What's new

UNBREAKABLE MISS LOVELY IS OUT NOW

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
And so it begins...

Scientology’s First ‘Victim’: L. Ron Hubbard called her a bitch, the FBI found files on her in its raids: The story of Scientology’s most famous critic.

"A Church of Scientology spokeswoman, in a statement, emphatically denounced the book and called Ortega “a parasite” for using “bigotry and false allegations about the Church of Scientology to create a cottage industry of hate.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/11/scientology-s-first-victim.html

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Just ordered the Kindle for PC edition on sale for $7.99. (I am a member of Amazon Prime) It will be delivered on 5/14.

It is listed as #1 in "Other Religions, Practices, & Sacred Texts".

Tony O. might like that. Having his book listed in the category of "Sacred Texts"! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

-------------------------------------

I too am a parasite in the cottage industry of hate. And proud of it!

Leland

Crusader
And so it begins...

Scientology’s First ‘Victim’: L. Ron Hubbard called her a bitch, the FBI found files on her in its raids: The story of Scientology’s most famous critic.

"A Church of Scientology spokeswoman, in a statement, emphatically denounced the book and called Ortega “a parasite” for using “bigotry and false allegations about the Church of Scientology to create a cottage industry of hate.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/11/scientology-s-first-victim.html

It looks like the tactic of trying to insert someone as a "friend" into your life....that the Cult of Hubbard and the GO used in the 70's....against Paulet Cooper is still in use today....as per the thread about David Miscavige's Father....that what that Private Investigator said.....recently. :ohmy:

At least 45 years....of the same old terror tactics....employed by the Cult of Hubbard. :angry:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
To those that have PM's me here & on Facebook...

I asked Tony if I can film their event on Sunday here in LA... he said that CFI may be live-streaming the event, but will ask Jim at CFI if I can videotape it for a YouTube video.. for those unable to see the live stream.

Update: I've been given the OK to film it for YouTube. :)

Last edited:

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
I received both copies I ordered. I've only read the foreword since I came home from work. I will get both copies signed on Saturday then send one of them to a friend.

tutu

Patron
So I just checked his ranking on Amazon. He was at 537. That means he's selling quite a few books. Kindle copy was 2400s and that's a good ranking. It probably won't hit the times or USA Today but I could be wrong.

Leland

Crusader
So I just checked his ranking on Amazon. He was at 537. That means he's selling quite a few books. Kindle copy was 2400s and that's a good ranking. It probably won't hit the times or USA Today but I could be wrong.

I see it will be available as an iBook in the Apple store....on May 14th

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime
I see it will be available as an iBook in the Apple store....on May 14th

My kindle pre order will be delivered on the 14th .. Tomorrow :happydance:

I have the free kindle app on my iPhone so I can read it anywhere :coolwink:

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
My copy is here.

but there is way to go,to top......

Thank you TO ,and ML.....

Karen's wife did a better one.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Mr. Nobody: "Kindle for PC" (which is a free download) is great for those of us who need a larger font for our reading. It allows you to download a book onto your laptop, NOT onto a smaller Kindle device. I can then adjust the size of the font to whatever size I want it to be. It is not at all uncomfortable to do it this way. Just be sure to use a laptop style cooling pad when doing this. Otherwise your legs will get too warm! :) :) :)

My keyboard Kindle from a few years ago has text to speech on it. So do current desktop/laptop operating systems have text to speech baked in. In other words, your computer will read text aloud to you. If you haven't used such programs for some years, they are very good these days, with few errors.

Plus I'll toss in an upvote for Kindle for PC (or Kindle for Mac or Kindle for iPad etc). They are all excellent. And free.

Paul

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
My keyboard Kindle from a few years ago has text to speech on it. So do current desktop/laptop operating systems have text to speech baked in. In other words, your computer will read text aloud to you. If you haven't used such programs for some years, they are very good these days, with few errors.

Plus I'll toss in an upvote for Kindle for PC (or Kindle for Mac or Kindle for iPad etc). They are all excellent. And free.

