What's new

UN foils Scientology infiltration attempt

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
Has this been cross posted yet? :/ Sorry if it's a repeat.

The UN has foiled the attempted infiltration of Scientologists

CULTS | An accredited NGOs would serve as a Trojan horse for a "summit" organized covertly by the Church of Scientology.

ALAIN JOURDAN | 28.08.2009 | 00:00

The Church of Scientology has tried to pass the gates of the Palais des Nations, but could not do it. Initially, the 6th Annual International Summit on Human Rights was held at the UN. Its organizers, Des jeunes pour les droits de l'homme (Youth for Human Rights) and Village Suisse ONG, had to fall back on the quiet lounges of the Hotel Intercontinental. The proximity of these two organizations with the Church of Scientology eventually arouse suspicion, prompting the UN not to lend meeting room.

Des jeunes pour les droits de l'homme , whose statutes have been deposited in Switzerland, is a direct offshoot of the American Youth For Human Rights International, known as one of the satellites of Scientology. French Martine Rhein and Belgian Christian Mirre came to Geneva to oversee the staging of the conference which opens today. They make no secret of their membership in the organization founded by Ron Hubbard, but they ensure that there is no link between the Church of Scientology and Youth for Human Rights.

"It is true that initially Scientology supported it's creation because this organization represents the same moral values," says Martine Rhein.

The links with the african NGO Village Suisse ONG, who in 2008 obtained a consultative status with ECOSOC, raise more questions. If this organization located in Lancy historically has no connection with Scientology, it seems to have been closing-in. She was the one who requested a room with the Palais des Nations to organize the 6th Summit of international human rights. Accredited as an NGO, it has the right to meet there. But the institution has chosen to veto it. What is relatively unique.

A known NGO

The attempted infiltration of Scientology was a little too showy. On its website, Village Suisse ONG offers a link to another site that offers training on Trade and Development at 570 francs a day, delivered by the representative of the Church of Scientology in Switzerland. Which figure in recent months among the team that runs the NGO. Reached by telephone, the founder of Village Suisse ONG, Adalbert Nouga, responds that he does not "enter into the controversy."

He added to finish: "My organization has long worked with the Confederation. All information is on our website. We do not meddle in religion. "

Martine Rhein and Christian Mirre ensure that the conference held today at the Intercontinental is not to promote Scientology as a religion, but to encourage the public to better understand the articles of the Universal Declaration of human rights.

The organization of this conference also passed almost unnoticed. No leaflet was distributed in the street. Electronic invitations were addressed to diplomats and members of other NGOs. It is them who have sounded the alarm, surprised to see this strange summit of human rights arise from nowhere.

Martine Rhein and Christian Mirre are surprised by the reactions. Last year, the summit could be held at UN headquarters in New York without it, they say, raising the slightest indignation. Wich is not entirely accurate. The only difference is that a state has interceded that other time in their favor to get them a meeting room.

The anti-cult will sit with NGOs

The doors of the Palais des Nations did not open for Scientologists. In contrast, anti-cult organizations have received their entry badge. This Information passed until then unnoticed. During the summer, the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) has granted special consultative status with the European Federation of Centers of Research and Information on Sectarianism (Fecris). An initiative that is due to the Swiss President of the Swiss Association for the Defense of families and individuals (Adsfi) Danièle Muller-Tulli.

The Fecris, an umbrella association of which she is Vice-President, has over 50 associations in 31 countries mainly in Europe but with correspondents in other continents. It fights against the proliferation of sectarian and totalitarian groups. It has a participatory status with the Council of Europe. For several years, secular associations denounced entryism and lobbying by the sects in the UN and European fora under the guise of NGOs. Procult and anti-cult may now oppose it. on the Fecris side, the only rule seems to be: no masks (as in: you better be honest and upfront about who you are and what you wanr)

The holding in Geneva of a summit of human rights sponsored by Scientologists deos not surprise Danièle Muller, who has long denounced the European offensive of Scientologists.

"What disgust a good number of people all the way up to the UN circles, is how the Church of Scientology uses the Universal Declaration of Human Rights for its own advertising," says the president of the Adsfi .

DIGG LINK: UN foils attempted Scientology infiltration

Mystic

Crusader
Hail to thee, UN!

un-flag.gif

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Was this document originally in French? Grammar seems that way, and the translation is a little tough on my English-only brain. Looks good though, the wool is getting unpulled.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Thanks for the news report. :)

IMO, at this point in time, infiltration and Scientology front groups are the only danger.
The actual Scientology orgs themselves are pretty much dead... and have been for quite some time now.

Picketing SCN orgs is now past it's prime time. You can beat a dead horse if you want to do that.
(Although, I don't have any problem with anyone doing so.)

For me, I am mostly concerned with Narconon and ABLE and WISE and whatever other off-shoots there are.

byte301

Crusader
Thanks for the news report. :)

IMO, at this point in time, infiltration and Scientology front groups are the only danger.
The actual Scientology orgs themselves are pretty much dead... and have been for quite some time now.

Picketing SCN orgs is now past it's prime time. You can beat a dead horse if you want to do that.
(Although, I don't have any problem with anyone doing so.)

For me, I am mostly concerned with Narconon and ABLE and WISE and whatever other off-shoots there are.

I think you're right. There's a thread on wwp about Narconon relating to this subject. They are really heavy on the advertising for quite a while now. I think they may be a good target to hit with protests, etc.

Not sure what can be done with W.I.S.E. since they don't have a lot of physical addresses. Just getting the word out about who they are is the best plan.

Same with CCHR, Drug Free Marshalls, Second Chance and Criminon. Keep putting it out there that they are scientology.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
This is news to me. Good news at that. I am glad people are watching out for these sneaky clams trying to slither into respected places so they can then claim they are accepted and mainstream and to be respected. Respectability (even if through the back door) is something they need a lot of if they are to ever fill their Ideal Orgs and respectability was rightly denied them in this case. People need to identify the various front groups they use and to alert the authorities. Vigilance must be maintained. Very Well Done in this case. :clap:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I think you're right. There's a thread on wwp about Narconon relating to this subject. They are really heavy on the advertising for quite a while now. I think they may be a good target to hit with protests, etc.

Not sure what can be done with W.I.S.E. since they don't have a lot of physical addresses. Just getting the word out about who they are is the best plan.

Same with CCHR, Drug Free Marshalls, Second Chance and Criminon. Keep putting it out there that they are scientology.

I finally signed up on WWP (not that I will have a lot to say there).
Interesting, the nick programmer_guy was already taken so I signed up as programmerguy.
If anyone posts on WWP as programmer_guy, please know that is NOT ME.

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
I finally signed up on WWP (not that I will have a lot to say there).
Interesting, the nick programmer_guy was already taken so I signed up as programmerguy.
If anyone posts on WWP as programmer_guy, please know that is NOT ME.

If he is not policing :police: everyone then we know he is not you! :D

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
I always thought that aligning up with the United Nations was one of the more stupid blunders that Slappy ever came up with.
I mean, I'm glad to see him fail and all but geees...who would ever want to be postioned with the UN? They are the most incompetent, criminal bunch of misfits to ever be funded with US dollars.
Birds of a feather I guess.
And now he's getting the boot from them. :lol: