What's new

Upcoming Swedish tv Sep 2nd 2015

catarina

PTS Type III
Wow, I can't keep up. Mariette Lindstein is busy busy busy exposing the CoS and promoting her novel. :hifive:
For example, the book was reviewed on Sveriges Television last night, the main national channel, and was praised both for the subject matter and the writing, and called "perhaps the most interesting book this season".
http://www.svtplay.se/video/3510962/go-kvall/go-kvall-go-kvall-64?start=auto starts at about 9.45 min, in Swedish.

Another interview at
http://www.boktugg.se/2015/09/07/mariette-flydde-fran-sekten-nu-trotsar-hon-alla-hot-och-talar-ut/

Returning to the television show that started this thread, last Wednesday, it was the CoS turn to give their version. It also included a very moving interview with a young man who had left Jehova's Witnesses and his family when he realized that he was gay, he somehow seemed wise beyond his years.
http://www.svtplay.se/video/3481814/den-enda-sanna-vagen/den-enda-sanna-vagen-avsnitt-3?start=auto

Back to the CoS. PR guy Stig Andersson who receives the tv team doesn't use the rabid dog technique, on questions about whether the CoS terrorizes critical journalists he acts completely ignorant. Even if the show is in Sweden, it can be fun to have a look inside the "ideal" org of Malmoe. After a while, the reporter says "we are in a church, but so far it feels more like being in an exhibition hall". Understandable, since there is hardly a person in sight in this large building. They do get some short snaps of a few people reading books in a course room.

To go on, the film team have asked to be allowed to speak to a regular scientologist. They are introduced to a girl, and when the reporter asks the PR guy if he needs to be present at the interview, he says oh no, but you can see him sit down in the background and most likely within hearing. The reporter asks if it's ok for any member to speak with media, and PR guy says well, they prefer to talk it through first, and the girl now to be interviewed admits to having been briefed. Anyway, she said the she had a concussion while playing sports that woldn't heal, she tried everything without success. Then she found an OCA test online, then bought DMSMH and went to the org for auditing. Says she has been helped by auditing past life incidents, and that she believes in it because it feels true and if it's true for her it's true.

When they ask to film in an auditing room, they are told it is impossible because they are all full at the moment... But they do get to try a "stress test" on the meter. PR guy also manages to throw in a few angry words at psychiatry. Eventually they take a look at the chapel (empty, of course) to read the aims of Scn.

Is the fun over yet? Oh no, there will be even more about Scn next week, I have no idea what.

And who knows if Mariette is up to more?

catarina

PTS Type III
Sorry, a bit of life turned up.

Last week, the tv team once more asked to talk to regular members. OSA guy started to sound more annoyed and said it was impossible since some of them were not prepared (why would you need to be prepared to talk about your own personal faith?) They could join a couple of volunteer ministers recruiting in the street. One said, not too convincingly, that on other weekends there would be many more scientologists.

Tomorrow is the last episode of this series.

Meanwhile, Mariette Lindstein is everywhere. The other day, she turned up as a large photo on the front page of a national newspaper. Yesterday, she was interviewed by Malou, who is kind of sort of our Oprah. And at Adlibris, the largest Swedish net shop for books, her novel is right now number two on the thrillers list.
http://www.adlibris.com/se/avdelning/thrillers-7386

JustSheila

Crusader
Mariette Lindstein certainly IS everywhere! Her book has rocketed to the top ten or 20 thriller books! Way to go, Mariette!

Undoubtedly, she or her publisher will soon be making English translations available. The book is HOT!

Party on, Danes, Swedes and Norwegians! :party:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/category/1287

Partial Google translation:

On a foggy and wind- whipped island off the Bohuslän coast, is a New Age movement settled down . Their charismatic leader, Franz Oswald, has developed a doctrine ViaTerra, said to restore the spiritual mind and the body's natural balance. The movement has a magnetic attraction for celebrities and politicians in high positions. Sofia Bauman, who had just taken his university degree, is fascinated by Oswald learn. Unsure of what she wants to do with his life...

oh and

FUCK YOU OSA! :biggrin:

catarina

PTS Type III
Strange, I thought I posted again here... never mind.

According to the web page for the book, there should be an English version next year. :)
http://www.mlindstein.com/

Now that I have read it, it makes sense to me that she chose to write a fiction book. She can play around with the characters and events, but there is still so much Scn in it, not that much tech but the organization and various events. At the same time, it's not like the CoS can sue her: "That part where they forced people to jump off a high cliff into the sea as punishment, that is our original copyrighted idea except we used ships." :angry:

It's an easy read and exciting, and since there is not a lot of odd terminology you can recommend it to people who are not already very involved.

