What's new

Trigger Phrases that No Longer Freak Us Out...

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK. I totally identified with the trigger phrases that still freak us out. I was doing an acting exercise today in voice and diction where we projected across the theater, and my first thought was OMFG!!!! 40 foot MOOD DRILLS!!!!

But, I had some crazy-awesome things happen this week. And then just when I thought it had been amazing...again, today...brand new opportunities came about that I'm going to really have to think about. And I realized, that there are things that don't trigger me every time. And that rocks. So...yeah...I thought maybe celebrating the stuff that doesn't trigger us would also rock.

For me...the number one thing that comes up is Stats. I'm in my second semester of Statistics. And, dang...it has NOTHING to do with the way hubflub put it out. I realized, that I don't think of it in that way at all anymore. Also, I was chatting with my son about something to do with a project for school...and I was thinking "make it work" and it was fricking Project Runway instead of "Make It Go Right". There are remnants obviously...but, they are fading away.

Oh, those triggers suck...but, are there things that you somehow noticed didn't immediately freak you out that once did?

Hell, at one time I thought that even "The Matrix" was completely Scientological, but now, I still think it kicks ass..:D

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
I remember your earlier post of phrases freaking your out (if I'm not mistaken...) so this is great news! Congratulations!!

I still use some terms in my life because 35 years of a language doesn't all go away at once. The terms freak out my spouse and I'm trying to ....sorry...flatten that. I try not to use the terms. I don't hang with scn people. Just a few that fly below the radar now and then but we mainly speak English and talk about many other subjects.

I was watching Travolta in a movie the other night while flicking and he said "I prefer to make it go right" as one of his lines or very close to that. THAT freaks me out....the perpetuation, through language, of the evil concepts of the cult. (And I don't mean making something go right is evil...for lurkers....I mean the evil behind the orders to do so!)

If I were around the phrases more they probably would freak me out! Particularly "make it go right" and "that's off purpose".
But I'm not!!:happydance:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
I remember your earlier post of phrases freaking your out (if I'm not mistaken...) so this is great news! Congratulations!!

I still use some terms in my life because 35 years of a language doesn't all go away at once. The terms freak out my spouse and I'm trying to ....sorry...flatten that. I try not to use the terms. I don't hang with scn people. Just a few that fly below the radar now and then but we mainly speak English and talk about many other subjects.

I was watching Travolta in a movie the other night while flicking and he said "I prefer to make it go right" as one of his lines or very close to that. THAT freaks me out....the perpetuation, through language, of the evil concepts of the cult. (And I don't mean making something go right is evil...for lurkers....I mean the evil behind the orders to do so!)

If I were around the phrases more they probably would freak me out! Particularly "make it go right" and "that's off purpose".
But I'm not!!:happydance:

Nope, you are NOT mistaken...that's why I was so happy realizing that some stuff did NOT have that effect on me anymore...and yeah...the perpetuation just is oogie-woogie.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just a thought...

I used to use this one a lot - which irritated the C/S no end:

"It takes as long as it takes."

Well, it does, doesn't it? :confused2::wink2:

EP