Trigger phrases that STILL freak us out

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
It doesn't upset me anymore,but when I was told " do not discuss cases", it used to make me want to scream.

Once, when my husband returned from Flag, I told him few things about our daughter unacceptable behavior -she was a teenager - while he was away.:omg: His response was (it was only an hour after we arrived home from the airport): do not discuss her CASE! Gee, I was mad:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Opter

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh, pretty much any 2D hangup would drive me nuts.

As someone here pointed out once (I'll let said person self-identify if they wish), paraphrased: nothing you can do with a body is as perverted as having one in the first place.

With that in mind, I'd like to pay tribute to doll bodies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZobMzFJzL0U

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I love this! :clap::clap::clap:
Interesting thread idea!

Hmm.. I did, just the other day, 'freak out' over a trigger phrase in another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwimmelPuckel
Well, Q & A means 'Questions and Answers'.. It's when someone asks another a question and the other provides an answer. It involves two, or more, persons. Ordinary communication really. <snip> Rest of post at link..

Hubbard redefined words and concepts like the was no tomorrow anyway.. Well.. My rantings about Q&A overthere prompted someone to invite me to become a fan of 'Clearbird' on FB.. (teasin' rapscallions!)

'Reasonable' has already been mentioned. Very bad and 'banky' to be reasonable according to mans best friend, Hubbard..

Reminds me of the Black Panther mechanism.. Also some Hubbardian conditioning:

Hubbard's black panther mechanism is another example of him trying to pull your leg. IMO, he really tries to persuade us to adobt a hostile mindset with this. He does it by 'omitting' something.

Link: A particularly ferocious black panther barring your way to the toilet
Very interesting read. Looks like Caroline Letkeman managed to provoke all that with an avatar. :D - Get's around Ghandi and mans best friend, the dog.

This has (surprizingly) something to with love and affinity. See, Hubturd omitted something from the 'Black Panther Mechanism', by which he seeks to describe the possible reactions a being can have in the face of danger:

(1) attack
(2) flee
(3) avoid
(4) neglect
(5) succumb

He forgot to mention 'cooperate', which obviously is the human way, and had it been the $cientology way we could all have been much happier. (I think Hubturd did that omission deliberatly. It is part of the mindfuck and is designed to remove love and compassion from your options and teach agressive 'attack' behavior.)

Just imagine that instead of a panther, it's your beloved spouse barring the way. Spitting mad at you for not doing the dishes or something... Now be a good $cientologist and attack? - Or what?

<edit> Found another good ink about this: http://www.ivymag.org/blckpanth.html

:yes:

Outethicsofficer

Here's one I cringed at:

Said at every IAS regging event I ever went to and donated for...cringe:bigcry:

"Who's next for the IAS?"

Translated to mean who the hell is going to donate some moar money and put themselves further into debt for this cause...

Another used at IAS events..."You who have attended this event are the movers and shakers of planet earth!":omg::omg::omg:
James

slimjim

Patron with Honors
Ev Purps
low toned
case on post
other fish to fry
muster :puke:
wog job
out 2D
assist
drug case
middle class pts
out exchange
dirty needle

most of these still really annoy me but also make me roll my eyes

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
You guys have come up with some great ones and isn't it interesting how this stuff is used to STOP and stymie ppl...so much for setting ppl free, huh?

Yeah, here's another thing, too-- the tone scale. I still use and think in/with some of the terms. Like s/one asked me why my signature is like it is...it goes like this: nice curly fluffy looking "Claire" then the "M" isn't so bad, and the "Swazey" is like, well, like I'm a physician or something. So I've explained that by that time I've "gone into apathy".

See? I'm still using the terms. Holy shit!

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
How about the name Hubbard?!!
I was watching my friends bowl last night and was noticing the names of the bowlers in the adjacent lanes pop up on the screen when it was their time to bowl. There were two bowlers with the last name Hubbard. I couldn't help but think of "you-know-who". Also, in my home town there is a street named Hubbard. Every time I see that name I can't help but think of what the name has meant to me since 1976. The turd still hasn't washed off!

looker

Patron Meritorious
Pick up the cans.
I am not auditing you
Im going to give you n R factor.
We are going to run a 10 August.:omg: Nazi bull chit!

