What's new

Um, Marty? "'Freezone' e-meter vendors" "now require investigation." ??

OperatingSP

Patron with Honors
[Much of this was posted in the middle of another thread after, and based on developments after, that thread had been created. IMHO, it got buried and didn't receive the attention it deserves. I think it deserves its own thread. YMMV. If not, I'm sure it will be combined or domed, and I'll be properly chastised by the Moderators.]

On the subject of auditing over Skype, Michael A. Hobson, Independent Scientologist, Indie 500 #99, patiently explained that the "certain unscrupulous 'Freezone' e-meter vendors" who promote "this particular piece of bullshit" (i.e., auditing over Skype) "now require investigation."

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/201...comment-238436
Mike Hobson | November 8, 2012 at 1:38 am | Reply

Marty,

Thank you for putting your foot down on this particular piece of bullshit. I’m not even a classed auditor, yet I understand why this so totally wrong. But there is a subtle point some folks may have overlooked here:

(1) only an ex-Churchie experienced PC is at all likely to pony up for the remote e-meter gear so they can be audited over the Internet…

(2) In every auditor’s immediate neighborhood, town or city, there are literally hundreds or thousands of persons who have not yet been contacted and introduced to Scientology…

(3) Points 1 and 2 mean that an Internet Auditor *not bringing new people into Scientology*, but instead scavenging existing Scientologists who left Co$.

(4) It also means such a so-called “auditor” has about zero confront or awareness of the people in the world right around him who sorely need him to set them on the road to Total Freedom.

God help us!

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
Indie 500 #99
cbf44669bf5c6d83d113b92080687a0a
Mike Hobson | November 8, 2012 at 11:36 am | Reply

There is another, far more important point I left out.

pre-Clear or pre-OT of an “auditor” doing remote Internet based auditing has to have their own Internet remote e-meter!!!! For Ron Hubbard brand Standard Tech auditing, only the auditor needs to own an e-meter (actually two (2) per the Checklist For Setting Up A Session HCOB).

The above should tell you all you need to know: this gross out-tech was originated by and is promoted by certain unscrupulous “Freezone” e-meter vendors so they can sell far more of their e-meters than they otherwise might. For those of us with the time and inclination, I would say that these persons now require investigation.

Michael A. Hobson
Indie 500 #99
1a3674b3a2a2c0a40b1e5b0b767ad882
greenonwhite | November 8, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Reply

Hey Mike. “Thank you for putting your foot down on this particular piece of bullshit.”
Do you know what happens between your toes if you do this? Yeww.
icon_smile.gif
What fascinates me is not that Michael A. Hobson, Independent Scientologist, Indie 500 #99, wrote the following about auditing over Skype, but that Marty (or one of his moderators) thought it would be a good thing to post on his blog:

The above should tell you all you need to know: this gross out-tech was originated by and is promoted by certain unscrupulous “Freezone” e-meter vendors so they can sell far more of their e-meters than they otherwise might. For those of us with the time and inclination, I would say that these persons now require investigation.

Michael A. Hobson
Indie 500 #99
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/201...comment-238465

Leaving aside such puny "wog" morality concepts of tolerance, mutual acceptance, freedom of speech and freedom of religion, and looking at it solely from an First or Third Dynamic "self"-interested perspective, and applying analytical cost-benefit analysis, did anyone (other than Michael A. Hobson, Independent Scientologist, Indie 500 #99) think that this particular comment: (1) would intimidate or deter anyone from auditing over Skype; or (2) would not make so-called Independent Scientologists look like scary and intolerant nut-jobs?

"[T]hese people now require investigation." Some moderator thought it was a good idea to post this on Marty's blog? Per Marty: (a) "End of discussion on this blog about skype auditing": but (b) discussion of investigating dissenters is perfectly ok? Really?

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I agree with you that this is highly significant.

Shocking, actually.

Michael A. Hobson Independent Scientologist Indie 500 #99, seems to be reaching for an OSA hat to put on, but the shocking thing is that nobody told him not to be silly, or that we've had enough of that in the past from the Cof$.

I see it as a sign of the rising temperature in Non-Cof$ Scientology.

A truly reformed Scientology would be careful not to walk down that road.

Shocking, actually.

Michael A. Hobson Independent Scientologist Indie 500 #99, seems to be reaching for an OSA hat to put on, but the shocking thing is that nobody told him not to be silly, or that we've had enough of that in the past from the Cof$.

"Highly Significant"?: :no:

First Class Indicator of Rampant Idiocy: :yes:

Mark A. Baker

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is another pissing contest between indie groups, and I'm sure there will be more until someone (Marty maybe?) feels enough pressure from his adoring fans to do something drastic like issue a declare or two in order to stamp out "bad tech". LRH had to do it, why not Marty? Maybe we should take bets; who will be the first Indie group leader to actually declare another indie suppressive?

Anonycat

Crusader

Shocking, actually.

I'm not getting something. You take the only hope for humanity, you take the top elite of that, you set them free to demonstrate what earth-shattering wins can be had from doing it right. But then it's not okay - it's like a clown car act gone horribly wrong, with overturned clowns, with multi-clown pile-ups and no one comes out without having lost their wig and smeared their make-up.

Here, this is what I mean:

[video=youtube;AssNIRtAz7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AssNIRtAz7k[/video]

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
But there is a subtle point some folks may have overlooked here:

(1) only an ex-Churchie experienced PC is at all likely to pony up for the remote e-meter gear so they can be audited over the Internet…

(2) In every auditor’s immediate neighborhood, town or city, there are literally hundreds or thousands of persons who have not yet been contacted and introduced to Scientology…

(3) Points 1 and 2 mean that an Internet Auditor *not bringing new people into Scientology*, but instead scavenging existing Scientologists who left Co$.

tldr; they are competing for our customers!!!!

Anonycat

Crusader
This is another pissing contest between indie groups, and I'm sure there will be more until someone (Marty maybe?) feels enough pressure from his adoring fans to do something drastic like issue a declare or two in order to stamp out "bad tech". LRH had to do it, why not Marty? Maybe we should take bets; who will be the first Indie group leader to actually declare another indie suppressive?

That's when I make my move and declare both of them.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

[/FONT]

They can't help but walk down that road, if LRH is still their idol. The big conflict with these guys will be "Our tech is purer than your tech" or "We're truer to LRH than you are". A pissing contest for superiority.

Anonycat

Crusader
They can't help but walk down that road, if LRH is still their idol. The big conflict with these guys will be "Our tech is purer than your tech" or "We're truer to LRH than you are". A pissing contest for superiority.

I agree, so now the only question is who among us will laugh out loud about it.

Caspar de Rijk did that ages ago. He is Dutch; he had some kind of "tech' that he was pushing. I don't remember much more.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Meanwhile, in Martyland:

by Steve Hall

"Since our summit meeting at Casablanca 5 weeks ago, I’ve been working around the clock to make progress on some strategic marketing objectives for Independent Scientology. I broke up production into two phases, phase one was iScientology.org launched on October 12. And if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, we received the loftiest compliment imaginable from the Church of Scientology who are now pretending to be us. The CoS purchased www.iscientology.com and pointed it to their website. Amazing! Like someone isn’t going to notice? It’s like Charles Manson meeting with the parole board and swearing he’s Brad Pitt."

(Emphasis mine.)

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

Freezone, they're gonna KSW you right out of town.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Meanwhile, in Martyland:

by Steve Hall

"Since our summit meeting at Casablanca 5 weeks ago, I’ve been working around the clock to make progress on some strategic marketing objectives for Independent Scientology. I broke up production into two phases, phase one was iScientology.org launched on October 12. And if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, we received the loftiest compliment imaginable from the Church of Scientology who are now pretending to be us. The CoS purchased www.iscientology.com and pointed it to their website. Amazing! Like someone isn’t going to notice? It’s like Charles Manson meeting with the parole board and swearing he’s Brad Pitt."

(Emphasis mine.)

Its brilliant. They're going to start a web site and fill it with so much success story content about Scientology and selling the L Ron Hubbard book "Self Analysis" (AKA ARC Straightwire) and there will such theta generated at this site it will topple the Google rankings and expose Indie Dependent Scientology (and the cult's bookstore) to 1.3 million people thus saving the planet.

Free Being Me

Crusader

Shocking, actually.

Indie vs Indie, Michael A. Hobson Independent Scientologist Indie 500 #99 (Indie OSA and Ethics Officer pro-tem), is a delicious hilarity of foot bulletry from both camps, comedy of the highest order. I can't stop laughing, especially when I reread the o.p. You can't make this stuff up! Clown vs Clown denunciations over a cult! I'm pmsl!

PieFightPhoto2.jpg

Last edited:

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sad, pathetic, looney #99 inDEPENDENT Mertorious Scientologist Gestapo Wannabe Herr Michael Hobson is really turbo charging over the batshit crazy cliff with total abandon.

I'm going to play the scary armchair psych because I've encountered quite a few guys like Mike (at least online they are a dime a dozen) but without the batshit Scientology beliefs in the mix. But since I do know quite a few Ex-SO and know more than is probably healthy about CoS and the SO, I think I have pretty good insight into Mikes psyche - at least the one he unleashes online. A few people who have actually met Mike describe him as sweet, docile which isn't really surprising. It's only online, protected by the separation of his computer screen, he feels embolden to behave the way he does. In real life, in actual social interaction, I'm sure he's pretty self conscious and is more concerned about be liked and accepted in person.

His online activity and posts indicate he lives a pretty isolated life and online activity is his major form of interaction with people, but he would certainly like to have more of a social life. (But I think we can all easily see why #99's social life isn't on fire.) He seems to have hopes that if he becomes Marty's pet maybe he will have to be accepted by the independent boys club and dreams of going fishing with Marty and Steve.

Even though he badly wanted to be a SO bully, putting in ethics on others he managed to fail inside the official cult so he's thinks he's getting a second chance to do it with the dependents.

I think this has more to do with #99 Hobson spending the past 20 years, after getting kicked out of the SO, as a angry, isolated, overweight guy who couldn't hold down a job or form social bonds with others. (The senior citizen version of the tubby internet nerd living in his mom's basement.) Rather than self-reflection as to why he was in his current state, or trying to take steps to change, he went deeper into Scientology to confirm a false sense of superiority and his desperate need to be an all knowing authority on at least something.

So even though wogs might view him as a loser he knows, because LRH tells him, he is really superior to all those dumb wogs wasting their MEST lives. On one hand the total self delusion is really sad and things will only get worse for him as he gets more fanatical but on the other, what a pompous asshole, seriously. Any one so deeply invested in being superior and thinking he's above his fellow human beings doesn't get much sympathy from me.

I find even more disturbing that he's now trying to be the indie top cop inquisitor. I think the powerlessness in his real life drives him to try and be a bully (and have power) in the role playing game of Scientology. It's not all that unusual, and found in all facets of society. For instance, people who were bullied as kids are many times drawn to jobs in law enforcement, because it gives them the power and means they will never be bullied by others again, or in the worst cases it allows them to take revenge on the world by bullying others.

Unfortunately, I think Hobson falls into that latter category and wants to wear some bizarro inDependent OSA henchmen cap in order to take out his bitterness and anger on others. The whole ridiculous loyal officer claptrap Hubbard has convinced him of only makes matters that much worse.

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
Meanwhile, in Martyland:

by Steve Hall

(Emphasis mine.)

Actually, not picking up the dotcom version of the name is pretty fucking stupid. And, no, many people won't pick up on the difference in the last part of the address.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
[Much of this was posted in the middle of another thread after, and based on developments after, that thread had been created. IMHO, it got buried and didn't receive the attention it deserves. I think it deserves its own thread. YMMV. If not, I'm sure it will be combined or domed, and I'll be properly chastised by the Moderators.]

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I am kinda over all these new threads about Martyworld clogging up Today's Posts. How many are there now on Page 1? I know this is of interest to some and a thread or two is okay, but geez......

ps I just counted - 7 threads.

Andtheyalllived

Patron with Honors
Meanwhile, in Martyland:

by Steve Hall

(Emphasis mine.)

How can you use the overblown phrase "Strategic marketing objectives" and then let the other guy get .com when you used .org? Especially after saying "This is a project! Phases! Around the clock! Launching!" And then actually call attention to to F-up, and pretend the other guy is playing catchup to your brilliant strategy?

How can you use the overblown phrase "Strategic marketing objectives" and then let the other guy get .com when you used .org? Especially after saying "This is a project! Phases! Around the clock! Launching!" And then actually call attention to to F-up, and pretend the other guy is playing catchup to your brilliant strategy?

The thing to remember about guys like Rathbun, Rinder, and yes, Steve Hall is they are not just any former members of the church. :no: These guys were all key operatives of the OSA, one of the most suppressive and deliberately self-blinding organizations within the Co$.

Don't expect good sense, wisdom, or reason from any of them. Any good sense they might have had at some point in their lives was thoroughly trained out of them by years of involvement with OSA. This is why their indivigual roads to recovery will be such a particularly long & grueling one, made all the worse by their own natural presumption of having already mastered their own rehabilitation.

They do not see any need for "help" for themselves; it is instead their role to "help" others. :eyeroll:

The first step to any recovery process is to recognize the existence of the problem and a need for help. They are all in denial about this. Indeed, they have spent much of their lives dedicated to training themselves to block such personal insights and genuine self-awareness where it may conflict with the goals of l. ron hubbard. That is a very sad state in which to be.

It is the fact that they routinely behave like @ssholes which serves as ample evidence of their need for pity from others. They are all quite toxic. Any one with good sense would know they are damaged goods and can not be relied upon to provide good judgement in leadership.

Mark A. Baker

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
No-one has named these mythical suppressive e-meter vendors, especially The Enforcer. Who are they supposed to be?

Ralph Hilton has been manufacturing computerised meters for what, ten years? I bought a C-meter from him in 2006/7. I haven't heard of him promoting telepathic metering at all. I believe he promotes "standard tech" these days. Actually, I don't know if he still sells the C-meter. His cmeter.org website seems to have died.

Hank Levin, who manufactures the Clarity Meter, has done telepathic metering, I believe, but I haven't heard of him promoting it in the past few years. Robert D was using a Clarity meter when he audited me in 2004, and maybe still does. Before 2012, Robert was the only person apart from myself I have seen openly promoting telepathic metering.

Then there's the Mindwalker guy, and the Thetameter guy (link is to a US dealer, who has a better website than the Russian manufacturer), and the Starlight meter guy, but as far as I know they are as quiet online as church mice. Oh, and I haven't heard that Barry Penberthy (Ability Meter) has snuffed it so I guess he is still in business, but he's as quiet as the others.

So, #99, who the fuck are you referring to?

Paul

Last edited: