Update on Hubbard's physics education

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
there is science to dianetics but it's a soft science rather than a hard science like metalugy

from square one, dmsmh was published and people bought the book and independently got results with the techniques...

but it doesn't produce absolutely repeatable result with every person all the time

and few can get the kind of result which i've been getting with boston's big league teams so far this century

but i can...

Here are some of the fraudulent claims made for Dianetics, as taken from the Dianetics: Modern Science of Mental Health book as published in 1950:

1. Dianetics is “the science of the mind,” and is simpler, as exact, and far more useful than physics and chemistry.

2. Dianetics is actually a collection of pursuits in the humanities that have been brought together and made “precise.”

3. Dianetics is an “exact science” on the order of engineering.

4. Dianetics relies not on theories, but on axioms — in other words, revealed truths, not guesses.

5. Dianetic therapy is able to cure, completely and with no chance of relapse, all “inorganic” and “psycho-somatic” illnesses (which, Hubbard says later in the book, make up 70 percent of all human ailments).

http://tonyortega.org/2013/01/11/blogging-dianetics-part-2-the-state-of-clear/

some background on the bruins...

in the '09-'10 season the nhl did it's annual outdoor game at fenway park and philly came in to face boston. it was a great game. boston tied it at one each with a goal in the last minute and then won in overtime...

of course fenway is where the sox down three-zip came off the canvas in game four and swept to their first series victory in 86 years. no mlb team had ever come down three-zip. no nba team has ever done it. but two nhl teams had turned the trick

so...

come the playoffs a favored bruin team won the first three games against the flyers and then dropped four straight. yo! nhl! "here's your throat back, thank you for the loan. and there's something happenin' here and you don't know what it is, do you mr. jones."

or maybe you do 'cause next year i'm pushing hack and i pick the livein girlfriend of bruins star milan lucic up in the north end and i guess we must have bonded fairly well as lucic lead the bruins to their first stanley cup since '72 completing the grand slam of all four big league crowns in a decade

Last edited:

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors
some background on the bruins...

in the '09-'10 season the nhl did it's annual outdoor game at fenway park and philly came in to face boston. it was a great game. boston tied it at one each with a goal in the last minute and then won in overtime...

of course fenway is where the sox down three-zip came off the canvas in game four and swept to their first series victory in 86 years. no mlb team had ever come down three-zip. no nba team has ever done it. but two nhl teams had turned the trick

so...

come the playoffs a favored bruin team won the first three games against the flyers and then dropped four straight. yo! nhl! "here's your throat back, thank you for the loan. and there's something happenin' here and you don't know what it is, do you mr. jones."

or maybe you do 'cause next year i'm pushing hack and i pick the livein girlfriend of bruins star milan lucic up in the north end and i guess we must have bonded fairly well as lucic le the buins to their first stanley cup since '72 completing the grand slam of all four big league crowns in a decade

nice try.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
i can get results with a gun to peoples heads, but that doesn't make it workable. Shit is shit in my book. Sugar coating shit doesn't make it taste any better no matter the results you get from selling people on eating it.

Apparently, Hubbard picked up some of the "marketing techniques" of Joseph Goebbels to disseminate Dianetics. :whistling:

goebbels_big_lie2.jpg

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Apparently, Hubbard picked up some of the "marketing techniques" of Joseph Goebbels to disseminate Dianetics. :whistling:

goebbels_big_lie2.jpg

"Respected German historian Guido Knopp has compared a speech by US actor Tom Cruise to the Church of Scientology with a call to war by Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels.

Knopp, an expert on World War II history, said in an interview with Bild newspaper: "Tom Cruise's manner calls to mind Goebbels." LINK

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

goebbels_big_lie2.jpg

Even scarier when the liar starts believing his own big lies.
Hubbard frantically auditing bt's is like JK Rowling waving a stick around and expecting a door to open or making polyjuice potion.
It takes a really special kind of sanity to go there.

guanoloco

As-Wased
"As to when he started telling whoppers? Probably pretty early on in his life I think."

Definitely by high school. One of the earliest I've read of was when he "disappeared" from high school. Turned up at his sister's home in/near Seattle. Did not return to school, went south to California seeking transport aboard a US Navy vessel to wherever his parents were. Guam? He ended up getting the transport after officials contacted his father.

