What's new

Travolta News . . . badda bing, badda boom!

Anonycat

Crusader
PETA won't let the producers dye them fake-tan orange for the shoot.

Color testing is underway, and test shoots start tomorrow.

Hedgehogs-685386.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I cannot believe a studio would do this story and cast such a lame star... I cannot believe the Gottis would sign off on this shite, I find it funny as hell that the cult would allow John T another acting travesty, especially one about the mob, especially after the BFE travesty. Given that the story is gross and horrendous (mob=not nice), wtf are they trying to prove? God/whatever help them if they/JT/producers try and portray the mob in any sort of sympathetic light. Are they fucking stupid? (rhetorical Q)
IMHO Travolta has lost his knob-gobblin-marbles, and the mobsters, though maybe trying to re-write history, are gonna haz pizza-faces.... kinda hope they put in a fortune for this one~ expecting huge returns.... *looks left* ~ *looks right* Bwahahahahahahaha! *looks under bed for horses head*

oi.

You are right, except this isn't a conventional "studio" movie. It is being funded in part by the special Cincinnati incentive/rebate program to induce movie makers to bring business to their city. It is a solution to not having enough production money, which is not a problem studios have when they get behind a film.

If it was a legit studio movie, they would never ever try to shoot a NYC mob movie in Cincinnati! LOL. Why not shoot it locally in California with Palm trees and give Gotti a bushy-bushy-blond hairdo and surf board? LOL

And, they would never ever ever ever cast Travolta as John Gotti, that's a bad joke waiting to happen.

WARNER BROS PRESIDENT
We are so happy to partner with you again
after our earlier blockbuster success with "Goodfellas"!
So, Marty, who do you plan to cast as
mafia boss & mass murderer John Gotti?

MARTIN SCORCESE
John Travolta.

WARNER BROS PRESIDENT
lolololololololololololololololololololololololol
No, really, who?​

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Color testing is underway, and test shoots start tomorrow.

Hedgehogs-685386.jpg

Dawwww, dey so cute! Too bad not so soft and cuddly though... *sad*

Travolta's real sekrit whepon??? Who knows :confused2:

Ha2PQlD.jpg

:p

0e824456ee43c16aa50a868164335f0d19a9c5df.jpg

On my trusty Popiel 'Predict-O-Bomb 87" the 'flop-rate' is 80 farthings.

:roflmao:

I'm so sorry guys an' gals, how the fuck can anyone keep a straight face looking at this next footbullet from JT and co., for a movie like this to actually move I think some talented 'unknowns' were needed. Regardlessly, I think it looks like a freak-show right from the git-go.

:coolwink:

HelluvaHoax!

If the producers are determined to cast John Travolta as John Gotti, is there any freakin' hope?

What "acting" advice would Don Corleone give to Johnny [STRIKE]Fontane[/STRIKE] Travolta?

TRAVOLTA
I've been cast as John Gotti but I can't act
like a homo sapiens because I am homo novi.
I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do...​

godfather-bitch-slap-o.gif

"You can act like a man!
(SLAP)
What's all this homo funny business? Whatsamatter with you?!"

HelluvaHoax!

On second thought. . .

This could be an outstanding opportunity for Travolta and the Church of Scientology. Like Tom Cruise did (during production of "WAR OF THE WORLDS") he could set up a special yellow VM tent to deliver vital services to cast/crew.

For example, the Volunteer Ministers could offer free "secondary" handling and grief counseling for bereaved family members of those murdered by John Gotti Sr. and Jr.

DAUGHTER OF JOHN FAVARA
...well, we were neighbors and good friends with the Gotti's and then one day,
quite tragically, the youngest Gotti boy --Frank Gotti--who was only 12
was riding a motorized mini-bike and he suddenly darted out between cars
into the street, right in front of my Dad's car. He was killed. That's when
all the trouble began. My dad and whole family was devastated and
we did everything we could to show our deepest condolences and regret.
Pretty soon after that someone spray painted our car with the
word "MURDERER!" and when my dad continued to try and apologize
Mrs. Gotti attacked my dad with a baseball bat. After more
death threats, we decided we better move. But before we
could pack everything, my dad, John Favara, suddenly disappeared.
He was tortured and murdered by John Gotti and then stuffed
into a concrete weighted barrel and dropped into the ocean. . .

helping-one-by-one.jpg

SCIENTOLOGY VOLUNTEER MINISTER
Un-fuckin'believable! Your prick father
was a piece of shit and got what was comin' to him!
I don't want to hear about your fuckin' grief charge or whatever--
What part of the the kid's murder can you take responsibility for?
Hey, if it was up to me, I'd put out a contract on you and
all youse family members, ya murderin' cocksuckers!

