What's new

Trial - June 16th, 2011.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Did you see my postgame report?

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?23464-Trial-June-16th-2011.&p=585609#post585609

Also: Thanks everybody for the IDs, so far we have;

Michael King
Andrea Nevill
Anna Holiday
Kim Cullen/Crawford
Tim Fitzgerald
Kim Fitzgerald
Georgia Frizgerald
Hubert Wurfel
Colin Young
Len Collen
Lauren Bradley (?)
Nicki Bradley (?)
Rene Els
Bill Wilson
Michael Gorden

Plus AT LEAST 10 others unidentified. Looks like my initial prediction of 30 was pretty good. Thats a lot of people/resources for one little mention!
And unless I am mistaken, most of these people are part of the old die-hard scilon group, not much fresh blood to carry forth the agenda?

Yes, I had read that, but it still leaves my question unanswered. Must Jan be present in August? If the scilons want to drag this out, they are going to keep applying for adjournments "until the media goes away".

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
so far we have;

Michael King
Andrea Nevill
Anna Holiday
Kim Cullen/Crawford
Tim Fitzgerald
Kim Fitzgerald
Georgia Frizgerald
Hubert Wurfel
Colin Young
Len Collen
Lauren Bradley (?)
Nicki Bradley (?)
Rene Els
Bill Wilson
Michael Gorden

Plus AT LEAST 10 others unidentified. Looks like my initial prediction of 30 was pretty good. Thats a lot of people/resources for one little mention!
QUOTE]

Great work everyone :thumbsup:
Does anyone know if the other 20 goons where flown-in from USA ?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
They are not "goons", imported or otherwise, they are local scientologists; Public, Staff and SO.

They are there demonstrating support of their religion and a person, Jan Eastgate, who they truly believe has been wrongly accused of a heinous crime.

They may well learn otherwise as the case unfolds but I wouldn't count on it.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Yes, I had read that, but it still leaves my question unanswered. Must Jan be present in August? If the scilons want to drag this out, they are going to keep applying for adjournments "until the media goes away".

OK. I didn't address the second part of your question because I didn't know the answer. Someone like TinyDancer should know this though.

Do keep in mind though that Jan apparently didn't have to turn up to the first mention, there were a number of cases before her where the accused didn't show before the court and were represented by their legal council only. However despite this Jan DID show up when clearly she and the church wished she was elsewhere...

thefatman

Patron with Honors
They are not "goons", imported or otherwise, they are local scientologists; Public, Staff and SO.

They are there demonstrating support of their religion and a person, Jan Eastgate, who they truly believe has been wrongly accused of a heinous crime.

You're half right. Some of them were just there, most likely to support a friend. However, the two men in the Today Tonight footage, the American and the man in the brown jacket were goons. There is no rational excuse for their behaviour aside from that.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

Panda, I think you are giving them a bit more benefit of the doubt than they deserve in this case. From their actions such as giving phony names, pushing, shoving, and lashing out with an umbrella you can tell there is an element of guilt in all of them. They would not be there if they did not have a pretty good idea of what the charge was and the incident that was being hidden. And anyone who has been around CoS for any length of time knows very well that crimes are hidden from the police.

If I recall correctly, I believe it is even in the ethics codes, something about turning over the person of a Scientologist to the authorities is an offense in Scientology. Does anyone still have an ethics book to check this out?

But regardless of whether you are pressured one way or another, every person makes up their own mind and acts on their own decisions. It is conflicting, for sure, but they know what they are doing.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
My comment was in response to this from Lohan, "Does anyone know if the other 20 goons where flown-in from USA ?" (See the post immediately preceding my comment.) He's asking about the other scientologists present.

I think it is a BIG mistake to characterise these people as "goons", that's a long way from the reality even though it did make a good headline. I don't think any of them really qualify as "goons" as such, maybe "scientologists behaving badly" is closer to the truth. :biggrin:

Kooka, where you see guilt, I see righteous indignation. I guarantee that nearly all of those guys and gals have bought the party line on this issue ie. "falsely accused".

As to the "black shirt guy" who seems to have you stumped, I'd suggest that he might be South African rather than American.

Last edited:

thefatman

Patron with Honors
As to the "black shirt guy" who seems to have you stumped, I'd suggest that he might be South African rather than American.

I can promise you he's American. RC and I had a chat with him later (well, he approached us and we kinda acted dicky for shits and giggles) he's most certainly American. I'm uploading the footage as we speak.

ClamSource

Patron with Honors
If I recall correctly, I believe it is even in the ethics codes, something about turning over the person of a Scientologist to the authorities is an offense in Scientology. Does anyone still have an ethics book to check this out?

L Ron Hubbard - Introduction to Scientology Ethics(fair use quote) said:
4. HIGH CRIMES.

