What's new

Usefulness of Tech Training

Was/is Tech Training Useful to you?

• I received no tech training.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • I received tech training but got no useful results.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I received tech training, got useful results, but not as claimed by LRH or the Church .

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • I received tech training, got useful results that lived up to what LRH and the Church claimed.

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • I received tech training, but didn't always get useful results

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I received tech training, and found that the results I got did more harm than good.

• I found that tech training was very useful and positive even outside the session environment.

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • I found that tech training changed the way I viewed people in a positive way.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I found that tech training changed the way I viewed people in a negative way.

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • I found tech training didn't change the way I viewed people.

• Total voters

uniquemand

Unbeliever
LRH is on record as having said that at least 50% of the benefits to be had from Scientology came from training. In fact, it is impossible to do the OT Levels (or the "Alternate Route to Clear") without training minimally as a Solo Auditor. I'm creating this Poll to find out what posters here think of the training to be had in Scientology, whether you get it in the FreeZone, Independent, or in the Church. Let me make it clear that you can select any number of options, and that your identity will not be disclosed (I did not select the option which identifies which people took the poll and which answers they gave).

Last edited:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Interest. Discussion. Thanks. I'm waiting until I see some more results. We have a few hundred users on the site, so I'm hoping for at least about 10% replies (15 or 20 people) before I start generalizing any conclusions to discuss.

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Surprizing results! :omg:

Hmm.. I didn't vote.. Well, obviously my vote would be that tech did more damage than good.. Abeit, I'd use more pitoresque language.. Like: It's was utter stinking DRECK!

In fact.. Even if I did have some positive experience with 'tech' an any form.. I'd reserve my judgement in view of what the CoS really is: A totalitarian mess that drives it's followers to financial ruin and the brink of suicide... That's the 'product'! - Even a diehard scio knows this.. A 'thetan' always knows.. He just trained TR's to ignore the hell outta the knowledge!

:yes:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Your opinions are very welcome, SchwimmelPuckel. There are options that suit your experience.

I agree with you about the totalitarian nature of the Church, and the damage the Church has done. I consider that another topic, but I understand how they could be conflated (from my perspective) or inter-related.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
bump: don't want to annoy, but there are so many threads right now (most to do with activism, which I applaud, but which isn't what I'm here to discuss) that I don't want the poll to get lost in the shuffle. I'm hoping to get about 20 replies before launching into much discussion.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I find the results not surprising at all.

No doubt you find my opinion on it not surprising too. Thanks for the survey anyway, I find it interesting.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
It is not surprising to me that these results are coming in. I'm a little surprised that there aren't more people saying that they did more harm than good, given the apparent prevailing opinions on the board. That was one of the reasons I wanted to do a poll, to let people say what was their opinion, without being drowned out by volume of others.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
It is not surprising to me that these results are coming in. I'm a little surprised that there aren't more people saying that they did more harm than good, given the apparent prevailing opinions on the board. That was one of the reasons I wanted to do a poll, to let people say what was their opinion, without being drowned out by volume of others.

It's not really surprising to me; Auditors and Case Supervisors are generally good people.

Would a well-intentioned person ever Audit another (or continue to do so) if they thought for a moment that it was harmful to the recipient?

I doubt it.

Panda

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Another correct indication!

It's not really surprising to me; Auditors and Case Supervisors are generally good people.

Would a well-intentioned person ever Audit another (or continue to do so) if they thought for a moment that it was harmful to the recipient?

I doubt it.

Panda

I share that doubt, Panda! :thumbsup: Good post! :clap:

Mike/Roy and the EPs

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Just goes to show that people complaining about how harmful it is are ignorant assholes who never did any tech training.

(Maybe that will shake up the answers a bit. :))

Paul

Don't confuse "frequent vociferous abuse" with "prevailing opinion".

In my experience the most active posters on any board I've seen aren't necessarily reflective of the prevalence of views on the board. Especially when the tone of the posts runs negative. This patterns runs very true on FZ boards also, as well as the many non-scientology boards I've been a member of or have visited.

Mark A. Baker

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Allright.. I voted 'No tech training'... I'm an ignorant asshole who never did any tech training!

WTF!? - I did lots of training. Admin. PTS/SP. Public Relations.. I tend to view the whole shebang as 'tech'... And I was 'subjected' to that whole shebang for 10 years.

I found myself believing fully that I was an SP. That I had no right to live.. That I should stay away from honest, decent people.

Pfft! - I've recovered!

Scientology is the worlds largest group of ignorant assholes who believe they are the authorities on the human mind!

:grouch:

klidov

Silver Meritorious Patron
to be fair, I voted "No tech training" but I was never a $ci.

:witch2:

(But I am surprised by the lack of replies)

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Allright.. I voted 'No tech training'... I'm an ignorant asshole who never did any tech training!

WTF!? - I did lots of training. Admin. PTS/SP. Public Relations.. I tend to view the whole shebang as 'tech'... And I was 'subjected' to that whole shebang for 10 years.

I found myself believing fully that I was an SP. That I had no right to live.. That I should stay away from honest, decent people.

Pfft! - I've recovered!

Scientology is the worlds largest group of ignorant assholes who believe they are the authorities on the human mind!

:grouch:

Lol, :grouch: you crack me up. I perhaps should have said "Academy Auditor Training", because that's what I meant. Oh well. PTS/SP is technically an Academy course, and I believe there are audited actions taught on it? Also, you have to have the Student Hat to do it, and Student Hat is a tech training course.

Thanks for your votes and opinions, people, I'm happy to see them coming. Negativity, positivity, whatever your view is.

Carmel

Crusader

I doubt it.

Panda
Agree wholeheartedly! :)

I'm not surprised at results so far - those who dare to say anything at all positive about the tech lately, tend to get their head blown off!

Just goes to show that people complaining about how harmful it is are ignorant assholes who never did any tech training.

(Maybe that will shake up the answers a bit. :))

Paul
:clap: :thumbsup:

Veda

Sponsor
Really, there is no "the tech." Only bits and pieces of "tech"

That's one reason why this tends to be a complicated issue.

When it becomes obvious that there are 1001 bits of "tech," some positive, some negative, some off-the-wall, some helpful, some hurtful, and when the template for Scientology - sometimes called the 'Scientological Onion' - is considered, referrences to "the tech" seem naive.

One might say, it's useful to have "three eyes," but make sure that the third eye is above the other two, otherwise one is cross-eyed.

Scientology is notorious for its capacity to produce "cross-eyed" enlightenment-states.

Push the central eye up an inch or two and note the improvement.

http://www.dinaburgarts.com/prints/images/third_eye_crumb.jpg

Well... usually it's an improvement...

Last edited: