What's new

Travolta / Gotti Film release cancelled!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

There are about 100 glaring "tells" before the movie was ever released or reviewed that irrefutably proved that it was going to be a major box-office bomb.

i won't even try to list them but each one stood out like a flashing red police mars light.

example:

The musical track features several songs by PITBULL.

In a mafia movie.

Anachronous. Wrong genre. Something Gotti himself would have hated. Makes no sense.

REASON: To sell tickets to a young demographic.

WHY IT DIDN"T WORK: Because in 100 years of cinematic history people never did and never will make their movie going decisions based on who sang some of the songs. This shows the infantile, unsophisticated understanding of the film industry by Gotti's producers.

While we are on the subject of Gotti's producers, here's another excruciatingly obvious "tell" that the movie was cursed and destined for an ignominious disgrace:

Movies sometimes have a few producers, maybe a couple "PRODUCER" credits and perhaps 1-3 "EXECUTIVE PRODUCER" credits. That's the range for top flight "A" movies. Occasionally there are a few more freebie credits being thrown around to people who helped make elements of the cast or financing come together. But get a load of this clown show:

Produced by
Noel Ashman ... executive producer
Scott Atkins ... associate producer (as Scotty Atkins)
Ryan S. Black ... co-producer
Barry Brooker ... executive producer
Anthony Callie ... co-producer
Peter Capozzi ... executive producer
Fay Devlin ... executive producer
Lem Dobbs ... co-producer
Anson Downes ... executive producer
Alexander Eckert ... production executive
Randall Emmett ... producer
Maurice Fadida ... executive producer
Linda Favila ... executive producer
Marc Fiore ... producer
Thomas Fiore ... executive producer
Ted Fox ... executive producer
Arianne Fraser ... executive producer
Michael Froch ... producer
George Furla ... producer
Jon Galanis ... production executive
Scotty Gelt ... associate producer
Phillip Glasser ... executive producer
Wayne Marc Godfrey ... executive producer
Norton Herrick ... executive producer
Marty Ingels ... executive producer
Anthony Jabre ... executive producer
Robert Jones ... executive producer
Corey Large ... executive producer
Rob Logozio ... executive producer
Vince P. Maggio ... producer: NY Unit
Randi Michel ... executive producer
Keya Morgan ... executive producer
Vance Owen ... executive producer
Delphine Perrier ... executive producer
Rick Salomon ... executive producer
Steven Saxton ... executive producer
Kirk Shaw ... executive producer
William B. Steakley ... line producer
Mark Stewart ... executive producer
Timothy C. Sullivan ... co-producer
Dt Thomas ... executive producer
John Travolta ... executive producer
Michael J. Urann ... associate producer
Stan Wertlieb ... executive producer

That is a ludicrous joke! Anyone familiar with movie production knows this is a complete shit show with nobody in charge. If you are not getting the punchline, imagine that you went to the Louvre and next to the wall-sized painting there was an attribution plaque that listed close to 50 "Painters" that created the painting.

The joke inside the joke is that there is not even one credible "producer" or this movie could never have been made at the buffoonishly inept film that just was released.

Frank Capra ("It's a Wonderful Life") in his beautiful autobigraphy ("The Name Above The Title") devoted an entire chapter to his philosophy on making movies. He recognized that a well loved movie masterpiece is the fulfilled vision (in large part) of one great visionary. He called the concept:

ONE MAN-- ONE MOVIE.

I don't know what Gotti's 50 producers call their philosophy. Perhaps. . .

50 PRODUCERS -- ONE CHANCE TO GET SOME STREET CRED

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
is it possible that all those listed had put money into this film?

That the "producer" role was somehow corrupted and used to sell for money for, as said above...." street cred...?"

HelluvaHoax!

is it possible that all those listed had put money into this film?

That the "producer" role was somehow corrupted and used to sell for money for, as said above...." street cred...?"
A reasonable guess but not something that happens in the film industry.

Safe bet--not one of those "producers" put a dime into anything. If you are not familiar with that ecosystem, I'll just sum it all up in a few words.

NO MOVIES HAVE THAT MANY PRODUCERS. IT'S AN AMATEURISH CLOWN SHOW. ANY PROFESSIONAL WORKING IN THE INDUSTRY WOULD LOOK AT THAT LIST OF "PRODUCERS" (EVEN BEFORE SEEING THE FILM) AND LAUGH OUT LOUD.

I wonder if I can think of an apt analogy. Okay, imagine you are looking for a competent dentist to have a root canal. You narrow the list down to a few in your area and then look online at the "reviews" of that clinic and dentist. Instead of patient testimonials, his website has 50 photographs of dentists he personally met when attending various dental networking conventions. I know, it's absurd and ludicrously stupid, but that's what listing 50 "producers" looks like to a professional film maker.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

...okay, here; this is what a real roster of credits looks like on a real movie made by real filmmakers and producers.

goodfellas_original_film_art_spo_2000x.jpg

Even in another language you can see the film only has ONE producer, ONE executive producer and ONE associate producer.

The credits for "GOTTI" should have been presented as 50 clowns getting out of a tiny car.

lol

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
The producer is usually the money man. And sometimes there is a co-producer, but 50 of them? Nope. After the producer and co-producer are listed you just create a new category in the credits, something like Special Thanks To: .........50 names.

To do like these clowns on Gotti did is like Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder selling 600% ownership to their play. Ironically named The Producers, lol.

serveimage

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
"Something strange is going on and I’ll bet my house we find out
what it is this week. Audiences are packed and love the movie but
critics are bashing it with baseball bats :biggrin:"
John Gotti, Jr. (comment today)​
:coolwink:

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
. . .

Suppressive ticket takers in the ticket windows! Not reporting the troo stats!

HelluvaHoax!

. . .

Alas, cult members (Mafia, Scientology, et al) are always are profoundly perplexed when life doesn't do what their mythical, magical beliefs predicted with great certitude would happen.

The tale of the 3 Johns. . .

JOHN (Gotti): "Whoa! I wanted to become a Cosa Nostra boss so I could have total freedom to do whatever I wanted to do. Then I ended up trapped in a prison, who knew?!"
JOHN (Gotti Jr.): "Whoa! I wanted to become a Cosa Nostra boss so I could have total freedom to do whatever I wanted to do. Then I ended up trapped in a prison, who knew?!"
JOHN (Travolta): "Whoa! I wanted to become a Cause-a Nostra celebrity so I could have total freedom to do whatever I wanted to do. Then I ended up trapped in a cult, who knew?!"

Yeah, that's right JT, who knew? Only the bitter, blown SP apostates knew--not the OT Scientologists in good standing that have total knowingness. LOL

HelluvaHoax!

Weekend box office estimates are in

Gotti made $1,670,000 for the weekend.

A cartoon sequel (The Incredibles 2) made $180,000,000 for the weekend.

It's got to suck, knowing a cartoon made OVER ONE HUNDRED TIMES your gross.
LOL LOL LOL

The cure for Gotti's producers is to do the ENEMY FORMULA and find out who they really are.

When OT producer Travolta cognites that his most cherished beliefs are also really a cartoon (dreamed up by a hack sci-fantasy writer), maybe his stats will begin to reverse.

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Alas, cult members (Mafia, Scientology, et al) are always are profoundly perplexed when life doesn't do what their mythical, magical beliefs predicted with great certitude would happen.

The tale of the 3 Johns. . .

JOHN (Gotti): "Whoa! I wanted to become a Cosa Nostra boss so I could have total freedom to do whatever I wanted to do. Then I ended up trapped in a prison, who knew?!"
JOHN (Gotti Jr.): "Whoa! I wanted to become a Cosa Nostra boss so I could have total freedom to do whatever I wanted to do. Then I ended up trapped in a prison, who knew?!"
JOHN (Travolta): "Whoa! I wanted to become a Cause-a Nostra celebrity so I could have total freedom to do whatever I wanted to do. Then I ended up trapped in a cult, who knew?!"

Yeah, that's right JT, who knew? Only the bitter, blown SP apostates knew--not the OT Scientologists in good standing that have total knowingness. LOL

Alas, cult members (Mafia, Scientology, et al) are always are profoundly perplexed when life doesn't do what their mythical, magical beliefs predicted with great certitude would happen. Hoaxy

[bcolor=#ff0000] [/bcolor]
The above line of yours got me thinking something that could bode very poorly for Johnny Good-boy. And that is that I sure hope the mob didn't have a bundle riding on this film for Johny's sake. Hope he's not personally on the hook for any of it. Just something to keep in mind though.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
to do the ENEMY FORMULA and find out who they really are.
I've long wondered, if you don't find out who you really are until OT 8 isn't the enemy formula out-gradient for anyone below that to have assigned? And I mean to ask that from Scientology's perspective as I never did buy into "conditions of existence" - whew, bow down to L. Ron's sick imagination!

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

from THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER:

"Opening in far fewer theaters was Gotti, starring John Travolta as the infamous mobster John Gotti. The pic shot blanks in many of the 25 cities where it played, grossing a forgettable $1.6 million from 503 theaters despite Travolta's star status and a stop at the Cannes Film Festival, among other high-profile promotions. It is the lowest opening of Travolta's career for a movie rolling out across the country. . . . "

Wait, that's impossible!

That would mean that a super-upstat, fully trained, top-of-the-Bridge power-postulating OT's stats are crashing.

That would mean that either John went PTS or that the tech doesn't work.

Obviously the tech works, so John can handle this situation very simply by just applying more tech, and spot/handle the SP that caused his movie to bomb. It certainly wasn't John himself, so he should use advanced science[sup]1[/sup] to accurately find the SP so his stats immediately go back into power. Once spotted the SP will shatter and tens of millions of people will flood into the movie theaters demanding to buy tickets for Gotti, assuring mega-blockbuster status.

[sup]1[/sup] advanced science -noun: A fully charged e-meter.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
And he would be ordered to sec checks

And when he "got off his withholds" of the things he did while running John Gotti Senior's criminal empire (while he was in prison) John Jr. would have been INSTANTLY ROUTED OUT OF THE ORG AND DECLARED A CRIMINAL.
But...but...if he got off his withholds, then he'd have to kill the auditor, CS, and Ethics Officer. :eek:

HelluvaHoax!

