What's new

Understanding "Fair Game"

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Fair Game is an organizational policy of the 'Church' of Scientology, and is the primary means used to deal with vocal critics and criticism of the organization.

Critics of Scientology have always been viewed as "enemies" by this 'Church', and the often criminal actions undertaken by Scientology to silence its critics is very well documented.

Fair Game entails a sophisticated mix of spying, harassment, intimidation, the spreading of false information, the filing of false police reports, and various other means of character assassination

all designed to stop the critic, end the criticism, and ruin them, entirely.

The Internal Revenue Service has granted tax exempt status to this organization.

Scientology is in a perpetual state of war with the truth.

In American society there is a concept called "The marketplace of ideas" which Wikipedia describes as "a rationale for freedom of expression based on an analogy to the economic concept of a free market.

The "marketplace of ideas" belief holds that the truth will emerge out of the competition of ideas in free, transparent public discourse...and was first developed by John Stuart Mill in his book 'On Liberty'.

It is a concept that has been embraced and referred to in Supreme Court opinions, and it is arguably the bedrock of any Liberal Democracy.

Scientology is utterly incapable, on a level playing field, of prevailing in this 'marketplace'. Thus the need for 'Fair Game'.

Tory Magoo has often described her moment of epiphany, of her final realization that Scientology was toxic,

when, in her conversation with Andreas Heldal-Lund (www.xenu.net), he uttered the simple words "I believe in freedom of speech. I believe in looking at both sides..."

And the walls came tumbling down.

Scientology is incapable of competing in "The Marketplace of Ideas."

And that, dear reader, is WHY "Fair Game" "Disconnection" and "Scientology (gag) Ethics" exist.

Last edited:
Fair Game is an organizational policy of the 'Church' of Scientology, and is the primary means used to deal with vocal critics and criticism of the organization.

Critics of Scientology have always been viewed as "enemies" by this 'Church', and the often criminal actions undertaken by Scientology to silence its critics is very well documented.

Fair Game entails a sophisticated mix of spying, harassment, intimidation, the spreading of false information, the filing of false police reports, and various other means of character assassination

The Internal Revenue Service has granted tax exempt status to this organization.

In American society there is a concept called "The marketplace of ideas" which Wikipedia describes as "a rationale for freedom of expression based on an analogy to the economic concept of a free market.

The "marketplace of ideas" belief holds that the truth will emerge out of the competition of ideas in free, transparent public discourse...and was first developed by John Stuart Mill in his book 'On Liberty'.

It is a concept that has been embraced and referred to in Supreme Court opinions, and it is arguably the bedrock of any Liberal Democracy.

Scientology is utterly incapable, on a level playing field, of prevailing in this 'marketplace'. Thus the need for 'Fair Game'.

Tory Magoo has often described her moment of epiphany, of her final realization that Scientology was toxic,

when, in her conversation with Andreas Heldal-Lund (www.xenu.net), he uttered the simple words "I believe in freedom of speech. I believe in looking at both sides..."

And that, dear reader, is WHY "Fair Game" "Disconnection" and "Scientology (gag) Ethics" exist.

it's the goddam fair game etc that keeps it from being able to compete on a level field

maslow and skinner are required reading and they'e utter crap against SOS

Veda

Sponsor

:goodposting:

From 'Science of Survival: Prediction of Human Behavior' - by L Ron Hubbard, 1951:

The reasonable man quite ordinarily overlooks the fact that people from 2.0 down have no traffic with reason and cannot be reasoned with as one would reason with a 3.0. There are only two answers for the handling of people from 2.0 down on the tone scale , neither one of which has anything to do with reasoning with them or listening to their justification of their acts. The first is to raise them on the tone scale by un-enturbulating some of their theta by any one of the three valid processes .

