What's new

Vance Woodward sues the C0$

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
yah, the COS overwhelmed the IRS with 1200 lawsuits, and the IRS buckled,

the same can happen in reverse. The more lawsuits AT ONCE put to the COS will buckle them.

The COS only won because of one or two lawsuits against them for the earlier period of time.

I guess they call it karma.

Key word is AT ONCE, not over time.

Marty probably counts for 1,000 lawsuits given his knowledge of the cult's workings and DM's fear of him.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
While reading the complaint I could not help but think what an idiot this guy was. Who would keep giving more and more money, with little results, keep thinking he was going to get super powers and immortality, and keep trusting these people. The sad thing is the answer is me.

Gib

Crusader
While reading the complaint I could not help but think what an idiot this guy was. Who would keep giving more and more money, with little results, keep thinking he was going to get super powers and immortality, and keep trusting these people. The sad thing is the answer is me.

Tell me about it. Me TOO.

But hubbard said the reactive mind doubts.

and hubbard said this is unbelievable.

so he somehow made the unbelievable,,,,,,,,,,,,believable.

There's a term for that, I forget it now. :laugh:

Gib

Crusader
The Vance Woodward complaint is very well pled from this lawyer’s perspective. However, as we know from the Florida cases, it is going to face some hurdles such as the church’s contention that the dispute must be determined by a Church of Scientology arbitration procedure. In that procedure the Church appoints the three arbitrators who must be scientologists in good standing and if they were to rule against the church they would be subject to severe discipline and expensive ethics handlings. Scientologists are not supposed to sue each other or the church in the civil courts and it is a major “crime” to file legal proceedings against the church or other scientologist in good standing, or to testify against the church or another scientologist. Scientology has argued that the courts cannot even determine whether the arbitration clause is valid without infringing upon the first amendment. However, there are arguments against that – including the church’s own submissions to the IRS in 1993 (which I have).

I somehow think Vance knows this. He figured out the scam of dianetics, LOL

Gib

Crusader
What I want to know is how in hell he escaped donating to the IAS or to the building funds? Or has he passed on going after them? Mimsey

he's sueing for advanced payments, for services he put on account and has not received.

not for money paid to IAS, building fund, etc.

Vance just wants his money back for AP's, and not for services he received.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
he's sueing for advanced payments, for services he put on account and has not received.

not for money paid to IAS, building fund, etc.

Vance just wants his money back for AP's, and not for services he received.

Here is the *earlier beginning* resulting in Law suit. GO Vance !

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
What I want to know is how in hell he escaped donating to the IAS or to the building funds? Or has he passed on going after them? Mimsey
I managed to make it to August, 2008 without ever donating more than a Lifetime Membership to the IAS and exactly $5 to the building funds, lol.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Vance Woodward quotes important *Religious* oaths of a Sea org Member in this Law suit filing. Read #40, #41 and especially #42

I read the whole filing last night. I had a few chuckles I hope the comedy injected aids in the legal arguments to pierce the veils of claimed religious exemption.

I find it very interesting, and it paints with many strokes and many colours the rampant deception, coercion and fraud used by individuals, and the organization as a whole culture. As far as I understand each and all such actions are reason valid to vacate any purported contract under contract law.

I really like the item 44 as it directs one's attention that COB, the SO captain, 'wears' a double hat and each and all of the cited organizations permanent staff, are held accountable to the COB and it is where the buck stops. The two top positions are inextricably intertwined and I believe will be shown so in many court cases. The Emperor's clothes are a purely imaginary.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow this is not chump change!

Over $210,000.00 for services not delivered! He should get it all back since he never got any service and no longer wants it.

277. Vance paid SF Church at least another $100,000 for services that nominally delivered, but which were of such substandard quality as to be worth nothing and/or which were in certain instances, damaging to Vance

This one may be tricky. That is if he wrote any success stories on services delivered it may be hard for him to prove substandard quality or damages.

I hope he wins :thumbsup:

I don't think it will be hard to win on this one either. He lays it out quite well that fraud and manipulation was used to 1) create a susceptibility to being deceived and, 2) he was deceived 3) that it did not provide benefit/value and that 4) it in fact harmed him in multiple forms. These fall within contract law and tort law and are very actionable.

nice....