Bananas

Hello, lurker stopping by to say thanks for posting this. This program is really well made, the reporter is just letting them set their own traps and walk into them. I don't quite know how to describe it, but it is gloriously awkward. The way the church representative follows her and supervises every interview is very creepy and they do a very good job showing him standing close at all times without actually mentioning it. So far I've learned:

* The price of going clear is a "private thing"
* What's true for me is true sounds really awkward and stupid in Swedish, same goes for all the other preprogrammed phrases
* Nobody wants a touch assists
* The way to happiness' advice is even more obvious than I though
* The church in Malmö has 500 members, yet it is empty and silent
* They semi-admitted to coaching the interviewee

Next week he's going to go get mad about her mentioning money too much, should be good :)
I wouldn't be surprised to see some heads roll in Malmö, this is a total disaster.

JustSheila

Crusader
:welcome2: Bananas!

Thanks for giving us some info on the show and how it's going. It sounds like Sweden news has shown Scientology to be illogical and ridiculous. You have a great sense of humor and I enjoyed your description. Please tell us more as the show develops.

Are you also an ex-Scientologist? Whether you are or not, you are very welcome here and your posts are appreciated. :)

catarina

PTS Type III
Hi Bananas :)

Hello, lurker stopping by to say thanks for posting this. This program is really well made, the reporter is just letting them set their own traps and walk into them. I don't quite know how to describe it, but it is gloriously awkward. The way the church representative follows her and supervises every interview is very creepy and they do a very good job showing him standing close at all times without actually mentioning it.

Yes, the way they "accidentally" use camera angles that show the OSA guy always hovering in the background is brilliant.

catarina

PTS Type III
Tonight, just a bunch of OSA evading questions nonsense.

The fun part was when they had a "surprise party" for a member who had just returned after doing OTVIII, as she walked in the door. There were about 10 people present. I wonder where they hid the other 490?

Bananas

:welcome2: Bananas!

Thanks for giving us some info on the show and how it's going. It sounds like Sweden news has shown Scientology to be illogical and ridiculous. You have a great sense of humor and I enjoyed your description. Please tell us more as the show develops.

Are you also an ex-Scientologist? Whether you are or not, you are very welcome here and your posts are appreciated. :)
Thank you, and thank you catarina, I feel very welcomed. I am a never-in, I'm just very fascinated by the church and specifically how they handle the media.

I took the liberty of translating todays interview with the media representative from the chruch because he botched it pretty badly. I tried not to interpret too much as the specific wording is interesting at times. The media rep is not very good but then again it's a hard job representing the church...

Q: There's a few things that you have not been willing to discuss in the days we've been here. You say you are not allowed to talk about them. Which things?
A: They are related to the facts [he used the word facts] you receive as you ascend to the upper levels. It's simply the best way to do it. The issue is that it seems weird [he used the word fjolligt, which mean effeminate or gay but that word does not fit the sentence in Swedish]. That's the purpose of leaking it, to scare people who have not yet been here. "Don't go there, their brains are scrambled"

Q: Do you mean the theories seem weird, odd?
A: Exactly

Q: But you wouldn't think that if you had done the levels in the correct order?
A: No. If we assume they're the same thing that can be found on the internet, that would be the case. [He admits that most people would think the theories are bunk unless they did the lower levels first, in case that's unclear]

Q: So, there are levels which are not public and many people perceive it like there is a lot of secrecy around them. The chruch of scientology wants to protect certain information.
A: It's really not that strange. I mean, the car company that creates a new car.. If someone put all the blueprints on the web, that would be theft. That's exactly what we're talking about here.

Q: Is that how you view the materials? It's theft?
A: Yes, of course. It's copyrighted information. Absolutely.

Q: This is a peculiar mix between religion and business you're describing. So to properly assimilate[understand] the religious philosophy, along the way one has to pay, there's a price tag.
A: I'm tired of talking about the money thing. [Obviously irritated] VERY tired of the money thing. We make people free and they get a product that they're very happy with and they'd never[emphasis] want their money and a worse life back [Implying if they could go back in time and change their desicion to join the church, they wouldn't]. It's really like that.