The other is to dispose of them quietly and without sorrow. Adders are safe bedmates compared to people on the lower bands of the tone scale. Not all the beauty nor the handsomeness nor artificial social value nor property can atone for the vicious damage such people do to sane men and women. The sudden and abrupt deletion of all individuals occupying the lower bands of the tone scale from the social order would result in an almost instant rise in the cultural tone and would interrupt the dwindling spiral into which any society may have entered. It is not necessary to produce a world of clears in order to have a reasonable and worthwhile social order; it is only necessary to delete those individuals who range from 2.0 down, either by processing them enough to get their tone level above the 2.0 line — a task which, indeed, is not very great, since the amount of processing in many cases might be under fifty hours, although it might also in others be in excess of two hundred — or simply quarantining them from the society.

A Venezuelan dictator [Juan Vincente Gomez ] once decided to stop leprosy. He saw that most lepers in his country were also beggars. By the simple expedient of collecting and destroying all the beggars in Venezuela an end was put to leprosy in that country.'

According to Hubbard, an easy way to spot a low toned person was by his attitude towards Dianetics/Scientology and Hubbard.

This was an early expression of what, years later, would be formalized as Disconnection and the Fair Game Law.

__________​

A chronological sampling. 1938 to 1969:

"I can make Napoleon look like a punk." L. Ron Hubbard, from his 'Excalibur' letter of 1938

__________​

"Men are my slaves..." "You can be merciless when your will is crossed and have a right to be merciless." 'The Affirmations', 1946

__________​

"No rights of any kind... Dispose of quietly and without sorrow." L. Ron Hubbard, 'Science of Survival', 1951

__________​

"Ruin utterly." "Always attack," etc. L. Ron Hubbard, 'Manual on Dissemination of Material', 1955

__________​

"Dianetics and Scientology are self-protecting sciences. If one attacks them one attacks all the know-how of the mind. It caves in the bank. It's gruesome sometimes.

"At this instance there are men hiding in terror :nervous: on Earth because they found out what they were attacking. There are men dead because they attacked us - for instance Dr. Joe Winter [wrote Introduction to 'DMSMH', and the book, 'A Doctor's Report on Dianetics' with an Introduction by Fritz Perls]. He simply realized what he did and died. There are men bankrupt because they attacked us - [Don] Purcell, Ridgeway, [publisher of 'DMSMH'] Ceppos." L. Ron Hubbard, 'HCO Manual of Justice', 1959

__________​

"Find or Manufacture enough threat." L. Ron Hubbard, 'Department of Government Affairs', 1960

__________​

"Have you ever had unkind thoughts about L. Ron Hubbard?" L. Ron Hubbard, Security Check, 1961

__________​

From 'Keeping Scientology Working', 7 February, 1965:

"We're not playing some minor game in Scientology. It isn't something cute to do for lack of something better.

"The whole agonized future of this planet, every Man, Woman, and Child on it, and your own destiny for the next endless trillions of years depend on what you do here and now with and in Scientology :unsure::ohmy::yes:

"This is a deadly serious activity. And if we miss getting out of the trap now, we may never again have another chance :spacecraft:. [See 'Implantology'] Remember, this is our first chance in all the endless trillions of years of the past . Don't muff it now because it seems unpleasant or unsocial to do Seven [Hammering out of existence incorrect technology]..."

__________​

Just prior to the appearance of 'KSW', was published the piece 'My Philosophy', in which L. Ron Hubbard told Scientologists:

"Blinded with injured optic nerves, and lame with physical injuries to the hip and back, at the end of World War II, I faced an almost nonexistent future. My service record stated: 'This officer has no neurotic or psychotic tendencies whatsoever', but also stated, 'permanently disabled physically'.

"And so there came a further blow. I was abandoned by family and friends :violin: as a supposedly hopeless cripple and probable burden on them for the rest of my days."

__________​

The philosophy of 'Fair Game' can be found as early as 1951 in 'Science of Survival'. It was always part of Scientology, even though it wasn't formalized as an official policy until 1965.

From 7 March 1965, 'Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists, the Fair Game Law':

"A suppressive person or group becomes 'fair game'.

"By Fair Game is meant, without rights for self, possessions or position, and no Scientologist may be brought before a Committee of Evidence or punished for any action taken against a Suppressive Person or group...