SUPPRESSIVE ACTS

Suppressive Acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce or impede Scientology or Scientologists.

Such Suppressive Acts include :

(there's plenty more - only quoting where testimony against scientologists is a declared a crime)

* Public disavowal of Scientology or Scientologists in good standing with Scientology organizations;
(effectively forbidding all civil/criminal actions against any upstat Scientologist)

* Public statements against Scientology or Scientologists but not to Committees of Evidence duly convened; (would include prejudicial court testimony)

* Testifying hostilely before state or public inquiries into Scientology to suppress it;

* Reporting or threatening to report Scientology or Scientologists to civil authorities in an effort to suppress Scientology or Scientologists from practicing or receiving standard Scientology;

* Bringing civil suit against any Scientology organization or Scientologist including the nonpayment of bills or failure to refund without first calling the matter to the attention of the Chairman at Saint Hill and receiving a reply;

* Testifying as a hostile witness against Scientology in public;

* Mutiny;
(that could be anything really)

* Engaging in malicious rumor-mongering to destroy the authority or repute of higher officers or the leading names of Scientology or to "safeguard" a position;

* Delivering up the person of a Scientologist without defense or protest to the demands of civil or criminal law;

* Knowingly giving false testimony to imperil a Scientologist;

Suppressive Acts are clearly those covert or overt acts knowingly calculated to reduce or destroy the influence or activities of Scientology or prevent case gains or continued Scientology success and activity on the part of a Scientologist.

As persons or groups that would do such a thing act out of self-interest only to the detriment of all others, they cannot be granted the rights and beingness ordinarily accorded rational beings.

There you have it. Any criticism of Scientology is done only from a selfish intent to harm Scientology, and anything that harms Scientology is a crime. Anyone committing a crime is not rational and not entitled to the rights of a rational being.

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
LOL, and what a naughty little "puppy-dog" you are! :biggrin:

That sure sounded like an Americanised accent, maybe some of the ESMBers can place it for you. The thing that made me think he might be South African was the, "That's a nonsense!" (maybe I misheard) from the earlier TT video, I've know several people who used that expression and they were all from South Africa.

I have another question; did he actually stay connected to any of the scios after Jan had left the scene? I'm just wondering if he may have been a hired Security Dude ring-in, he didn't sound like a scio when you were chatting to him.

Div6

Crusader
And also....(not to put too fine a point on it) wasn't Xenu the head of the Galactic Confederation? So the beings brought here were not Marcabian, but from the 30 planets nearby that were part of the GC?

I ask, as I have had a number of Marcabians take great offense at being associated with "that scum". :omg: They may be part of a "kicked in the head" society, but they are way above genocide on the level of Xenu and the GC.

thefatman

Patron with Honors
I have another question; did he actually stay connected to any of the scios after Jan had left the scene? I'm just wondering if he may have been a hired Security Dude ring-in, he didn't sound like a scio when you were chatting to him.

I couldn't say for certain, we were at 201 for about 20-30 minutes before we saw him rock up from the opposite direction, we don't doubt he tailed us. I can't imagine that he was private security, he doesn't come across as being like that.

Basically the interaction between him and us prior to the video was:

Him: "What are you guys doing?"
Racecar: "Just standing around."
Him: "You know this is Scientology right?"
Racecar: "Oh cool, we're just chilling."

At that point he then makes smooching noise then walks behind Racecar continuing to make the noise before we decided to go after him and see what was up.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Too funny - but IMO it sounds maybe Eastern European accent under that US accent?

To the scilon gallery - #4 is Hillary Shead definitely

#8 is maybe Kenna Gilbert? Haven't seen her for a long time so can't be sure.

#14 - Colin Young in leather jacket on far left, Bill Wilson in tie on far right, almost certainly the Bradley girls with Richard Burnell on the right of them (grey hair and glasses.)

#15 - Nick Costello?

#16 - two guys in foreground are familiar but can't remember their names - possibly the one on the left of the picture was AO crew in the reg area?

None of them are happy, eh?

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
He sounds American to me.

Either way I look at it, he was there with scientologists, assisting and aiding in the protection of a scientologist so therefore is a representative of the cofs.

Keeping that in mind, as a representative of the cofs, at court that day, he certainly achieved the goal of making the cofs and scientologists appear as 'sane' and 'reasonable' people. :hysterical:

A group we all would 'love' to be a part of. :hysterical: Yeah right......:wtf:

Major footbullet in the cofs pr stakes as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks Fatman :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
To the scilon gallery - #4 is Hillary Shead definitely

#15 - Nick Costello?

None of them are happy, eh?

Yeah I can see how that could be Hillary, as I said I've never seen when she wasn't happy. Number 15 definitely not Nick though, too much hair and too heavily set for Nick even if he'd put on weight.