trepidatious

Dilpickle

Patron with Honors
Purple Rain says:

And to clarify, I do also wish you well and respect that your personal experience is positive. I know a lot of people here enjoyed aspects of their experience with Scientology and I am not disputing that or condemning it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I say: Thanks. That's good enough for me :)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Dilpickle, I suggest if you want answers to pedestrian questions like what causes basic psychological conditioning you enrol in Psychology 101 somewhere. Your responses geared around personal anecdote, like the infomercial or scientology success story type of "evidence", seem to push an agenda of how wonderful Scientology is. Well, it isn't. That's why most of us are here.

Hubbard was nothing special. Dianetics is nothing special. Scientology is not only nothing special, but full of the most evil policies to come out of one twisted, depraved homo sap mind.

If you want to use Hubbard's writings go ahead, but if you want any credibility, then learn how to think. Scientology cannot help you with that.

Good points!

Choosing to study Scientology in order to learn about the mind, body and spirit is like trying to choose a restaurant by reading online customer REVIEWS.

...and then, picking the restaurant called McHubbards that:

* Had the dead-last, dead-worst ratings of any restaurant with 99% of the customers giving it NO STARS (out of 5) and swearing that they would never, ever go back.

* Had customer Reviews that bitterly complained about exorbitant prices, not getting what they ordered, entrees that were obviously half-baked

* Chefs storming out of the kitchen and loudly berating them if they didn't like their meal.

* Being charged extra amounts if they felt ill after eating, in order train them to eat the food the correct and standard way.

* Having restaurant corporate executives come and sit at their table and demand that they donate money to the new remodeling to make the building more idea.

* Unnerving sounds coming from the kitchen that sounded like restaurant staff were being beaten and thrown into furniture.

* Multiple websites and books published that are filled with countless nightmarish customer experiences that include being imprisoned, driven insane, bankrupted and even killed.

* All of the food offered on the menu being fraudulently misrepresented by serving cheap, artificially flavored substitutes. For example, a scientific analysis of the "Deluxe Meat Loaf" rendering a compositional readout that was identical to the ingredients to canned food manufactured by a company called Purina.​

But, sure, if someone still wants to go eat at McHubbards after seeing all that, all I can say is:

bon appétit!

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good points!

Choosing to study Scientology in order to learn about the mind, body and spirit is like trying to choose a restaurant by reading online customer REVIEWS.

...and then, picking the restaurant called McHubbards that:

* Had the dead-last, dead-worst ratings of any restaurant with 99% of the customers giving it NO STARS (out of 5) and swearing that they would never, ever go back.

* Had customer Reviews that bitterly complained about exorbitant prices, not getting what they ordered, entrees that were obviously half-bakedj

* Chefs storming out of the kitchen and loudly berating them if they didn't like their meal.

* Being charged extra amounts if they felt ill after eating, in order train them to eat the food the correct and standard way.

* Having restaurant corporate executives come and sit at their table and demand that they donate money to the new remodeling to make the building more idea.

* Unnerving sounds coming from the kitchen that sounded like restaurant staff were being beaten and thrown into furniture.

* Multiple websites and books published that are filled with countless nightmarish customer experiences that include being imprisoned, driven insane, bankrupted and even killed.

* All of the food offered on the menu being fraudulently misrepresented by serving cheap, artificially flavored substitutes. For example, a scientific analysis of the "Deluxe Meat Loaf" rendering a compositional readout that was identical to the ingredients to canned food manufactured by a company called Purina.​

But, sure, if someone still wants to go eat at McHubbards after seeing all that, all I can say is:

bon appétit!

Brilliant post.

Mustn't forget to mention the satisfied customer who acknowledges all the above but says it doesn't matter because after the meal, he was no longer hungry.