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Youze guys do not understand mobsters. To them JT is the Grease JT, the Pulp Fiction JT. They have vaguely heard of BFE if ever. $cientowhatmacallit? To those guys the tabloid "JT is a homo" rumours are just that, rumours,if they even heard of them. They think it's fantastic that a big star like JT is going to play Gotti in a movie. All of the stuff you think is obvious about JT is far, far away from these guys mentality...

Hob-nobbing with stars is like manna from heaven to those guys.

In Calif. in the late 90's I had a roommate from south Philly, named Pauly. He had a best friend named Pauly. In that time I got a good understanding of mob mentality through actually meeting several of them. Pauly was not "connected" as such but he had friends who had friends etc. I went to Old Man Bonanno's 90th in Tucson through Pauly. That was a hoot.

Believe me, they're not up to speed.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I can't believe you went there. LOLOL

For our international brothers/sisters of the board who may be experiencing MU phenomena. . .

Okay, people--use the term B&T in sentences until you feel good about it.

And don't forget to clay demo the word "Guido".

Dude.

You're asking some poor, unsuspecting Ozzie or Kiwi or Roastbeef to clay demo Guido?

With no background prep but a short dictionary entry on the B&T phenomenon?

You have to be hatted properly to clay demo that. Talk about an MU.

The best place to start hatting on the Guido phenomenon as expressed by those three examples of massive genetic mis-transcription is with the former blog of the late, lamented Rob Ihlenfeldt, Clublife.

First, you have to get the look.

guido-loompa.JPG

All of the look.

Then you have to study the taxonomy.

But, having immersed yourself in the culture, you run the danger of copying the bad behavior, so you need to read some sage pieces of advice for the aspiring Guido.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think he is a fair bit smarter than most of us imagine him to be....

I knew someone who claimed to have worked with him as an assistant or on a project or something. She told me he owned his own private bank. I suspect he is a lot more clever than he lets on.

Jump

Operating teatime
I knew someone who claimed to have worked with him as an assistant or on a project or something. She told me he owned his own private bank. I suspect he is a lot more clever than he lets on.

OR this is one of the tie-ins that the Co$ offers its celeb whales...

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I can't believe you went there. LOLOL

For our international brothers/sisters of the board who may be experiencing MU phenomena. . .

Okay, people--use the term B&T in sentences until you feel good about it.

And don't forget to clay demo the word "Guido".

As an American of Italian descent, born and raised in the Bronx, I can tell you that when I was a kid the word guido was as pejorative as the word 'spic' for Puerto Ricans and n****r for blacks. We (friends and cousins) would call ourselves Italians. Our families carried on some Italian traditions and ate fantastic Italian food. We even created an 'Italian' gang and wore dungaree jackets with an Italian flag on the back and an outline of the US.

Fast forward 35 years. I got to visit the small town in southern Italy where my maternal grandparents were born. They left this town after WWI and emigrated to the US. I learned a bit of Italian and a whole lot about actual Italian culture and I can tell you this. The 'Italian' culture of these 3rd and 4th generation families are about as Italian as a loaf of Wonder bread.

Over the decades, this rather small community of Italian-in-name-only people morphed into an almost unrecognizable, farcical caricature of Italian culture. The language became so mangled and bastardized that a (real) Italian cousin of mine who visited me said that listening to these 'Italians' speak "hurt his ears".

So now I think the term guido is an appropriate description of these gold-chain-wearing, saint-christopher-medal-wearing, spiky-hair sporting idiots. The men on the MTV show "Jersey Shore" are quintessential examples of this sub-culture.

And here is what Italians think of it:
Big Idiots

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
How are they ever getting anything on film when
they're mugging for so many vanity shots? Jesus!

c.jpg

"It was a beautiful role. All I had to do was find the character's center,
the stem I'd used to wind him up and he'd play, man, he'd play."
. . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Martin Weir, Get Shorty

d.jpg

:coolwink: