What's new

Trigger phrases that STILL freak us out

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Now, this may be a tribute to my continuing state of indoctrinatedness- hard to shake ALL of it- but I actually LIKE some Scn terms. But I think the thing is that different ones bug different people. I do think it's hard to shake this stuff off, even after years and years. I kinda like 2d, but I also think the facile way (notice I don't say "glib"- that's also been tainted for me) it slips out is troubling.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Oh! Yeah!!

and the reconfirming of events.

And the rereconfirming of events.

and the rerereconfirming of events!!!!!!

IAS thingies!!!!

Xcore

Patron
I didn't see it posted anywhere here yet but what about DB (Degraded Being).

I think that has to be the easiest way to turn someone from a human being with thoughts and emotions into a monster.

That one always got to me.

Xcore

Patron
Oh how could I have forgotten Dramatize?

You aren't allowed to show any negative emotion (unless it is toward juniors) or you are dramatizing.

and...

8C

I'm sure more will come to me now that I am reminiscing

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but I hesitate. This gets my vote for most likely to cause an EPIC BARF-A- PALOOZA-

I think it was at Auditor's Day events and maybe on May 9th events, li'l Davey leads the international congregation in a rousing chorus of Hey! nony na, hey nony we stand taaaaaaaallll!

:omg::hand::puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Jack

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
I'm sorry:bigcry: I didn't mean to break the thread!

(retires quietly, reciting The Man Prayer...):keelover:

Jack

:roflmao: Ok. I don't think you broke the thread. I wanted to tell you I got your comment about Davey and the song We Stand Tall. Here's how I felt about that: :dieslaughing:

But, please tell me, what is The Man Prayer?????

Last edited:

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thank God! :D

The Man Prayer comes from the old Red Green Show. I don't know when or where it was on. A friend turned me on to it via YouTube.

Red Green was an old country bumkin type who was always getting himself into trouble with his wife. Hence he had to pray for forgiveness...

(Bow head, recite somberly)

I'm a man,
but I can change,
If I have to,
I guess."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-lAAsfhrMY&feature=related
:roflmao:

Jack

Last edited:

amethyst

red line - like in you better make your red line or else......

outcomm

in ethics

PTS

to name a few - took me a year to learn real English again

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
Thank God! :D

The Man Prayer comes from the old Red Green Show. I don't know when or where it was on. A friend turned me on to it via YouTube.

Red Green was an old country bumkin type who was always getting himself into trouble with his wife. Hence he had to pray for forgiveness...

(Bow head, recite somberly)

I'm a man,
but I can change,
If I have to,
I guess."

:roflmao:

Jack

RIGHT, THAT'S RIGHT! :roflmao::roflmao: We watch The New Red Green Show. I should've known!
:dieslaughing:

cantsay

Patron Meritorious
My absolute most hated was "stop dramatising", which meant "dont ever show neghative emotion", and "CI".

Otherwise it was CSW (the lengths youd have to go through to have Christmas arvo off to see your family were rediculous), IAS, all-hands, and the good ol "make it go right".

amethyst

yes - CSW - god my husband used to tell me "you have to CSW for ....." fill in the blank - new car, new clothes, whatever.....I just told him to shut up or I'd comm ev him.....

how about third party ---- like in don't third party him.....