"Suppressive acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce, or impede Scientology or Scientologists.

"[Such suppressive acts include] public disavowal of Scientology... public statements against Scientology.

" [Suppressive acts also include] continued membership in a divergent group; continued adherence to a Suppressive Person or group pronounced a Suppressive Person or group by HCO; failure to handle or disavow or disconnect from a person demonstrably guilty of suppressive acts; being at the hire of anti-Scientology groups or persons...

"[Suppressive acts also include] 1st degree murder, arson, disintegration of persons or belongings not [emphasis added] guilty of suppressive acts.

"[Suppressive Persons] place themselves beyond any consideration for their feelings :nazi: or well being...

"The homes, property, places, and abodes of persons who have been active in attempting to suppressive Scientology... are all beyond any protection."

__________​

From HCOPL of 21 October 1968:

"The practice of declaring people FAIR GAME will cease. FAIR GAME may not appear on any Ethics Order. It causes bad public relations.

"This policy does not cancel any policy on the treatment of an SP."

_________​

From 'Discipline, SPs, and Admin' 1969

"I am not interested in wog morality... I can make Captain Bligh look like a Sunday school teacher."

:headspin:

yup

those things are written and published by elron and they are a plague and a blight and a horror

i read them as i studied and practiced...

i wouldn't take them to heart; i never drank the koolaid...

but still...

there they were and there they still are...

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is there any resemblance between fair gaming of SPs (Note1)
and drone strikes upon "terrorists"(Note 2)?

Both serve the identical purposes in their respective organizations.

Note1: SP: Anyone whose words or conduct interfere with continued extraction of money from rubes
Note2: "Those who reject the New World Order are terrorists" Henry Kissinger
in a speech given in Istanbul, Turkey on May 31, 2007
http://www.americadeathwatch.com/founding-fathers-were-terrorists.php
FOUNDING FATHERS WERE TERRORIST (According to Obama Administration)
“Obama’s” DHS head Janet Napolitano once declared American Servicemen and women returning from Iraq and Afghanistan to be the “true terrorists.” Well, now they’ve expanded their definitions of who is a terrorist to include you and me, and our Founding Fathers. Here is the list:
One. Americans who “are Fiercely nationalistic.”
Two. Americans who are opposed to Internationalism and International organizations such as the UN.
Three. Americans who consider themselves to be “anti-global.”
Four. Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority.”
Five. Americans who are “reverent of individual liberty.”
Six. Americans who are jealous of their right to own guns.
Seven. Americans who want to be free of arbitrary taxes.
Eight. Americans who believe there is “a grave threat to national sovereignty and/or Personal liberty and/or that our national way of life is under attack.”

As our US government has been purchased by the bankers, the money, the 1%.,..
the definition of SP also fits the Obama administration's definition of Terrorist:
Anyone whose words or conduct interfere with continued extraction of money from rubes

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
''

10769150286_72e348195c.jpg

Veda

Sponsor
Commander: One thing to consider is that Hubbard's mental state may have influenced what you regard as the benign portion of his teachings, requiring a thorough review of that portion of his teachings also.

__________​

Below is a sampling of some pages from the many pages of letters sent by L. Ron Hubbard to the FBI during the 1950s. I've seen the photocopies of these letters, and the 2nd and 3rd pages down are missing a paragraph and two lines which were, for some reason, not scanned. I have filled in the missing paragraph and two lines.

The content of these letters ranges from attempts to identify people as Comminists, to "explanations" for various things, and an apparent attempt to persuade the FBI to persuade the IRS to not investigate Hubbard and his finances lest Hubbard accept a Soviet offer to fly to Russia and work "for very high fees," etc., to just plain bizarre ramblings.

The letters in their entirety can be accessed if one is curious, but these pages happen to be handy on the Net.