Dilpickle

Patron with Honors
I understand that you both (Purple Rain and Mr Hoax) want absolutely NOTHING to do with Scientology.. however, lots of people in this group are considering Field Auditing, or were pleased with some of the wins they got when in the church, etc.. My view is that Scientology must have had something phenomenal to get all of us to stick it out thru so much garbage.. some WIN or COG or SOMETHING that caused us all to go WOW and sell our houses, take out loans, work 7 day weeks for $15 pay, sign Billion Year Contracts etc.. Some Something. You have both moved on.. I am still picking it apart to see where the treasure might be buried LOL I'm not hurting anyone, I'm having fun with it and even some Wins, and YES.. I agree with you 100% that none of us should go back to the Church for any reason whatsoever.. THAT, we most definitely CAN agree on :) Dilpickle

Purple Rain

Crusader
I understand that you both (Purple Rain and Mr Hoax) want absolutely NOTHING to do with Scientology.. however, lots of people in this group are considering Field Auditing, or were pleased with some of the wins they got when in the church, etc.. My view is that Scientology must have had something phenomenal to get all of us to stick it out thru so much garbage.. some WIN or COG or SOMETHING that caused us all to go WOW and sell our houses, take out loans, work 7 day weeks for $15 pay, sign Billion Year Contracts etc.. Some Something. You have both moved on.. I am still picking it apart to see where the treasure might be buried LOL I'm not hurting anyone, I'm having fun with it and even some Wins, and YES.. I agree with you 100% that none of us should go back to the Church for any reason whatsoever.. THAT, we most definitely CAN agree on :) Dilpickle

My view is that the reason I stuck it out was sheer stupidity. I don't object to others doing it but I do object to people marketing it as something it's not and trying to deceive other gullible people. And frankly, I do also have issues with untrained amateurs practicing in a field which takes qualified medical practitioners years to learn to do safely. All the mental breakdowns I witnessed in my time on staff and the complete inability to truly help the mentally ill makes me certain that dabbling in the minds of others with bad pop psychology authored in three weeks by a convicted conman is irresponsible at best and dangerous at worst.

HelluvaHoax!

Sure, people investing themselves in Scientology have early-stage "gains".

People investing in a Ponzi Scheme also have early-stage "gains".

A new Scientologist can happily show you their personal gains. They actually have real certainty in their head.

A new Ponzi investor can happily show you their financial gains. They actually have real money in their hand.

You will eventually find that the game of Scientology and a Con Game have the same identical EP.

But, of course I am probably just making this up and don't have decades of personal and professional experience that supports that negative-sounding analogy.

Perhaps what I am telling you is purely fiction. Perhaps I really didn't advance thru OT VII, didn't personally train and C/S hundreds of Scientologists like yourself. And maybe I really didn't audit pcs up the Grade Chart. It's probably all made up.

Or, maybe I didn't see or comprehend what really happened to me and the many hundreds of other Scientologists that I personally know or even got into Scientology.

Maybe we all actually got sensational "gains" and left for no reason.

On the other hand, Ron Hubbard, being a non-fiction writer, is obviously a far more credible source.

You decide. Good luck!

Maddy

Patron
SO... if anything happens that is good while you are in Scn. then that just goes to show that IT works!!! :thumbsup:

Also, and this point is SO VERY important :eyeroll: - If you try some piece of Scn. tech and get no results then it WAS NOT the fault of Scn. but YOU misapplied something.

See with those kinds of datums then it's easy to see why Scilons are so screwed up.

So the people that go there for help, or are told they need help by the auditors, are basically in a no win situation. That's very sad and yes it does explain a lot, especially for those that are truly damaged and hurt when they walk through those doors.

Dilpickle said:
I don't know anything that works 100% of the time. I think Some Things in Scientology work great if they are applied correctly, and some do not. Same with psychiatry and psychology.. I can name numerous folks who went to psychologists or psychiatrists and were told they were some kind of psychiatric syndrome, and then were given Prozac or Valium and to take it easy.. Other psychiatrists would just TELL YOU what to do about it instead of letting you be the discerning one, and allow you to help yourself. I am SURE that some do as you say, and help the person to understand what the problems are and work through them. No system is perfect, that is for sure.

I've had experiences with the psych community and they weren't very positive, but I know there are different approaches that I wasn't exposed to that may well have worked for me. I think the other thing that stands out for me is the aversion to psych from dedicated Scientologist when it's pretty obvious that there is a whole lot of it going on in various flavours.

HelluvaHoax!

My view is that the reason I stuck it out was sheer stupidity. I don't object to others doing it but I do object to people marketing it as something it's not and trying to deceive other gullible people. And frankly, I do also have issues with untrained amateurs practicing in a field which takes qualified medical practitioners years to learn to do safely. All the mental breakdowns I witnessed in my time on staff and the complete inability to truly help the mentally ill makes me certain that dabbling in the minds of others with bad pop psychology authored in three weeks by a convicted conman is irresponsible at best and dangerous at worst.

That is a very good post, indeed!

People marketing Scientology like to narrowly focus their prospect's attention on the WINS or the GAINS.

They carefully avoid letting the naive individual consider if there might be any HARM or DAMAGE to their mind, their family, their finances,their health, their career, their sanity or their life, itself.

That's one of the dirtiest secrets about Scientology. They don't let you know about the surgeries they performed that blinded, paralyzed or killed the patient. There is no regulatory agency that oversees Scientology's psychological counseling & therapy.

They regulate themselves, and they do it by one metric only. Whether it makes them more money.

This is where terms like fraud, hoax, flim-flam, con game, quack and charlatan come in very handy.

Dilpickle

Patron with Honors
I'm only speaking for myself.. I have no plans to open up the Dilpickle Org and run off with anyone's life savings.. I haven't hurt anyone that I am hiding in a closet, nor have I thrown anyone off a ship recently.. I am not trying to fool anyone into joining up with me so that I can pay them $5 a week and let them sleep in the backyard under a bush.. All the things you are throwing at me seem like they would be better directed at the church, or David Miscavige, or LRH.. I am just having a good time and letting folks know what has worked for me. No pressure. No money asked for. I'm not offering services. No joining up. If you don't like what the church has done, no one can blame you. I am not doing that. I haven't hurt myself or anyone else. I am happier having left the Church and salvaged what parts of the tech have been workable for me. I have also dabbled in other types of practices that I have enjoyed. There is life after being on Staff and in the Sea Org. Dilpickle

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I'm only speaking for myself.. I have no plans to open up the Dilpickle Org and run off with anyone's life savings.. I haven't hurt anyone that I am hiding in a closet, nor have I thrown anyone off a ship recently.. I am not trying to fool anyone into joining up with me so that I can pay them $5 a week and let them sleep in the backyard under a bush.. All the things you are throwing at me seem like they would be better directed at the church, or David Miscavige, or LRH.. I am just having a good time and letting folks know what has worked for me. No pressure. No money asked for. I'm not offering services. No joining up. If you don't like what the church has done, no one can blame you. I am not doing that. I haven't hurt myself or anyone else. I am happier having left the Church and salvaged what parts of the tech have been workable for me. I have also dabbled in other types of practices that I have enjoyed. There is life after being on Staff and in the Sea Org. Dilpickle

That's cool, have I said :welcome:?

There is a great deal to sort out, that's for sure. Take your time and ask the questions you need to ask, write what you want to write. I think some of us can forget what it was like to be newly out and sorting it all out, it's not a personal thing, and when the subject of the 'tech' comes up, then it can get a little heated . You have actually been gracious under fire, and I hope you haven't been put off writing more. :)

Purple Rain

Crusader

Nobody is saying you have. Stop straw-manning me.

But what would you do, for instance, if you "ran an incident" where somebody "recalled" an incident of childhood sexual abuse? What if they didn't feel like laughing about it after you'd run it through a hundred times? What if they went into a full-blown emotional meltdown? What if they want to go out and "kill the bastard"? What do you do? Are you seriously qualified to handle that?

Purple Rain

Crusader
That's cool, have I said :welcome:?

There is a great deal to sort out, that's for sure. Take your time and ask the questions you need to ask, write what you want to write. I think some of us can forget what it was like to be newly out and sorting it all out, it's not a personal thing, and when the subject of the 'tech' comes up, then it can get a little heated . You have actually been gracious under fire, and I hope you haven't been put off writing more. :)

You are a nice person, FTS. People will do what people will do. Heroin. Scientology. Whatever. I can't worry about it, so I will just stay out of it.

Dilpickle

Patron with Honors
Free To Shine ~ Thank you so much for the Nice Welcome :) I surely do appreciate it. I will continue on.. it takes a bit to shake me :) I like your Name. A very pleasant one. Purple Rain is correct. You are indeed kind, and I was hoping someone would be pleasant and understanding of my situation.
Purple Rain ~ Funny that you said what you did, because I did EXACTLY that, those kinds of incidents, those kinds of reactions, those kind of traumas that you describe.. it was ME solo-auditing myself.. At one point I had to repeat a decision I had made for 8 hours.. rock slamming for much of it LOL Not funny then.. I was ready to blow the session and run off and kill someone.. however, the abusing parties were DEAD, so I really had no place to go.. YES.. I have handled that and much worse.. I've hung in there for any and every kind of trauma and reaction.. I'm pretty good at it, if I do say so myself :)
By the way.. I meant to tell you about our doctor. He is a Blair Technique Upper Cervical Chiropractor.. and he has had success with ALMOST ANY kind of illness. Most doctors and hospitals can cost you up into the Thousands and Hundreds of Thousands.. however, for approximately $1000 for a years worth of service, there is a chance he could help your daughter.. or someone else who uses the Blair Method of Upper Cervical chiropractic. The theory is that if the ATLAS BONE is misaligned then the messages from the brain are not flowing properly down the spine, going to the places that need healing.. depending on how the atlas bone is "out" the messages might either be scrambled and change into different messages, or they might arrive at the wrong place giving the correct information to the wrong organ or blood stream, or wherever they are meant to go..
I can tell you that we have both gone, and many of our friends, all with good experiences and good help for whatever was going on with us. I don't know where you live, but our doctor is Dr Drew Hall, on Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles. All these types of chiropractors do is first do a series of Xrays, do the adjustment of the atlas bone, and then check often to see if the adjustment is holding, or needs re-enforcement. The atlas bone tends to stay "in" better and better over time.. Dilpickle

Purple Rain

Crusader
Free To Shine ~ Thank you so much for the Nice Welcome :) I surely do appreciate it. I will continue on.. it takes a bit to shake me :) I like your Name. A very pleasant one. Purple Rain is correct. You are indeed kind, and I was hoping someone would be pleasant and understanding of my situation.
Purple Rain ~ Funny that you said what you did, because I did EXACTLY that, those kinds of incidents, those kinds of reactions, those kind of traumas that you describe.. it was ME solo-auditing myself.. At one point I had to repeat a decision I had made for 8 hours.. rock slamming for much of it LOL Not funny then.. I was ready to blow the session and run off and kill someone.. however, the abusing parties were DEAD, so I really had no place to go.. YES.. I have handled that and much worse.. I've hung in there for any and every kind of trauma and reaction.. I'm pretty good at it, if I do say so myself :)
By the way.. I meant to tell you about our doctor. He is a Blair Technique Upper Cervical Chiropractor.. and he has had success with ALMOST ANY kind of illness. Most doctors and hospitals can cost you up into the Thousands and Hundreds of Thousands.. however, for approximately $1000 for a years worth of service, there is a chance he could help your daughter.. or someone else who uses the Blair Method of Upper Cervical chiropractic. The theory is that if the ATLAS BONE is misaligned then the messages from the brain are not flowing properly down the spine, going to the places that need healing.. depending on how the atlas bone is "out" the messages might either be scrambled and change into different messages, or they might arrive at the wrong place giving the correct information to the wrong organ or blood stream, or wherever they are meant to go..
I can tell you that we have both gone, and many of our friends, all with good experiences and good help for whatever was going on with us. I don't know where you live, but our doctor is Dr Drew Hall, on Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles. All these types of chiropractors do is first do a series of Xrays, do the adjustment of the atlas bone, and then check often to see if the adjustment is holding, or needs re-enforcement. The atlas bone tends to stay "in" better and better over time.. Dilpickle

2012-08-02_1805.png

Ignore list.

HelluvaHoax!

You may have picked an odd thread to talk about the "good parts of the tech". It may account for some of the reactions you are getting. Take a look again at what this thread is about and you will see what I mean.

There are places where that kind of discussion is much easier to have on ESMB.

I am not a moderator and don't really care what you post, but thought you might like to know a little about the neighborhood.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Dilpickle!

I Love your nick :) Sorry I missed your arrival. I've been in Ireland
and then helping get 3 people out of Narconon, so life has been
busy for many of us working on this.

There is just something SO great about SPs working together!
It's sort of **amazing** when you think of how deeply it had
been built in for many how BAD SPs were. I'll never forget talking
on the phone for the FIRST time with Stacy Brooks, Bob Minton
and Jesse Prince. Talk about :wow:

Anyways---I'll try to read back and catch up. I'm not good at that,
so forgive me. If you ever just want to talk, please give me
a call--or I can call you back.

My best to you :cheers:

Tory/Magoo
Burbank, CA
www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44
(818) 588-3044

PS: I see your Chyro is on Wilshire Blvd---so my guess is you live s/where here in LA or not too far?
Perhaps we can get together for lunch or coffee. I love meeting people in person.