What's new

TWTH info request

Spork

Patron with Honors
I’m looking for recent info. on the COS’ The Way to Happiness booklet and campaign. (Recent = in the past 5 years or so. I’ve fallen out of date on TWTH since leaving the COS 20 years ago.)

I should be very grateful for help with any of these questions:

Current authorized edition(s):

Does anyone have scans of a recent print copy of TWTH (in English)?
Are English copies identical for USA, Canada, Australia, NZ, UK, Ireland, S. Africa etc or are there regional variants?

Budget / scale of operation:

(I doubt anyone knows this for sure but educated guesses from insiders welcome) How much does the COS allot annually for the TWTH campaign?
What are their “targets” for TWTH “dissemination”?
What are their TWTH “stats” and do they seem to be meeting those stats lately?

Print distribution and marketing:

Does the COS have a precise target demographic for TWTH, identified by age, income, occupation, ethnicity, “ruin” etc?

What’s the size of a typical print run for TWTH in English? Is the printing centralized and then shipped out to orgs or done locally?

Is TWTH sent through the mail? If so how do they decide on the mailing list – is it some subset of “central files” and how do they pick this subset?

“Body router” types who stand on street corners: are they handing out TWTH? how often do these types get out there? in what kinds of places do they hang out? Is there any method to this?

“Parasite” campaigning through the workplaces of certain professionals:
I’ve heard of TWTH appearing in the offices of doctors, dentists etc. Whose “hat” is it to lean on these professionals and arrange this? Is this done in an ad hoc way or is it some COS official’s job to manage it?

Mysterious appearances of TWTH elsewhere – public places? private places with high people throughput e.g. hotel rooms?

Electronic distribution:

Has anyone ever received a PDF (or similar) of TWTH via email? If so how did you get it? (Were you on a COS mailing list? was it forwarded to you by a “friend”? or was it spam?)

TWTH Propaganda Centre:

I heard there was work on some kind of Way to Happiness Museum, a physical building IIRC in California somewhere. Does anyone have up-to-date info on whether this ever got going, is running now or will be soon?

Other TWTH campaigning:

Anything I missed?

I hope all these questions haven’t sounded like a “sec check”. TIA for any help.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
What’s the size of a typical print run for TWTH in English? Is the printing centralized and then shipped out to orgs or done locally?

I heard there was work on some kind of Way to Happiness Museum, a physical building IIRC in California somewhere. Does anyone have up-to-date info on whether this ever got going, is running now or will be soon?

The HQ of TWTH is a building in Glendale (Los Angeles), 201 E Broadway, Glendale, CA 91205, more details via Google. Great location. I walked past it dozens of times when I lived nearby. It was always empty of visitors. Fancy that. :)

They have a mammoth print machine downstairs there, and print in house. It's a computerized print-on-demand set-up, so they can print a thousand copies in Greek as easily as ten copies in English. There are probably photos of the machine online but you can Google it as easily as I can.

Paul