The first letter lists Sara Northup Hubbard, reporting her as a suspected communist.

sarafbi2.gif

hubbard-19550729-1.gif

"In the greatest spirit of friendship and camaraderie it seem that I can go to Russia as an advisor or a consultant and have my own laboratories and receive very high fees. And it's all so easy because it's already been ascertained that I could get my passport extended for Russia and all I had to do was go to Paris and there a Russian plane would pick me up and that would be that.

"Indeed that would be that.

"I suppose when the Russian-inclined 'friend' finds that...

hubbard-19550729-3.gif

A page from another letter of the time period:
hubbard-19550711-3.gif

Part of a letter from September 1955. Note the reference to LSD.

hubbard-19550907a-ds.gif

__________​

A few weeks later in September 1955, Hubbard also told Scientologists about the covert use of LSD - the "insanity drug" - to undermine and discredit Scientology. Note the duplicity.

From the 'Professional Auditors Bulletin' of 30 September 1955:

" I could tell you about long strings of psychotics run in on the Foundation and the Association, sent in to us by psychiatrists who then, using LSD and pain-drug-hypnosis, spun them and told everyone that Dianetics and Scientology drove people insane. I could tell you about the strange politics and ambitions of psychiatry, so well covered in the book Psychopolitics [Hubbard's hoax 'Russian textbook on Pyscho-Politics', which he had just secretly authored and was soon to be published], and give you a proper riddle as to why we, a small group, the only ANGLO-SAXON DEVELOPMENT IN THE FIELD OF THE MIND AND SPIRIT [sic], have been subjected to so much attack and finance... But I am not telling you stories or being dramatic. I am inviting your cooperation in your own future security..."

As for dealing with those whose behavior became erratic or an embarrassment after Scientology processing, Hubbard wrote, in the same 'PAB':

"You'll find the family physician or psychiatrist was called in midway in processing... You'll find there is a vested interest somewhere in the insanity of the person. An so testify that you suspect it. We will have on hand lots of literature on LSD..."

Sixteen years later, Hubbard would write a similar statement, although this one doesn't mention LSD and is more to the point. It has the simple title 'Confidential', and is dated 29 June 1971:

"Policy is that we assign any case or upset in Scientology to past damage and interference with the person by medicine or psychiatry. They were sent into us after medicine or psychiatry had already destroyed them. We cannot be blamed for psychiatric or medical failures."

__________​

"He [Hubbard] stayed up most of the night with a bottle of rum, which was empty in the morning, and he dictated the whole book, 'Science of Survival', onto little green discs on a recording machine..."

Richard DeMille, interviewed by Russell Miller:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/demille.htm

__________​

According to John Sanborn who was a witness to Hubbard abducting Alexis in 1951, "Hubbard considered Lexi [Alexis] as a pawn in the game, something he could deny Sara."

Sara holds the distinction of having signed the first coerced "retraction" statement (1951) in Scientology's history:

I, Sara Northup Hubbard, do hereby state that the things that I have said about L. Ron Hubbard in courts and public prints have been grossly exaggerated or entirely false. I have not at any time believed otherwise than that L. Ron Hubbard was a fine and brilliant man..."

___________​

Letter from Ron Hubbard to 2nd wife Sara, from 1951 (...and, for any rosy cheeked Independent Scientologists out there :eyeroll:, no, Hubbard was not in a Cuban Military Hospital, was not about to be transferred to the States as a classified scientist immune from interference of all kinds, was not paralyzed, did not have trouble moving and was not going blind, and no, the Army and Navy did not have it. For an account of this time, suggest consulting the Richard DeMille interview by Russell Miller.):

"Dear Sara -

"I have been in a Cuban Military Hospital and I am being transferred to the States next week as a classified scientist immune from interference of all kinds though I will be hospitalized probably for a long time. Alexis is getting excellent care. I see here every day. She is all I have to live for. My wits never gave way under all you did and let them do but my body didn't stand up. My right side is paralyzed and getting more so. I have trouble moving and I am going blind. I hope my heart lasts.

"I may live a long time and again I may not. But Dianetics will last 10,000 years for the Army and Navy have it now. But I wanted to be well and strong and I can barely move now."My will is all changed. Alexis will get a fortune unless she goes to you as she would then get nothing.

"Get away from bad companions.

"Hope to see you once more.

"Goodbye - I love you.

"Ron."

_________​

Also in 1951, 1st wife Polly wrote this letter to Hubbard's 2nd wife, Sara (From court records):

"Sara-

"If I can help in any way, I'd like to - You must get Alexis [Hubbard's daughter by Sara] in your custody - Ron is not normal. I had hoped that you could straighten him out. Your charges probably sound fantastic to the average person - but I've been through it - the beatings, threats on my life, all the sadistic traits you charge - twelve years of it. I haven't asked for anything, but with all the money rolling in from 'Dianetics' I had hoped to get enough for plastic surgery for Kay's [Ron Jr.'s younger sister] birthmark - Please believe I do want you to get Alexis."

__________​

From L. Ron Hubbard's 1946 self-Affirmations:

"...You are a master... Lord help women when you begin to fondle them. You are a master of their bodies, master of their souls as you may consciously wish. You have no karma to pay for these acts. You cannot now accumulate karma for you are a master adept. Your voice is low and compelling to them. Singing to them, for you sing like a master, destroys their will to resist... "

Hubbard_divorce_headlines.png

__________​

Old timer John Sanborn, editor of many of Hubbard's early books, said this during a 1986 interview:

"Early on (before the divorce) he [Hubbard] made this stupid attempt to get Sara brainwashed so she'd do what he said. He kept her sitting up in a chair, denying her sleep, trying to use Black Dianetic principles on her, repeating over and over again whatever he wanted her to do. Things like, 'Be his wife, have a family that looks good, not have a divorce'."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpHhJKeTYxI

_________​

In 1952, Scientology's founder invented a past and a future for Scientologists. He made it trillions of years in both directions. He first experimented with inventing a past for Scientologists in his Benzedrine-inspired text 'History of Man', originally titled 'What to Audit'.

Around that same time, Hubbard tested other ideas, such as that a person's reaction to Scientology (or to him), would place that person on the "Tone Scale," with a disapproving reaction placing the person low on the scale. Those low on the "Tone Scale" - not being "sane" - were to have no credibility, and "no rights of any kind."

Hubbard also tested the idea of using meters as truth detectors. Does anyone doubt that showman and hypnotist Hubbard, when using an early Mathison e-meter, one which projected its needle movements on a wall or screen for all to see, did not notice when many in the crowd oohed and aahed at the display of a reaction?

Yet, it was premature for the implementation of these ideas on the still small, fragile and tentative membership. That would need to wait for a decade, as would Hubbard's implementation of most of the ideas outlined in the enigmatic "Russian Textbook on Psycho-politics."

In the mean time, Hubbard surrounded himself with those excited about his much advertised vision of a better world, and of the full releasing of human potential. Hubbard liked to write and he liked to lecture, and he had a knack as a practical psychologist.

He drew on the ideas and innovations of the most creative of those around him, and drew on his own knowledge of abreaction therapy, Korzybski's General Semantics, and Aleister Crowley's Magic(k). He re-worked the (four 'letters' - ingredients - of the) Kabbalistic 'tetragrammaton', and it became his 'Four Conditions of Existence'. He rewrote Crowley's 'Naples Arrangement' and it became his 'The Factors'. He borrowed Crowley's idea of a multiplicity of infinite minds and further excited Scientologists with that notion. None of these were original with Crowley, who was as much a relay point as was Hubbard.

Yet, unlike Crowley, Hubbard would eventually incorporate the methods of psychological warfare into his system, and use those methods, not only on his perceived enemies, but on his own followers.

And when - in the mid 1960s - Hubbard unleashed, mostly covertly, his psychological warfare tactics on Scientologists, he also returned to fully utilizing those ideas he had briefly tested more than a decade earlier.

__________​

Hubbard was red baiting and flag waving during his 1950s smear campaigns, using "Russians" and "Communists" as the main emotional "buttons."

The%20Red%20Menace%20Ad.jpg

During the 1950s, and much of the 1960s, the "public" "hated" communists, so Hubbard made a point of being vehemently and publicly anti-communist, and sought to identify his perceived enemies as communists or communist sympathizers.

However, Hubbard could vary his approach if it seemed advantageous to do so. He even briefly, in the mid 1960s, after Senator McCarthy and "McCarthyism" had fallen into public disfavor, instructed that Scientology be identified as anti-Capitalist.

In a 6 October 1965 (broadly circulated) 'Executive Letter' Hubbard announced, "McCarthyism has many faces. It is still abroad today."

200px-Joseph_McCarthy.jpg

And in another (non public) issue, 'Enquiry Rumor UK' of 9 February 1966, Hubbard (privately) explained:

"Couple the words psychiatry with Capitalism - allege that psychiatry is the Capitalist's tool. A Conservative opened the attack in the UK and found the Press beating the drum for us."

When this approach did not prove effective, Hubbard quickly resumed his prior long standing tactic of calling his enemies "communists." After all, many people were still anti-Communist, even if "McCartyism" had become unpopular.

Then, there was another shift. By 1971, with the USA Vietnam war becoming increasing unpopular, and Scientology's membership, and potential membership, becoming younger, Hubbard switched to calling his enemies fascists and Nazis.

_________​

L. Ron Hubbard explained how to use propaganda (to push the "hate" and "love" "buttons") in 'Battle Tactics' of 16 February 1969:

"The only safe public opinion to head for is they love us and are in a frenzy of hate against the enemy, that means standard wartime propaganda is what one is doing... Know the mores of your public opinion, what they hate. That's the enemy. What they love. That's you."

And another piece of Scientology tech, from Hubbard's 'Black Propaganda' of 12 January 1972:

"The objective is to be identified as attackers of popularly considered evils. This declassifies us from former labels. It reclassifies our attackers as evil people."

_________​

The purpose for posting this information is to provide a more complete picture of Scientology, Hubbard, and Hubbard's mind.

It's interesting that Scientologists usually don't want to know the information presented here. It "enturbulates" them and shakes their "stable data" (or "datums" as Scientologists like to put it).

The information presented is not meant to devalue or nullify every aspect of Scientology. IMO, there are some positives in Scientology and, without these positives, Scientology would not be much of a trap.

So, fully describing Scientology requires the description of both those (mostly common sense) positives, and also the other less pleasant, and often disturbing, parts of Scientology.

__________​

Another thread that may be helpful - the Best of 'The Sole Source Myth' thread:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?29298-Best-of-the-Sole-Source-Myth-thread.

To see the original thread, started by Jerryf25, click the horizontal arrows in the second post.

One drawback of this thread is that it is top heavy with references to the occult, but lacks content on Hubbard's exploitation of the abreactive - getting something off your chest: catharsis - process.

Catharsis, of course, by itself, in a non-manipulative environment, can often be beneficial.

More content on catharsis, Freud, etc., would be welcome.

It's been found that recognizing the actual earlier sources for Scientology - and the extent of Hubbard's "borrowings" - can be helpful for freeing a person from Scientology's grip.

Most of the above linked thread examines the positives of Scientology. It is mostly the positives that are used to lure and to trap.

Gib

Crusader
:goodposting:

From 'Science of Survival: Prediction of Human Behavior' - by L Ron Hubbard, 1951:

The reasonable man quite ordinarily overlooks the fact that people from 2.0 down have no traffic with reason and cannot be reasoned with as one would reason with a 3.0. There are only two answers for the handling of people from 2.0 down on the tone scale , neither one of which has anything to do with reasoning with them or listening to their justification of their acts. The first is to raise them on the tone scale by un-enturbulating some of their theta by any one of the three valid processes .

:headspin:

Sales pitch.

"The reasonable man" is talking directly to the reader,

yah, that's you the reader. The reader says to himself "I'm a reasonable man". His head nods in agreement.