Q: There's a number of people who have left the church, who have enormous amounts of debt.
A: Their life is their life, and that's something they'll have to take responsibility for themselves. What we deliver is a technology and there's rules.. Well not rules but there's a well defined path for how to become free and if you don't follow it.. Well OK.

Q: If you as a member are critical against the leadership, or your leader David Miscavige, what do you do? Can you as a member criticize him?
A: Absolutely.

Q: Have you ever done that?
A: No. There's no reason to.

Q: Is there anything in his leadership you're critical against?
A: No. Absolutely not. Absolutely[emphasis] not.

Q: There's massive amounts of criticism against David Miscavige from ex-members, and also from members of his family that have left the movement. How do you view that criticism?
A: No comment. I live here in Sweden, we use the technology. No comment. I know nothing about that.

Q: What are your thoughts about the organization around David Miscavige, what's called the Sea Org. The scientologists that work for him, how's their lives? How do they live?
A: They're incredibly dedicated, they know time is running out [Implied: to clear the planet] and... They're incredibly dedicated to making it work. They help every organization to make things work better.

Q: If one has children when one joins the Sea Org, what happens?
A: They have to be a certain age, I don't know exactly [how old]. The children often join Sea Org as well. That's how it's done. The purpose is.. They're so incredibly dedicated, and we here [in this org] benefit incredibly from the existence of the Sea Org.

Q: How do you benefit?
A: All the materials you've seen on this little trip.. It's all translated into 15 or 60 [that's what he said] languages. The sea org does that. Just as an example. They lend support for all kinds of courses and so on, so we become more effective in our job.

Q: What would you say to a 19-year-old, here, in the church in Malmö, who wants to go to the US and join the Sea Org?
A: Welcome

Q: Don't you have a responsibility to find out how it will turn out for her?
A: Absolutely, and it will be great.

Q: And you're sure about that?
A: I'm sure. I know many people who work in the Sea Org. No problems whatsoever. Really.

Q: You've answered some of the hardest questions about Scientology. How do you feel about having to do that all the time?
A: It's draining, but it's my role to take the hit so that the operation can keep going. So that everyone who works here can go full blast on working to make people free.

JustSheila

Crusader
Thank you, and thank you catarina, I feel very welcomed. I am a never-in, I'm just very fascinated by the church and specifically how they handle the media.

I took the liberty of translating todays interview with the media representative from the chruch because he botched it pretty badly. I tried not to interpret too much as the specific wording is interesting at times. The media rep is not very good but then again it's a hard job representing the church...

:thankyou: Bananas!

That's a real hard-hitting interview. :clap: :clap: :clap: I just LOVE this part:

Q: If you as a member are critical against the leadership, or your leader David Miscavige, what do you do? Can you as a member criticize him?
A: Absolutely.

Q: Have you ever done that?
A: No. There's no reason to.

Q: Is there anything in his leadership you're critical against?
A: No. Absolutely not. Absolutely[emphasis] not.

Q: There's massive amounts of criticism against David Miscavige from ex-members, and also from members of his family that have left the movement. How do you view that criticism?
A: No comment. I live here in Sweden, we use the technology. No comment. I know nothing about that.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

The Scientology representative sounds very uncomfortable - was the room feeling a little hot for him? :biggrin: First, he generously states how easy it is for anyone to criticize, then he turns around emphatically stating he doesn't have the slightest criticism. What? :duh: Everything is so perfect, there is nothing to improve?

He doesn't even realize that to the listeners, he sounds brainwashed and fanatical.

Great job! It sounds like a wonderful show! Thank you very much for translating. I enjoyed that. It's fun to imagine these lying Scientology officials get caught on national camera in Sweden, and to know that this is going on at the same time in other parts of the world, too. :biggrin: People are getting wise to the scam of Scientology and it's good to see.

catarina

PTS Type III
For several years after leaving our favorite "church", Mariette Lindstein was left alone. But suddenly, after publishing her novel and speaking out, her computer is hacked and she gets weird phone calls in the middle of the night...

Maybe she is now shuddered into silence.

Oh wait. I guess not. This morning on the second largest tv channel:
http://www.tv4play.se/program/nyhetsmorgon?video

Meanwhile, her novel is right now at position four on the top list for all categories over at Adlibris (largest web book store) and can rightfully be called a bestseller.

DM, how could you not see this coming? :furious:

catarina

PTS Type III
One month after Mariette's novel first appeared on the Adlbris thriller top list, it's still in the top three. I believe it's in its third printing now.

And the second book is well on its way...