Graham Berryan hour ago When a party, such as Scientology, files a CCP 170.6 preemptory challenge there is the risk you may end up with an even more unsuitable judge and Scientology has done that just here. It has no further challenge. IMHO Judge Hess is the worst judge they could have drawn. He is as schooled in Scientology chicanery as any Los Angeles Superior Court judge. He was the judge in the Wollersheim judgment collection case and it was his tentative ruling against Scientology that led the church to finally pay Wollersheim a reported approx. $9M in final settlement (of the original $30M judgment). The defense would be foolish not to keep the new judge since they can also file a CCP 170.6 challenge (once).

I hope Graham , comes here and help.:)

nice...

set up like a bowling pin...

yo!

davey!

the cat is out of the bag davey...

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I left the cult I had about $10,000 unused in my account so I asked for it back. They agreed. No mention of routing forms.

The only problem was that I had to wait because the org had no money. I knew this was true so I waited.

Months and months went by with me pushing for payment and them apologising. Eventually I'd had enough so I took them to court.

The day before the court case I got my cheque.

Maybe it's different here in the UK or maybe it's because this was over 10 years ago? I don't know.

Jump

Operating teatime
Good idea. I think I'll wait a bit before I file mine then. Wanna make sure it gets handled swiftly and professionally. :whistling:

You might want to have a word with a local lawyer to check if there is any statute of limitations on such a refund/harm/malfeasance action where you are.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Radar Online is covering this lawsuit.

See Full Story: http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/03/true-cost-scientology-tax-forms-lawsuit-auditing/

vance_zpsce24e2d3.jpg

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think it will be hard to win on this one either. He lays it out quite well that fraud and manipulation was used to 1) create a susceptibility to being deceived and, 2) he was deceived 3) that it did not provide benefit/value and that 4) it in fact harmed him in multiple forms. These fall within contract law and tort law and are very actionable.

Maybe he will help us sue the cult for all of our money back. We were sold a bill of goods and fraud and deception are now easy to prove!

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
You might want to have a word with a local lawyer to check if there is any statute of limitations on such a refund/harm/malfeasance action where you are.

Is there a statute of limitations for FRAUD? The Bridge to Total Spiritual Freedom has never been correct in 64 years even though Scientology told you it was 100% pure standard tech! It has been 64 years of lying!

So much fraud - The fact that Miscavige KNEW he was selling old stuff while he had his NEW STUFF - like the E-Meter's and books that were getting changed. I bought old stuff I never even opened and never got a credit back. Rip Off.

Miscavige has e-meters sitting in storage for 10 years and the cult sold me not just one - BUT I HAD TO HAVE TWO :duh:

Miscavige knew they would not be allowed to be used in the future yet he allowed the staff to sell them. They did not know.

I know couple's that bought 4 E-Meter's and never used them. After they bought their meters and training packages - They were very busy spinning from joining staff, going to Flag and getting caved in.

Fraud is very easy to prove now - so much evidence out there.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

True. And you can always tell the lawyer about the other pending cases and talk out the pros / cons of waiting out the other cases.

As I understand, Ted Babbitt is taking on clients. He has a prominent "Scientology Litigation" button on his website. :hysterical:

http://www.babbitt-johnson.com/2013-Articles/Scientology-Litigation.shtml

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

A comment from Tony O with regards to this story (above):
http://tonyortega.org/2014/03/31/pa...-to-see-her-record-on-scientology/#more-14156

"We’ll mention just one more thing this morning — the Scientology stories in the press and now even on TV are coming fast and furious, and as always, the quality is uneven. This morning there’s a bizarre new story from Radar Online, for example, which combines the news of Vance Woodward’s lawsuit, which we covered last week, with completely unrelated tax documents for a UK Scientology entity, the Church of Scientology Religious Education College Inc.

Those documents have been at Wikileaks since 2009, and Bryan Seymour did extensive coverage of COSRECI in 2010 — and pointed out that the school had obtained tax-exempt status by using an Australian address.

What do the 2007 tax records of one relatively small UK entity have to do with a Los Angeles lawyer suing Scientology in 2014? Not a thing that we can see. But at this point, the media feeding frenzy means we’ll probably see more bizarre mashups like this in the future."

This is Brian Seymour's story that Tony was referring to above(from June of 2010):

[video=youtube;rsXKiSdYsY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsXKiSdYsY8[/video]