Then Hubbard states:

"There are only two answers for the handling of people from 2.0 down on the tone scale , neither one of which has anything to do with reasoning with them or listening to their justification of their acts. The first is to raise them on the tone scale by un-enturbulating some of their theta by any one of the three valid processes ."

This is another sales pitch that Hubbard CLAIMS he knows what he is talking about, and is selling Dianetics and the auditing proceedure as outlined in dianetics, the running of engrams, but

hubbard makes it all sound science like.

Remember, one first read the book Dianetics, the mental SCIENCE of mental health.

So, one was sold first on the theory of engrams, secondaries & locks.

And if one, like me, who read dianetics and then got a auditing session and cried or ran some incident,

I says to myself, this dianetics must be true. So I continue to get more dianetics auditing, actually another 100 hours,

because hubbard said in dianetics one could go "clear" in 20 to a few hundred hours. But nothing really happened after all those hours and I was then "sold" to do the new and improved scientology Life Repair.

And before you know it, I'm prodding along on the Bridge to total freedom. LOL

Completely forgetting that I was supposed to go "clear" with Dianetics in a few hundred hours which I was totally willing to pay for.

And I was sold to buy books, so I get more and more and more "sold" on hubbard & scientology.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . <snip> . . . Below is a sampling of some pages from the many pages of letters sent by L. Ron Hubbard to the FBI during the 1950s . . . <snip standard Veda excellence> . . .

Here's one from 1940 in which L Ron Hubbard denounces a hotel steward as a Nazi . . .

10769684505_16a07e0a02.jpg

Veda

Sponsor
Here's one from 1940 in which L Ron Hubbard denounces a hotel steward as a Nazi . . .

10769684505_16a07e0a02.jpg

2nd (erased) wife, Sara Northrup, was called a Communist until public opinon shifted in the early 1970s. Then she was called a Nazi.

_________​

Hubbard seems to have never recovered from Sara's rejection of him. In 'Barefaced Messiah', Virginia Downsborough describes Hubbard going on about Sara while he lay in bed, surrounded by bottles of pills, just before the beginning of the Sea Org and the discovery of the "Wall of Fire." This was early 1967.

(And while it's speculation, the "pink legs sticking out" statement, from the 'Bolivar' PL of 1967, may have been inspired by thoughts of Sara, who was tall and fair skinned.)

Hubbard was thinking of Sara again in 1969. This is from the confidential issue, 'Intelligence Actions - Covert Intelligence Data Collection':

"Their first blast was the San Francisco papers, Sept 1950, quoting the publisher (of Book One) Ceppos being critical of me (he was a communist) followed by the LA papers, pushed then by the Sara Komkovadamanov (alias Northrup) 'divorce' actions, followed by attempted kidnapping of myself. Other details were pushed into it including murder of four and so on. This was a full complete covert operation. At the back of it was Miles Hollister (psychology student), Sara Komkovadamanov (housekeeper at the place nuclear physicist stayed near Caltech)..."

And again in 1972.

Below is a letter from Sara Northrup to author Paulette Cooper. This letter was found in a file cabinet in a Scientology Org, after the issuing of search warrants by the FBI, in 1977. It had been stolen from Paulette Cooper's apartment, in New York, some years earlier by Scientology.

___________________​

Mar 20, 1972

Dear Paulette,

Thank you for sending the photostat of the column concerning Ron.

I really think he is a terribly destructive man - and mad as a hatter.

Last fall a couple of men came here to my home on Maui (Hawaii). They looked like undertakers' assistants. They were very pale - wore cheap black suits, white shirts, dark ties.

They told me they were "agents", but they wouldn't tell me what, or who, they were agents for. They wouldn't show me any identification. They had a long list of personal questions to ask me and they had a "warning" to give me. They told me that people posing as reporters might try to get me to talk about Ron but I would be in trouble if I said anything at all to them.

They wanted to come in the house but I wouldn't let them. I told them I wouldn't speak with them unless they came with identification. They said they'd "check with headquarters and be back this evening". I never saw them again.