Ron had a sister?

Link this, please, would like to read.

nice try.

nice try?

records are made to be broken and some sports wizard is gonna come along and outdo me someday no doubt

but i got the only grand slam on record...

you might quibble the bruins cup being won in 2011 takes it out of the decade but the season began in 2010. decades run 1-10; 1960 is the last year of the fifties, not the first of the sixties

and beating me on style points is gonna be even tougher...

Here are some of the fraudulent claims made for Dianetics, as taken from the Dianetics: Modern Science of Mental Health book as published in 1950:

1. Dianetics is “the science of the mind,” and is simpler, as exact, and far more useful than physics and chemistry.

2. Dianetics is actually a collection of pursuits in the humanities that have been brought together and made “precise.”

3. Dianetics is an “exact science” on the order of engineering.

4. Dianetics relies not on theories, but on axioms — in other words, revealed truths, not guesses.

5. Dianetic therapy is able to cure, completely and with no chance of relapse, all “inorganic” and “psycho-somatic” illnesses (which, Hubbard says later in the book, make up 70 percent of all human ailments).

http://tonyortega.org/2013/01/11/blogging-dianetics-part-2-the-state-of-clear/

dmsmh is an opening statement; the subject is well established and also remains developmental

ron...

is gone...

i'm still here and much of the material from dmsmh/sos remains fresh; timetrack, anaten, lock, secondary, key-in, key-out...

and on and on pitsy

there's truth enough in what you're saying but pouring acid on the raw ore just makes the nuggets easier to see

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors
nice try?

records are made to be broken and some sports wizard is gonna come along and outdo me someday no doubt

but i got the only grand slam on record...

you might quibble the bruins cup being won in 2011 takes it out of the decade but the season began in 2010. decades run 1-10; 1960 is the last year of the fifties, not the first of the sixties

and beating me on style points is gonna be even tougher...

nice try.

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors
dmsmh is an opening statement; the subject is well established and also remains developmental

ron...

is gone...

i'm still here and much of the material from dmsmh/sos remains fresh; timetrack, anaten, lock, secondary, key-in, key-out...

and on and on pitsy

there's truth enough in what you're saying but pouring acid on the raw ore just makes the nuggets easier to see

good thing about it is the indie movement will be gone soon and there will be no more development of it.

nice try.

so...

"nice try."

it looks better than a try to me. let me give you some details to piss on. i'm cycling through the 15 minute computers at the library so i'll have to keep editing into the first post. i'll further articulate the bruins/leafs series to open the last playoffs...

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors
so...

"nice try."

it looks better than a try to me. let me give you some details to piss on. i'm cycling through the 15 minute computers at the library so i'll have to keep editing into the first post. i'll further articulate the bruins/leafs series to open the last playoffs...

nice try.

THE OVERTURE

so i was in my hack doing a dianetic assist on "the athens of america" and the playoffs started and i saw this as good havingness for my patient. i don't follow hockey. i was a bruins fan when i was a dumbass kid back when the nhl had only six teams more than forty years ago so i started out just following the games in the morning paper...

toronto made the playoffs for the first time in eleven years as a seventh seed. the two teams split the two games in boston and the bruins swept the next pair there

this is where i stuck my nose in...

the rabid fan just wants to see them come back for a game five clincher. oooo... tasteless. no no no no no. this year it is so much more than a game. canada's hart as gone out to our wounded city; such a gracious and generous host. it was my thought; indeed my intention; my postulate that we should go back to great white north and pour them a labatt's if not a molson's...

and the music on the ice for game five echoed the music before the puck was dropped..

o canada, we stand on guard for thee...

and proceeded to a robust finish...

O! CA..NA..DA! we..stand..on... GUAAARD... FOR... THEEEEEE!!!

back in toronto

Last edited:

10oriocookies

Patron with Honors
THE OVERTURE

so i was in my hack doing a dianetic assist on "the athens of america" and the playoffs started and i saw this as good havingness for my patient. i don't follow hockey. i was a bruins fan when i was a dumbass kid back when the nhl had only six teams more than forty years ago so i started out just following the games in the morning paper...

toronto made the playoffs for the first time in eleven years as a seventh seed. the two teams split the two games in boston and the bruins swept the next pair there

Nicer try.