What's new

trepidatious

Blues Mama

Patron
After Battlefield Earth, the CoS did in fact release the first action figure, which although lacking any superpowers and being quite small, nonetheless generated hundreds of millions of dollars of licensing and merchandising revenues.

David Miscavich.

Stop! I can't breathe!!:dieslaughing:

Gadfly

Crusader
Lol. All true except that you do get to have your own opinion, you just don't get to share it with any other scientologist. Just kidding, I know what you meant. :thumbsup:

Actually, what you said is exactly true. I saw cases, myself included, of people who had opinions that were against management and the Church of Scientology, but as long as they or I never spoke about (except to our/my auditor), NOTHING EVER HAPPENED.

When it comes to critical views of Hubbard and/or Scientology, from my experience, they don't care at all what you "think" - they are only concerned with what you DO.

If you think Hubbard is a total fucknut, if you tell your auditor or MAA that in a closed room, but you don't say that to others and are careful not to share that view with anyone else, and thereby don't "enturbulate others", they will leave you alone. They only care about actions in the physical universe.

You can be on staff, and think Davidf Miscavige is a total retard, but if you ONLY tell the auditor and nobody else, and they can easily verify that, and you do your post, then they leave you alone - completely. It would be considered "cleaning a clean" to do otherwise. It would be what Hubbard calls, "inspection before the fact", and which interferes with "fast flow management".

The crime isn't in thinking about anything critical or against Scientology & Hubbard. The BIGGEST CRIME IN THE UNIVERSE is just as Hubbard explains and defines it:

Being there and communicating about it.

While there is obviously control of thoughts via the severe indoctrination processes of Scientology, there is also very HEAVY monitoring and controlling of communcations about the subjects of Hubbard & Scientology.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
--snipped--

The way they interpret and experience all reality through their fictional set of make-believe blinders (the Scientlogy paradigm)........

Who knew? You can blow charge watching movies, huh? Cool!

Scientologists can look you in the eye without blinking and tell you with total certainty how Ron's movie Revolt In The Stars will "...run out the 4th Dynamic Engram."

Scientologists know-how-to-know. They get a picture in their mind of an audience in a packed movie theater, hooked up to e-meters in the theta universe, that are blowing down and F/Ning. They could clay demo this for you.

Untitled-42-1-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Not necessarily. They don't always let you have your own opinion about whether you should stay married, give birth to your own child or put some money away for college education, retirement etc.

Agreed, except....

Your marriage, your children and their college funds are Scientology.

Scientology owns you.

A Scientologist and their respective dynamics are posted on the CoS org board.

You are a "body in the shop" and your dynamics are attached to that body.

But, they do let you have the idea that all those things are your personal business. That is, until you are in the middle of some "unflat" Bridge or life cycle, have some major Out-Rud and they are trying to "help" you in a reg cycle--because that's when "THE RUBBER MEETS THE ROAD."

Or should we say, that's when: "THE ROBBER MEETS THE RUD".

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientologists can look you in the eye without blinking and tell you with total certainty how Ron's movie Revolt In The Stars will "...run out the 4th Dynamic Engram."

Scientologists know-how-to-know. They get a picture in their mind of an audience in a packed movie theater, hooked up to e-meters in the theta universe, that are blowing down and F/Ning. They could clay demo this for you.

Untitled-42-1-1-1.jpg

:hysterical::roflmao::buzzin: Thanks for the laugh, HH :)

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Before the release of Battlefield Earth (the movie not the book). Our mission holder was so excited. She told us that there were deals for action figures and that it just might be this movie will put Scn. on the map.

Scn. seems to always be chasing after a golden horizon that they never catch.

And manage to *totally* Damage any possible light
that may have been able to slip in, too.

:duh: When will they WTFU?

TLC

Div6

Crusader
At first I thought you were joking on that part about Hubbard saying that Star Wars "took the wind out of the sails" for REVOLT IN THE STARS. Then I realized you were serious.

But, then I saw the Hubbard comment that "the charge had been blown" and was sure you were joking.

Then I realized that you were serious (again).

