Vacation in the Sea Org

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
since i burned all my "source" crap, wasn't there a hubbard reference about someone needing/wanting a vacation meant ________ blah blah, something negative, that was used against every public and staff?

Yeah, I recalled the same one. I think it was in one of those self-promotional "briefing about all the great things I have been doing" pieces where Hubbard bragged about how he had resisted the temptation and advertisement urgings about taking a vacation himself.

Apparently, saving all beings in the universe for eternity is a full-time job.

If I had to bet I'd say Paul will know exactly which HCOB that was in.

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
Fuck,I could not even get a vacation when my grandpa died and grandma was sick. She died as soon I got offloaded and came to see her just in time,she said she would not die before she saw me first and now she is at peace.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yeah, I recalled the same one. I think it was in one of those self-promotional "briefing about all the great things I have been doing" pieces where Hubbard bragged about how he had resisted the temptation and advertisement urgings about taking a vacation himself.

Apparently, saving all beings in the universe for eternity is a full-time job.

If I had to bet I'd say Paul will know exactly which HCOB that was in.

Does that mean if I can't say then I win the bet? :)

This is a useful one for telling staff no when they want time off. From "Indicators of Orgs" PL:

"DILETTANTE-ISM
Dilettante = One who interests himself in an art or science merely as a pastime and without serious study. In an org, this manifests itself with "people should live a little." "One needs a rest from Scientology." "One should do something else too." All that kind of jazz."

Paul

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Does that mean if I can't say then I win the bet? :)

This is a useful one for telling staff no when they want time off. From "Indicators of Orgs" PL:

"DILETTANTE-ISM
Dilettante = One who interests himself in an art or science merely as a pastime and without serious study. In an org, this manifests itself with "people should live a little." "One needs a rest from Scientology." "One should do something else too." All that kind of jazz."

Paul

Excellent reference, even more on point than the one I am thinking of. Thanks!

The one I was trying to remember was probably in late 70's and it specifically talked about ADVERTISING and vacations and how he had (paraphrasing) "risen above it" and continued working, resisting their imploring.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The one I was trying to remember was probably in late 70's and it specifically talked about ADVERTISING and vacations and how he had (paraphrasing) "risen above it" and continued working, resisting their imploring.

I don't remember that one. Sorry.

Paul