Hubbard's bulletin "PTS Handling" dated 10 August 1973 is so widely
known and used in the Scientology cult that it is commonly referred to
as the "10 August," and cult members say they "give a 10 August" and
"get a 10 August."

Hubbard begins the 10 August HCOB:

There are two stable data which anyone has to have, understand
and KNOW ARE TRUE in order to obtain results in handling the person
connected to suppressives.

These data are:

1. That all illness in greater or lesser degree and all foul-ups
stem directly and only from a PTS condition.

2. That getting rid of the condition requires three basic
actions: A. Discover. B. Handle or disconnect.

[End Quote]
Makes one want to go postal:angry:

Last edited:

Mystic

Crusader
I find the term "Scientology" to be quite abhorrent, twisted, dark and distorted.

And the egobloat name "L. Ron Hubbard".

Of course, we all now know that the "L" stands for "Lips".

hubbard-and-miscavige-2.jpg

This Lips character was could twist and distort any valid idea, truth, philosophy or religion with spew after spew after spew of specious masquerades.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
^^^ And that picture of Lips Rum Hubturd is a genuine classic.. I seem to recall that DM was not in his head originally.. Anyone know who created this masterpiece?

:)

Blue Spirit

A Few

DISAFFECTED

NON-ENTURBULATION ORDER

A-to-J Check

The Road To Total Freedom (I wish it were.)

Senior Management (spoken about in blind reverence)

COB ( " " " " " )

LRH is Man's Best Friend (really ?)

REGISTRAR

Watchdog Committee (a secret NAZI group)

Golden Age of Training (a Robot manufacturing technology)

FLAG, The Mecca of Technical Perfection (TOTAL BULLSHIT)

I have to stop now so that I can get to the toilet to throw up. :puke:

G

Gottabrain

The innocent non-Scn phrases that still get a far more intense reaction from me after Scn than before Scn:

"This is very important"

"I need your help now"

"road to freedom"

"road to happiness"

"Clearwater"

"land base"

"science of mental health"

"the tech"

"clear the planet or save the planet"

Any photo or pic of John Travolta, Tom Cruise or Kirstie Alley makes me want to scream at them. I mute, change the channel or whatever to avoid them

Scn words/phrases - I don't like using the words at all.

And I've been out 23 years.

Petey C

Ev Purps
low toned
case on post
other fish to fry
muster :puke:
wog job
out 2D
assist
drug case
middle class pts
out exchange
dirty needle

most of these still really annoy me but also make me roll my eyes

Yup. I agree with everything that's been listed here and elsewhere. Ever noticed that no-one is ever out 1D, 3D, 4D etc? Only ever out-2D. For us ex-SO-ers, I also LOATHE "sir". And how about liberty, that poor SO-er day-off-every-two-weeks-if-you're-lucky-and-your-stats-are-up-and-you-have-an-approved-CSW! Sorry, just a little bit of BPC -- another pet peeve! And while we're at it, how about "confront" -- as others have noted, it's cute how the Scilons can take a perfectly good word and turn it into something else. When I first got out I used to use it in the Scn sense but it alarmed people as it's an aggressive word in normal English. "Propaganda by re-definition of words" -- wasn't that a policy or something?

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yup. I agree with everything that's been listed here and elsewhere. Ever noticed that no-one is ever out 1D, 3D, 4D etc? Only ever out-2D. For us ex-SO-ers, I also LOATHE "sir". And how about liberty, that poor SO-er day-off-every-two-weeks-if-you're-lucky-and-your-stats-are-up-and-you-have-an-approved-CSW! Sorry, just a little bit of BPC -- another pet peeve! And while we're at it, how about "confront" -- as others have noted, it's cute how the Scilons can take a perfectly good word and turn it into something else. When I first got out I used to use it in the Scn sense but it alarmed people as it's an aggressive word in normal English. "Propaganda by re-definition of words" -- wasn't that a policy or something?

Oh, yeah. "Hey Dude, you are out-8D!" :dieslaughing:

And calling a female, "Sir." What a load of crap. Like all managers need to be male; female isn't good enough.