STAR WARS was released to theaters on May 25 1977. Hubbard began writing REVOLT IN THE STARS after that in July of 1977. Six months after STAR WARS was theatrically released, Hubbard finished his screenplay and filed for copyright in November of 1977.

<snipped for brevity>

Thanks for the clarification. Somehow I recalled hearing about "Revolt in the Stars" before Star Wars hit..74, 75...somewhere in there, but it may have been rumour line at that point. In spite of the dicta about "no hidden data lines", there always seemed to be a few.

I would love to have an expanded conversation re: your thoughts on Art, film and life, perhaps in another thread. There is no denying the exponential success of Star Wars. I attribute it to several things: 1) Produced Independently. Hollywood at the time just simply never would have "gotten it done". Being able to bring together that cast and crew would never have happened in the Hollywood Big Studio political environment; 2) Special FX; 3) Flexibility in the creative process.

Much like the current success of "Breaking Bad". By established metrics it "shouldn't work", but by having a structured but flexible "creative process" the sum of the whole becomes greater than its parts. Also, they shoot that series on 35 millimeter film (which ups the episode costs from $1 million per episode to $3 million per) so the end product is noticeably different (I think better) from a purely visual perspective.

HelluvaHoax!

Lol. All true except that you do get to have your own opinion, you just don't get to share it with any other scientologist. Just kidding, I know what you meant. :thumbsup:

That is a very poignant observation!

I had a conversation with a family member a couple years ago and they wanted to keep the conversation "theta' so of course that meant that I should not be talking about Scientology or anything that I wanted to talk about.

Other family members similarly blew off the conversation when anything about Scientology came up. I was not "allowed" to even ask them questions about what they thought about the beatings going on at Scn. headquarters.

One of their responses (that slipped out by mistake) was that they were not "addicted" to gossip the way I was. Ya see, it is my case that is the problem.
Apparently when I handle my case, I will erase my reactive addiction to being concerned that people are being imprisoned, beaten and psychologically tortured.

One of my "great moments with Scientologists" came when I told them that it was not interesting to me to just talk "good roads, fair weather" because it is intensely boring to me to synthesize "communication" instead of just talking. I told them that there was quite a volume of things I did not say. And that's when it happened.

Here is the priceless tech moment....

They validated me for not talking and "keeping my TRs in".

It must be a new TR. TR-2-S.

Training Routine 2-Shutthefuckupthankyou.

Div6

Crusader

I had a conversation with a family member a couple years ago and they wanted to keep the conversation "theta' so of course that meant that I should not be talking about Scientology or anything that I wanted to talk about.

Other family members similarly blew off the conversation when anything about Scientology came up. I was not "allowed" to even ask them questions about what they thought about the beatings going on at Scn. headquarters.

One of their responses (that slipped out by mistake) was that they were not "addicted" to gossip the way I was. Ya see, it is my case that is the problem.
Apparently when I handle my case, I will erase my reactive addiction to being concerned that people are being imprisoned, beaten and psychologically tortured.

One of my "great moments with Scientologists" came when I told them that it was not interesting to me to just talk "good roads, fair weather" because it is intensely boring to me to synthesize "communication" instead of just talking. I told them that there was quite a volume of things I did not say. And that's when it happened.

Lol. Absolutely NO CONFRONT OF EVIL. What a bunch of theetie weetie idiots.

Hey...new breakfast cereal: Theetie Weeties - Breakfast of Psychopaths...

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

Reminds me of my dear friend, OT 7, who absolutely insists that only "theta" be communicated about & certainly no entheta is to be ever be mentioned - just way too uptoneto hear any of that downtone communication.

I guess I ruined our 40 year friendship when I said somewhat dejectedly " Gosh, that means if I were the first to hear your spouse just died & I knew you didn't know, I couldn't tell you" .

Such is $cn.

HelluvaHoax!

Thanks for the clarification. Somehow I recalled hearing about "Revolt in the Stars" before Star Wars hit..74, 75...somewhere in there, but it may have been rumour line at that point. In spite of the dicta about "no hidden data lines", there always seemed to be a few.

I would love to have an expanded conversation re: your thoughts on Art, film and life, perhaps in another thread. There is no denying the exponential success of Star Wars. I attribute it to several things: 1) Produced Independently. Hollywood at the time just simply never would have "gotten it done". Being able to bring together that cast and crew would never have happened in the Hollywood Big Studio political environment; 2) Special FX; 3) Flexibility in the creative process.

Much like the current success of "Breaking Bad". By established metrics it "shouldn't work", but by having a structured but flexible "creative process" the sum of the whole becomes greater than its parts. Also, they shoot that series on 35 millimeter film (which ups the episode costs from $1 million per episode to $3 million per) so the end product is noticeably different (I think better) from a purely visual perspective.

I am not sure why you thought Star Wars was made independently. All the studios turned it down at first, true. Even Universal Studios (that took a chance on American Graffiti) rejected it (before Graffiti was released). Eventually Twentieth Century Fox committed to financing Star Wars and the rest is history.

But I love your idea about a film thread. If it had a fraction of the response that Gadfly's wonderful The Moody Blues and Spirituality music thread attracted--which has over 18,000 views and 1000 posts in just 20 days--it would be a much-loved new thread. Count me in!

I haven't worked in the industry for quite a while, fully engaged here in a range of entrepreneurial ventures and adventures. But I keep movies very close to my heart always and I share your love for the greatest collaborative art form that ever existed.

I once started a thread Hubbard and the Godfather (Don "Ron" Corleone) and it was great fun.

And, I just recently I saw guanoloco's cool thread on The Wizard of Cause which draws parallels between Scientology and The Wizard of Oz.

So, all that's needed is a cool-ass thread TITLE and it's on, baby!!

Div6

Crusader
I am not sure why you thought Star Wars was made independently. All the studios turned it down at first, true. Even Universal Studios (that took a chance on American Graffiti) rejected it (before Graffiti was released). Eventually Twentieth Century Fox committed to financing Star Wars and the rest is history.

But I love your idea about a film thread. If it had a fraction of the response that Gadfly's wonderful The Moody Blues and Spirituality music thread attracted--which has over 18,000 views and 1000 posts in just 20 days--it would be a much-loved new thread. Count me in!

I haven't worked in the industry for quite a while, fully engaged here in a range of entrepreneurial ventures and adventures. But I keep movies very close to my heart always and I share your love for the greatest collaborative art form that ever existed.

I once started a thread Hubbard and the Godfather (Don "Ron" Corleone) and it was great fun.

And, I just recently I saw guanoloco's cool thread on The Wizard of Cause which draws parallels between Scientology and The Wizard of Oz.

So, all that's needed is a cool-ass thread TITLE and it's on, baby!!

The history of "Independent Film" I find kinda interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_film

George Lucas would leave Zoetrope in 1971 to create his own independent studio, Lucasfilm, which would produce the blockbuster Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.

Last edited:

TG1

Angelic Poster

Oh, Hoaxie -- that is awful. Really sad. Not even funny. Well, maybe just a little, but mostly makes my stomach hurt.

I'm so sorry about all that.

TG1

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

it's sort of ironic that i firmly defend the core of the subject

-snip-

That's not the core of the subject, and never was. It's the window dressing.

Frankly, Commander Birdsong, your ass-backwards notion of Scientology may, at least partially, explain your ongoing defense of the indefensible: from incidents of child abuse, child abuse that started with the obscene 'Children's Security Check' of 1961, and then, in 1976, was institutionalized, by Hubbard, with his Children's RPF and Cadet Org; to the incident of humiliating a man - who was lured onto a ship, which he was told was the "safest and sanest space on Earth," with the promise of "mental health" and "Total Freedom" - humiliating him in front of his pre-teen daughters and wife, and to the amusement of a sadistic egomaniac with delusions of grandeur, who called himself the "Commodore" and "Source"; to incidents of abuse inflicted on others by L. Ron Hubbard and his wife through their Guardians Office, which included the burglarizing of private homes and offices, doctors' offices, and attempts to destroy the lives of private individuals.

And all of this abuse has its accompanying "scripture," and "philosophy" and "tech," and we are supposed to believe this sickness is a "religion," so that it can be granted special perks, and privileges, and exemptions from laws.

And this is justified by what? Hubbard's having written 'Dianetics', a book that promised to produce super-human 'Clears' over sixty years ago, and has yet to produce one? And that is still being promoted and sold with its fraudulent claims uncorrected?

C'mon Commander, you can do better than that. :)

And now one last comment on Cowboy's thread - I wish he or she would have included the year or years something occurred, rather than leaving only a general idea. Sometimes specific dates are important.

Other than that, it was a very good thread. Thanks again Cowboy. :)

HelluvaHoax!

Oh, Hoaxie -- that is awful. Really sad. Not even funny. Well, maybe just a little, but mostly makes my stomach hurt.

I'm so sorry about all that.

TG1

Thanks. I kind have adopted a quasi-battlefield stoicism about all the friends and people that were left behind "enemy lines" after I escaped out of the barbed wire thought-fences of the CONcentration camp known as Scientology.

As a battle-tested veteran of that war zone, I developed the 'Thousand Yarn Stare' when I talk to or about Scientologists and listen to their embellished re-telling of Hubbard's superhuman stories. (yup, i meant 'yarn')

All Scientologists do, really, is to re-tell Ron's electrifying tales of superhuman feats and they often try to act it out themselves, taking the hero's dialogue and trying to deliver the lines in character with a lot of certainty.

Oh well. I got a good story out of my visit to ScientologyLand Theme Park, if nothing else.

InExile

Patron
But, then I saw the Hubbard comment that "the charge had been blown" and was sure you were joking.

Then I realized that you were serious (again).

ps: Screenplays and movies do not "blow charge". If they work, they entertain. Scientologists are so freaking retarded that they think they are auditing out charge when they are actually playing make-believe (acting) in front of a camera. What self-important clowns!

:roflmao:

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

Hubbard began writing REVOLT IN THE STARS after that in July of 1977.

-snip-

And the FBI raids had occurred on July 8th, 1977, lending credence to the idea that the 'Revolt in the Stars' project was a kind of personal coping response to his sense of panic, resulting from the raids.

After his failures in Rhodesia and Southern Africa in 1966, and the subsequent emotional breakdown, Hubbard had invented "Incident 2" and "Xenu" as the explanation, to himself and others, for those failures, and re-invented Himself as the Commodore which boosted his ego and his morale nicely.

Interesting that after a subsequent crisis, a decade later, he responded instinctively by writing Revolt in the Stars.

And, even during its brief existence as a project, I don't think it was meant to "blow the charge," as much as was to partially "key-out," while also partially "keying-in," the "Wogs" to a "whole track incident" that would lead them into their local Scientology Orgs, where they'd see the Sea Org symbol, and the R6 bank (Incident 2) images on book covers - including the Dianetics "exploding volcano" on the Dianetics book covers - and be prime "raw meat" ready to be "run through their orgs," drained of their money and their vitality in service to Mankind's only hope, and then, with appropriate Hubbard Guidance, finally arrive at OT 3, and actually do the procedures of OT 3.

It does show how suggestible Scientologists were. Hubbard comes up with an idea out of the blue, and immediately Scientologists become excited, go into agreement, and busy themselves "forwarding LRH Intention."

That is until LRH decides he wants to so some other grand project, and tells them that all those people bogged on Dianetics are really Clear, and Dianetics works after all, and not only works but is so fabulously effective that they're all Clear and don't even know it!

Wow! What a validation of LRH and the tech!

Oy vey. :melodramatic:

InExile

Patron
Not necessarily. They don't always let you have your own opinion about whether you should stay married, give birth to your own child or put some money away for college education, retirement etc.

I totally agree with that, I was in the SO in my last year and was getting HOUNDED by ASI to give up whatever little money I had left. My mother had arrived to SH before heading to Spain on a mission(This was shortly before Heber's spanish fiasco) and told me to man up and sort it out.

I was reluctant and under pressure I sort of cracked in anger told them in the office to f*** off and back away and that one of my uncles was an Ambassador to Japan (Didn't say which country) which was true at the time and ASI where pushing big in Japan and crap their pants

Now I was then the head of operations for the CLO and me saying those things did not go down well and was assigned a condition within hours of what happened, by then I had enough and walked out and there went my first SP and the wrath of my mother who was now gunning for me.

As for the money! well lets just say I found better uses....