What's new

Too Much Cruelty

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Interesting thread, kinda.

I never actually understood what the big (old) meltdown was all about. I even clicked the link that Emma provided and looked over the Threadus Horribillis --the first 500 posts or so until the dreaded "feels like OSA" post.

Then, on this incarnation of Alanzo, it was obvious there was a lot of unfinished, unsaid things. But I didn't know what he was talking about with the "ESMB is cruel" stuff.

I ignored it, figuring it would go away. But it continued.

I have no idea WHO exactly is supposed to be cruel.

Weird mystery.

And if someone posted something cruel, I have no idea why Alanzo doesn't just report it. Who is he defending that cannot report it themselves?

Then (more recently) posts recommending to others that they cure their cruelty. But WHO is supposed to need a cure for cruelty in the first place?

Seems kind of silly that whole threads get burnt through and I still have no clue who the cruel ones are.

Is anyone allowed to ask? LOLOLOLOLOL

You've got 7 stars so you must have the rank.:yes:

I never actually understood what the big (old) meltdown was all about. I even clicked the link that Emma provided and looked over the Threadus Horribillis --the first 500 posts or so until the dreaded "feels like OSA" post.

Then, on this incarnation of Alanzo, it was obvious there was a lot of unfinished, unsaid things. But I didn't know what he was talking about with the "ESMB is cruel" stuff.

Weird mystery.

And if someone posted something cruel, I have no idea why Alanzo doesn't just report it. Who is he defending that cannot report it themselves?

Then (more recently) posts recommending to others that they cure their cruelty. But WHO is supposed to need a cure for cruelty in the first place?

Seems kind of silly that whole threads get burnt through and I still have no clue who the cruel ones are.

We are reliving stuck 'encounter group' pictures. Early childhood pictures are in restim. There is a power struggle, with who knows where or what or when? However, it WILL be brought under control. Hang on to your beanbag.

JustSheila

Crusader

Weird mystery. Seems kind of silly that whole threads get burnt through and I still have no clue who the cruel ones are.

I don't get it either, and I was mostly there, and so were you.

Maybe we don't go far enough back, maybe we have to be original ORIGINAL ESMBers to get it. :biggrin:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I'm an original ESMBer and I don't get it.

All I know is that it was *that* thread that started it all.

JustSheila

Crusader
You've got 7 stars so you must have the rank.:yes:

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

TA is right, Emma, he has the rank. So.... is there a story behind the story behind the story? A box in the box in the box? A picture in the picture in the picture? Can we look at the inside of the inside of the inside of the locked boxes? Huh?

mexican-box.jpg

JustSheila

Crusader
I'm an original ESMBer and I don't get it.

All I know is that it was *that* thread that started it all.

That explains it, then. You were the first ESMBer, therefore, you started it. :biggrin: (whatever "it" is)
3416856308_youstartedit128552031297338467_xlarge.jpeg

Sucks to create things sometimes.

TA is right, Emma, he has the rank. So.... is there a story behind the story behind the story? A box in the box in the box? A picture in the picture in the picture? Can we look at the inside of the inside of the inside of the locked boxes? Huh?

mexican-box.jpg

For one of them contains cruelty
And one of them contains kindness
One of them contains a ping pong ball
to be played by the truly mindless.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

Sure - you got all day?

Anyway I'm sure my version of events would be different from Alanzo's version of events which would be different to Zinj's or Good Twins, or Carmels, or Dexters.

JustSheila

Crusader
Well what I saw when I was there was some people said Scientology sucks and other people said no, Scientology is fine, DM sucks, and other people said Scientology is fine, its just management that sucks and other people said that anyone who was ever on staff sucks, and some people said anyone who was just public sucks, and others said DM, L Ron Hubbard and Scientology all suck and others said Marty sucks, and some said no, Marty's fine, it's the Indies that suck, and others said no, the Indies suck but the FZers are fine, and the Indies said the FZers suck, and everybody was sure they were right and maybe they all were right in their way and maybe they all were wrong and then Marty took credit for something we did in Australia and OSA came down on him for it and we laughed but he thought that sucked.

oh yah, and somewhere in there Alanzo and Zinj left and they said ESMB sucks, too.

:shrug:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Well what I saw when I was there was some people said Scientology sucks and other people said no, Scientology is fine, DM sucks, and other people said Scientology is fine, its just management that sucks and other people said that anyone who was ever on staff sucks, and some people said anyone who was just public sucks, and others said DM, L Ron Hubbard and Scientology all suck and others said Marty sucks, and some said no, Marty's fine, it's the Indies that suck, and others said no, the Indies suck but the FZers are fine, and the Indies said the FZers suck, and everybody was sure they were right and maybe they all were right in their way and maybe they all were wrong and then Marty took credit for something we did in Australia and OSA came down on him for it and we laughed but he thought that sucked.

oh yah, and somewhere in there Alanzo and Zinj left and they said ESMB sucks, too.

Ay yi yi!

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
I find this "Drama" only stressful and I don't understand it too. I don't know what Alanzos problem is, "the heart of the problem", but I believe if I know, I won't understand it. In the past, some years ago I liked his posts and I enjoyed reading them. But know... :confused2: He is just making "trouble".

I find it just sad and decided to treat him like a troll, until I see a change in his "Drama beviour".

I am sorry, if my English is sometimes "harder", I work long, even with a dictionary, to write my posts... Sometimes I don't know the correct words and sometimes I don't know how to write them. :eyeroll:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

Heh. That sums up most of it nicely.

You are missing a chunk but it's probably better left unsaid.

JustSheila

Crusader
Heh. That sums up most of it nicely.

You are missing chunk but it's probably better left unsaid.

I leave that to your better judgement.

Of course, some members in each group asserted there were SPs or psychopaths or psychopathic SPs in one or more of the other groups.

It was quite a coupe for OSA, playing everyone against each other, spreading rumours, using past Scientology brainwashing in the exes, FZers, Indies, etc. and manipulating everyone's beliefs and emotions.

I'm sure it seemed to work.

It didn't. Everyone just regrouped and changed tactics and eventually became more accepting of each other than ever.

It wasn't your fault, or Alanzo's, or Marty's.

We're all stronger than ever, and winning more than ever.

Time heals. Winning against the nasty cult makes the wounds heal even faster.

Love ya Emma. :heartflower: :biglove:And I love ESMB, too.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
I find this "Drama" only stressful and I don't understand it too. I don't know what Alanzos problem is, "the heart of the problem", but I believe if I know, I won't understand it. In the past, some years ago I liked his posts and I enjoyed reading them. But know... :confused2: He is just making "trouble".

I find it just sad and decided to treat him like a troll, until I see a change in his "Drama beviour".

I am sorry, if my English is sometimes "harder", I work long, even with a dictionary, to write my posts... Sometimes I don't know the correct words and sometimes I don't know how to write them. :eyeroll:

I get ya just fine Nicole. Pretty sure most of us here do as well.

Sehnsucht versteckt, sich sie ein inseckt. (If that makes sense to you).

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
I just want to say I hear you Alanzo & I have to say that yes, on occasion, some things are posted that could be considered insulting. I posted a "butthurt" jpeg a couple of times in response to something you wrote. If you consider that insulting then I'm sorry.

I think we've all toughened up a bit over the years with exposure to Anon culture, and these quippy pictures are all over the place. But let me ask you, how is someone supposed to respond to someone who is having a big whinge at a situation that appears to be overblown or even manufactured?

I'm going to be really straight with you Alanzo.

You were like God around here from 2007 - 2011. People loved you & loved your wit & cleverness. I loved you too. Banning you broke my heart but not as badly as the reason I had to ban you. You hurt & upset a lot of people on your last crusade. Not just me.

Your absence from the board left a big hole. But over time we filled that hole & the board got its mojo back. You said in a post in your last crusade that "ESMB was 'done'". I think Zinj said something similar. To me it seemed you guys thought ESMB couldn't survive without you. However ESMB survived and became stronger over time as collectively we became more inclusive & less judgemental of people. It's not perfect but it improves all the time.

ESMB has been through a couple of wars & I don't think I'm alone in saying I don't want another one. Things are pretty good now but it wouldn't take much to ruin the delicate balance. From my perspective at least, you've appeared to return looking for things to complain about & things to bitch about. That's going to upset people.

Your concerns & warnings might be completely valid but you failed to take the temperature of the room before you started up. It just came across as "I'm back and I'm pissed & I'm gunna create some trouble" and off you went. It didn't go down well. And yes, you copped some "cruelty". The irony for me is that nothing you have been on the receiving end of recently even approaches the cruelty I've seen you dish out in the past.

So my advice to you (if you want to stay here & enjoy the board as you used to) is to be leave the crusades back in 2011 where they belong. You aren't the God of ESMB anymore. No one is.

I miss the funny, sweet, wonderfully insightful poster who I fell in love with on Beliefnet & who I was incredibly glad to welcome to ESMB. It that dude still around? I hope so. I miss him like crazy.

Take that and run with it, Al.

There comes a point in life where you just live it.

Conventional wisdom covers it:

Take the good with the bad.

You can get more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.

(although that might invite a cruel post re flies and shite...) :hysterical:

Sticks and stones...

Variety is the spice of life.

Get over it.

Grow up.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

STOP the ITSA.

Start. :biggrin:

I love you, man. :yes:

Free Being Me

Crusader

Weird mystery.

Hoax, it's The Nefarious Cabal, the sooper sekret inner circle behind the scenes here at ESMB. It's rumored all of them have Cracker Jacks decoder rings for translating hidden messages in posts to talk with each other, miniature Enigma Machines if you will. Very cloak and dagger. Supposedly, there are subliminal messages as well left by The Nefarious Cabal to subconsciously influence anyone reading their posts. Who knows what is really being said within any post! And who knows if anyone is acting of their own volition or if it's them? I've already said too much as it is (looks over shoulder nervously ready to initiate the self destruct protocol), be very careful talking about them ... shh. I have to go, someone is knocking at my front do ......

Good twin

Floater
I came to ESMB shortly after leaving the cult. I was a mission holder while in the cult and felt like I had a support system there. It wasn't just my staff and the Org and help clearing the planet. I had friends and family that were there for me. They helped me with life situations like childcare and transportation and housekeeping and meal planning and social interaction. When I left I was gutted.

ESMB became my support group. It was lovely. It was safe. There were times when I got nipped a bit as my views changed and I got more acclimated to the ways of the interwebs and real life. It was a healing and nurturing experience. I suppose I became possibly too dependent on ESMB, but it was part of my evolution and I will always be grateful.

When the "Be nice to newbies" thread was started I was confused. I wasn't opposed to being nice to newbies, but it seemed that there was a flip side to the message. It was like being nice to the regulars wasn't important or something. I tried to clarify what the message was about and I was treated pretty badly for questioning it. Feral tried to explain it all to me by pm, but he wasn't really acknowledging my concerns or needs. Finally Emma gave me the "don't let the door hit you in the ass" post. I think it was actually more close to "Have a nice life" but it hurt.

Now I can see it all as more of a growing experience for both me and ESMB. There was a lot going on behind the scenes and much wasn't fully explained or exposed. I resented Karen being introduced as a celebrity and the rest of us expected to sit quietly like mannerly school children. Her posting style was different than any other poster. She made huge announcements from the Indy world and never engaged in conversation. She didn't answer questions. She simply made announcements. Once I caught on to her posting style I learned to enjoy it. But I always wished I could just have a conversation with her. That is my style of interacting.

After I banned myself for awhile I realized that I still cared very deeply for the people I met here on ESMB. That includes the ones I was hurt by and the ones I lashed out at. I regained my respect for the people here as I realized we each are following our own paths and they are not in opposition. I also had to work out gaining my self respect. I went through some personal challenges that I had no tools to deal with. I had been a clam for over 30 years. That left me unprepared to deal with real life and real situations. But I found my feet and my time on ESMB was important in assisting me through that.

Now since Alanzo posted this thread I can see that I behaved badly and could have been more kind. It's a good message even though it does dredge up some rather unpleasant interactions.

I'm not being snarky or sarcastic or weaving some hidden agenda into this post. I understand that my motives are questioned sometimes based on my past behavior. It's just a heartfelt message to everyone on ESMB that who you are and what you do is appreciated and no one should be expected to be without flaws and emotions. We are human after all. We get angry and hurt and sometimes have cruel impulses. I, like Alanzo, am making an effort to not give in to cruel impulses. On a message board, much like real life, things get triggered from time to time. But being human and not homo novis means finding your heart and being kind to yourself and others.
GT

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Nice post GT.

Is this a good time to ask you whether you still believe that Mike Laws & Karen we sent by Marty Rathbun to ESMB to smooth the way for his takeover & that I was complicit in it by introducing Karen in a thread after I'd already sold my soul to Mike laws in exchange for money to assist me in my legal battle with the church which itself was an Indy OSA Op instigated by Mike Laws & Marty Rathbun to put me in a vulnerable position allowing them to buy me? (I think I have that right)

I'd really like to know seeing as it looks like this is hopefully being put to bed once & for all.