ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Vanishes the vain shields

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vain_shields217, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Dotey OT

Dotey OT Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE

You could send him to the word clearer. I'm looking at him at his desk right now, and he's just writing letters to blown students. Send him there. He'll help him a little, he'll help him alot! A fantastic discovery in the field of study!

2. pineapple

pineapple Silver Meritorious Patron

I'm curious about what you mean here, Sheila. How do you figure they're opposites?

Incarnation, from Latin in carne, "into flesh," getting a body.

Reincarnation = doing it again, getting another body.

vain_shields217 likes this.
  3. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

One is the God going down into the world deciding to be a life form, the other is a garden-variety life form (usually human) trying to improve to get to a higher state that will keep coming back until he gets it right. Here you go:
    http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-incarnation-and-reincarnation/

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  4. vain_shields217

vain_shields217 Patron with Honors

ψΨψΨ psi.... Psi no more ladies, sigh no more: men were deceivers ever.

//why does resizing a photo not seem to apply once I share the post?//

5. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

At the very first post in this thread you say:
    After all this time, did you "give" us anything?

tesseract likes this.
  6. vain_shields217

Right now, there's an episode of America's Book of Secrets airing on a tv channel on planet Earth. One week ago, I was watching that same series airing on that same tv channel. What that means is that today, Sunday, marks a week since I began thinking extra thoughts about Scientology. Tuesday, at 1:11pm my time (a digital binary time meaning ON-ON-ON), I left you these words:

"[bcolor=#ffcc00]I have in my possession a gift that can eradicate this false religion from mother Earth. I won't specify too much now, but in many cases, the best way to beat something is do everything it claims it does in a far superior way[/bcolor]"

Many of you were naturally suspicious of that claim, which some of you expressed by simply directly questioning whether I had anything with which to back it up, whilst others obliquely used sardonic wit and the thread seemed to run away with itself, which was nice to see....

On Friday, in post #171, I said I would finally post my evidence today and that it would be a fresh new topic in one of the other forums:
    Head to Scientology Front Groups and Alliances, because what I am about to reveal concerns the messages conveyed by the CCHR as much as anything.

I am Morpheus - that is, I am if you dream of knowing the truth about our place in this world of scattered-about atoms, intentions, capabilities. The question is, are you ready to be One-Neo-0ne:
    [​IMG]

7. vain_shields217

see thread #206 just sent

8. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

So, the short answer is still "no".

9. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

So where this thread about evidences???

10. vain_shields217

in 'Front groups....' now

11. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Can't say I'm blown away.

Bill likes this.
  12. pineapple

From a Christian perspective, okay. Christians believe God incarnated once as Jesus Christ and the rest of us are born into this world only once, we don't reincarnate. To Christians the birth of Jesus Christ is "The Incarnation," a single event.

In a more general sense, though, incarnation is just taking on a body. Tibetan Buddhists, for example, believe the Dalai Lama is the current incarnation of a spiritual being who has reincarnated many times. In this case "incarnation" just means a particular instance of taking on a body. Reincarnation is just "taking on a body again."

NB: I am very skeptical about all of this these days.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    vain_shields217 likes this.
  13. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

We have heard this before. Don't be surprised if you find this to be a tough audience. The more you drag this out with things that remind us of new age gibbering generators and promises of new releases that remedy past failures the more you risk sounding like Hubbard. If you put together a system of punishment for people who don't do your version of 1 through 10 just right then you will have arrived.

http://suppressiveperson.org/1965/02/07/hcopl-keeping-scientology-working/

(snip)
    Getting the correct technology applied consists of:
    One: Having the correct technology.
    Two: Knowing the technology.
    Three: Knowing it is correct.
    Four: Teaching correctly the correct technology.
    Five: Applying the technology.
    Six: Seeing that the technology is correctly applied.
    Seven: Hammering out of existence incorrect technology.
    Eight: Knocking out incorrect applications.
    Nine: Closing the door on any possibility of incorrect technology.
    Ten: Closing the door on incorrect application.
    One above has been done.
    Two has been achieved by many.
    Three is achieved by the individual applying the correct technology in a proper manner and observing that it works that way.
    Four is being done daily successfully in most parts of the world.
    Five is consistently accomplished daily.
    Six is achieved by Instructors and Supervisors consistently.
    Seven is done by a few but is a weak point.
    Eight is not worked on hard enough.
    Nine is impeded by the “reasonable” attitude of the not-quite-bright.
    Ten is seldom done with enough ferocity.
    Seven, Eight, Nine and Ten are the only places Scientology can bog down in any area.
    The reasons for this are not hard to find, (a) A weak certainty that it works in Three above can lead to weakness in Seven, Eight, Nine and Ten. (b) Further, the not-too-bright have a bad point on the button Self-importance, (c) The lower the IQ, the more the individual is shut off from the fruits of observation, (d) The service facs of people make them defend themselves against anything they confront, good or bad, and seek to make it wrong, (e) The bank seeks to knock out the good and perpetuate the bad.
    Thus, we as Scientologists and as an organization must be very alert to Seven, Eight, Nine and Ten.
    In all the years I have been engaged in research I have kept my comm lines wide open for research data. I once had the idea that a group could evolve truth. A third of a century has thoroughly disabused me of that idea. Willing as I was to accept suggestions and data, only a handful of suggestions (less than twenty) had long-run value and none were major or basic; and when I did accept major or basic suggestions and used them, we went astray and I repented and eventually had to “eat crow.”
    (snip)

strativarius and JustSheila like this.
  14. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I get what you’re saying, but incarnation isn’t limited to Christianity and didn’t start with Christianity. It probably started as a concept in Hinduism. It means a god that has taken on a mortal body willingly without being caught up in the reincarnation cycle. A god must take a big step down to be incarnated, but it is a choice. The god Brahma apparently had seven incarnations and Vishnu had ten. Each incarnation is a different personality aspect of the God, like a different face. Hindus never say they incarnate because they do not see themselves as perfect or gods. They reincarnate to become perfect. I’m not aware of Buddhists referring to themselves as incarnated, either. The Dalai Lama is a holy man and considered spiritually perfect and there by choice, so it’s different.

15. pineapple

Two different ways of looking at it.

incarnation definitions.png

16. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Well I guess definitions have changed since people started using incarnation interchangeably with reincarnation. Ten years ago they were different words with different meanings.

17. vain_shields217

all I'm doing is reminding you that the noun church came from Ecclesia...and handing you the Bible Trinity again but with proof of incorporeal divine agency - the Holy Spirit can still move matter now, just as the Red Sea moved then...

I truly am not asking you or expecting you to subscribe to new doctrines, theories, cult-ish waffl-ese....Show me someone else who has ever done that here, for real.

18. vain_shields217

David Wilcock is Edgar Cayce come back?
    [​IMG]

19. vain_shields217

imagine watching ink emerge from your pen but then form words all by itself, all the while with your eyes as wide as they've ever been:
    [​IMG]

the Greeks had a word for it: "Acheiropoieta" (i.e. not made by human hands)

I give my gift as God made it

20. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

A bit wordy but that should have been the thread title:

"Ecclesia...and handing you the Bible Trinity again but with proof of incorporeal divine agency"