What's new

Vanishes the vain shields

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Any Scientologist who has been trained in sales or dissemination has read this policy about come-on dissemination and the mystery sandwich.

http://www.carolineletkeman.org/c/archives/9682

(snip)

A recent look at dissemination revealed the following data:
DISSEMINATION BY MEANS OF PURVEYING A LITTLE PIECE OR SEVERAL LITTLE PIECES OF TECH (to answer questions, show how a person’s problem could be handled, show how the mind works, etc.) ENDS THE CYCLE AND TERMINATES THE REACH.
DISSEMINATION BY MEANS OF “COME-ON” STRENGTHENS THE REACH AND LITERALLY PULLS THE PERSON IN.
COME-ON
A thetan is a mystery sandwich. If we tell him there is something to know and don’t tell him what it is we will zip people into Div 6 and on into the org. So in using come-on, one simply does the above. You either have or you create interest in your prospects-then you channel them along. Their own curiosity will pull them along the channel, providing you created the correct mystery in the first place.
You channel by indicating where and how to get the data-never just GIVE the data. And one can keep on doing this to a person-shuttle them along using mystery. Dept 17 services especially should be geared to this, one service ending in some mystery that only the next Div 6 (or better yet, Div 4) service will solve. One can also put this type of come-on promotion in books one sells so the person buying the book is put into mystery and doesn’t just end on a win by reading that one book alone.
END-OFF
Reach gets blunted or terminated once a person gets his question answered, the solution to his problem, etc. Purveying random and little pieces of tech to a prospect and the public at large does just this. This is end-off dissemination. Thus one should gear one’s dissemination to the come-on and keep the prospect’s appetite for knowledge and mystery well stimulated and channel the person right along so that he will and does become an actual Scientologist.
In our case, the curiosity restimulated eventually will be fully answered and to the person’s complete advantage. When he is given a mere scrap of information, he has been denied the full data, gains and technology which will be his if he attains the benefits of major services.

(snip)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Then put it up there, we are all ears, or eyes, however you look at it. if it isn't about money then no reason not to post it.
However, even if he/she discovered a miraculous way to end the cult, it would be non-standard to publish it.

HCO POLICY "Free Service, Free Fall"
HCO POLICY "Come On Dissemination"

Ron states that it creates criminals to just give beings the tech for no-exchange.

Ron also states that one never answers questions, because all promo should be a "mystery sandwich" which promises a big secret but never reveals it, creating a hunger in the buyer to pay for it.

All of this is scientifically proven. In a double blind study of 10,000 bums that received "free money handouts" by people randomly walking by, 100% of the bums surveyed after that event were found to be out of work and broke, attempting to survive by begging. Since begging, is by definition a criminal out exchange, giving a beggar money causes them to "go criminal". Similarly, giving anyone tech to make them happy makes them just a happy criminal.

People, please stop asking for free tech! Nobody wants you to go criminal and end up on the street--scrounging for your next meal. Without a home, like a complete unknown, like an ex-Scientologist blown.

Last edited:

vain_shields217

Patron with Honors
So, a mystery sandwich with... a mystery sandwich filling?
it doesn't need to stay in mystery status....
So we're obviously at the upper bread/burger bap stage currently. I could go edit the original New Member Introduction to throw in the 'gift' I refer to for all to see. Or there may be other ways. It would not be a danger to have it viewable in the post, still practicing members of CofS could see it but they couldn't steal it/take it down..... I'm up for reactions and options

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Yes, I'm happy to wait to hear what you have to say. No hurry, take your time. I'm very patient. I don't mind whether it's tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. If you like, you can make sharing your secret with us contingent upon the CoS releasing OTIX and X first. I'd be OK with that, because a good secret worth hearing is a good secret worth waiting for.

Take your time.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
it doesn't need to stay in mystery status....
So we're obviously at the upper bread/burger bap stage currently. I could go edit the original New Member Introduction to throw in the 'gift' I refer to for all to see. Or there may be other ways. It would not be a danger to have it viewable in the post, still practicing members of CofS could see it but they couldn't steal it/take it down..... I'm up for reactions and options
My view is that, as what you have to say is evidently very valuable, you should probably sit on it for a few years. It will probably value as it ages. Don't tell anyone yet - keep it under wraps for a few years. Then come back and see whether it is yet time to throw pearl before swine.

vain_shields217

Patron with Honors
However, even if he/she discovered a miraculous way to end the cult, it would be non-standard to publish it.

HCO POLICY "Free Service, Free Fall"
HCO POLICY "Come On Dissemination"

Ron states that it creates criminals to just give beings the tech for no-exchange.

Ron also states that one never answers questions, because all promo should be a "mystery sandwich" which promises a big secret but never reveals it, creating a hunger in the buyer to pay for it.

All of this is scientifically proven. In a double blind study of 10,000 bums that received "free money handouts" by people randomly walking by, 100% of the bums surveyed after that event were found to be out of work and broke, attempting to survive by begging. Since begging, is by definition a criminal out exchange, giving a beggar money causes them to "go criminal". Similarly, giving anyone tech to make them happy makes them just a happy criminal.

People, please stop asking for free tech! Nobody wants you to go criminal and end up on the street--scrounging for your next meal. Without a home, like a complete unknown, like an ex-Scientologist blown.
I'm going up through the posts in reverse chronological order (I might stop doing that in a second!) Interesting case studies you mention re free handouts, especially as that is what Neale Donald Walsch states that he did with the paychecks and advance he received for his Conversations With God, handed large amounts to curbside 'bums', because he was once one himself....

vain_shields217

Patron with Honors
Well you could certainly point to one person or another as an example of vain shields

However...

For my own part it is not necessarily what it is to anyone else. For my own part I studied it from the perspective it's ideals frmed by my own Judeochristian ideals.

And I got a helluva lot out of it...

(especially me)
you know what dreams are; there is nothing to prove that this statement only refers to the owners of the shields being in one camp. I suspect it also meant the collective loosely and conveniently known as 'the cabal'. Scientology can't be consciously a part of that extreme negativity that some would deny is real anyway, saying it's a bridge too far to assume coordinated purely evil repressive regimes exist

vain_shields217

Patron with Honors
Yes, I'm happy to wait to hear what you have to say. No hurry, take your time. I'm very patient. I don't mind whether it's tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. If you like, you can make sharing your secret with us contingent upon the CoS releasing OTIX and X first. I'd be OK with that, because a good secret worth hearing is a good secret worth waiting for.

Take your time.
this is not a secret. Some would hesitate before making it public due to its nature, but I have taken 16-and-a-half years to see that it NEEDS to be shared.

I'm doing a housesit till nearly the end of August, then I have a plan to very specifically share it publicly in a spot I already selected months back: sometime between 28th Aug and 1st Sep.

I could put it in the original blurb I typed as a URL. I think the first reaction might be "is that all ya got?!" It's natural for me to think that way but not necessarily a problem that stops me taking that course of action....it isn't even all I've got anyway

vain_shields217

Patron with Honors
My view is that, as what you have to say is evidently very valuable, you should probably sit on it for a few years. It will probably value as it ages. Don't tell anyone yet - keep it under wraps for a few years. Then come back and see whether it is yet time to throw pearl before swine.
it's been a few years already. I can't really explain what I mean by that exactly, but it's been 2 years since I realised I might need to do this in Scientology terms and 16 since knowing it had the power to make major shifts occur. Good pearl analogy btw, very good

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Really guys?
Dotey, Are you really prepared to stand in the way of what might turn out to be mankind's only hope of learning the truth about Scientology? Well then, be it on your head.

You will have only yourself to blame when what this guy has to say turns out to be of fundamental importance in getting us all onto the true path that we were all looking for when we stumbled upon Scientology.

Shame on you.

ETA: By the way, I've been PM'd, and I'm the lucky one who is about to be first to learn the secret (providing I prove sufficiently worthy to receive it, of course). I can't breach confidences, so I can say no more than this, at this stage.

HelluvaHoax!

...that is what Neale Donald Walsch states that he did with the paychecks and advance he received for his Conversations With God, handed large amounts to curbside 'bums' because he was once one himself....
That reminds me of scripture:

"All donations handed to me shall be received by me".
Standing Order #1 - Don Hubbard[sup]1[/sup]

[sup]1[/sup] Don (see avatar) Hubbard is Founder of the Church of Hoaxology and the estranged & blown evil twin brother of Ron Hubbard. Don is also the first being on the planet to achieve the state of OH (Operating Hobo).

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
who are you mostly aiming that Really at, me? I don't mind.....
I'm really only commenting on my own idiocy.

For about half my life I believed in something that was a lie. I reached out after to this message board and thought I had found an outlet where there were like minded people. Then occasionally there appeared flaky trolling jerks. Most were dispensed with easily.

The cherch is on it's way out. It's going to be a slow motion catastrophe, or maybe there will be a bang, who really knows. But it should go.

I've just tried to have fun here.

I've seen people here talk and speak positvely about the tek. It is a public message board.

Turns out I don't fit in here very well. So be it.

I think you got nothing.

vain_shields217

Patron with Honors
Dotey, Are you really prepared to stand in the way of what might turn out to be mankind's only hope of learning the truth about Scientology? Well then, be it on your head.

You will have only yourself to blame when what this guy has to say turns out to be of fundamental importance in getting us all onto the true path that we were all looking for when we stumbled upon Scientology.

Shame on you.
I haven't given my name here. What I will state is that it is not Joseph Smith. I am not going to be putting a new Doctrine or set of requirements into the world and asking people to sign up to them.. But I do believe you're right, this could well be the true path you'd thought you'd found.

Thank you.

vain_shields217

Patron with Honors
That reminds me of scripture:

"All donations handed to me shall be received by me".
Standing Order #1 - Don Hubbard[sup]1[/sup]

[sup]1[/sup] Don (see avatar) Hubbard is Founder of the Church of Hoaxology and the estranged & blown evil twin brother of Ron Hubbard. Don is also the first being on the planet to achieve the state of OH (Operating Hobo).

"That reminds me of scripture" Don't read Conversations With God then, because it absolutely won't! Hitler went to heaven....for example

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious

Shame on you.

ETA: By the way, I've been PM'd, and I'm the lucky one who is about to be first to learn the secret (providing I prove sufficiently worthy to receive it, of course). I can't breach confidences, so I can say no more than this, at this stage.
I've always known that I am better than anyone on this board, so to be the chosen one is the real vindication that I have been waiting for. This is so much better than some empty IAS trophy that one spends millions of dollars to achieve. Finally, real validation of my beingness. Oh boy. I'm already having win after win after win just waiting to be the first.

HelluvaHoax!

I haven't given my name here. What I will state is that it is not Joseph Smith. I am not going to be putting a new Doctrine or set of requirements into the world and asking people to sign up to them.. But I do believe you're right, this could well be the true path you'd thought you'd found.
Although you now admit that you are not Joseph Smith (whom we had all erroneously suspected), we are nonetheless still hopeful that you are not just making things up. Can we safely assume that you are likewise using advanced technology like seer stones and hats?

HelluvaHoax!

"That reminds me of scripture" Don't read Conversations With God then, because it absolutely won't! Hitler went to heaven....for example
Thanks! After reading your post I went to Amazon and ordered more clay. I'll get back to you as soon as my bulk shipment arrives.