My older daughter
[Alexis](who is Ron's daughter) was home over the holidays. When she arrived back at college there was a man who had been waiting for her in the local inn. He had been there 3 or 4 days.

She asked him to come to her Dorm to talk with him. He told her he was Ron's agent. He had several typewritten pages of "statements" to read her. It had obviously been written by Ron.

It said to her that she was illegitimate - that I was a "street-walker" he had hired as a combination housekeeper-secretary. He said that he fired me and that I came back to his doorstep "destitute and pregnant" and that out of his great heart he had taken me in to see me "through my trouble".

He said that when Alexy was a "Toddler" she was a cute little thing so he took her and a cat, "Motor Boat", along on his wanderings "as pets" for 2 years.

He also said that during World War II I was a Nazi spy. (He used to tell people that I was a Communist spy who received orders from Moscow by telepathic control). I don't know why he had me change sides.

He said that I had been "used by those in control to discredit Mr. Hubbard." He said he forgave me but it made him very sad.

The paper was signed, "Your good friend, J. Edgar Hoover". The agent told Alexy he was an F.B.I. agent. He would not allow her to inspect it - would only read it to her. At the end he asked her if she had any questions.

She was both angry and shocked that Ron could do such a thing. She told him - "the agent" - it was self-explanatory and asked him to leave. She has had a feeling that her father was a rather romantic figure. These paranoid ravings were frightening to her. She had not realized how sick he was before this incident.

I was furious that he would try to hurt Alexy - I wrote him a long letter telling him what I thought of him for inflicting his madness on Alexy but before I sent it Alexy called and begged me to do nothing. She said, quite rightly, that he was crazy enough to do anything. She asked me to just be thankful that we had escaped contact through all these years.

I really don't know why this recent interest on his part.

Last summer Alexy was in England and dropped by St. Annes Hill
[Saint Hill Manor?] - she thought perhaps she could share dinner with him. She was naturally curious about him. She didn't see him.

Maybe he thinks she's going to sue him for back child-support? Maybe he thinks she's going to demand a portion of his estate? Maybe - - - ? I just don't know. Maybe he just resents the fact that I left him.

I hope that when you win your court case, as you must, that you collect court costs and reparations.

His sickness is not just destructive, it is also contagious. I hate to think how many weak people have been harmed by this man.

The day of my divorce from Ron was like a day of rebirth for me. I feel that Alexy and I escaped from a death-in-life situation.

I am really afraid of him. He has such control over his people - and so many of them - that even from England he could do something to hurt Alexy. You have no idea the lengths to which he can go (or, maybe you do?).

These visits from his "agents" are just warnings. The two who came to see me told me as much. It is really frightening not knowing what he might do next.

I had hoped that he had forgotten us - put us out of his mind. Perhaps he thinks I will testify against him in one of the many court cases?

Forgive this rambling letter. I never tell anyone that I was married to Ron - so I have no one to tell about these weird visits. I know you are concerned about Ron so you have the recipients of my meanderings on the subject.

I'm sorry that I never met you. Please do write and tell me what happens with your case. Ron has the advantage of money - but you have rationality on your side. Surely that must be more important.

________________​

Eight months later the covert operation to frame Paulette Cooper for bomb threats was initiated.

_________​

L. Ron Hubbard explains why he had Sara change sides (and also instructs Scientologists to push "hate" and "love" "buttons") in 'Battle Tactics' of 16 February 1969:

"The only safe public opinion to head for is they love us and are in a frenzy of hate against the enemy, that means standard wartime propaganda is what one is doing... Know the mores of your public opinion, what they hate. That's the enemy. What they love. That's you."

And another piece of Scientology tech, from Hubbard's 'Black Propaganda' of 12 January 1972:

"The objective is to be identified as attackers of popularly considered evils. This declassifies us from former labels. It reclassifies our attackers as evil people."

Jump

Operating teatime

Great info Veda.

For those that don't have the time to read through it all, this cover-page from Hubbard's FBI files at one point gives a good summary...

LRHappearsmental_zps79301b29.jpg