentum seems to confirm this.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you for all that you have done on this case, Mary - I do love your modesty :biggrin:

I hope that this case continues in the public eye as it has the potential to bring down the entire NarCONon network and its sciloon connections.:yes:

There's a LOT more to be uncovered here - stay tuned folks:coolwink:

Oh, and of course for the lurking OSAspawn still guzzling the CultAid:

FUCK YOU, OSA!!!:hysterical:

hehehehe:devil:

AnonyMary

Thank you for all that you have done on this case, Mary - I do love your modesty :biggrin:

I hope that this case continues in the public eye as it has the potential to bring down the entire NarCONon network and its sciloon connections.:yes:

There's a LOT more to be uncovered here - stay tuned folks:coolwink:

Oh, and of course for the lurking OSAspawn still guzzling the CultAid:

FUCK YOU, OSA!!!:hysterical:

hehehehe:devil:

:giggle:

(ps: From one fellow hard working critic to another :bighug: )

Near the top of this linked article are two docs that can be downloaded as PDFs.

Things That Shouldn't Be
Patrick Desmond OSA Report

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/local/narconon-scientology-connection/nSRr7/

“The executive director of Narconon International used to call into Arrowhead every day wanting to know… the gross income – GI – ‘what’s the G-I at?’ He wouldn't call and say ‘how many graduates do you have?’ He wouldn't call and say ‘What's your success rate like right now? How's your retention rate?’ He wouldn't ask those things, he'd call and want to know how much money was in,” said Catton.
Catton estimated that together, the Narconon facilities in the U.S. earn approximately $1 million a week in “G-I.”

“I’ve never seen anything like this in public before now,” he said. “For people to know that obviously there is a direct channel between Narconon and the churches and the church international… it completely refutes anything they’re trying to say that they are separate. There are orders taken, there are orders given that run back and forth. It is not an entirely separate organization. This demonstrates very clearly the connection between them. It’s not just the connection. It is a direct channel.”

Near the top-left of this linked article are two docs that can be downloaded as PDFs.

Things That Shouldn't Be
Patrick Desmond OSA Report

AnonyMary

Love that!! Thanks DB :)
Both are so damning. Glad they got Lucas involved!!

There will be more coming soon!!