What's new

UK Only: Anonymous & V for Vendetta

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious
Tonight, Saturday 20th December, 10.25pm BBC2: V for Vendetta, the film. Masked anarchist Hugo Weaving sets out to undermine the rule of a futuristic Britain’s totalitarian government. With John Hurt, Natalie Portman and Stephen Fry. Two hours long. (All as stated in TV Choice)

V for Vendetta is apparently the movie that inspired Anonymous to wear those Guy Fawkes masks.

I don’t know any more than that.

Pixie

Crusader
Tonight, Saturday 20th December, 10.25pm BBC2: V for Vendetta, the film. Masked anarchist Hugo Weaving sets out to undermine the rule of a futuristic Britain’s totalitarian government. With John Hurt, Natalie Portman and Stephen Fry. Two hours long. (All as stated in TV Choice)

V for Vendetta is apparently the movie that inspired Anonymous to wear those Guy Fawkes masks.

Yes, that is correct. Thanks for the info, I'll be watching that for sure... :D

Oh V.... :drool: ... where have you been all my life... :melodramatic:

Snuffy

Patron Meritorious

Most likely it was the graphic novel by Alan Moore. Much better than the film:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/V-Vendetta-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229770834&sr=1-1

Happy reading!

RK

Pixie

Crusader
Snuffy I LOVE your new Avatar!!! An excellent and very positive card indeed, good for fresh starts and new beginnings. :thumbsup:

Snuffy

Patron Meritorious
Snuffy I LOVE your new Avatar!!! An excellent and very positive card indeed, good for fresh starts and new beginnings. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Always been a fan of the Rider-Waite Fool, the way he's happy and daydreaming and walking off a cliff without realizing it. Also like the Magician and the Hermit. Strength and Temperance, too.

Yours looks a little High Priestess-ish to me. Am I right?

RK

Snuffy

Patron Meritorious
Indeed it is, you can pick it up in most book stores. Also worth reading is Watchmen.

Watchmen's one of the best things I've ever read, of whatever medium,be it novel, short-story, play or poetry. I was a kind of Alan Moore geek for a while after that.

RK

Pixie

Crusader
Thanks. Always been a fan of the Rider-Waite Fool, the way he's happy and daydreaming and walking off a cliff without realizing it. Also like the Magician and the Hermit. Strength and Temperance, too.

Yours looks a little High Priestess-ish to me. Am I right?

RK

It really does, how observant of you, I must have did this unconsciously, interesting. Someone painted me once as a high priestess, it's a difficult card to describe, very secretive... :coolwink: ... and very deep...

To some, the cards are a path, and at any one time, one is working through a particular card. If the journey follows the sequence of the cards, one may find a more pleasant journey.

Do you read cards Snuffy?

Snuffy

Patron Meritorious
It really does, how observant of you, I must have did this unconsciously, interesting. Someone painted me once as a high priestess, it's a difficult card to describe, very secretive... :coolwink: ... and very deep...

To some, the cards are a path, and at any one time, one is working through a particular card. If the journey follows the sequence of the cards, one may find a more pleasant journey.

Do you read cards Snuffy?

No, but I like to study the symbolism, especially the alcemical stuff, cross-reference it with Jung and others, and use them from time to time as meditation/inspiration tools. Reading fortunes with them, I think, is a cheapening of them. A dumbing down of them. But that's just my opinion.