What's new

Upcoming Dianetics strategy

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
Something in a another thread reminded me of this, and it may have some value to someone. Call it "preventative medicine" if you will.

A discovery was made a couple of years ago by DM (see, LRH is not the only one who makes "discoveries" in Dianetics and Scientology), which was that people were not particularly interested in Dianetics if you were trying to sell it to them to handle "past traumatic experiences."

Let me clarify. Showing things like a person getting into car accident, being knocked unconscious and getting an engram was not a good way to introduce someone to Dianetics, for most people didn't have such dramatic traumatic experiences, so "why would I need Dianetics?"

Good question.

So here's the answer: (It is actually from LRH) "Everyone has a birth."

In other words, there is at least ONE traumatic experience that anyone can agree upon, and that is having been born.

Now, this was a MAJOR discovery of why Dianetics marketing had been bugged, according to DM. And how to debug it.

This idea (not based on DM discovery at the time) was used in some earlier Dianetics ads, showing an unborn baby in the womb with echoing sounds of what was going on outside.

So you can expect, after the attempt to run the successful (in the 80ies) "question ads" (and discovering that they were successful in the 80ies), that the next Dianetics ads to be resurrected will be the baby-in-the-womb ads or something similar relating to the "birth engram."

Just so that it isn't some big surprise when they show up on the History Channel.

Good twin

Floater
Yes, and when "Orientation" came out the broadsheet promoting it had a baby on the cover. It was a very UNsuccessful piece as I recall. I hope they do push birth. I doubt it will do much. They'd be better off promoting DMSMH with a group of people wearing Guy Fawkes masks.:yes:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Why don't they do some fresh surveys? Or is that too simple?

Well, I suppose the real answer is that it might work and they don't really WANT to get new people in. As Jeff Hawkins will no doubt detail in his next chapter. :)

Paul

Good twin

Floater
Why don't they do some fresh surveys? Or is that too simple?

Well, I suppose the real answer is that it might work and they don't really WANT to get new people in. As Jeff Hawkins will no doubt detail in his next chapter. :)

Paul

The master of Paranoia wouldn't trust a survey done by anyone but himself. Hear the walls cracking?

Smitty

comment to LBV

A discovery was made a couple of years ago by DM (see, LRH is not the only one who makes "discoveries" in Dianetics and Scientology), which was that people were not particularly interested in Dianetics if you were trying to sell it to them to handle "past traumatic experiences."
That is likely because such people are not stuck with their bad experiences.
Let me clarify. Showing things like a person getting into car accident, being knocked unconscious and getting an engram was not a good way to introduce someone to Dianetics, for most people didn't have such dramatic traumatic experiences, so "why would I need Dianetics?"
Again, if a person is not stuck with trauma, they would not need to do anything with those experiences.
So here's the answer: (It is actually from LRH) "Everyone has a birth."
In other words, there is at least ONE traumatic experience that anyone can agree upon, and that is having been born.
That assumes that birth is an experience that everyone gets stuck with. There is no evidence that is the case.
Now, this was a MAJOR discovery of why Dianetics marketing had been bugged, according to DM. And how to debug it.
That is not a discovery, it is a speculation.
This idea (not based on DM discovery at the time) was used in some earlier Dianetics ads, showing an unborn baby in the womb with echoing sounds of what was going on outside.
What is being said while a child is in the womb can very well be entirely irrelevant.
So you can expect, after the attempt to run the successful (in the 80ies) "question ads" (and discovering that they were successful in the 80ies), that the next Dianetics ads to be resurrected will be the baby-in-the-womb ads or something similar relating to the "birth engram."
And such ads might only attract those who are stuck with the birth experience. This is more of the hubbardian belief that only he or his indoctrinated case supervisors know what is best for a person, the basis for a failed therapy.
Smitty

ScudMuffin

Yes, and when "Orientation" came out the broadsheet promoting it had a baby on the cover. It was a very UNsuccessful piece as I recall. I hope they do push birth. I doubt it will do much. They'd be better off promoting DMSMH with a group of people wearing Guy Fawkes masks.:yes:

Ha! The amount of people who think we promote Co$ is stupid, esp with large signs saying "protest against scientology." That said, Wolves is a little safer now, the place they set up stalls in we've got them banned from.

I think one of the questions that I asked when they pushed the book on me was "Why is there a volcano on it?" To get better sales they'll have to have a more relevant cover, advertising, imagery. And now they have to, under law, tell people that they're with the Co$.

Last edited: