What's new

uber-normal perceptions

Well today I had an MRI - but more of that in a moment. Last night my nephew's friend was telling me that he has extended vision. What, I asked, do you mean by that? I see slightly into the UV. He went on the tell me about looking at flowers - they seem to have an aura, a kind of glow. I asked - well, how about black lights? He said they seem bright to him. You know the tests with the colored dots? He said there were several hundred of them - most people can do 2/3's of them ( I don't recall the exact #'s he said - so forgive my approximation) - he can do them all.

I have always wanted to post about Mike - a childhood friend. One day he was sitting at a café in NYC, (again the caveat about memory inaccuracies) with his girl friend, with whom I presume he was in love with. In walks this guy, whom neither have seen before - he strikes up a conversation with the GF. When he gets up to leave - she also gets up and walks out of Mike's life.

What does he do? He exteriorizes ( he's not a Scio so didn't call it that) and is suddenly seeing through the walls of the buildings - sort of like x-ray vision - seeing into rooms, seeing what people are doing. Around the time he told me this, I wanted to get him interested in Scientology so I showed him a grade chart - particularly the chart of awareness levels up the middle of the chart. The one that he felt best described him - power. He commented on the one for problems, saying - these guys try to hassle me, calling me a long haired hippy freak ( this was back in the late 60's ) And I'd say ok and not oppose them and they'd leave me alone.

Now for the MRI. So I am laying in the tube and the machine makes a bunch of noise- then the nurse tells me to hold my breath. I feel/see this glow or warmth above my stomach ( they are scanning my kidneys) It clicks off and he tells me to let out my breath. This happened each time he repeated the scan. I asked him about it, and he said perhaps it is the magnets causing my cells to vibrate. But! This was in the air above my stomach, not in my stomach. woooo.

Have you had uber-normal perceptions? Please share them.

Mimsey

Well today I had an MRI - but more of that in a moment. Last night my nephew's friend was telling me that he has extended vision. What, I asked, do you mean by that? I see slightly into the UV. He went on the tell me about looking at flowers - they seem to have an aura, a kind of glow. I asked - well, how about black lights? He said they seem bright to him. You know the tests with the colored dots? He said there were several hundred of them - most people can do 2/3's of them ( I don't recall the exact #'s he said - so forgive my approximation) - he can do them all.

I have always wanted to post about Mike - a childhood friend. One day he was sitting at a café in NYC, (again the caveat about memory inaccuracies) with his girl friend, with whom I presume he was in love with. In walks this guy, whom neither have seen before - he strikes up a conversation with the GF. When he gets up to leave - she also gets up and walks out of Mike's life.

What does he do? He exteriorizes ( he's not a Scio so didn't call it that) and is suddenly seeing through the walls of the buildings - sort of like x-ray vision - seeing into rooms, seeing what people are doing. Around the time he told me this, I wanted to get him interested in Scientology so I showed him a grade chart - particularly the chart of awareness levels up the middle of the chart. The one that he felt best described him - power. He commented on the one for problems, saying - these guys try to hassle me, calling me a long haired hippy freak ( this was back in the late 60's ) And I'd say ok and not oppose them and they'd leave me alone.

Now for the MRI. So I am laying in the tube and the machine makes a bunch of noise- then the nurse tells me to hold my breath. I feel/see this glow or warmth above my stomach ( they are scanning my kidneys) It clicks off and he tells me to let out my breath. This happened each time he repeated the scan. I asked him about it, and he said perhaps it is the magnets causing my cells to vibrate. But! This was in the air above my stomach, not in my stomach. woooo.

Mimsey

Sorry, too busy right now reading;

Mind over Matter, started by Elder Claire Swayzey with fascinating contributions by our new Member, Tom Booth. Member Tom Booth has also contributed a huge amount in his derailment of Tory Magoo's thread, "Tory Magoo --Another Sea Org Member Out".

So I'm all woo wooed out on woowoo spam trolling.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Sorry, too busy right now reading;

Mind over Matter, started by Elder Claire Swayzey with fascinating contributions by our new Member, Tom Booth. Member Tom Booth has also contributed a huge amount in his derailment of Tory Magoo's thread, "Tory Magoo --Another Sea Org Member Out".

So I'm all woo wooed out on woowoo spam trolling.

Who's "Claire Swayzey"?

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

Mimsey

Nothing consistent, but sometimes I know stuff without having had any discernable way to have known it.

Mimsey

cooooooool...

RogerB

Crusader
Mimsey,

My recommendation to you is to honor your perception. Don't doubt it or question it.

Supra-perception is in actuality quite "quite routine" . . . just that folks don't talk too much about it among those folks who are "normal" . . . they run into too much inval if they do.

This piece from my book that cites a "Science Times" reference . . .

Beyond Normal Perception

An article dated November 29, 2005, in the Science Times section of The New York Times, referred to this. The article reported on research carried out at the University of Virginia into the perception characteristics of the best baseball hitters.

The article opened with the comment, “Athletes on a hot streak often describe warps in space-time that Einstein did not anticipate: basketball hoops appearing as wide as hula hoops, tennis balls that seem to move in slow motion, golf outings in which the cups seem as easy to hit as manholes.”

The article went on to say that the research found, “The changes in perception are apparently real . . . ”

Based on my personal experience as an athlete and in dealing with other champion athletes, I can vouch for the existence of these perception capabilities “beyond the norm.”

Another:

Living & Learning Holographically

Some students not only operate holographically, as in the examples above, but learn holographically. We commonly find this with elite, champion athletes. They are quite holographic in both their operating in life and in their method of learning. “Book learning” can be a little tiresome and difficult for these types of students. They like to be active and to “get into things.” Learning is a fully experiential process for them, not just a theoretical ivory tower-type affair.

A description of holographic learning, living or operating might be a little difficult to convey to those who are not so inclined; rather like describing the smell of a rose to a person who has never had any sense of smell, or the beauty of a sunset to a person who has been sightless all his or her life. Remember the earlier example of Bill Dreyer describing to an incredulous colleague that his thinking is in “Three-Dimensional Technicolor instead of words.”

For those who are holographic in their living and learning, the “pictures” in their minds are not flat nor particularly separate and apart from them; the images they perceive are fully three-dimensionally holographic, and the person can often be surrounded by the image if they choose. It is as though the image is at one with them, throughout them, or that they are present throughout the image.

Similarly, in life, their perception of the environment is often holographic in that they don’t just see straight ahead where their eyes are looking; they often experience “being at and with what they are perceiving in the physical environment.”

I remember hearing a star baseball slugger describing how, when he is “on,” or “in the Zone,” it’s as though he is “with the ball as it is coming in from the pitcher.” You’ll often hear champion sports stars describe these magic moments when they were aware of everything “all around them,” and they “had all the time in the world to act”; “opponents appear to be in slow motion.” Folks often experience these kinds of perception changes on vacation when spanning marvelous, vast spaces or expanded vistas such as mountain ranges.

On inspection, we find this to be very much a natural spiritual perception phenomenon. It is not limited in the manner that physical eyesight is.

Investigation has found this ability to perceive or visualize in three-dimensional holographic terms to be more of a spiritual ability than a “mental” ability. The difficulty with this in our western society is that our culture is not very comfortable recognizing the true nature of our spiritual powers, and the terms of reference used are muddied and not clearly defined.

And another, this on holographic perception:
Dyslexia May Well be the Mark of A Higher Level
of Natural Ability
Far from being a disability, dyslexia may well be the mark of a higher level of natural ability not expressed by the “normal” student who is content, or forced, to learn only by rote.

The Fortune Magazine article cites the use of this higher ability by the individuals covered:

Bill Dreyer, an inventor and biologist at Caltech, recalls a dinner party conversation years ago in which he told a colleague how his dyslexic brain works: “I think in 3-D Technicolor pictures instead of words.” “You what?” replied the incredulous colleague. The two argued the rest of the night how that was possible.
Dreyer believes that thinking in 3-D pictures enabled him to develop groundbreaking theories about how antibodies are made, and then to invent one of the first protein-sequencing machines, which helped launch the human genome revolution. “I was able to see the machine in my head and rotate valves and actually see the instrumentation,” he says. “I don’t think of dyslexia as a deficiency. It’s like having CAD (computer-aided design) in your brain. I bet these other guys see business in 3-D too.”

In his office, John Chambers (Cisco) goes from wounded to animated as he heads to the dry-erase board to show that’s exactly what he does. “I can’t explain why, but I just approach problems differently,” he says. “It’s very easy for me to jump from A to Z. I picture a chess game on a multiple-layer dimensional cycle and almost play it out in my mind. But it’s not a chess game. It’s business. I don’t make moves one at a time. I can usually anticipate the potential outcome and where the Y’s in the road will occur.”

Like Chambers, Charles Schwab fast-forwards past the smaller, logical steps of logical thinkers. “Many times I can see a solution to something and synthesize things differently and quicker than other people,” he says. In meetings, “I can see the end zone and say, ‘This is where we need to go.’” This annoys sequential thinkers, he says, because it shortcuts their “rigorous step-by-step process.”

The famed scientist-inventor, Nikola Tesla, also had this ability to visualize his inventions holographically as 3-D working models that he could actually operate and, as needed, deconstruct, amend and reconstruct. (Wickipedia.com has a wonderful write-up on Tesla’s spectacular accomplishments for those not familiar with the name at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla.)

It is this three-dimensional holographic perception that dyslexics often operate with that can give them difficulty reading two-dimensional imagery on paper.

There was an article I read (don't laugh) in Playboy about Jackie Stewart ( I think that's who it was) talking about driving formula one and how time would slow down as he drove at speed. He related a story about some how missing a massive certain car wreck in the rain and having no idea how he did. Mimsey

ON BEING NERVOUS
“Of course I am [nervous], and the intensity of the nervousness is like that of a person about to go in for major surgery. But by the time the race actually starts, I see things through absolutely cold, crystal-clear eyes, without fear or apprehension of any kind. It’s a strange feeling, a feeling of being totally removed from the scene and looking at it from the outside, as though I’m no longer a part of my body. But this is an acquired talent it’s taken a long time to perfect, and it helps me immensely.”

http://playboy.co.za/classic-sports-interviews-jackie-stewart

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I had someone describe to me a time in their life when they were what they called " the zone" : knew who was going to appear, what they were going to say, could see around them colors & shapes that described them - and this went on for a few hours. This was a non-scio person.

Can thoughts become things ?
Do we control our perception of what others call 'reality' ?
Are we really eternal beings?
Can in this physical life form somehow we connect to universal intelligence of the non-physical form ?

I suspect all these things & more are very true. The sad part of scientology is it seems to intentionally lead one away from all the beauty of life & onlt into a place where one can only end up alone & isolated..

catarina

PTS Type III
The usual stuff that many seem to experience sometimes of thinking hard about a person and suddenly have them call you or you run into them.

When I'm hypomanic, I see colours much more intensely and contours are sharper. The world tends to look a lot prettier, even things that would normally seem dull like a lamp post or a concrete floor can be very beautiful. Dead things can have a sort of live vibration. My hearing is more sensitive and music is amazing. Minor coincidences like noticing a yellow truck and then a car passes by in exactly the same shade of yellow can make me euphoric (true example). On a few occasions, I've had "visions" regarding the nature of the universe, though very visual and not something I could write down, and I only have vague recollections of it afterwards.

It can be a really cool experience, but I never found it all that useful, it's more like a holiday to a beautiful lake in the mountains.

I had someone describe to me a time in their life when they were what they called " the zone" : knew who was going to appear, what they were going to say, could see around them colors & shapes that described them - and this went on for a few hours. This was a non-scio person. snip
A friend of mine who is still a scio told me a story - he had a win from session - and he walked around and everything happened perfectly - if he wanted a taxi, he'd walk out side and one would pull up, if he went on the subway train, it would pull up just as he walked on the platform, right in front of him and the doors would slide open so he wouldn't even break his stride entering it. I don't know how long it went on for, but it was perhaps the high point of his life. He did a bunch of bridge, including the L's trying to get it to happen again, and to the best of my knowledge, he never regained that state, despite several corrections of his L's.

An interesting question is: was this synchronicity some thing he caused ( per scientology's meme of the thetan being cause over MEST) or was it his aligning him self with existence, so he got up from his desk at the right time to walk out in the street where the taxi would pull up?

Mimsey

Last edited:

catarina

PTS Type III
Considering that standing joke of the published OT wins nowadays being the ability to find a parking spot, me and my hubby do have a lot of fun about the fact that he really is exceptionally lucky about finding parking, usually somebody close to the entrance drives off just as we are approaching. I never had a partner who could do this as consistently. :yes:

Considering that standing joke of the published OT wins nowadays being the ability to find a parking spot, me and my hubby do have a lot of fun about the fact that he really is exceptionally lucky about finding parking, usually somebody close to the entrance drives off just as we are approaching. I never had a partner who could do this as consistently. :yes:
I have experienced that, the thinking about some one and they call, a high percentage of knowing who's calling me, pulling out the correct change or opening a dictionary to the correct page. But does it happen 100% of the time? That Scandi guy with the $1mil hasn't handed it over to me yet.:whistling:

Mimsey