What's new

Travolta News . . . badda bing, badda boom!

Anonycat

Crusader
. . .
A little background about the movie . . . .

Breaking bread at a "sit down" in 2011 with Gotti Junior
at the Italian restaurant Amici in Brentwood.

View attachment 12845

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ks-approval-play-notorious-King-New-York.html

I suspect we have a few mob fanboys on the message board. :whistling:

Some classic photos in the article.

The article is 5.5 years old.
Fiore has said previously that the entire family has signed exclusives to be consultants on the film - which Fiore hopes to begin filming in summer 2011 - including Junior Gotti Jr who worked on the script.

I guess it's not going to happen.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Casting call for the movie in Cincinnati:

Anyone interested in being an extra on "The Life and Death of John Gotti" should
send a head shot and contact information to [email protected].

Producers are also looking for looking for vehicles from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s
for the movie, especially Buicks, Lincolns and Cadillacs. Anyone with a vehicle matching
that description is asked to email [email protected].

Cars like this one spotted in a Cincinnati neighborhood recently:

cincinati.jpg
:wink2:

Anonycat

Crusader
. . .

Anyone interested in being an extra on "The Life and Death of John Gotti" should

Producers are also looking for looking for vehicles from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s
for the movie, especially Buicks, Lincolns and Cadillacs. Anyone with a vehicle matching

View attachment 12850

Yes, it's on!

http://www.wcpo.com/entertainment/l...n-gotti-biopic-in-cincinnati-starting-july-25

Gib

Crusader
. . .

View attachment 12850

Is HH trying to move up the economic ladder?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

The article is 5.5 years old.

I guess it's not going to happen.

Thank God!

When I first read about it (appx 6 years ago) my immediate reaction was: "ONE OF THE WORST CASTING DECISIONS OF ALL TIME!"

Gotti was a brutal murderer with the obligatory thuggish rasp & threatening intimidation in his voice. Travolta's voice (off or on screen) is a high pitched joke. He can't act around it, it's always there.

Travolta can't play tough. He can't play evil. He's tried it. Miserable failure, actually laughable.

He's apparently stuck in that "Johnny Good-Boy" valence. LOL

Wait, here's something even more abominable than Travolta pretending to be John Gotti. Around 1983, there was another mafia film deal that almost got made. With Sylvester Stallone directing and starring, Travolta was going to be co-starring in Godfather III. (i think I just threw up in the theta universe)

HelluvaHoax!

Freaking unbelievable that they are going to make that film with Travolta.

For anyone who likes such esoterica, I'll relay something I find extremely fascinating that happened a few hours ago, related to this thread. I hadn't read the thread yet. I was bored out of my mind and looked to see if there was anything new on Pay-Per-View and I saw a quick description of a bank heist movie, one of my favorite genres. It was called "Marauders".

There were no reviews or stars, so I knew it was probably going to be horrible. And they were charging 8 dollars, a double insult. But, I thought--what the hell, let's try it anyways.

So a couple hours ago I watched Marauders. Well at least I tried to. Bruce Willis was in there so I thought, maybe at least it will have some redeeming action or SOMETHING! I had to keep fast forwarding through it and eventually just abandoned it completely. That's how bad it was.

But there was something that really bothered the hell out of me (besides the abysmal writing and performances) which was the casting of the FBI Agents. They didn't look or act like FBI agents. It was a joke! So after I turned the film off, i Googled that movie and some of the cast to see how freaking weird it was that they cast a guy who looked like a steroid-pumping, burnt out, 325 pound, alcoholic body builder as the co-starring FBI agent. Hideous casting, you have no idea, LOL Well here, look at the guy! LOLOL

Batista-600x600.jpg

FBI AGENTS DON'T LOOK LIKE THAT!

f482cd7e60ebcb0eae4b63b7668592c2.jpg

THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE THAT EITHER.

bb5d235aef6971486846eab4489fd86c

HE STILL LOOKS LIKE A STUPID MEATHEAD, EVEN WITH FAKE "FBI GLASSES"

I was just mystified why anyone would ever miscast so badly. Then I saw (Google) that he is a famous WWE wrestling star. So they apparently thought they would be able to sell movie tickets by just jamming him into the film anywhere. Bad idea, really bad.

I kept doing a little detective work to discover how that movie even got made (financed).

AHA!!!!!!

It was a special financing deal being offered by the city of Cincinnati. I won't go into the particulars but it can be worth 10's of millions of dollars of "rebates" to the production company to film there.

So THAT explains how Travolta (like former action star Bruce Willis) got the starring role in the Gotti movie. They needed some "names" to close the deal with Cincinnati to close the financing deal. People that work for the city of Cincinnati don't know that Bruce Willis doesn't mean anything to attracting box-office any more. But on paper it SOUNDS so good to amateurs if they have a "movie star" or a "WWE Wrestling Champion", LOL. Seriously, that's how some deals get made with wanna-be film financing sources.

So, in film parlance, let's cut to the chase. The movie is being driven by the money rather than the other way around. So you end up with Marauders, a complete disaster. Same will happen with Gotti. Guaranteed, it will bomb in theaters. It probably won't even play in theaters, it'll go straight to video just like Marauders.

If you read this far, I am shocked. But having worked in film I find this kind of stuff fascinating. Especially since I just looked all this up not even two hours ago, before reading this thread on Travolta.

HelluvaHoax!

. . .
View attachment 12852

“You guys are going to have to do
a piece of work for the family,”

Thanks for photo.

I see Travolta has been practicing his "menacing look". It'll work great in the Gotti movie.

Up until he has a line of dialogue and has to speak.

Then it's all a chipmunk-sounding, dwindling downward spiral.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
I remember from the "Mad" comics I used to read many moons ago (*sigh*) that they called him John Revoltya.

Seems to fit more and more as time goes on......