Paul

I use Kindle for PC. It's very useful.

There is also free software available on a google search that can unlock the book so you can copy it to any other reader. It's probably illegal though, so forget I mentioned it.:coolwink:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Got my Kindle version overnight, and have been reading on breaks - it is incredible - fantastic. Yea, Tony :happydance: Thank you Tony and Paulette.

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

:scnsucks:
F you osa, you bunch of thugs and a$$wipes.
Tick tock demented monster.
Tickity tock tock tock.

Edit add: Oh yeah, anyone else notice the news leaking out of N Korea - the 'dear leader' there executed one of his top guys - another one - who apparently got too close for comfort. THAT 'dear leader' executed this guy for falling asleep during a meeting, had him shot by firing squad - by anti aircraft guns. Over kill. Ding ding ding. Rang bells for me. Sounds like dm's handling of his top people, on a regular basis, except instead of killing them, over killing them, he over-punishes them, cruelly - disappearing them - into the Hole, RPF, RPF's RPF - or they just are gone - disappeared for life - where-abouts unknown. Maybe that is worse than death by anti aircraft gun . . . .
(Shelly? Shelly? Anyone? Anyone?). What a couple of raging imbecile narcissistic infants, waa waa waa.

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
A few questions:

1. Will Scientologists put up a bunch of one-star reviews on Amazon to counteract the high reviews other (normal) people give?

2. Will the words "bitter defrocked apostates" be in any of these one-star reviews?

3. Will Scientology's reaction to the book be a good enough basis for a drinking game? Take a drink every time you hear or read the phrase "bitter defrocked apostates", for example?

4. Would "bitter defrocked apostates" be a good name for a band? Really. I'm curious. Really.

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I thank you for reminding me to post my review there.

JustSheila

Crusader
A few questions:

1. Will Scientologists put up a bunch of one-star reviews on Amazon to counteract the high reviews other (normal) people give?

2. Will the words "bitter defrocked apostates" be in any of these one-star reviews?

3. Will Scientology's reaction to the book be a good enough basis for a drinking game? Take a drink every time you hear or read the phrase "bitter defrocked apostates", for example?

4. Would "bitter defrocked apostates" be a good name for a band? Really. I'm curious. Really.

:giggle:

Personally, I'm very fond of the term and I hope the cult calls us this forever.

It's kind of - sexy, you know, the defrocked part. Fond memories of the public school boys hanging around the Catholic girls' schools hoping for a defrocking.

Then again, it makes the cult sound like some sort of torturous, Puritan freak show out of the Middle Ages that obtained confessions by humiliation, false pretenses and intimidation. So terribly close to the truth, such a righteously earned image.

Glenda has already found some remarkably fashionable frocks that are easily de-frocked.

We, as ex-Scientologists, embody the very fantasies and dreams of every person still trapped in the oppressive Middle Age, abusive cult.

This is a very nice frock. Fuck white.

Latest-Fashionable-Frocks-Designs-2013-For-Girls-3.jpg

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
A few questions:

I don't think they will use the term. They try to sound more normal than that. Of course it doesn't work.

Usually, they try to play the religious persecution card.

They try to make out if we are after them it is for religious reasons. And that we could go after any other religion next.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
:giggle:

Personally, I'm very fond of the term and I hope the cult calls us this forever.

It's kind of - sexy, you know, the defrocked part. Fond memories of the public school boys hanging around the Catholic girls' schools hoping for a defrocking.

Then again, it makes the cult sound like some sort of torturous, Puritan freak show out of the Middle Ages that obtained confessions by humiliation, false pretenses and intimidation. So terribly close to the truth, such a righteously earned image.

Glenda has already found some remarkably fashionable frocks that are easily de-frocked.

We, as ex-Scientologists, embody the very fantasies and dreams of every person still trapped in the oppressive Middle Age, abusive cult.

This is a very nice frock. Fuck white.

Latest-Fashionable-Frocks-Designs-2013-For-Girls-3.jpg

I notice two frocks. Has the one on the right been de-frocked?