I've long wondered, if you don't find out who you really are until OT 8 isn't the enemy formula out-gradient for anyone below that to have assigned?
LOL

Well, the key word is "gradient". Before OT VIII the being can do the Enemy Formula and the correct answer to "find out who you really are" is:

PRE-OT VIII ENEMY FORMULA (correct answer): I cognited I am really a Scientologist who needs, wants and intends to pay for and do my Bridge.

HelluvaHoax!

SOMEWHERE IN SCIENTOLOGY-LAND TODAY: An on-source, ethical Scientologist wrote a Knowledge Report on another Scientologist who is spread suppressive enturbulation by getting up and blowing in the middle of the movie GOTTI, being overheard to say: "That movie sucks sooooo bad, Travolta can't act worth shit, I wanna refund!"

And the person the KR was written on will be called on the phone by the Ethics Officer and urgently ORDERED to report to the org immediately. Then they will be issued a Non-ENturbulation order, assigned Treason and told to do a full O/W writeup on Travolta, Scientology Celebs and disclose all their crimes against artists.

And the offending Scientologist who dared to not love everything that people above him/her on the Command Channel says/does, will go along with the program, including a massive amends project to make up the damage done to Scientology and mankind.

Scientologists will feel really good about all this and enjoy splurging on many wins and floating needles.

HelluvaHoax!

Alas, cult members (Mafia, Scientology, et al) are always are profoundly perplexed when life doesn't do what their mythical, magical beliefs predicted with great certitude would happen. Hoaxy

The above line of yours got me thinking something that could bode very poorly for Johnny Good-boy. And that is that I sure hope the mob didn't have a bundle riding on this film for Johny's sake. Hope he's not personally on the hook for any of it. Just something to keep in mind though.

Nahhhhh, the mafia doesn't bankroll movies, they are too scam-savvy to get sucked in by Hollywood liars, lol.

I once was working on a film development deal and an associate said they had a capital source that could fund the not-small-budget project. I ended up going with the producer and director to meet the contact. They insisted on meeting at the race track.

A mafia associate, perhaps a made man, I didn't ask.

They listened intently to our pitch, their Sicilian black eyes gleaming all the while. Then, with a cunning old world patience, they slowly explained that while there might be funds somewhere to finance business ventures, "......money has to have a mommy and a daddy".

That was the end of the meeting.

In other words, illicit funds (from the rackets, drugs, robberies, extorted protection money, etc) can't JUST APPEAR OUT OF NOWHERE, it has to come from some place (be traceable and within the commercial and tax and banking system).

I don't know what I was thinking to pitch a mafia guy but when you are in the film industry raising money, you don't give a shit where the money comes from because (like "clearing the planet") what other choice is there? LOL

I probably felt safe because at one time when I was a Scientologist I actually audited a mafia-connected guy who was "the bank" for money on the street (gambling, numbers, loan sharking, etc). The org didn't send the guy to ethics, they liked the money he was paying for the auditing so that was the greatest good.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

For anyone interested, there is almost as much hyperbole, scheming, spinning and LYING in the film industry as their is in the cult of Scientology.

But, instead of promising to make people into worshipped Gods with supernatural powers, the movie rackets promise to make people into worshipped Movie Stars (a special kind of God) with supernatural bank account balances.

Here's a quick peek into the blatant lying and criminality that is part of why Gotti is a disaster. . . (aside from the simple and obvious fact that the producers didn't know how to produce, the director didn't know how to direct, the actors didn't know how to act and the writer didn't know how to write).

example: The hyperbolic lying bubble around why the movie was dumped by the previous distributor:
“It was never a matter of Lionsgate dumping the film,” Deadline reported. “An outside investor has backed ‘Gotti’ so that it could get a wide release in May, and Lionsgate was generous to let the film go.”

One of the film’s executive producers, Keya Morgan, late Wednesday confirmed that version of events to TMZ, saying his team believes the movie could “do gangbusters in wide release” and even position Travolta to again be considered for awards.

LOL. Lionsgate NEVER EVER would have released the film back to the producers or another distributor if they thought they could make money from it. They knew it was a bomb, so they were more than happy to bail out and let the "producers" pretend that it was a win that they got the film back.

Now, how about Gotti "Executive Producer" KEYA MORGAN saying that he predicts "gangbuster" box-office numbers and "awards"? LOL LOL LOL

What kind of lying freak would say such an outrageous pack of lies?

ANSWER: A con man.

Keya Morgan is a shady Hollywood character who is currently in the news for trying to steer legendary Marvel Comics founder and mega-rich old dude STAN LEE into a web of deceit and control of his vast fortune and portfolio of movie properties. Morgan was keeping Stan Lee under "house arrest" not giving anyone including family access to him. The police had to be called and a RESTRAINING ORDER issued against him for elder abuse and other charges.

see LINK

Anyways, that blockbuster with awards prediction has got to be the most ludicrous lie everyone on the Gotti film must have been feeding not only the press but each other for the past 11 years!