What's new

UK Interviewees needed for Documentary film.

KND Film

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and would like to tell you about a film that i'm developing for a final major at Portsmouth University (UK). I've been researching into scientology for a while now and all of the different sides and opinions that individuals and groups have, and their is certainly a vast amount! The documentary were producing will focus on both sides of those opinions, notably what it has brought for some people in a positive and negative sense. Were your experiences true to those that currently oppose the church? i.e. Anonymous. Are the public misinformed about Scientology? Why did you join? What made you leave?

Ultmately were looking for ex-scientologists that would be willing to tell their story whether good or bad in an interview for the film. I'm well aware that this could still be a sensitive subject to some, but were really looking for someone who is willing to tell us how they found it inside and what kind of experiences and reception they recieved during that time. Your privacy is well respected so we will darken or pixelate anyone who does not feel comfortable in front of camera for identity purposes.

We are based in the UK (London and Portsmouth) so were interested in any UK based ex-members who could help us out with the film and provide us with some valuable info.

You can contact me through PM if your interested or need any further info,

Kind regards,

Ken

Hi OSA, how are you?
You posted this shit on Enturbulation, and yet you didn'tprovide a Website,and an e-mail.
Anon has a saying: Obvious Troll is Obvious. May body thethans send you to venus.

Anon, Marcabian Fleet Invader.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and would like to tell you about a film that i'm developing for a final major at Portsmouth University (UK). I've been researching into scientology for a while now and all of the different sides and opinions that individuals and groups have, and their is certainly a vast amount! The documentary were producing will focus on both sides of those opinions, notably what it has brought for some people in a positive and negative sense.

We are based in the UK (London and Portsmouth) so were interested in any UK based ex-members who could help us out with the film and provide us with some valuable info.

You can contact me through PM if your interested or need any further info,

Kind regards,

Ken

First, watch this TV 4 documentary: A Beginner's Guide to L.Ron Hubbard

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1786568759674213741

Next, Contact RO UK, Clive Nicol, he can, if he chooses put you in comm with various UK former members of the Co$.

Last, attend an anonymous b-day party on March 15. Bound to be a few ex's in the crowd.

If you are legit, you'll find the recommendations worthwhile. If not, who cares what you think. :)

Mark A. Baker

hartley

Patron with Honors
I'm afraid Mr Anno Onymous is correct. If you have as you say done some research already you would know that your approach is wrong. The way to do this is through back channels, not in public.

Also, if you have done research you must know that the cult will not cooperate in anything 'balanced'. You will end up, as Panorama did, with another anti-scientology film just by letting the camera roll.

The cult is very concerned about possible defections at present, and would love to have the kind of information you are asking for. To be honest, no one is IMO going to risk anything to help with a project that would not benefit the cause. Indeed, I would advise them not to do so.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
KND Film is quite legitimate. I was given his detetails and he checks out.

I don't understand the level of paranoia here. Am I missing something?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
KND Film is quite legitimate. I was given his detetails and he checks out.

I don't understand the level of paranoia here. Am I missing something?

I think that the 'source' is that such 'I'm making a documentary' and 'I'm doing a story' and 'I'm writing a paper' is a dime a dozen on ARS, and, now here

I'm not sure how one can present his 'bona fides', but, it does need something more than the kind of 'I'm this; believe me' thing. Hartley is right, any journalist *must* have done enough research to ask credible questions before he'll be welcomed with open arms.

On the one hand, paranoia is bad, but, on the other, lack of paranoia when dealing with the 'Church' of Scientology, especially on an 'ex-scientologist' message board would be silly.

Zinj